So what is the pyramid in the Undercroft?

I'm curious to hear thoughts on what the small pyramid is in the Undercroft? It seems like a mini-MPD but not. But it does seem to have a connection with the MPD though. Right when the Keeper turns solid, this pyramid sinks into the ground, where the Keeper than takes it's place, teleports to Griffin Station, and brings back the MPD itself. Not to mention, the pyramid "charges" up essentially, turning the room into a low gravity area, which I imagine is because the MPD is located on the moon.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

It appears it's the tomb of the king who once fought margwas with his wolves in the castle long before this castle was occupied by 935 scientists. Or at least thats what quotes state.

If you mean the pyramid is the Wolf King's, that is incorrect. In fact, the Wolf King has no proper burial place. Instead his remains were somehow strewn about the map and during the quest to receive the wolf bow, the apparition of the king's hound digs up his bones so that we can finally place the king's body in a proper tomb.

call%2Bof%2Bduty%2Bwolf%2Bbow%2Bupgrade%

3 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Never the less, it is a tomb according to quotes. 

Which quote? The whole place is a tomb, that pyramid is too small to be one and is made of bricks.

I believe that pyramid is of Keeper design and it has a direct link to the Moon. If the Keepers wished to transport the MPD Device from the Moon and to the Undercroft, they could easily do so by switching to pyramidal structures. It also has no gravity there, so that could also be linked to the Moon in some way.

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

The Undercroft has the same circle-like decorations/hieroglyphics as there are in the Origins caves. I think the room is built by the Keepers, or by someone who know of their existence (like the crusaders in Origins).

There are statues of Keepers and ancient bows that the Keepers owned (named Wrath of the Ancients) made out of Apothicon Bone. Was that not a big enough hint that this was a Keeper construct?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

There are statues of Keepers and ancient bows that the Keepers owned (named Wrath of the Ancients) made out of Apothicon Bone. Was that not a big enough hint that this was a Keeper construct?

The problem is that I dont have BO3, and I only play DE at friends. I never investigated the map enough to discover the statues. What I did discover were these iron circles around the pyramid, and later also on the wall. They look a bit like a solar system and I remembered them when I played Origins at home. When I was in a cave I saw the circles there and I thought of the DE ones

5 minutes ago, anonymous said:

The problem is that I dont have BO3, and I only play DE at friends. I never investigated the map enough to discover the statues. What I did discover were these iron circles around the pyramid, and later also on the wall. They look a bit like a solar system and I remembered them when I played Origins at home. When I was in a cave I saw the circles there and I thought of the DE ones

Oh, well yeah if you look above each Bow, the pillars that go up aren't actually pillars and are Keeper statues. There is a load of Keeper stuff there and its basically screaming Keeper at the players, the more you find stuff.

3 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Which quote? The whole place is a tomb, that pyramid is too small to be one and is made of bricks.

I believe that pyramid is of Keeper design and it has a direct link to the Moon. If the Keepers wished to transport the MPD Device from the Moon and to the Undercroft, they could easily do so by switching to pyramidal structures. It also has no gravity there, so that could also be linked to the Moon in some way.

"A tomb built for kings... they would be disgusted if they knew what Group 935 had done with it."

— Said after entering the Undercroft for the first time. Source - http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Der_Eisendrache/Quotes