Which multiplayer map would you base a zombie map on?

So I've just been discussing this with @anonymous in another thread - the way Treyarch in W@W and in earlier Black Ops maps used to just take multiplayer or campaign maps and rehash them into a zombies map - in W@W Nacht was a bunker from Airfield, Verruckt was Asylum, Shi No Numa was Semper Fi, Der Riese was Nightfire, and the trend for rehashing continued in Black Ops.

I proposed an idea in the thread that since zombies has become so popular, that more zombies maps should be released per DLC, and what with the fact that a lot of people still prefer the old style maps without all the quests, building, zombie bosses and other stuff (hence why The Giant proved popular even with people that had never played Der Reise), maybe one elaborate map and one basic rehash map might be an idea?

Anyhow, if you could pick any map from either the campaign, multiplayer or Nightmares, which would it be? Bare in mind, some of these maps are huge and the back-to-basics map needn't be, so picking out a particular portion (or even a few portions meshed together) would be necessary.

I haven't thought of any ideas yet haha, but I'll chip in once I have!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Nuketown already was a zombie map, so I'll vote for Infection. If you zombify this map you get a creepy, old ww2 styled village, and I think that is great for zombies. Also, I wonder what happens when you zombify Redwood. Not a real zombie map but I think thats cool though, we never had a creepy forrest as zombie map.

From Black Ops 3 I'd say Combine Exodus and Hunted. Two of the biggest maps in the game, and I think they could make some really neat locations with some fine tuning.

Black Ops 2, I think Aftermath should've been the location of TranZit instead of a country side. Maybe just expanded slightly, along with an underground area, and I think that could've been a fan favourite map. Cove is what I want the Island map in DLC 2 to be based off. Of course the island should be bigger, it should have a big facility. But I want to see the beach, the ocean, the sunny sky. And Cove has all these qualitys.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never played multi player, although Nuketown zombies was pretty epic. 

There was this mission I saw at a friends house where you go down in some old and forgotten spiral cave system. I think it's where the storyline robot zombies kick in. On first glance it already looked like a zombies map in a way. A bit like the Canal district for some reason. I'd like to play that. 

I think hijacked could work as a zombies map, except in the zombies version, the boat starts with a leak, and it gradually sinks as the rounds progress. Not sure how it would work though.

High rise could also work. We already had that kind of map with die rise but it could have had more verticality to it (at least double the height it was). I want to fight zombies on cranes and window ledges to get that feeling that I'm high above a big city. 

I definitely want Rust and Estate from MW2, Castle from WaW, Hanoi and Kowloon from Black Ops. I think there could be some good stories made with them too. Rust could easily be a Divinium excavation site, Estate could be just an important house really, Castle could be linked to the Emperor and we could even see him in the map, Hanoi would be so awesome for them to do as a 935 installation (Kustober Posten?) and Kowloon is like Chinese Rooftops, so maybe it could explain the N4 better and be an in between map for Die Rise and Buried.