The things you need...

In zombies, there are various ways to aid your quest for survival. Quick revives, Juggernog, upgraded guns or even bows... you know the works. I was wondering at which rounds you're looking for the next 'upgrade' in every which way. Of course, it always depends on the map and how many doors you need to open to even get to power and such. 

So, at which round do you hope to have the things you need? 

At which round do you buy Juggernog and when do you expect to have a bow or a pap weapon? In which order do you prioritize your perks? Do you try to get a bow done as fast as possible, or would you rather deal with the Panzer and get the gravity spikes first? 

Okay so this changes a bit from game to game abd depending on if I play solo or co-op. 

But anyways... juggernog I usually try to get as fast as I can. Usually in Der Eisendrachen somewhere in round 6-8. At the same time I'm working to get the bow and start upgrading it and try to get it done before round 12 (Panzer soldat). And I might get Double-tap before PAP. Then gonna go for the DPAP and try to get dead wire and after that rest of the perks. Usually I'm all set before round 20.

I like they way you think. Jugg is simply a must. On rare occasions I get the bowie first and Jugg straight after that. Most of the games I take double tap before pack-a-punching as well. I still tend to use Blast Furnace. It's still pretty good after the patch. 

The hardest part about Der Eisendrache seems to be ridiculously efficient. On Shadows of Evil I seem to be fully geared by round 18 and I have done everything on the map, except for the flags and the shadow man. On the castle map I find myself in round 25 and I'm still looking for stuff and it's a toss-up between having a bow or having four perks and a good gun. 

I haven't really tried, but I noticed you can active the paintings while working on another bow at the same time. I kinda want to do a dead-efficient run on getting all four in one go, but I'm still thinking it over... 

When feeling up for the extra work i will just knife until i can get the HVK as the first gun but not going via the mule kick machine, standard route through sams room.

usually setup is: 1st dragon, shield part, open to power, 2nd shield part, anti grav, 3rd shield part, 2nd/3rd Dragon, HVK, Jug then Double Tap. I have unfortunately become a product of the system and because of BO2 I never buy QR unless doing an EE! I should really pick it up more.

11 minutes ago, Smok3y said:

When feeling up for the extra work i will just knife until i can get the HVK as the first gun but not going via the mule kick machine, standard route through sams room.

I'm easily scared. I take the VMP 9/10 games, hahahah

I get quick revive in one go after jugg. I need it, because I suck. Double tap is next and I always lean towards stamin up. 

Points points points, usually we can get the dragons open by round 3, so the bows are are extremely effective, when crowded,  other than that knife and pistol works great till about round 10.  Before the Panzer shows up, you should have about 3000-4000 in points, from there I decide if I want a perk or a gun, 90% of the time try for the box for a strong weapon,  90% of the time I get something decent that carriers me through the bow upgrading process.  Once my bow is upgraded and I dont have to worry about points too much I perk up.  99% of the time its in this order.

Juggs

Stamina Up

Quick Revive

Speed cola/Double Tap or Wunderfizz (Shock cherry or Widows Wine)

I alternate because most of my guns are upgraded so I have fast mags and the speed cola doesnt really help that much, So double tap is usually more effective if I pull a gun that I have fast mags on already.

This is usually my order,  so I would say, Rd 15, Upgraded bow, Perked up and either PAP that round or the next round,  I should have enough money and ready for the Boss fight.

I've bought speed cola once. Then I found out you can run and reload at the same time... 

I tried getting the bow early, it ended up being round 24 before I got the wolf bow done, the purple one took me till round 31 before I finally made it in a random match. So I've changed my tactics back to the old ways. Just like Origins, I made a staff once and that was about it. I played Origins again a few weeks ago, I didn't have a clue how to do it anymore. 

I want to make the lightning and the fire bows before they escape my memory as well. Just to say I did it. 

8 hours ago, Koslans said:

I've bought speed cola once. Then I found out you can run and reload at the same time... 

I tried getting the bow early, it ended up being round 24 before I got the wolf bow done, the purple one took me till round 31 before I finally made it in a random match. So I've changed my tactics back to the old ways. Just like Origins, I made a staff once and that was about it. I played Origins again a few weeks ago, I didn't have a clue how to do it anymore. 

I want to make the lightning and the fire bows before they escape my memory as well. Just to say I did it. 

Its funny, it takes a while to remember all the steps, I know I have been watching youtube videos since the release of the DLC,

Once you do the full steps, once or twice it gets easier to do.  

RD 15 for the wolf bow?  I would say (no disrespect) that the wolf bow is the easiest to obtain, so you should be able to get it by Rd 6 or 7.  Are you properly setting up for acquiring the bow or are you just playing through the rounds and doing small steps for each bow?  I know when I do the bow steps with friends we maximize EVERYTHING, Usually we have all bows ready to go by RD 15 on the average, The fastes we ever had it done was RD 12. 

Outside of that its been tough as I posted in another thread, I am the only person on my friends list that has not completed the EE and its driving me insane,  setup for EE versus Rounds is different, especially with the use of Gobble Gums........

But alas......It is what it is!

What was with the clickbait title? You could have finished your sentence in the title. It's really weird that you had two words to finish of the question at the start of your post. It isn't like Reddit, where titles are clickbaity and make you read more to continue what it is saying lol

13 hours ago, Exactice_808 said:

Are you properly setting up for acquiring the bow or are you just playing through the rounds ? 

Outside of that its been tough as I posted in another thread, I am the only person on my friends list that has not completed the EE and its driving me insane,  setup for EE versus Rounds is different, especially with the use of Gobble Gums........

The later. I'm not even leaving a zombie alive to do stuff, I just do everything mid-round like always. The problem seemed to be the wall running, I skip an easy ten rounds to try it twice, lol Or knifing a zombie to start the other quest in a random game. You knife him a hundred times, only one more hit to go and... nope. someone shot him or got a nuke power up. 

Der eisendrache is the easiest map so far..

In normal Gameplay (solo) i'm completed around 10-12 ...

Set up is for me in d.e. qr,bowie,shield,jugg,double tap and speed cola

Then for the start any weapon paped till around 25-35 for getting headshots....

Later the brecci or heymaker to take out the panzer...

GG: "give me five" for the start and alchemical after set up....

I hope the next map has not such a strong ww like the lightning bow...

• 2 weeks later...

Round 1 - Knife zombies

Round 2 - Turn on tram (hoping on double points) shoot zombies and knife

Round 3 - Open door through Double tap way and get to the first dragon and fill it up though knifing each zombie carefully and make sure not to get downed. If I had a double points through that tram then I would open the doors (while still having a few zombies following me) to the power and turning it on. Then run to the dragon in the command center and knifing the rest there.

Round 4 - Buy the Kuda in the courtyard and finish the dragon in the command room then run to the pyramid area and finish that dragon there and then leave 1 zombie. I grab the bow then grab Juggernog if I have enough points. If I don't have enough points then I wait until round 5.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I love the Bowie, but much like bo1, the bowie is rough to include in the set up of DE. SoE, I get it on round 1, which makes sense game wise. But in DE, you can't get it at an appropriate level to make it viable. So sad. It should be in the start room really, in every zombie map. 

-------

Double points at start or during the first few rounds will speed things up, of course, otherwise;

Round 1 solo: grab fuse, grab QR's 100 points, shoot panzer arm through QR door, activate lander pad, call tram, fix 4 boards, grab x2 or MA from tram (ignore IK drop if that). Make points, open to dragon past DT2 (grab 100 points from DT2 machine). Grab shield part in courtyard, activate second landing pad, shoot second panzer arm. Possibly start feeding dragon. (Buy VMP if points).

Round 2: Feed dragon, buy VMP (occasionally hit box stupidly instead, usually if points under 1300 or if feeling frisky).

Round 3-4: Open to power, shoot third panzer arm, tp pap parts by death ray,  lander pad by clock tower, activate low-g, grab shield parts, build shield (church or pyramid locale). Feed dragon (either). Buy Jugger when able.

After this, i basically just run with bow and unpap VMP. I may do storm and dog bows before panzer, but usually i start on the slower demon bow, then storm, dog, and eventually fire bows.

Solo, i get the Ragnarok whenever i think of it. In mp zombies, i get it much faster for the revive assist.

Eventually, i get a ray gun or shotgun for panzers (bows suck at killing him, at least on 360), pap it with BF (gets Ragnarok refilled quickest).

In mp zombies, I'll try for cymbal monkeys.

Then i usually use Storm or Demon bow and run reverses on the parapet by the clock tower (whatever bow in mp, though i hate Fire). I drop the Ragnarok at the top of the steps and they usually can't get through it until past round 40-50 something. Pick it up and use Shotgun w/BF to refill it.

Other common run spots for me: pyramid, by dog bow corner. Column by dog bow wall run. Upper courtyard (with wundersphere) preferably with this demon bow room door closed. Church, by dragon.

Occasionally camp church steps, or above wundersphere on balcony with the church debris-door intact, or camp wundershere above DT2.

I mix it up to alleviate duldrums, but i do usually run the clock tower parapet.

Best solo 56. Best mp 35ish(?) with randoms. I can do better, and now that the hyperactive zombies have been calmed down, i should get further soon. 

Happy gamage!

17 hours ago, 83457 said:

I love the Bowie, but much like bo1, the bowie is rough to include in the set up of DE. SoE, I get it on round 1, which makes sense game wise. But in DE, you can't get it at an appropriate level to make it viable. So sad. It should be in the start room really, in every zombie map. 

-------

Best solo 56. Best mp 35ish(?) with randoms. I can do better, and now that the hyperactive zombies have been calmed down, i should get further soon. 

Round 1?

I buy the door for 500 and get my money back from the window. 

Leaving one zombie and getting 500 for the ritual leaves me with 1000 point to open the next one, but I'm still 1250 short. 

Oh well, round 2/3 seems fair enough. I even buy it on round 9 or later. 

What was the nerf about? Less running zombies or lower hit rate? 
I haven't heard of anything.... I haven't played for some time though.

I'm on 360, when DE released, it came with round 2 runners and (on SoE and DE) even the slowest round 1 zombie could and would speed hit you 3 times if you were in arms reach. You still could do long games, but usually there would be a few games that ended in round 1-5 due to the hyperslapping zombies. They fixed that. 

----

Round 1 BK on SoE involves zombie cloning. If they haven't patched it by now, I'm accepting it for the beautiful thing that it is. 

Solo Method (note that solo 360 can still transmogrify keepers into reg zombs by running far enough away, but not in mp zombies. It's fine if you can't as it is only 2 keepers): You almost must get x2 at start or as 1 of the 2 drops of round 1,  otherwise, you may not get enough points (SoE has 2 drop per round limit, excluding margwa drops).

Start, grab 100 QR points, open door -500, chang's for +500, fix window +40 (640), gather zombies by QR.

Use beast: zap all zombies, qr, break open door, free s-key, zap crane and SU.

Post beast, run to SU, get +100 from machine (740). Wait for 12ish zombies, zap them, open Nero's.

Post beast, grab Pen, run up Nero's to transmogrify keepers. Drop down fire escape and run quickly to Waterfront door, press against door and jump up and down. That should make most zombies pour from the closest places to Waterfront. Stab the 2 furthest away zombies (1000 points now). Open waterfront. (Stab a third zombie if SU on next gen can't give points).

Gather 24ish zombies, zap in Waterfront (quickly as time is limited) as you head down the Waterfront hall. If you are fast enough hit the Rift door (otherwise skip this), then grapple up to the box, then run (no jump) straight over to the farthest part of Waterfront and run down and beast open the Anvil (boxing gym).

Then,

A. (If x2 at start) Post beast, go to start, pool up zombies, hit x2, carefully avoid nuke drop (if applicable). You should get 6000+ points. A second x2 drop should get you to 9,000-10,000 points. Save a zombie. 

Or B. (If no x2 at start) Post beast, run up to Nero's, carefully stab and pray that the gaming gods give x2 and no Nuke. Stab carefully. Save a zombie. 

If you have 4250 or more, open Waterfront door, get the BK.

If no x2 comes, you may get 3000+. You need to come up with 4250 to buy the Waterfront door and the BK. You can do the Nero ritual for 500 points, plus any keepers shot (10 points each hit). If you get enough to get the waterfront door open, you can do the Anvil ritual and kill the Margwa which should then get you the BK points.

Happy gaming! 

• Like 1
On 6/18/2016 at 11:43 AM, Koslans said:

Thanks for explaining. 

It sounds like a lot of work I'd rather skip though, I'm never really low on points (on BO3 maps) anyway. 

Understandable. It isn't broken at all, it's just like a choice; slow start to 3-10k on Round 1, or simply burn through rounds faster at the normal pay scale.

In contrast, if the start room loading dock has Instakill, i always skip to round 15 and play from there. So it's not like I need the easy start, it's more that I'm amused by it: running around with the max # of zombies on round 1-3 is surreal. Usually 80+ zombies killed by end of round 3.

It makes me realize that the game would simply be less time consuming (and therefor arguably more fun) if we started with 5,000, not 500. Cloning is like that,  but slow. 

14 hours ago, 83457 said:

Understandable. It isn't broken at all, it's just like a choice; slow start to 3-10k on Round 1, or simply burn through rounds faster at the normal pay scale.

In contrast, if the start room loading dock has Instakill, i always skip to round 15 and play from there. So it's not like I need the easy start, it's more that I'm amused by it: running around with the max # of zombies on round 1-3 is surreal. Usually 80+ zombies killed by end of round 3.

It makes me realize that the game would simply be less time consuming (and therefor arguably more fun) if we started with 5,000, not 500. Cloning is like that,  but slow. 

I agree since the first rounds aren't really challenging so the game could start with a bit more points (I think 5000 might be too much at least if playing with 4 players cause you'll pretty much get the whole map opened on round 1 then...) and the zombies could start out being faster and stronger on round one. 

On the other hand part of the fun is having to strategize what you'll spend your points to... Should I get a better weapon or maybe juggernog or would it be best to open that door over there...

Only thing i'd probably change is the speed of the first 3 rounds as zombies are very slow and you'll just waiting for them to appear...

• Like 1

The zombies spawn in very slow and the time between rounds is quite long at first. Giving the players more points wouldn't do much good, it would result in opening more doors and the zombies getting lost. I don't really mind the slow start though. I play one or two games a week or so. Therefore I'm not in a hurry and I like the ambient sounds and the extra things to see or do. 

Besides, the in-between rounds moment is a good time to do certain things. 

For example, you do all the beast mode things at spawn, pick up the key and the other thing. Knife the last zombie on your ways to Nero's place and while the round skips from one to two, you can do the ritual. Drop down in the junction and the zombie are just in time to get butchered. 

In later rounds, these seconds are valuable to get a perk or pap something.

• Like 1
On 4/18/2016 at 5:42 AM, Koslans said:

I still think Shadows of Evil is way easier. 

How do you folks get the Panzer helmet? Any specific order, do you use a hide in plain sight, or ... ?!

SoE is easier in the long run just because the Margwa is easier and less dangerous to run around than the Panzer.

-------

Panzer helmet: first, don't use the claws until he starts getting hard to kill, then use them to kill him. Just walk him over to the claws, defend yourself from the zombs with a charged bow shot, monkeys, or Ragnarok and then shoot the claw while Panzer is in range. In plain sight would make the panzer run off, so don't use that for this.