Anyone else... Not impressed?

9 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

Are you sure this is how the imprint plants are supposed to work? Had my first attempt at a round yesterday and built a couple of imprint plants before the boss battle. When I went down initially it would do nothing, quick revive would just pick me up. Then next down it would respawn me through the imprint plant, even though on both occasions I went down with no quick revive as I had not yet picked it up. It felt buggy or inconsistent at the time, but essentially I would get a free quick revive from using the imprint plant and although my weapons/equipment would revert back to the round that I attached to the plant, the round would not revert back. 

If you have a quick revive then it'll work as normal. In any case that you would have otherwise died, rather than the game simply ending you'll just stick in a downed state and you'll bleed out, like you would in co-op. Then you respawn from the imprint plant at whatever round you created it on.

3 hours ago, TimelordAlex said:

Talking about the map itself, I definitely prefer it to DE, but having said that, like SoE it's not playable in pub lobbies.

Yeah it's pretty much one of those look-after-yourself maps. If you're lucky enough to get some people who know what they're doing then you might be able to get some nice weapons, but you should be looking to settle for what you can get without any EEs or quests. With ZNS I establish where Jugg is and then see if I can get some temporary power on to go get it so my ass is covered to go do other stuff.

7 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

If you have a quick revive then it'll work as normal. In any case that you would have otherwise died, rather than the game simply ending you'll just stick in a downed state and you'll bleed out, like you would in co-op. Then you respawn from the imprint plant at whatever round you created it on.

Not sure what the proper function should be, but that is not how they worked for me. I made 2 imprint plants. Imprinted to the first before round 27 and took down without quick revive at round 39. Respawned from plant at round 39 with perks and weapons from time of imprinting. Imprinted to the second at round 40 and went down without quick revive at round 66. Respawned from plant at round 66 with perks and weapons from time of imprinting. I never had to replay the rounds between imprinting and death.

13 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

To be honest, playing the map without having the main power on is incredibly easy. Once you acquire the perks you need, you have little motivation to re-activate power unless you're dealing with traps constantly (which you won't be honestly).

The only time I ever have it on is when I'm stacked on money and have nothing better to do. The buckets can be filled up with water easily even in the event you lose all your perks.

Playing solo will spawn the Juggernog inside the bunker though..... 

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Koslans said:

Playing solo will spawn the Juggernog inside the bunker though..... 

Does it really? Holy smokes, didn't think it'd be that elaborate. :startle48:

But aside that, even having Lab A and Lab B running at the same time to get said Jugg isn't all too bad. Once the labs run out of water, there's no real need for that central power. Now getting downed and having to recover the perk is a different story.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

Not sure what the proper function should be, but that is not how they worked for me. I made 2 imprint plants. Imprinted to the first before round 27 and took down without quick revive at round 39. Respawned from plant at round 39 with perks and weapons from time of imprinting. Imprinted to the second at round 40 and went down without quick revive at round 66. Respawned from plant at round 66 with perks and weapons from time of imprinting. I never had to replay the rounds between imprinting and death.

Maybe there's something about QR that influences it? Interesting... will have to test this.

EDIT: I've done some testing with and without QR and it all seems a bit random tbh. This time I respawned on the round I was on, once with QR and once without. But before I respawned on the round I was on when I imprinted and I've also seen this happen to other people. Might be a chance thing?

Edited by ZombiesAteMyPizza!
2 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Maybe there's something about QR that influences it? Interesting... will have to test this.

EDIT: I've done some testing with and without QR and it all seems a bit random tbh. This time I respawned on the round I was on, once with QR and once without. But before I respawned on the round I was on when I imprinted and I've also seen this happen to other people. Might be a chance thing?

Could be an element of chance involved. Good to know that's not how they work every time, will have to make sure not to imprint too early in the game if playing for a round.Do you know if they set you back rounds on co-op? Everyone would have to be set back to that round, so it would work pretty much like the time bomb.

2 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

Could be an element of chance involved. Good to know that's not how they work every time, will have to make sure not to imprint too early in the game if playing for a round.Do you know if they set you back rounds on co-op? Everyone would have to be set back to that round, so it would work pretty much like the time bomb.

No idea about co-op tbh. So many unanswered questions regarding these plants atm. Guess 3ARC weren't going to make things simple or they'd be too OP. Apparently you don't actually need the blue water, just the KT shots? Not sure if I also misunderstood but just one shot when you plant the seed is all that is needed too... gonna have to test this myself though so don't quote me on that haha, just what I've read.

EDIT: Just tested - you don't need water! Just plant a seed, and shoot it with a KT shot each round. Should save a lot of time and effort.

Edited by ZombiesAteMyPizza!