Zombie map locations

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4zUMl6.jpg

You just copy and paste the image :)

Could you make a version where you just put coloured circles which correspond to map names and maybe one where it has coloured lines between locations (like blue for World at War, red for Black Ops, green for Black Ops II and pink for Black Ops III) if you ever had the free time? I have wanted to do something like that for a while to see if they point towards anything. Sorry if I didn't make much sense.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Q4zUMl6.jpg

You just copy and paste the image :)

Could you make a version where you just put coloured circles which correspond to map names and maybe one where it has coloured lines between locations (like blue for World at War, red for Black Ops, green for Black Ops II and pink for Black Ops III) if you ever had the free time? I have wanted to do something like that for a while to see if they point towards anything. Sorry if I didn't make much sense.

I tried to copy it from paint but that didnt work. Do you mean copy it from imgur?

And I first wanted to add the year the maps are playing in it too, but for maps like No Mans Land and Tranzit, we arent sure about when it plays. Perhaps Im gonna make a version II of it with the years, and the idea you said about the game colours I could also add then.

Maybe I can also give the different dimensions different colours

• Administrators

You made that? Legendary! That is badass! The only ones that are debatable are SNN (there is a crowd that argues it is in Manchuria) and Morg City...is there any chance the latter might actually be on the Great Lakes instead of the East Coast? I really have no idea if there is anything to indicate where it is located. What did you base its location on?

When you finalize this/get the image to appear in the OP, I would like to add this thread to the Canon Library. 

14 hours ago, anonymous said:

And I first wanted to add the year the maps are playing in it too, but for maps like No Mans Land and Tranzit, we arent sure about when it plays. Perhaps Im gonna make a version II of it with the years, and the idea you said about the game colours I could also add then.

Maybe I can also give the different dimensions different colours

Either way, each of us has his own opinion on the locations and dates of the maps(and dimensions).:wink:

Nice work @anonymous But you haven't included MOON? haha

Shadows of Evil is set in a "Fictional' City (why Treyarch? Why?), but on the BO3 promo picture, the city in the background is Chicago.

As for time & dates, Verruckt is the only map that has a confirmed date, as it says September 1945 (?) on screen when you spawn in.

Though saying that, Dr. Richtofen's Diary radio messages do have actual days, months & years. Along with the BO2 letters from the field. (Can't think of anything else atm)

I think that everything after a certain event, e.g - DG-2 in the Teleporter etc, caused the original dimension to no longer have an actual time frame (day/year). 

An event involving Element 115 cause time, space & dimensions to blend together. This event happened just after the Marines in Verruckt.

• Moderators

About SNN and Morg City I am not sure, and it is nothing more then a guess. Begin 20th century America’s westcoast was more western/cowboy styled, while the eastcoast cities were looking more like Morg City. And it lays at water, so thats why I put it at the eastcoast. But what you said, the Great Lakes and a building simular as a building in Chicago, havent thought of that. Theres water too there and its kinda the same culture as the eastcoast. Could be very likely if thats Morg Cities location.
And about Shi No Numa, I wouldnt know where it is. I searched some pictures of a Japanese swamp and it looked quite the same as SNN, so thats why I placed it there. But it could be hunderds of kilometers to the south in Japan occupied territory too. This one is also nothing more then a guess.
The locations of Call of the Dead and Ascension arent for sure too. Both somewhere in worlds biggest country: Russia, and in Ascensions time even bigger: The Sovjet Union. Now CotD I placed at a random spot at the Siberian coastline. Most of Russias Cosmodomes, including its biggest, are in South-Russia and Kazakhstan (former Sovjet Union). Thats why I placed Ascension there.
After the next DLC, I will update it a bit (including changing Morg Cities location).
And @PINNAZ sorry but I cant put Moon on Earths map. I hope Groom Lake will make it good :)

Hopefully with the release of Zetsubou No Shima,we may see a bit of backstory into the Division 9 research facility in Shi No Numa considering they were both owned and operated by Division 9. 

As for the discussion, I believe Morg City was based on Chicago and New York City, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is located in the same area as those cities..

• Moderators
On ‎11‎-‎4‎-‎2016 at 11:01 AM, Doppelgänger said:

Hopefully with the release of Zetsubou No Shima,we may see a bit of backstory into the Division 9 research facility in Shi No Numa considering they were both owned and operated by Division 9. 

As for the discussion, I believe Morg City was based on Chicago and New York City, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is located in the same area as those cities..

Yeah, I hope so, however ZNS looks much more tropical then SNN, but its both a base of Division 9 so hopefully we'll get more information about it.

@NaBrzhunter I messed a bit with my phone and it works, Im able to respond on posts again :D I felt yesterday really sad with the new DLC coming up but being unable to talk, lol.

And @HellsWarrior Great new site theme

@PINNAZ I would wager that the events from Verruckt through Der Riese between the date we're given for Veruckt and the end of 1946. Given that World at War has a WWII setting, this is likely. While the last surrender was from Japan on September 2, 1945 it wasn't until December 31, 1946 that U.S. President Harry S. Truman was quoted saying: "Although a state of war still exists, it is at this time possible to declare, and I find it to be in the public interest to declare, that hostilities have terminated. Now, therefore, I, Harry S. Truman, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim the cessation of hostilities of World War II, effective twelve o'clock noon, December 31, 1946."

So it stands to reason that abandoned WWII era facilities would still be around for that duration, giving us a plausible window of about 16 months for the events of Verruckt, Shi No Numa and Der Riese. However, the one problem, even with this, is that Treyarch retroactively said that Tank Dempsey was one of the marines we play as who is eventually captured and subsequently tested on. Almost all radios thereafter mention the war or turning the tide of the war. So the date given for us for Verruckt must be taken with a grain of salt. With Tanks inclusion, it's possible that it then happens earlier. Given that the major events in the lore describe that Group 935 decided to work with the Nazis to help them turn the tide of the war, this would mean that these events happen as the Nazis were losing the footholds in the war. The allies started to gain ground between 1943 and 1944. So the testing of element 115 on humans as well as the advancement of weapons by Group 935 likely happened the most during this time. So an adjusted timeline for Verruckt would likely happen then. Shi No Numa and Der Riese can still happen between September 1945 and December 1946, as we are there after the events mentioned in the radios.

Five for certain will be set sometime between January 20, 1961 and November 22, 1963 as that is the time JFK was president. Given that McNamara and Castro are also present would suggest it would be sometime around the Bay of Pigs (April 17, 1961) or the Cuban Missile Crisis (October 16-28, 1962). Hopefully that narrows it down a little for that map. As well as Ascension as they happen simultaneously thanks to the phone messages. Given that Kino Der Toten happens after WWII, thanks to Richtofens dialogue acknowledging that they have travelled through time from Der Riese. It would be safe to assume that it happens in a window of 1960-1962. Call of the Dead seemingly happens in 2011 as the characters we play as were contemporary actors. I believe our first major instance of not knowing at all when a map takes place is Shangri-La. One might say that since it occurs after the COTD Easter egg, that it would also happen in or shortly after 2011. However the flaw with this theory is that Gary and Brock are still trapped in their infinite loop. And throughout the EE on this map, you travel back in time on multiple occasions. Really muddying the timeline. So either Gary and Brock have been trapped for 40-50 years, or the map occurs in its own state of time (more on this in a moment) given the funky nature of the EE and the fate of the explorers.

Moon and Nuketown also have varying times based on little indication. While they happen simultaneously, our only indication of their time is Marltons presence in the shelter. This would seemingly put it sometime during or after 2011. But his being there might also suggest it's even later, as he sounds the same as he does later on. However, this creates a paradox as we later hear Maxis after first making contact with the Tranzit crew and him saying he has been searching for decades. So, either Marlton is in his 40's or he sounded the same as a teenager as he does later. The convenient explanation is time displacement and what not, I guess. All we know for Die Rise is that thanks to an in map poster, it happens sometime after 1996. With Buried happening sometime after that as well. My theory is that, with the exception of Tranzit, we are shown that Richtofen continually resets them when they fail to light the beacons, which to me says they're in an infinite loop similar to Brock, Gary, and the MOTD crew. So they may be teleported to moments in time, and are there until successful. This could also maybe explain Maxis' decades remark, meaning that Maxis and Richtofen have been at this for years which would repeat time for everyone else all the same. Kind of a Groundhog Day type situation. Where with each unsuccessful attempt, time reverts to where they started from, and only resumes when successful. I'd say the only maps in Blops2 we have a reasonable timeframe of are Mob of the Dead (1933) and Origins (1918). This is thanks to  the exposition during the MOTD EE and the letters from the field for Origins. 

Sorry this is so long, and off topic as far as locations and mapping goes. @PINNAZ raised an interesting topic that I couldn't resist to weigh in on. And I believe that dates are also important for mapping it all out. Hope any of what I covered helps!

Edited by tEfugleskremmel
Spelling/grammar
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

My theory is that, with the exception of Tranzit, we are shown that Richtofen continually resets them when they fail to light the beacons, which to me says they're in an infinite loop similar to Brock, Gary, and the MOTD crew.

But does this mean that Richthofen also resets time, so the N4 start at the same time as before, or that time continues, and Richthofen only some sort of "revives" the N4? If its the last one, it could be possible that the N4s first attempt to build the tower in Green Run is in 1960 and when they finally build the last tower in Buried, its around 2050. If it is the first one this is evidence that the person in the MPD is capable of messing with time and to turn back or put forward it: Samantha could have done this is BO1 as well.

@anonymous an excellent point. This could also explain the aesthetic disparity from Green Run to Die Rise. The subtitle, Great Leap Forward, could literally mean an immense lurch forward in time. The only flaw here is the fact that they both occur after the events of the Moon Easter Egg. Given that we have that date of 1996 shown in Die Rise as a point of reference, it is unlikely that the events of Green Run happen as early as the 1960's. It's just unlikely that commerce/manufacturing/marketing would continue as normal for 30-40 years after the Earth has been shattered and overrun by zombies. This would then suggest that the title of Great Leap Forward is possibly in reference to Maxis/Richtofen finally making progress with the beacons. Also, we can't overlook that Misty, Marlton and Stulinger all have a style of dress that's inconsistent with the 1960's aesthetic. 

• Moderators

And I read once that the MPD can only travel forward in time, and we know that CotD was in 2011, so Shangri La and Moon have to be later. However, it is a small possibility that Samantha messed with time, but why would she do that? And never thought of that meaning of Great Leap Forward, good point. It could be that once Stuhlinger conviced his "deaf" friends, and finally built the first obylisk, decades are over. But then we would again meet the problem of how Moon could be after CotD, 2011, but also before 1960

• Administrators

@tEfugleskremmel I don't know if you have seen this thread yet (Time and Location of All Maps), but you raised some interesting points and thought you would enjoy it. It's about to go through an overhaul, also, so feel free to point anything out you disagree with! (Besides Moon and Nuketown, those are going to be a bit more structured :p)

On 4/15/2016 at 8:13 AM, tEfugleskremmel said:

My theory is that, with the exception of Tranzit, we are shown that Richtofen continually resets them when they fail to light the beacons, which to me says they're in an infinite loop similar to Brock, Gary, and the MOTD crew.

I think a difference should be made between the kinds of 'resetting.' There's the normal respawn-forever-to-complete-your-mission, which is what we see throughout much of the game. Then there's "shifting," which is us going to some other, isolated place when engaging in the infinite respawns. This is the case in Mob of the Dead and Shadows of Evil, at the very least (not sure if I'm missing an example).

@NaBrZHunter, I know we have discussed this at length, though it was a while ago. Have anything to add?

@Tac I will absolutely check it out and contribute if I can, cheers. Moreover, if you want to quote or link my ideas posited here to there, I have no problem with that. I wouldn't want to just repeat myself and not add to the established discussion is all. Plus I mainly post from my phone, and it's a pain to do haha. 

I've also since had a possible revelation about how time maybe works in the zombies universe. That could help explain some of the jumps post Moon. I still like the idea of it being similar to Groundhog Day, but possibly not for everyone. So I'm thinking that time continues on as normal, which is evident in that the sky has cleared up between Tranzit-Die Rise. However, time perceivably resets for the characters each time they are. Seeing as how they never really recall exactly how they got somewhere, this is possible. But this doesn't explain the time between Die Rise and Buried. Given that during the cutscene, we are shown them travelling there. So l loop back to the Groundhog Day theory. That, when they're reset, time does as well. But time carries on as normal otherwise. We actually see a little of this through the function of the Time Bombs in Buried. People like to suggest that the MPD can only move them forward, that Sam didn't have the power to send us back. But Richtofen mentions several times that he knows exactly what the MPD does, given that he heard voices since interacting with it...before Sam even entered it. To me this would suggest he has a much more intimate knowledge and understanding of how it works. It would also explain how he's able to teleport the Tranzit crew to Die Rise and then reset them each time they fail to light the beacon. I know it's convoluted, but it's the best I can come up with at the moment. 

• Administrators

@Tac Other than BO2/Moon/Shang, it's good to see things falling into an ordered timeline of sorts, with The Giant, Der Eisendrache, Zetsubou No Shima and Shadows of Evil all landing around 1945 helps support the theory that all things in this universe follow the original universe very closely. 

Now, while I'm not entirely sure what I think about it now, I loved the pocket in time theories that explained activities taking place at some of these locations in such a way that the rest of the physical universe wouldn't know, so that, for instance, the original escape at Der Riese was stuck inside of a 3-second pocket of time relative to us, while for the O4, it could have seemed like 30 minutes to an hour.

@NaBrZHunter This has been the way I've been trying explain it. Thank you. Each time I feel like I'm saying it the way I picture it, I just loop back around to my original concept. Hmm, loops, ironic. I love the idea that events happening within maps are within their own pockets of time. 

Another thought I've had, that I haven't seen explored is how time works relative to the Aether and those beyond the "Rift". Seeing as neither are described as physical planes, they may also not adhere to how time works in the physical realm. This too could be the reason for Maxis claiming he's been at it for decades. Kind of a reverse to the idea that the events on each map happen in pockets. Where a month/year on earth is like a decade in the Aether/Rift. This may also be why we don't see Samantha as having aged while in the MPD, as clearly time in there is not relative to how it works on our plane. 

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

@NaBrZHunter This has been the way I've been trying explain it. Thank you. Each time I feel like I'm saying it the way I picture it, I just loop back around to my original concept. Hmm, loops, ironic. I love the idea that events happening within maps are within their own pockets of time. 

Another thought I've had, that I haven't seen explored is how time works relative to the Aether and those beyond the "Rift". Seeing as neither are described as physical planes, they may also not adhere to how time works in the physical realm. This too could be the reason for Maxis claiming he's been at it for decades. Kind of a reverse to the idea that the events on each map happen in pockets. Where a month/year on earth is like a decade in the Aether/Rift. This may also be why we don't see Samantha as having aged while in the MPD, as clearly time in there is not relative to how it works on our plane. 

Ah, yes! Relativity! It's a beautiful thing. And agreed-the Pocket in Time Theory makes the story almost...more believable, too. At least, it would have, back in the universe days (as opposed to multiverse). It made it feel like the stuff really could have happened/could be happening in our world. We just can't see it because we're almost on a different frequency relative to spacetime than all our characters (with the exception of Peter, Pernell, ect). 

Good to hear you observe that the Aether and 'beyond the Rift' may not be physical planes. We know for sure the Aether isn't, though we know precious little about Agartha and the Rift, the idea that persons in those realms are 'suspended' in spacetime so that it passes much slower for them makes sense. Hence the use of the word 'Cryogenic' Slumber Party, since, as she has been suspended in spacetime, relative to us it almost seems as if she is frozen. Holy shyte, am I being dense, Tac, or did you already observe that for your Welteis theory? 

@NaBrZHunter these theories on time aren't necessarily affected by the existence of the multiverse. If there are an infinite number of universes with our characters existing in each, time, at its normal rate, should exist all the same across the board. We also need to keep in mind, that much of the early time travel, or travel in general, we experience in the storyline was the result of using the MTD's, which are separate from the influence of the Aether and those within it. This, to me at least, actually simplifies things a little as it doesn't involve something we don't fully have explanations on how it works. But I do think that the Aether is the realm between every universe that exists within its own time, as you added, where beings within it are in an almost suspended state of existence. The Rift(s) then is how we travel between the realms through the Aether which is where I imagine Maxis is trapped. Again, I believe time here is also in a stasis. While high concept, it's an elegant solution for how time, relativity and the multiverse work within the narrative. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

This has been the way I've been trying explain it. Thank you. Each time I feel like I'm saying it the way I picture it, I just loop back around to my original concept. Hmm, loops, ironic. I love the idea that events happening within maps are within their own pockets of time. 

This idea would need to be worked into the idea of our actual, stated pockets of time in Shadows and Mob of the Dead. If the original respawn-forever is based on pockets in time, then what are the shifts for (that seem to be an identical concept, but apparently working differently). I hope that made sense.

1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Good to hear you observe that the Aether and 'beyond the Rift' may not be physical planes. We know for sure the Aether isn't, though we know precious little about Agartha and the Rift, the idea that persons in those realms are 'suspended' in spacetime so that it passes much slower for them makes sense. Hence the use of the word 'Cryogenic' Slumber Party, since, as she has been suspended in spacetime, relative to us it almost seems as if she is frozen. Holy shyte, am I being dense, Tac, or did you already observe that for your Welteis theory?

Haha no, not quite. I hadn't taken it to here yet. This is interesting, not sure what to think about it. Could certainly be true, and I would love for it to be, but I have to think of what other meanings there could possibly be to Cryogenic. @FatedTitan postulated that the EE name was a kind of foreshadowing of the four 1.0s in the tubes, and I'm curious what you guys think of that.

EDIT

@tEfugleskremmel, can you expand on this quote of yours? I'm not sure I quite understand it.

We also need to keep in mind, that much of the early time travel, or travel in general, we experience in the storyline was the result of using the MTD's, which are separate from the influence of the Aether and those within it. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

@NaBrZHunter these theories on time aren't necessarily affected by the existence of the multiverse. If there are an infinite number of universes with our characters existing in each, time, at its normal rate, should exist all the same across the board. We also need to keep in mind, that much of the early time travel, or travel in general, we experience in the storyline was the result of using the MTD's, which are separate from the influence of the Aether and those within it. This, to me at least, actually simplifies things a little as it doesn't involve something we don't fully have explanations on how it works. But I do think that the Aether is the realm between every universe that exists within its own time, as you added, where beings within it are in an almost suspended state of existence. The Rift(s) then is how we travel between the realms through the Aether which is where I imagine Maxis is trapped. Again, I believe time here is also in a stasis. While high concept, it's an elegant solution for how time, relativity and the multiverse work within the narrative. 

Your note about the Rifts makes sense! I didn't think about it that way. 

However, I do believe that the MTDs actually do make use of the Aether. Did you ever see my thesis on the Nature of the Aether?

@NaBrZHunter in fact, I did. And it was an excellent read! And I agree with you that the Aether is involved. I believe all of the visions we see as we teleport are of things within the Aether. However, I posit that while this is true, that the Aether itself does not directly influence or dictate the function of the MTDs. Rather that the MTDs are the physical facsimile Richtofen inadvertently created that mimics the function of the Rift. With my earlier theory of the Rift being the "doorways" to other universes/locations, I believe this to make the most sense. My evidence for this is the similarity in which the MTDs work with the Rift portals we see in Shadows. 

@Tac I believe that quote was from @NaBrZHunter but I did expand on it myself. Otherwise, you'd have to ask him. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

@NaBrZHunter in fact, I did. And it was an excellent read! And I agree with you that the Aether is involved. I believe all of the visions we see as we teleport are of things within the Aether. However, I posit that while this is true, that the Aether itself does not directly influence or dictate the function of the MTDs. Rather that the MTDs are the physical facsimile Richtofen inadvertently created that mimics the function of the Rift. With my earlier theory of the Rift being the "doorways" to other universes/locations, I believe this to make the most sense. My evidence for this is the similarity in which the MTDs work with the Rift portals we see in Shadows. 

@Tac I believe that quote was from @NaBrZHunter but I did expand on it myself. Otherwise, you'd have to ask him. 

I gotcha now! Brilliant way of putting it! I never thought of it that way. 

@Tac yeah, that was me. I meant that we know that the Aether is not a physical plane in the traditional sense, but seemingly more of a 4th-dimensional plane. 

And the idea of people teleporting via the Aether or universe jumping via the Ather and Rifts, (temporary suspension) or becoming the controller of the MPD (semi-permanent conditional suspension) in all of these cases, time seems to speed up for us relative to them. In Kino, 18 years for us was a matter of seconds for the O4. In Origins -> The Giant, 25 years for us was a matter of seconds for the Origins 4, while Samantha, in the MPD for over 60 years, didn't seem to have aged a day. 

@NaBrZHunter @Tac I urge both of you to check out this thread I made 3 years ago between Buried and Origins as I believe the research is done is very relevant to the current trend of the narrative. It's in regards to a book I discovered on the shelves in Buried called the Wheel of Life, which is based on real world spiritual mythology. Please check out the thread and the Wikipedia page on the subject as well, as I kept it short and tried to include the most relevant information at the time. I've actually recently revisited the topic, and so so much more of it has become relevant. Ties to the Aether, death, rebirth, power etc.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

I accidentally pasted the wrong text, so I'm sorry. However, my question (now updated) was the same as what Hunter asked regarding Aether, so by answering his question, you inadvertently answered mine!

As for the thread, I will certainly check it out in the morning. Thanks for posting it man!