News Article: New CoD 2016 Call of Duty: Space Warfare?

Spider

IIPuSXS.png

News going around the all the gaming news websites suggest that this years Call of Duty is set in the "far distant future" one very good source that broke this news was @shinobi602 and has been very accurate in the past with other Call of Duty titles, however Infinity Ward and Activision have yet to confirm this rumor.

8Hnt2we.png

euHJOpA.png

Infinity Ward have already had a taste of space combat in their previous title Call of Duty: Ghosts, @shinobi602 has went on to say that the title will be “full on sci-fi”

What does this mean for Call of Duty fans around the world? I for one will be very disappointed as I was hoping for a trip back in time to World War 1 or 2, Let us hear your thoughts below in the comments.

View full news

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I mean I have SOME trust in SledgeHammer games, but IFW I wouldn't trust keeping a cactus alive. 

SledgeHammer were exploited by Activision on a big level. After seeing what Treyarch have been subjected too, I feel Activision will be like "So IW, if you want us to actually let you continue making games after the last performances you have had, you better do all this stuff we want (aka CoD Points). SH, your newbies, this is how it works you have no say in the gaming industry so do all this stuff we want." Is how I see their stance and this will eventually lead Treyarch to wash their hands of them.

• Administrators

@XPG Richtofen Would you mind changing the title to reflect that Activision no longer owns the trademark for Space Warfare? They gave it up in 2014 (I believe), as per the sources below. Perhaps add some more information to the article?

I'm excited for this one! I, personally, don't think it will suck, and find it pretty dumb to just assume it will tbh.

For those interested, here are the sources: GameSpot, Eurogamer, Shinobi

22 hours ago, anonymous said:

@Abel! Looks like you were right!

Personally, I would like ww1/ww2/cold war more, but if it has to be in the future, I like this space stuff more then AW/BO3. Those pictures look pretty cool, though

Space pirates though bro... Give me bloody space pirates. FLING IT IN ME @INFINITYWARD