Playing offline Un-Ranked requires all 4 Bows during Main Quest

After playing quite a few games today (4) where every time only 1 Bow had been Upgraded, I was required to need all 4, during the step with the Keeper once you've placed the "Golden Rod".

Also thanx to @DaveLo07 for pretty much confirming, if you play Offline, Local, and Un-Ranked. Completing the Main Quest will require you to Upgrade all 4 Bows.

So in attempting to complete the Main Quest for Der Eisendrache, I can get as far as where you Summon the Keeper.

My question is, did Treyarch patch it where on Solo your required to have all 4 Bows Upgraded in order to complete this phase, or is it because I'm doing something wrong.

Often times I place the Stone Tablet into the slot before the Keeper gets to this point where your supposed to place it. Could this be a possibility why it's messing up.

_________

*Mods I'll remove this post if this has already been discussed elsewhere.*

Edited by Ragdo11706

If you are on the keeper part, as long as you have an upgraded bow, it should work.  Usually there is a hue of color surround the screen which lets multiplayers know which bow is up.  Being that it is just you, the only color the keepers will display is the bow you have equipped.  I would suggest that you do not make all the bows, seeings how I never do, and I have no problems getting to the Keeper Fight.  The only problem I face is not having Ragornarks charged up in time and dying as a result.  Hope this helps, I don't see whay you are having an issue, as long as the stone is in place, you should be good to go.

Note that you have to kill with the bow.... on ps4 you can do it on solo...

Double Check if you really get the stone and put it in? the first time I forgot to put it in and thought the game glitched out... 

Off topic @Ragdo11706...how you get the map? I mean ..i always read that you doesnt have internet...

@Ragdo11706 I assume you have downloaded the map pack and are now playing offline again? I have had no issues myself, but have heard that all 4 bows need to be upgraded in order to complete the easter egg offline or in non-ranked games, regardless of how many players in game.

As @JJMFP said, there is a hue of colour around the screen when doing the keeper step which corresponds to which bow needs to be used. The storm and wolf bows both have a turquoise/blue glow, the fire red and the void bow purple. So when you get to that step, if the colour around the edge of the screen does not match the only bow you have upgraded, the issue is needing all 4 bows. If the colour matches but no souls are being collected, the issue is something else.

@Nieno69

I have a friend, every DLC that's released, she lets me bring my XBone to her house and DL it.

________

@JJMFP @DaveLo07

Thanks for the response. 

Yea Dave that's correct. I was afraid this may actually be the case. I've gotten to this phase a few different times and every time I was holding the correct Bow, except for the last game, which sucks because I was on Round 9 and needed the damn Fire Bow.

That's a pretty shitty thing for Treyarch to do, I don't see what difference it really makes. Unless there's been another update since then where this was fixed, in which case I'm F****D until the next DLC.

One thing I have noticed, is getting Widows Wine isn't too terribly hard, if you have 0 Perks or just Jugg, the chances in obtaining it are far greater then when you have 2 & 3 Perks. One thing I noticed that is weird is the bottle it's in is White.

I also noticed the Wunderfiz does have the Lightning showing you the location of the Machine. I asked this question when the map first come out and everyone said it wasn't in D.E. needless to say, glad to see it is.

• Administrators

Did you make sure to re-do the wisp step before you activated the charging step? @Hells Warrrior and I made the mistake of whizzing past rounds trying to charge the Keeper only to find out we didn't do the wisp step a second time. 

Also, make sure to do it PRIOR before you even begin the Keeper step. Trust me - those Hellhounds will be the bane of your existence.

2 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@Nieno69

I have a friend, every DLC that's released, she lets me bring my XBone to her house and DL it.

________

@JJMFP @DaveLo07

Thanks for the response. 

Yea Dave that's correct. I was afraid this may actually be the case. I've gotten to this phase a few different times and every time I was holding the correct Bow, except for the last game, which sucks because I was on Round 9 and needed the damn Fire Bow.

That's a pretty shitty thing for Treyarch to do, I don't see what difference it really makes. Unless there's been another update since then where this was fixed, in which case I'm F****D until the next DLC.

One thing I have noticed, is getting Widows Wine isn't too terribly hard, if you have 0 Perks or just Jugg, the chances in obtaining it are far greater then when you have 2 & 3 Perks. One thing I noticed that is weird is the bottle it's in is White.

I also noticed the Wunderfiz does have the Lightning showing you the location of the Machine. I asked this question when the map first come out and everyone said it wasn't in D.E. needless to say, glad to see it is.

Every time I have it solo, I only use one bow. I NEVER upgrade any of the others.

3 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Did you make sure to re-do the wisp step before you activated the charging step? @Hells Warrrior and I made the mistake of whizzing past rounds trying to charge the Keeper only to find out we didn't do the wisp step a second time. 

Also, make sure to do it PRIOR before you even begin the Keeper step. Trust me - those Hellhounds will be the bane of your existence.

I did, I went back and grabbed the "Stone Tablet" before I even picked up the "Golden Rod". Even still once I summoned the Keeper, the Hell Hounds still spawned infinitely.

I was just now playing and I got to the Wisp step on Round 3, I used the Rocket Pad trick. Needless to say, if I want to complete this Quest, looks like @DaveLo07 was correct, and I'm going to be upgrading all 4 Bows (haha F**K that).

@JJMFP

Trust me I did (only Upgrade 1 Bow) I didn't even activate the Quest for any of the other 3. Seems that since I play Offline, Local, Un-Ranked. I'm stuck having to upgrade all 4, which I find rather redundant considering online you only need 1.

@Ragdo11706

That is quite strange.  Is it possible that Treyarch intended this EE to be done with 4 people.  I know that it has been a common argument from the fans that they would like to see more "COTD" EE.  Ones that can be done singularly.  Do you belive that this could be the case then?  And if so, how the hell are you planning on taking it on?  Let me know how you fare.

On 3/16/2016 at 4:19 PM, JJMFP said:

@Ragdo11706

That is quite strange.  Is it possible that Treyarch intended this EE to be done with 4 people.  I know that it has been a common argument from the fans that they would like to see more "COTD" EE.  Ones that can be done singularly.  Do you belive that this could be the case then?  And if so, how the hell are you planning on taking it on?  Let me know how you fare.

So if you play Online or even Offline but in a Ranked game, you will only be required the # of Bows to the amount of people. Playing an Unranked game, or in my case with no internet, Offline-Local. You are required to use all 4 Bows being that people can "Jump" in & out if your game. I really feel this is something Treyarch needs to fix for someone in a situation like me.

________

I can Upgrade all 4 Bows on Round 3, no problem. The problem is how Danny long this actually takes. Every bit of 4 hours at least, I end up with roughly 750 kills on Round 3. 24 Zombies every 5 minutes waiting in the damn Rocket to launch. You do the math.

Another thing that is RIDICULOUS, is on Solo not being able to "Bind" to all 4 Quests. Even if I shoot the "Wolf Skull" from the Spawn, when I'm down there, filing the "Urn" for the Strom Bow, I cannot pick the Skull up.

________

So far I've been able to make it to the "Keeper Boss" 3 times & every time I've died in a stupid way. I'm trying once again, but I'm telling you, once you place the Golden Rod, it becomes ridiculously Hard. Even on Round 6, having to find the right Circle then go get the Correct Bow. Shit is wack A.F.

@Ragdo11706

I feel for you!!!  I wonder if it will do the same to me on my local even if I do have internet.  Not really sure I want to find out though.  So this should put you around 10-15 rounds for the keeper fight right?  Perseverance will be key, just hope you are not still trying to complete it after the new map drops.  Maybe when you got to download the new map packs, you can give me a shout on Playstaion and take and hour and a half to do it with me.  That is, unless you rock the Xbox more.:NAWAK: 

@Ragdo11706 That does sound like a pain in the ass, I hate waiting on the rocket test full stop. What strategy are you using for the keeper boss fight? I found that the charged bow shots don't do enough damage to the keeper on solo, meaning you have to recharge the ragnarok at the 2nd and 3rd phases of the battle.

Do you have access to all the classic gobblegums playing offline? If so, danger closest and death and taxes make things much easier solo. You can then be liberal with bow ammo against panzers, skeletons and dogs, and damage the keeper enough each time with death and taxes to not need to recharge the ragnarok. 1st and 2nd phase of the battle the keeper will take about 10/12 shots from death and taxes, 3rd phase is somewhere between 18/24 so speed cola helps and having monkey bombs means you can focus fire on the keepers chest each time without worrying about taking damage.

@JJMFP

Currently the XBone, that's only because I had no idea at the time Activision would sign with Sony. I do like the Xbox Controller more so than the PlayStations.

@DaveLo07

I currently use the Strategy consisting of Storm Bow, PaP Drakon, & Monkeys. As well as the Danger Closest Gobble Gum.

The first time I forgot to grab a shield before I went in. The second I believe the Keeper killed me by spawning over me, and using those damn Skulls, how do you deal with these?!?! I also wasn't running Q.R.

_______

So I'm back, once agian. Hopefully this time will be the one, as it's only Round 13. This is also the First time I've entered the Arena with Widows Wine, so I'm feeling kinda lucky. Jugg, Double Tap 2.0, & Stamin-Up, close out the list.

I will report back and let you guys know, how it all goes down.

• 4 years later...