ZNS Radios, Quotes, Ciphers, Scraps, etc.

Tac

• Administrators

Three radios have been added, so here are all five (in no particular order):

Dr. Maxis: Reality itself is shifting… I find myself reflecting on memories I am no longer sure are my own. Beyond the window, I saw a wasteland stretching as far as the eye could see. I saw a scourge visited upon the Earth. I saw the children… withered before my eyes. That was before… before he came. Samantha has been returned to me once more, as have you Edward… as have you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dr. Maxis: He explained everything to me, he will explain everything to you. Though his very presence defied logic, defied reason, he told me that he would help. I could not refuse.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dr. Maxis: The siren has not sounded in many months. I am... confused, by the changing world around. I look at my hands, and they are not the hands I remember. The wrinkles, stains, and liver spots that textured my skin have disappeared, as though time itself was unraveling against its natural order. Is this the end, or a new beginning?

Dr Maxis: After so long in isolation, we have begun to believe that we were the only survivors of the catastrophic event that had shaped our lives. Supplies were beginning to run low, and I was forced to prepare for the worst outcome. Just as I feared we were truly alone, just as I feared that the end was near, there was a knock at the door.

Dr. Maxis: You swore a promise to me, Edward. It may have been a long time ago, but I am sure you would not have forgotten. You swore to follow my instructions, to comply with my every order. You swore to enact whatever plan I conveyed to you, all in the hope that we could overcome some of the chaos that we ourselves have created. You have kept your word. However much it pains my heart, I owe it to you ton confess. I'm sorry Edward, I have withheld certain truths from you

• Like 3

@certainpersonio and I, along with help from 96nKsk and @MrRoflWaffles, have just completed the Crossword as well as the Spawn Room Cipher. We expanded upon a twitter post that had many of the solutions already, which can be found here: https://twitter.com/96nKsk So huge thanks to him! This would not have been possible without this start!

There were some discrepancies with some of the solutions, so we had to update them a little, but for the most part they had many correct solutions! The final solutions are all compiled here: http://bit.do/bWtnd

Finally, we used the solutions from the crossword to input into the Spawn Room Cipher. I initially split up the cipher into A's and D's and was thinking two different polybius squares or something were being used to get the answer. Showed this to @certainpersonio and he apparently had just seen a crossword puzzle and speculated that A was across and D was down and ended up being 100% correct! 

Spawn Room Cipher - CipherText:

[Refer to Image]

Spawn Room Cipher - Deciphered [With Stops Included]:

Urgent Telegram [STOP] We Have Just Received Word That The Private Plane Carrying The Expedition Crew Encountered Freak Atmospheric Event Which Caused It To Crash Killing All On Board Including The Famous Explorers Brock And Gary [STOP] This Comes Weeks After Their Announcement About Finding The Location Of Shangri-La

spawn cipher.jpg

Edited by WaterKH
  • Like 6

Wow! Y'all keeping Tac busy updating the OP

The Expedition Crew?

At first I thought it was the Nacht Marines, then I thought it might be the Verruckt Marines? Then I thought it might be the O4 test subjects & that's how they ended up at Shi No Numa?

But Brock & Gary?

I'm loving all this backstory tie-ins. But like any Treyarch map, we are left with more questions than answers!

Awesome work y'all! 

(You get Brains & you get Brains & you & you & you)

MaxisBrain_zps3cfbed44.png

• Like 3
1 minute ago, PINNAZ said:

Wow! Y'all keeping Tac busy updating the OP

The Expedition Crew?

At first I thought it was the Nacht Marines, then I thought it might be the Verruckt Marines? Then I thought it might be the O4 test subjects & that's how they ended up at Shi No Numa?

But Brock & Gary?

I'm loving all this backstory tie-ins. But like any Treyarch map, we are left with more questions than answers!

Awesome work y'all! 

(You get Brains & you get Brains & you & you & you)

MaxisBrain_zps3cfbed44.png

Agreed! I need to sit down sometime soon and work out what all these ciphers mean! Everything was solved roughly at the same time.

Also, I believe I mentioned you in one of my videos, but I'm not exactly sure how to pronounce your name... Any hints? (:

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, WaterKH said:

Agreed! I need to sit down sometime soon and work out what all these ciphers mean! Everything was solved roughly at the same time.

That's the point I'm at right now actually haha, you're absolutely correct. So much stuff, I love it though. It all actually clears up nicely (from all I've seen), so that's always good.

@certainpersonio @WaterKH @MrRoflWaffles Well done gents! I was actually still in the process of working on the crossword translations. Just a few less resources, and less time than I had hoped for. But at least I was on the right path!

I am blown away by the amount of backstory they've gone into with this map. Just so much to delve into!

Also, have all the scraps yet been recovered? If not, I'll have a chance to check out the map on a friends PS4 here soon and will be on the hunt!

Awesome work everyone! :D

I have a few questions, first where is the underwarter cipher in the power room? It looks liked it's at the back of the underwater part but I don't see it in theater mode after I switched on the main power. There's something else we have to do?

Second question is about the spawn cipher. I don't understand that part, can you help me?

"... After Owner Announcement Fight Finding The Location Of Shangri-La"

• Like 1

@Kalinine Oh you're totally right! Swap out "Fight" for "About". 

Clue- When the boxing match put an "a"? = A-bout 

EDIT: Final message then is-

Urgent Telegram [STOP] We Have Just Received Word That The Private Plane Carrying The Expedition Crew Encountered Freak Atmospheric Event Which Caused It To Crash Killing All On Board Including The Famous Explorers Brock And Gary [STOP] This Comes Weeks After Owner Announcement Fight About The Location Of Shangri-La

• Like 2

Great to see Brock & Gary getting a mention.

They got bermuda'd to Shangri-La. (lol how often in life do you get to say that! Love Zombies)

Trying to take all this in & apply it retrospectively is daunting.

Also just a heads up, Jason told Milo that ALL maps are canon & can't be ignored.

I'm loving these answers.

Regards Alpha.

• Like 1
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, certainpersonio said:

@Kalinine Oh you're totally right! Swap out "Fight" for "About". 

Clue- When the boxing match put an "a"? = A-bout 

EDIT: Final message then is-

Urgent Telegram [STOP] We Have Just Received Word That The Private Plane Carrying The Expedition Crew Encountered Freak Atmospheric Event Which Caused It To Crash Killing All On Board Including The Famous Explorers Brock And Gary [STOP] This Comes Weeks After Owner Announcement Fight About The Location Of Shangri-La

This still sounds off to me, or at least the last sentence does. Could it actually be "Owner Announces Flight" or something?

Thanks @certainpersonio :D

But I still don't get it the last sentence.

Maybe the plain text is :

"Urgent telegram. We have just received word that the private plane carrying the expedition crew encountered freak atmospheric event which caused it to crash killing all on board including the famous explorers Brock and Gary. This comes weeks after their announcement about finding the location of Shangri-La"

It makes more sense to me, but who knows?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kalinine said:

Thanks @certainpersonio :D

But I still don't get it the last sentence.

Maybe the plain text is :

"Urgent telegram. We have just received word that the private plane carrying the expedition crew encountered freak atmospheric event which caused it to crash killing all on board including the famous explorers Brock and Gary. This comes weeks after their announcement about finding the location of Shangri-La"

It makes more sense to me, but who knows?

Okay, I think you are right about "their" before announcement! After that "fight" should be swapped for "about" - the plaintext now reads:

"Urgent telegram. We have just received word that the private plane carrying the expedition crew encountered freak atmospheric event which caused it to crash killing all on board including the famous explorers Brock and Gary. This comes weeks after their announcement about the location of Shangri-La"

1 hour ago, WaterKH said:

Okay, I think you are right about "their" before announcement! After that "fight" should be swapped for "about" - the plaintext now reads:

"Urgent telegram. We have just received word that the private plane carrying the expedition crew encountered freak atmospheric event which caused it to crash killing all on board including the famous explorers Brock and Gary. This comes weeks after their announcement about the location of Shangri-La"

Don't you mean: "encountered a freak atmospheric event"?

48 minutes ago, Schrödinger said:

Omg....ascension, mother is clear.....

Maybe 25,5 and 15,5 is the transposition cipher code...

So more cipher left?

Edit: Shinonuma reversed alphabet and reversed key... dont fit the cryptogramcipher...just checked

Edited by Nieno69
  • Like 1

@Nieno69 We are the exact same wavelength. These seem to be the keys for some of the ciphers on the map. 

1. 5, 25 - ?
  2. 15, 5 - ?
  3. Mother - Resnov Cipher
  4. shinonuma, AMUNOISHZYXWVTRQPLKJGFEDCB - ?
  5. 15, AUROBELISCDFGHJKLMNPQSTUVWXYZ- Cryptogram Cipher
    • Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 3.42.23 PM.png

6. ASCENSION - Gersh Cipher

Known but unmatched ciphers:

1. Crossword Cipher
  2. Base64 Cipher in lab A
  3. T9 cipher
  4. Transposition (Power) Cipher
    1. I don't think it's on the list bc the columns went in order. They started in the middle, but then they followed in increasing numerical order until it looped back to the first column.  I'm going to keep looking into this though.
  5. Binary DNA cipher
  6. Chalkboard cipher- no substitution/trickery occurred between numbers and their letters.
  • Like 1

Can someone tell which ciphers are unsolved (pictures of them would be greatly appreciated) because the OP hasn't been updated yet? Thanks.  

And regarding that paper found in the Spider's den, which of those are solved if they are tips for other ciphers?

2 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Don't you mean: "encountered a freak atmospheric event"?

I thought there should have been an article between them as well, but the word at 11D = Encountered and the next word is 9A = Freak - I agree though, it does sound off.

16 hours ago, WaterKH said:

I thought there should have been an article between them as well, but the word at 11D = Encountered and the next word is 9A = Freak - I agree though, it does sound off.

It might be that they had to cut off the word themselves, on accident or on purpose or something.