Is This the TranZit of BO3 to You?

Greer

Is Shadows of Evil the TranZit of Black Ops 3, and would you go back and play it today?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've noticed a considerable amount of dislike for this map, almost as if this is the TranZit of BO3, and I really do not get it. This map has an amazing setting, great characters, a huge map and a load more amazing stuff that makes it so replayable for me. I hear people moan about the fact there are things to do at the start which are tedious, but I honestly don't see it, I see managing all of the beast modes for each district like sort of mini challenges each time I play, and I keep trying to get them all done as early as possible (was 20 points off of getting PaP on round 2 today). I get that people seem to prefer the old way of things, where you spun the box and camped out, but that can still be done very easily here, so I don't see the problem. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not saying that SOE is the worst map, but it is no where near my favorite. I do admit that I liked it when it came out but it is far to complicated for zombies, though it is very so slightly too complicated and the removal of the meatballs OR the parasites would have made it a far more desirable map.

This map is no where near the level of failure as tranzit, this is definitely not the new tranzit.

I do like, however, that the map was intuitive and introduced one of my favorite perks (you can guess which) and it also added the gobble gums. So no, I would not play this map today (there are just simply better maps) but I do not downright hate SOE.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Koslans said:

I like both Shadows and Tranzit

You like TranZit? Yay, finally found someone who thought the same as me. I love that map, but I think the main reason why many hate it is annoyance: The fog, the maps size, the lava and the Denizens. I dont like SoE that much, and the main reason for me (and for most other too I think) is that you always act the same: Everybody does the beast/power/rituals stuff first. The first 10 rounds in this map are always exact the same for me. And thats why it bores me a bit.

If I think about the  maps we have on BO3, SOE is my least favorite of those. But I still find it enjoyable and pretty good in general. I'm not a huge fan of the beast mode (nor the afterlife in MOTD) but it's a small thing after all. Tranzit was something I didn't like because it had so many things that made the map just plain annoying and hard (the fog, denizens, lava (exploding zombies), the bus, the pack-a-punch, etc...). Also Tranzit was a huge map, but the actual playable areas were rather small and the distance between them made the map so big.

Without being wildly drunk and or otherwise f*** up. I would go back to play Shadows of Evil any day. I don't typically because no one wants to play it with me (internet sucks, gotta play with like 4-5 of my friends and my lil sis). Tranzit REQUIRED me to be F*** up to play that under any circumstances. I CRINGE when I hear people ask to play it as all I can thing of is "Emps.... Avagadro.... 4 hour set up.... PAYBACK's A BITCH..... Jet gun... lava... Turning off power.... " 

SOE was not that bad, although I would label it as the map in BO3 with the least re-playability so far.... Then again, I've yet to actually play ZNS....

I don't hate either, but I understand why people hate both.

SoE only sucks because it has you doing the same set up in the beginning, so when you play it over and over like when BO3 first came out, it can really burn you out. Everything else about that map is pretty great, IMO. it just takes way too long to set up with you having to do the same tedious things each time.

Tranzit, on the other hand, does not have you doing the same thing every time, which I like about it. In a lot of ways that makes it replayable. I liked the chaos of riding the bus mid round, and the individual stops. What I don't like about that map is how it's set up. Pain in the ass fog, bad teleporters, denizens, lava, etc. I'd say their flaws are kind of the opposite of each other.

To me being the new Tranzit wouldn't be so bad because Tranzit was a good map with characters I really like and miss a lot, I wish they could return tbh.

Plus Shadows Of Evil isn't a bad map at all because I think it's one of the best zombies maps (in my opinion) and is better than ZNS which should be the map being considered as the worst in BO3 so far. SOE isn't the best map in the game obviously but it takes second place easily. The map was made in such a great way that when I first played it I was in awe because of how special it felt. The map didn't feel average like a lot of the other maps so to me any hate for it seems crazy. Tha map has a great setting, characters, atmosphere and there's so much to do.

There's a cardinal rule I think devs should follow and that is no waiting. TranZit and Shadows of Evil both have this, and even before 1.08 lowered ritual times, Shadows already beats it in that regard because your not waiting for pivotal transport. You also know where your going in regards to teleporters and distance. That's not to say I hate TranZit, but it has flaws big time.

I would consider Zetsubou No Shima the TranZit of this game honestly. It's not a bad map, but I'd consider it the hardest to get Pack-a-Punch out of the 4 maps, the constant running back and forth to get water buckets (like going between different locations in TranZit), and you can get really unlucky with some of the Trials that you may have to wait or restart if they're too hard.

2 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

There's a cardinal rule I think devs should follow and that is no waiting. 

I would consider Zetsubou No Shima the TranZit of this game honestly. It's not a bad map, but I'd consider it the hardest to get Pack-a-Punch out of the 4 maps, the constant running back and forth to get water buckets (like going between different locations in TranZit), and you can get really unlucky with some of the Trials that you may have to wait or restart if they're too hard.

I think waiting for the rocket in Der Eisendrache is worse than the waiting time in Tranzit, Die Rise and Shadows of Evil combined. 
I never had to wait in any of the old maps....

The water in Zetsubou no Shima is worse than the fog on Tranzit.

Spoiler

Running back and forth to water an underwater plant for three rounds in a row.... 

1 hour ago, Koslans said:

I think waiting for the rocket in Der Eisendrache is worse than the waiting time in Tranzit, Die Rise and Shadows of Evil combined. 
I never had to wait in any of the old maps....

The water in Zetsubou no Shima is worse than the fog on Tranzit.

Reveal hidden contents

I also dislike the waiting in zombies. IT doesn't make the game any harder just a bit more annoying. I actually don't care about Der Eisendrache rocket cause I never actually use that area and I don't bother getting the ragnarok cause I wouldn't use it anyway :P

I don't think ZNS is that bad with the water and you don't have to use the plants if you don't want. Yes you need to get the ww part I think but it's just one plant after all... The fog in Tranzit was way more annoying cause you'd simply get lost and denizens are constantly jumping at you and there were huge lava pools there etc... Watering the plants is way more optional than moving around the map IMO...

My biggest problem with S.o.E. is having to play the map the exact same, every single game.

This also happens to be my biggest Pet Peeve for any Map within the Treyarch Zombie saga.

Even though I've enjoyed Der Eisendrache & Shadows, I feel both maps have you playing the same way every game. I also feel this is in large part because of GobbleGums.

Starting all the way back on Black Ops & Ascension, Treyarch have had an Easter Egg/Side Quest that allowed us (the Player) to obtain more than 4 Perks.

With the release of Black Ops III however, this is no longer the case. I feel this is in large part due to "Perkaholic" & 1 or 2 other GobbleGums.

Its a real let down for the Solo community, such as myself. As 2/4 perks are already spoken for, Jugg & Q.R. Usually the other 2 are taken up by "Stamin-Up" & "Double Tap 2.0". 

Treyarch  really needs to introduce Tier 2 Perks. Where we can have 2 Tier 1 Perks & 4 Tier 2 Perks. Or come up with something better because for 7 years now, 2/4 perk slots have been taken up by Jugg & Q.R.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Your Dearest Sailor said:

Shadows Of Evil isn't a bad map at all because I think it's one of the best zombies maps (in my opinion) and is better than ZNS which should be the map being considered as the worst in BO3 so far. SOE isn't the best map in the game obviously but it takes second place easily. The map was made in such a great way that when I first played it I was in awe because of how special it felt. The map didn't feel average like a lot of the other maps so to me any hate for it seems crazy. Tha map has a great setting, characters, atmosphere and there's so much to do.

Are you inside my brain?

Well said and I do agree.

4 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

My biggest problem with S.o.E. is having to play the map the exact same, every single game.

This also happens to be my biggest Pet Peeve for any Map within the Treyarch Zombie saga.

Even though I've enjoyed Der Eisendrache & Shadows, I feel both maps have you playing the same way every game. I also feel this is in large part because of GobbleGums.

Starting all the way back on Black Ops & Ascension, Treyarch have had an Easter Egg/Side Quest that allowed us (the Player) to obtain more than 4 Perks.

With the release of Black Ops III however, this is no longer the case. I feel this is in large part due to "Perkaholic" & 1 or 2 other GobbleGums.

Its a real let down for the Solo community, such as myself. As 2/4 perks are already spoken for, Jugg & Q.R. Usually the other 2 are taken up by "Stamin-Up" & "Double Tap 2.0". 

Treyarch  really needs to introduce Tier 2 Perks. Where we can have 2 Tier 1 Perks & 4 Tier 2 Perks. Or come up with something better because for 7 years now, 2/4 perk slots have been taken up by Jugg & Q.R.

I think only thing that should be changed is that quick revive has it's own perk slot in solo game. Juggernog is also something you must get but I don't think it's a bad thing that it takes up a perk slot. IT makes the game harder and gets you thinking which perks to buy instead of having everything you want. And as you said with gobblegums you can get more if you want so I don't know what's the big problem here?

10 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

I think only thing that should be changed is that quick revive has it's own perk slot in solo game. Juggernog is also something you must get but I don't think it's a bad thing that it takes up a perk slot. IT makes the game harder and gets you thinking which perks to buy instead of having everything you want. And as you said with gobblegums you can get more if you want so I don't know what's the big problem here?

I agree about Q.R. on solo you should automatically revive 3x without needing to buy it. There should be a Symbol or # somewhere on screen showing lives remaining.

As far as the GobbleGums are concerned, the problem is with people such as myself, who dont have Internet access available where they live. Therefore were forced to play on local & only get to use the Classic GobbleGums.  

By Treyarch  removing the Side Quest/Easter Egg to obtain the Perk Bottles, we are forced to run pretty much the same game every time.

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I agree about Q.R. on solo you should automatically revive 3x without needing to buy it. There should be a Symbol or # somewhere on screen showing lives remaining.

As far as the GobbleGums are concerned, the problem is with people such as myself, who dont have Internet access available where they live. Therefore were forced to play on local & only get to use the Classic GobbleGums.  

By Treyarch  removing the Side Quest/Easter Egg to obtain the Perk Bottles, we are forced to run pretty much the same game every time.

Good point on the gobblegums. I didn't even know local/offline players couldn't get to use mega-gobblegums. And I completely agree that completing Easter Eggs should give you all the perks as a reward. Then you'd have a reason to do it again after you done it once :P

On QR, I would opine that you should be able to buy it indefinitely. You would still need to get to it each time,  which isn't always easy. 

--------

I've often called SoE Tranzit2, because it was at least 3 months of disaster before it even functioned fairly well.

But the real Tranzit/SoE connection is the search: there was nothing to Tranzit. It was like 90% of the idea behind the map was lost and we got this failmap with failed WW, which eventually someone figured out how to almost make it worth building...and Trollarch nerfed the fix, rather than actually making the WW decent, which was a shitty thing to do on their part.  

Now,  in SoE, we had the same thing in some ways. 

1. "There will be more easter eggs in soe, than ever!". Total crap. Just go ahead and lie at us. 

2. The Arbgwaoth was available at start, whether it was meant to be or not. So, any functionally rational business would have fixed the arbgwaoth to function properly, but instead,  trollarch removed it, and then every sane player knew it must be upgradeable or that trollarch would fix it properly, that didn't happen AND it took 5+ months for trollarch to even admit that they shit the bed so bad.

So,  it is Tran-zhit upon.

--------

Overall, the replay value value of SoE is much higher than Tranzit, without a doubt. But I've permanently put trollarch on my "no buy" list until the arbgwaoth is properly available in SoE (which won't happen).

Trollarch shows no respect and so gets no respect (or $) in return.

"If you plant ice, you're going to harvest wind" -Grateful Dead.

Enjoy the breeze, trolly. You've earned it. 

@83457

We have yet to find the Ending for the Noire Side Quest.

Once we collect the 4th Gateworm in DLC 3, I'm fairly certain the Arbgwaoth will be obtainable within S.o.E.

I still highly believe the map will change and play totally different as we will no longer need to sacrifice the "Innocent 4" as we will have the Summoning Key fully charged with the O4 Souls. The Keepers should be gone as well.

If not, well sorry Treyarch  you've dropped the ball once again. I could create a better map & Multi-Map Quest.

16 hours ago, 83457 said:

1. "There will be more easter eggs in soe, than ever!". Total crap. Just go ahead and lie at us. 

2. The Arbgwaoth was available at start, whether it was meant to be or not. So, any functionally rational business would have fixed the arbgwaoth to function properly, but instead,  trollarch removed it, and then every sane player knew it must be upgradeable or that trollarch would fix it properly, that didn't happen AND it took 5+ months for trollarch to even admit that they shit the bed so bad.

1. I'm quite sure they didn't lie.

2. The what?! 
Ohhh the wonder weapon in it's upgraded form, like the normal one isn't over powered.... 

The reason this map sucks so much is two-fold.

•  Treyarch forcing the players to do tasks (Rituals, Swords, etc) in the early rounds to access a essential gameplay element (PAP) which completely destroys any sense of flow in the early rounds.
  • Treyarch designing these tasks to be as much time comsuming and mind numbingly dull as possible. Not to mention you have to do them every, single, game.

First you have to enter beast mode to get the ritual items, then you have to wait until you can become beast again just to open your way to the ritual rooms, then perform the ritual. Rinse repeat 4 times. 
It's fun the first time around when you're discovering the map and how everything works but after the 5th time doing this shit you just wish there was a skip option in the menu or in-game. 

Like others have said, the way this map plays out is always exactly the same because you're forced into wasting hours doing the rituals, getting the swords, upgrading everything that by the end of it after gaining godmode you'll play for a bit until you're way too bored and just mercy end the game.

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't understand the expectance of not having to do the rituals every game. Seriously, when have we ever had something in a Zombies map that once you do it in one playthrough, that's it, you never have to do it again? Never

I see all that stuff as something to do, the low rounds are honestly the most fun parts of a game for me. Just training in high rounds gets old fast nowadays for me, even with it getting shaken up by a mid round boss. This is why I love SoE so much, there's stuff I can go and do late into games like upgrade Lil' Arnie or get the Cold Hard Cash song, just little things like that to keep me occupied on high rounds

@83457, how did they lie? The upgrade was done through an exploit which was fixed, and then they told us that the weapon has to be upgraded outside of SoE, so at what point did they blatantly lie? They promised you nothing, but you're acting as if they did

9 hours ago, Greer said:

I honestly don't understand the expectance of not having to do the rituals every game. Seriously, when have we ever had something in a Zombies map that once you do it in one playthrough, that's it, you never have to do it again? Never

Navcards. And killing George, hahaha.

Low rounds are the best rounds for me as well btw. 

This map has more fun stuff to do than Tranzit, maybe.

I think I'm gonna play Tranzit this weekend. 

Archived