My predictions for Zetsabeadr...Zeteatini....Zeta..Zetinthebox.... FOR ZNS

So ZNS' (because F*** spelling that out) released it's opening cutscene, as well as THIS info on COD's main BO3 website: 

IN THE LATEST CHAPTER OF THE ZOMBIES EXPERIENCE, THE ORIGINS CHARACTERS FIND THEMSELVES STRANDED ON A REMOTE PACIFIC ISLAND CONTINUING THEIR MISSION TO STOP THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. THERE THEY WILL FACE THE EFFECTS OF ELEMENT 115 ON HUMAN, PLANT AND ANIMAL BIOLOGY THAT HAS CREATED HORRORS BEYOND BELIEF. EXPLORE DIVERSE ENVIRONMENTS FROM LUSH, TROPICAL FOREST TO THE STARK, OVERGROWN LABORATORY FACILITY USING ZIP LINES OR THE SEWER SYSTEMS TO EVADE THE ZOMBIE HORDE.

So it appears that we can traverse through a VARIETY of locations and environments. 

The ziplines are a nice touch: Question: Are they the crappy ride-me-for 1000 ziplines? Or are the cool "Grab on and slide" ziplines? Time will tell. 

The sewer system is another thing that interests me. As we can clearly see, the map is flooded in the leaked (now publicly available here: https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/dlc/dlc-2 ) picture. And if the facility's main floor is THAT flooded I can only assume the sewers are at least mostly filled as well, which is good because it's hope for water phyisics. On the other hand, it specifically states the sewer systems will be used to EVADE zombies, which makes me fear it's not actually a swim-able environment, but rather just a glorified water-slide of sorts. 

So, as per usual, I'll make my own In-depth map concept for this later on before release, but for right now here's my thinking: 

-The sewer systems and a beach-area are going to offer swim-able water areas. I state this because, as we all know, the hidden message on the giant states "Beneath the waves is where Honor Suffers". So logically, I assume part of the facility is housed UNDER water, I imagine that there will be a way to access that area through the sewers, but perhaps by swimming as well. 

Ziplines and tropical forests lead me to believe that we also will get some fairly high areas as well.  PHD is welcome to come back to get that fall-damage nullifier if that's the case, even if the "flop" element is changed. But don't get your hopes up. 

I would also expect multiple bosses on this map. We know the effects of 115 on humans: Test subjects and zombies. We've also seen effects on things like dogs and monkeys too. Plants, however, I have NO idea what kind of boss we'll get for that.... I can only imagine what horrors await us... 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20080831165239&path-prefix=en

An interesting thought: What if we get some reward boxes in the means of plant-life. 

Like say there's one plant that extends across the island, and has 3-5 flowers, feed zombies to those flowers, and eventually you'll get a reward type deal. 

Something about this map screams "SWAMP MONSTER" as well... 

Well that's all I got now... Your thoughts? 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to think about the size of the map a little bit more:

Evidence for larger map:

• From the description,the map will feature "DIVERSE ENVIRONMENTS FROM LUSH, TROPICAL FOREST TO THE STARK, OVERGROWN LABORATORY FACILITY" (Honestly, this description kind of reminds me of the multiplayer map Gauntlet, but I think that's not actually a fair comparison). To me, diverse environments implies larger area to showcase said environments.
  • The laboratory in released images is labeled "LAB B", which means there could at least be a "LAB A", if not more. 
  • If we're going to be using "ZIP LINES OR THE SEWER SYSTEMS TO EVADE THE ZOMBIE HORDE" my gut tells me that this will be used to traverse large areas of the map. But, I can't ignore the fact they might just be used to help traverse terrain; for example, like your idea about there being big trees on the map, or may it's just a way for us to not get cornered on top of the lab building.
    • On a side note, I also think that the sewers are the most obvious place to incorporate swimming mechanics. I wonder if it will an area where players can traverse the map, but zombies can't follow. The problem I see with my "safe-zone" idea is that it could too easily be abused. A "air restriction" could keep the time spent in it to a minimum, but unless that took time to "refill" you could just hop right back in again.

Evidence for a smaller map:

• Blundell has called this the scariest map yet for Zombies. Personally, I find maps that have tighter corridors and less areas to train are scarier. At the very least they are more anxiety provoking. I think a smaller sized map would really contribute a scary atmosphere.
  • I personally don't think the lab buildings look that large in the picture. By eye-balling it, I think it looks more on scale with buildings from Nuketown. It looks like there are 3 floors to "LAB B", with the length of the building being roughly 3-4x the height of the door; looking at Nuketown, I think this building on a similar scale but only 2 stories: 
    Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

•  I certainly would find it hectic training zombies in there. If this is indeed true, then it doesn't really matter if there are a few of these labs, they still are not going to contribute significantly to map size. 

@Stop Mocking Me0

What do you think about a change in the format?  NO POWER!!!!

The last time we had no power switch brought some interesting changes to the genre.  SoE, Origins, NuketownZ.  Each have something unique.  This should be no different right?

What if the sewers are an integral part of traversing the map and you have to drain the sewers first to use them?  If there is a swimming element, and I am almost positive there will be, I think that it will be of nominal use.  It will probably useful to accomplish goals rather than fight the undead.

I think the zip-lines are going to be the same "pay-to-use" just like in CotD.  Just can't see anything like a free bailout ever.

What do you think???

1 hour ago, JJMFP said:

@Stop Mocking Me0

What do you think about a change in the format?  NO POWER!!!!

The last time we had no power switch brought some interesting changes to the genre.  SoE, Origins, NuketownZ.  Each have something unique.  This should be no different right?

What if the sewers are an integral part of traversing the map and you have to drain the sewers first to use them?  If there is a swimming element, and I am almost positive there will be, I think that it will be of nominal use.  It will probably useful to accomplish goals rather than fight the undead.

I think the zip-lines are going to be the same "pay-to-use" just like in CotD.  Just can't see anything like a free bailout ever.

What do you think???

I think we'll have either a basic power switch, or no power switch and the whole map begins with power on. 

I don't think we'll have generators like origins, or an electric zapper mode like MOTD or COTD. BTW, ziplines in COTD were free-to-use. The pay-to-use ones were only in Shi No Numa. 

As for the sewers, I'm very attached to the idea we'll be swimming in them, and they'll be flooded. I DOUBT we'll ever see them empty or drained. I say this because we KNOW the island is water-logged, and getting rid of water is an issue already. 

8 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I think we'll have either a basic power switch, or no power switch and the whole map begins with power on. 

I don't think we'll have generators like origins, or an electric zapper mode like MOTD or COTD. BTW, ziplines in COTD were free-to-use. The pay-to-use ones were only in Shi No Numa. 

As for the sewers, I'm very attached to the idea we'll be swimming in them, and they'll be flooded. I DOUBT we'll ever see them empty or drained. I say this because we KNOW the island is water-logged, and getting rid of water is an issue already. 

That's right....but in CotD, you still had to pay to open.  Either way, we are shelling out coin for sure.

The water issue presents us a challenge to over come to possibly complete the Easter Egg.  It could go either way, and I am getting antsy just thinking about it.  Every DLC brings me closer to the end, and that makes me sad to see Zombies go, but I am also thrilled with the exhilarating ride.  

Your thoughts on that mountain terrain in the distance???  Zip Line there????

That's not really pay-to-use. We have to shell out coin to get to the top of the building regardless. 

Well, it's the ride that's the important part. Besides after BO3 we have ALL THE CUSTOM ZOMBIES to entertain ourselves with. 

The mountain terrain will LIKELY break the map's possibilities in height or length. Then again, treyarch DID say that Awakening would be the ONLY dlc to be released on Last-Gen. It's possible it was their plan from the beginning to release it.  Thus THIS is the first DLC to be totally next-gen. 

Then again, I DON'T want this map to be so big it's impossible to get to someone like in tranzit. The wonderspheres or teleporters to help, but if you have to zipline ALL the way down the mountain to get someone, that's going to be a problem, and I really don't want coagulant to become a necessity.   

Coagulant was made for a reason.

I think every one of these new maps are going to have a severely different strategy than the last.  We may be using a single GobbleGum or Perk more or less than before.  That is always a possibility.  I think we will see another large map before it ends.  With it, hopefully, we see alternative game modes as well.  Give me something to play for the next three years.

CUSTOM ZOMBIES

How do I play these maps on Consoles???

I. HIGHLY doubt they're going to let anything rely on getting COAGULANT from the gumball machine. As for custom game modes, sorry mate, they already stated that there was no movement for gamemodes, however custom BO3 will allow you to craft your own game-modes. As well, in custom game-modes it can be possible to just BUY specific gumballs like coagulant so they're less of an issue, but I doubt that will work in the main games. 

As for your custom zombies delima... Sorry bro.