Ante-Up Improvement Idea

I play MP a lot more than Zombies and one thing really bugs me, mostly because I can't stay alive long enough to get higher up Scorestreaks (although I got a Mothership today, so maybe I just had a good day). I really want to be able to have Scorestreaks carry over between deaths. So I had an idea for a Ante-Up, that they could have, which makes it more viable to use. Imagine if it had the ability to carry over your Scorestreaks progress, through deaths. So if I use Class 1 with Ante-Up and die, assuming I am still using Class 1, I would save my progress and it could continue when I have respawned. But then the problem lies with switching classes. So if I switched to Class 2 (which does not have Ante-Up), from Class 1, after death, the Scorestreak progress would still be there and have continued into that next life. But if you die in Class 2, your Scorestreak progress does not continue, regardless of whether you switch to a Class with Ante-Up after.

I don't think they would ever do something like this, but I would seriously love Treyarch forever if they did this. This single thing would make me forgive them for the Supply Drop travesty. It would also redeem a Perk that only has a really small use to be honest. I don't always think that 100 points that is taken off is even worth me having the Perk.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be pretty cool when you first think about it. But the problem here is that then everyone would be able to get those good scorestreaks almost every game and it wouldn't even feel awesome to get one... maybe a better boost for ante-up would be like it would give 25% more score? normal kill would be 125 points etc... It would still mean that you have to be a decent player to get to those high scorestreaks but it would make the progress a bit easier.

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Maybe it's an accumulative thing. 

Like perhaps ante-up makes it so instead of killing your scorestreak when you die, you just lose 200 points or so. This makes it so not everyone is getting RAPPS each game, but people can use the perk to keep earning at a better pace if they slip up a bit. 

That's actually pretty good too. I'm not the best multiplayer player, but I manage to get at least care package in almost every game but with this I could maybe get something better too :D The question is if you earned care package and fail, you lose 200 points but would you then get the package again once you regain those points?

5 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

That's actually pretty good too. I'm not the best multiplayer player, but I manage to get at least care package in almost every game but with this I could maybe get something better too :D The question is if you earned care package and fail, you lose 200 points but would you then get the package again once you regain those points?

I wouldn't think so, you could just infinitely collect scorestreaks like that.

My main problem with this perk is that, because we have Seraph's Combat Focus, it becomes nearly useless. The boost it gives is good, but is real underpar when out up against other perks. Does anyone else think it might be a good idea for Treyarch to either completely rework the perk or remove it and add something like Toughness into the game?

12 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

My main problem with this perk is that, because we have Seraph's Combat Focus, it becomes nearly useless. The boost it gives is good, but is real underpar when out up against other perks. Does anyone else think it might be a good idea for Treyarch to either completely rework the perk or remove it and add something like Toughness into the game?

Well... multiplayer has 18 different perks so it's quite right clear that some of the perks are going to be less useful than the others. I agree that Ante-up could be buffed a bit more. If you think about zombies and gobblegums, some of the gobblegums are useless and really don't stand up against the others. Gladly it's everyones own choice whether or not to use those.