Boat from COTD?

The boat from the intro to Zetsubou No Shima, could ALSO be the boat from Call of the Dead. 

Look: (pause quickly)

I can't find any pictures of it with good enough detail of the COTD boat, but, HOW COOL of an easter egg would it be if they were the same boat!  They're at least similar in design, although I can't be sure if their structure is similar enough.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

images-17.jpeg

No. This is absolutely not a thing. The only similarities are that they are made of metal and they float. The vessel from Call of the Dead wasn't even a boat. It was a ship. Could you please stop posting ridiculous threads like this. 

I actually take great offense to this.  I don't post anything unless I think it's relevant. Likewise I think the boat with mulekick on it looks somewhat similar to this boat. There's more then that similarity as well, the boats/ships are similar in size and shape I believe. There is NO need to be this rude.  

I only say this because I can tell there is clearly not enough evidence for this to become a 'thing'. Some people don't seem to consider that there can be more of one thing in this universe. A Japanese boat that clearly sunk offshore this island could never become a wreck on the icy shores of the Siberian outpost we visit in Call of the Dead. It's a lot like the theory that many have mentioned about the orb on Moon being the Summoning Key.

I apologise for coming off as rude, however if I see something ridiculous I will try to fix it. All I ask is that a little more thought goes toward posting a theory. Keep in mind that that doesn't just adhere to yourself. The entire zombies community, myself included, should always endeavor to put at much thought to a thread or theory before we post it. 

14 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

I only say this because I can tell there is clearly not enough evidence for this to become a 'thing'. Some people don't seem to consider that there can be more of one thing in this universe. A Japanese boat that clearly sunk offshore this island could never become a wreck on the icy shores of the Siberian outpost we visit in Call of the Dead. It's a lot like the theory that many have mentioned about the orb on Moon being the Summoning Key.

I apologise for coming off as rude, however if I see something ridiculous I will try to fix it. All I ask is that a little more thought goes toward posting a theory. Keep in mind that that doesn't just adhere to yourself. The entire zombies community, myself included, should always endeavor to put at much thought to a thread or theory before we post it. 

Put yourself in my shoes.

Things I know: 

-This isn't the original universe, this is a different one. In the ORIGINAL universe, this boat should not have sunk because the origins crew were never there to cause a ruckus. Without them there's no telling WHERE this boat would end up in 2011 (over 30 years from this point) 

-I know Div. 9's base is slowly being filled with scientists from 935, we know this from takeo's letters in Der Eisendrache. 

-I happen to be one of those people who think the summoning key is a version of the Moon artifact. 

For all we know that same boat could be ferrying cargo between here and the Siberian outpost, which would make sense considering it would have to float right by japan to get there. 

Now notice that you SWEAR you've seen that boat before, and as a matter of fact, you HAVE! It almost looks like the boat from COTD. Is there a connection there? I can't find any proper pictures of the COTD boat. How would I know? Would I shut up and wait for someone else with access to COTD to figure out the connection I might be seeing? Or do I post a thread infering not STATING that they might be the same boat. 

Likewise, I think that before you shoot down someone's post, maybe you should put some thought into why it shouldn't be up. This post, nein, this FORUM is here for DISCUSSION, not perfect proof of everything. 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Would I shut up and wait for someone else with access to COTD to figure out the connection I might be seeing?

This, truthfully, is exactly what you do. You wait and determine for yourself whether it could be or could not be.

The Call of the Dead ship is a cargo freighter, it is significantly larger than the boat in the ZNS cutscene and they look nothing alike.

280?cb=20110725105339

Call of the dead ^

The ZNS ship has no containers, and only one (significantly smaller and different looking) crane, and is of a much smaller stature in comparison to the Call of the Dead freighter.
rOG8v4c.png

Here's the overhead shot to give a sense of the scale:

WuFyR1p.png

As you can see this ship is much smaller, and it's layout shows it is not a cargo ship.  The deck is even made of wood.  Also, the CotD ship had an opening/cargo bay in the middle of it's deck, whereas the shot of this boat is just in front of the ship's bridge and there is no such opening. 

I think it is very safe to say that these are not the same ship.

Further to the point @Doppelgänger made. This post falls into what I like to call the "Skywalker Effect". Where a new significant character MUST be a Skywalker. Despite the fact that in all of the known universe, with an infinite possibility of races and people, for every significant character to be related is absurd. This also diminishes the quality of the narrative, as it is incredibly lazy. In our case, it seems with every new map, there are those in this community that feel every little thing needs to be over analyzed or connected in some fashion, to the point where it will ruin the narrative. Sometimes I ship can be just that...a ship. I literally didn't need to see pictures of the COTD ship to know this was an unrelated vessel. And I agree with everyone here in that you manage to make topics with clickbait titles....in a forum. A two second google image search would've made this topic moot. I'm not being rude, just honest. And please know that you have made excellent posts before that contribute to a discussion. But not everything is a Skywalker. 

7 hours ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

Further to the point @Doppelgänger made. This post falls into what I like to call the "Skywalker Effect". Where a new significant character MUST be a Skywalker. Despite the fact that in all of the known universe, with an infinite possibility of races and people, for every significant character to be related is absurd. This also diminishes the quality of the narrative, as it is incredibly lazy. In our case, it seems with every new map, there are those in this community that feel every little thing needs to be over analyzed or connected in some fashion, to the point where it will ruin the narrative. Sometimes I ship can be just that...a ship. I literally didn't need to see pictures of the COTD ship to know this was an unrelated vessel. And I agree with everyone here in that you manage to make topics with clickbait titles....in a forum. A two second google image search would've made this topic moot. I'm not being rude, just honest. And please know that you have made excellent posts before that contribute to a discussion. But not everything is a Skywalker. 

Wow. Just. 

Wow.  

I am GREATLY offended by this. 

The boat isn't the one from COTD. OK. I get that point. I spent an hour trying to find a picture of the boat from COTD and the ones I did find TO ME looked like they were at least similar enough to QUESTION. 

Now on to why I'm Fucking Furious at this point:

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A CLICKBAIT TITLE IS?  A clickbait title is a title like : "YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I FOUND!" or  "EASTER EGG FOUND?" when the actual topic depicts nothing of the sorts. 

The title here very CLEARLY states "Boat from COTD?" Implying I want to discuss the POSSIBILITY that the BOAT is from COTD. 

IN FACT here's a DETAILED list of Threads I've created in the past few weeks and I want you to pick out WHICH ONES YOU THINK ARE FUCKING CLICK BAIT!

- Origins Card: DISCUSSES THE TWEETED BIO OF THE ORIGINS MAP. (Which looks like a card)

-Opinions of Zombies MP maps: Discusses the idea of Zombies maps being used as MP maps for later DLC. 

-Wager Matches LD: Discusses the idea of bringing Turned and Grief back as a way to implement a gambeling system for Liquid Divinium (LD)

-Blood Vials Empty?: Discusses the trailer, which showed that the blood vials on Richtofen were clear/empty. WHICH THEY WERE. 

-Trailer Breakdown: Sadly, I was 4 minutes late on this one. But it's what the title says. 

-Theory on Lack of Map Footage: A theory (obviously) 

-What wonder weapon(s) will we see?: A legitamate question to ask the community about ZNS. 

-The Doctor's Punch (off topic): A set of Calculations I did on a certain DR. WHO episode. 

-BO3 Custom Map Idea: DANGANRONPA (Custom Mapping section): A custom map Idea I had I wanted to hear feedback on. 

Did I miss anything? 

Did any of this seem like clickbait?

Now to this: 

10 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I think maybe they also caught the moon rockets from Big Bang Theory before impact and shipped them to Der Eisendrache on that boat after it sank and then teleported it to Buried and that's how it got to Call of the Dead.

This kind of behavior is offensive to the topic, and me. I ask a LEGITIMATE question. And I get this Bullshit! I expect this kind of remark from you Nabs, but: 

15 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

images-17.jpeg

No. This is absolutely not a thing. The only similarities are that they are made of metal and they float. The vessel from Call of the Dead wasn't even a boat. It was a ship. Could you please stop posting ridiculous threads like this. 

when this comes up as well? As if I spend my time spamming post after post of "Ridiculous threads". 

It's not honest to say I click bait. 

It's not even justified! 

IT'S JUST FLAT OUT RUDE AND OFFENSIVE TO ME! 

And don't act like this is the first occurrence of these accusations. Hell's Warrior and I had a bit of a chat about multiple accounts of people reporting me for "Spam Posts". Despite the fact both of us agreed it isn't spam if you're furthering the topic and discussion. I don't spam post. I post often. But never without legitimate purpose. If that angers you, please send me a message to tell me. I'll be glad to never post on your topics.

Now. Can I get a Mod to lock this thread? It's clear the discussion is over and nothing else GOOD will come out of this. 

• Administrators

@Stop Mocking Me0 @tEfugleskremmel Was more respectful to you than he needed to be. You completely overlooked that. And as has been pointed out, it would have taken NO time at all to find CotD footage on YT or Google Images, not to mention you could have at least gotten screenshots. The lack of effort you put into posts like this is far below the caliber CoDZ is known for.  You try to race other folks (yes, you have openly admitted this) to posting topics on new developments, and as a result, they are rushed, poorly constructed, containing limited explanation, no images for reference and overall, messy. If you want an example of how to build a thread, I suggest you ask Tac, Dopplegänger, or really most other site vets for advice on how to make a quality one. 

This is a community. I suggest you learn to respect the rest of the members in your actions and attitude (including quitting post-pumping), otherwise, your reputation will continue down the path it's on. 

Just some advice from one of your tired fellow members. 

38 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

@Stop Mocking Me0 @tEfugleskremmel Was more respectful to you than he needed to be. You completely overlooked that. And as has been pointed out, it would have taken NO time at all to find CotD footage on YT or Google Images, not to mention you could have at least gotten screenshots. The lack of effort you put into posts like this is far below the caliber CoDZ is known for.  You try to race other folks (yes, you have openly admitted this) to posting topics on new developments, and as a result, they are rushed, poorly constructed, containing limited explanation, no images for reference and overall, messy. If you want an example of how to build a thread, I suggest you ask Tac, Dopplegänger, or really most other site vets for advise on how to make a quality one. 

This is a community. I suggest you learn to respect the rest of the members in your actions and attitude (including quitting post-pumping), otherwise, your reputation will continue down the path it's on. 

Just some advice from one of your tired fellow members. 

You respond to me being offended. 
By saying that what's offending me. 

IS justified. 

Because I suck.

Wow.

My posts are rushed.... Poorly executed.. Messy... I'm not trying to be the best... I'm trying to get people talking, because up til someone else mentions it... There is nothing... 

You state it right there. "THIS IS A COMMUNITY, I SUGGEST YOU LEARN TO RESPECT THE REST OF THE MEMBERS IN YOUR ACTIONS AND ATTITUDE. " So am I just not part of this community? 

I'm done NaBrHunter.... I'm just done.... 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

You respond to me being offended. 
By saying that what's offending me. 

IS justified. 

Because I suck.

Wow.

My posts are rushed.... Poorly executed.. Messy... I'm not trying to be the best... I'm trying to get people talking, because up til someone else mentions it... There is nothing... 

You state it right there. "THIS IS A COMMUNITY, I SUGGEST YOU LEARN TO RESPECT THE REST OF THE MEMBERS IN YOUR ACTIONS AND ATTITUDE. " So am I just not part of this community? 

I'm done NaBrHunter.... I'm just done.... 

I never said you suck, as it is not a practice of mine to resort to crass and mindless insults. I did, however, say what you quoted, that the effort you put into them is lacking. Yes, you are a part of this community. And I realize the sarcasm of my first comment was brash, and not respectful, for that, I apologize. However, the details I listed remain true, and stating fact may be hard to take, but is not disrespectful, in fact, is known as 'constructive criticism.' You need not race folks out here. Take your time, do heavy research and provide quotes, images and various other evidence to support your ideas and my accusations will be invalidated. That's all I'm saying and I will say nothing more.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, DilRobskii said:

I personally think anything is possible, the way treyarch twists and turns and flips stuff you never really know these days. Just my opinion

Not this dramatically, I'm afraid. This suggests that a small Japanese cruiser that burned and sank in the Pacific Ocean was the same vessel as the massive German freighter which wrecked on but did not sink beneath the ice on the Arctic coast of Russia. 

• Administrators

Alright, alright friendos - I think the point has been made clear.

The boat from the ZNS intro cinematic was thought to have some similarity with CotD's freighter, and could've had some connection.

Based on physical and theoretical evidence, however, they only share some characteristics of a regular floating vessel but no connection is made.

One thing that should be mentioned though, since it seems like a recurring thing: when someone posts a topic, their ideas are always welcome for discussion. If you individually believe that the thread is lacking in support and doesn't meet some particular qualitative standard, there are two things that you can do:

• Ask the OP for better evidence to support their claim
  • Let the thread die out

I see both sides of the coin here, believe me - I do. And sometimes the reality of the matter can be brutally honest. I'm glad everyone takes pride in seeing more fruitful content. But think of it this way: how can something so basic as a question become an engaging discussion that may lead to discovery if the ideas are quickly shut down?

This thread will now be locked since the question has been answered, and I highly doubt more discussion could be made on this topic. If you have questions regarding anything that's been mentioned by me or others in this thread, feel free to come to Papa Festo. :smiley: