Zetsubou No Shima Trailer Has Been Dropped - Analysis Included

Hey guys. The long-awaited, long-overdue trailer for the new zombies map, Zetsubou No Shima has been released. Here is a link:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RhXwNz5.png

Following the events of Der Eisendrache, the Origins heroes find themselves stranded on a remote Pacific island, home to a secret biological research lab experimenting with Element 115. Players will face new terrifying enemies, devastating traps, and classic Zombies side quests to enhance the Origins narrative.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transcript from Takeo:

"There are those who seek power over nature itself. Beneath the shadow of an evil, a new enemy has arisen. Here on this island, they had no idea of what they would unleash. Make your peace hellspawn. I am coming for you."

So first up, the map looks great. The jungle is incredibly dark and dense, making this a candidate for another incredibly creepy map. First up is what appears to be a map of the Division 9 site as well as the logo for Division 9. 

fEPE7M0.png

G1C9WXd.png

Probably the biggest part in this video are the spiders and the huge mutated zombie we see in the latter parts of the trailer. The spiders seem to be a Hellhound round or Space Monkey round, as in they get their own round and drop a Max Ammo at the completion of said round. However, like Hellhounds, they may appear later on as the game progresses. Also, they seem to have a home seen in a huge cobweb and cocoon filled cave, so perhaps they will also spawn there if we linger too long.

O5O0ntC.png

XAdbNoa.png

We also see a mutated zombie plant boss of sorts. This could be like the Panzer or Margwa in that, it spwans in every few rounds. Also it seems to be like the Margwa, where there are certain critical-hit points on it's body. 

P0k38wz.png

With the dense foliage we see strange plants that seem to act as some sort of trap. Perhaps these will act like a double-edged sword and will injure us, similar to the bamboo spikes found in Shangri La. Also in the trap department is what is clearly that of what looks to be a B-17's engines and a huge fan that sucks the zombies in.

thMT9hr.png

As for the weapons, it looks like we have DLC weapons present in the map. These include the MX Garand, HG-40 and the Marshal-12 Dual Wield however I wouldn't keep up hope as some of these may change at a later date. How these can be accessed in currently unknown.

0yhHWGc.png

Vt91fme.png

his3Yu4.png

We also have two escape routes that will carry you across to different parts of the island. The first seems to act like the ice slide from Call of the Dead and Shangri La's waterslide and transport players a short distance away. The second however, looks like it might require points to access as it is extremely long and clearly transports the player/s across the entire facility. Also Dempsey, the character sliding down the chute, seems to have previously been in a room before falling through the tunnel. This could be like countless methods of using the Pack a Punch that we have seen in the past. For example, maps like Kino Der Toten and Shangri La both had Pack a Punch rooms that could be camped in easily, so there were events that would occur to remove the player/s from those spots. These were; being teleported away and being pushed down the stairs by a torrent of water, respectively.

Also note the 115 rock falling with the player.

WtgT3Wl.png

Last but not least is the swimming. This look well done and although it could help out in an escape, it also seems to be incredibly dangerous as the small flooded tunnel can easily be swarmed by zombies.

gYzebCh.png

Other small interesting parts of the trailer include:
- Keeper Symbols on some pillars. This looks like a possible step for either the Easter Egg or a Wonder Weapon [0:15]
CG9m1kt.png

- Multiple Human/Plantlike creatures in tubes. Also a strange object is in the back left of the room. Possible new Perk-a-Cola? [0:17]

H5F8Fam.png

- Imperial Japanese Zombies. Obvious, but worth a mention. [0:21]
- Huge 115 Rock/Asteroid surrounded by Division 9 equipment. [1:10]

0b9g4ks.png

- New Drop. Possibly like the Tram Fuse. Looks almost like a grenade. [1:14]

Puq9edk.png

Overall, the map looks amazing and I can't wait to play it. Let me know your thoughts. I'll be sure to edit this in coming days if more information is released.

Edited by Doppelgänger
Added Takeo's transcript from the trailer.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HG 40, MX Garand, Marshal 16 (Single and Dual Wield, so both will probably be implemented into the game through Weapon Kits), Pufferfish Blue Drop, Giant Divinium Meteor, Plants which may or may not eat Zombies like Dragons and a weird Keeper Pedestal. These are the things I noticed that others haven't really talked about yet.

Just now, Tac said:

Oh my gosh I love it, such a beautiful trailer and map. One thing I want to ask, is what is this? Could it pertain to our drop?

eJk3Vh1.png

Gave it a mention in the breakdown. It does look interesting. Always exciting to see new perks come out. My fingers are crossed in hopes that it is a perk machine.

1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

HG 40, MX Garand, Marshal 16 (Single and Dual Wield, so both will probably be implemented into the game through Weapon Kits), Pufferfish Blue Drop, Giant Divinium Meteor, Plants which may or may not eat Zombies like Dragons and a weird Keeper Pedestal. These are the things I noticed that others haven't really talked about yet.

I noticed all of these as well. Those Keeper symbols look very interesting as does the huge meteor.

Just now, Tac said:

@Doppelgänger Oops, missed that sorry. I'm absolutely in love with the new Division 9 logo, being what I believe to be a cross from Lost's Dharma Initiative and a Black Sun variation (thanks @MixMasterNut for pointing out the Black Sun influence).

Anyone have thoughts on that?

Tank: Sawyer

Nikolai: Lepidus 

Takeo: Jin 

Richtofen: Ben Linus

Marelton: Faraday

Misty: Charlotte

Russman: Michael 

Stulinger: Lock

Maxis: Charles witmore.

Samantha: The monster

• Administrators
Just now, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Tank: Sawyer

Nikolai: Lepidus 

Takeo: Jin 

Richtofen: Ben Linus

Marelton: Faraday

Misty: Charlotte

Russman: Michael 

Stulinger: Lock

Maxis: Charles witmore.

Samantha: The monster

Haha I don't agree with all of those, necessarily, but yeah. Lots of Lost in this game that hasn't been explored.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Making a separate post about this. 

Well if you'd like help, I'm here. Give it the time it deserves (which is a lot), because many have tried and failed to adequately explain the connection. Any who, back on topic, THIS TRAILER OMG

So I had a "Light Bulb" moment with this object.

eJk3Vh1.png

What if it was a new perk that evolved as you played. Sort of a Buildable Perk if you will. Now, the idea I had was that you pick up certain fruit-like drops an add them to the machine, causing the Perk to evolve slightly. Now the only new drop we see looks a lot like a Durian, a spiky fruit found around South-East Asia (coincidently around the area this map takes place). As an example, you could add this drop to the machine and would receive a buff of sorts to your perk. Something along the lines of causing slight damage to zombies that hit you.

It is merely food for thought (excuse the pun) and it could only be a mutated trap plant. Who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

So I had a "Light Bulb" moment with this object.

eJk3Vh1.png

What if it was a new perk that evolved as you played. Sort of a Buildable Perk if you will. Now, the idea I had was that you pick up certain fruit-like drops an add them to the machine, causing the Perk to evolve slightly. Now the only new drop we see looks a lot like a Durian, a spiky fruit found around South-East Asia (coincidently around the area this map takes place). As an example, you could add this drop to the machine and would receive a buff of sorts to your perk. Something along the lines of causing slight damage to zombies that hit you.

It is merely food for thought (excuse the pun) and it could only be a mutated trap plant. Who knows. 

Ah I see. I also made the Durian connection (super mario sunshine finally did someone some good!) It'd be interesting to see a perk that became stronger the more Durians you fed it. Then there are other questions: 

-If you drink the perk, then add a Durian, does that perk become stronger for you, or do you keep the original perk. 

-What would the perk effect? Obviously nothing as effective as defense. Perhaps air-time underwater? Collect enough Durians and you can just permanently stay underwater and never come up for air? 

-OR perhaps that this perk will have a random effect that changes when you put a durian in it. Like for instance, when you find it originally, it gives you extra ammo in your bag, but give it a durian and it changes to "removes explosive damage". Put another durian in it, and it becomes a melee buff. And if you get lucky, you can sometimes get more then one buff. 

If there IS a perk like this on the map, it'd make sense why there's no Wonderfizz. After all, the wonderfizz has EVERY perk on the map, but how would it work with a perk that doesn't constantly do the same thing? 

I looked up these "Durians" and they grow on trees.  This looks more like a Pineapple plant of sorts.

Theory:

• Pina-cola (pina colada) - Could be a progressive like perk, requiring a certain amount of growth time before it's use, just like in the SoE harvest pods.  Or not a traditional perk-a-cola at all, but more like SoE, where you have to harvest these around the map for a reason.

Either way, I am digging that photo.  I have yet to see the trailer.  Have to wait till I get out of work before I can bask in the excitement.

26 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

I looked up these "Durians" and they grow on trees.  This looks more like a Pineapple plant of sorts.

Theory:

• Pina-cola (pina colada) - Could be a progressive like perk, requiring a certain amount of growth time before it's use, just like in the SoE harvest pods.  Or not a traditional perk-a-cola at all, but more like SoE, where you have to harvest these around the map for a reason.

Either way, I am digging that photo.  I have yet to see the trailer.  Have to wait till I get out of work before I can bask in the excitement.

If I see a single perk with the word Banana or Colada in it, I am never playing again. Although the progressive perk idea is cool.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

If I see a single perk with the word Banana or Colada in it, I am never playing again. Although the progressive perk idea is cool.

Daquari???  That wasn't girly enough for you?  Funny thing is, I love this Perk.  

7 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

Daquari???  That wasn't girly enough for you?  Funny thing is, I love this Perk.  

Not that it's girly. The whole Banana Colada thing left a bad taste in my mouth about the word.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Not that it's girly. The whole Banana Colada thing left a bad taste in my mouth about the word.

I could hardly agree more. The idea of all the people who would be screaming for accreditation over it is nauseating. 

33 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I could hardly agree more. The idea of all the people who would be screaming for accreditation over it is nauseating. 

The reason I have such disdain for it is because I saw somebody tell another person that this idea would never be implemented into the game. Then somebody basically said "They should at least have a nod to it in a map". At least? I thought that was a bit egotistical of a not very good idea that was being overhyped beyond belief.