MOTD Cell Ciphers

Shootinfish

This from what i can understand is not a subject mentioned much for various reasons and i want to set the record straight for ptg even though they had there terrible attempt at the adfgx cipher things change people come and go life goes on bla bla bla

Now there not going to release how they done it which is stopping work on the adfgx because we cant validate there work or use any of the info in it
So i suggest we as a community attempt to decode these ciphers and i dont think its an easy task but ptg have done it so shout out to them but its time we found the solution and transcribed the plaintext so we can move on with the adfgx and others.

The devs are not going to confirm or deny that the cipher has been solved as far as i can understand which i think is ok so i have to accept PTG descision and whoever else has solved these cell ciphers to not disclose the method of decryption

This goes out to all the community not just codz as threads ,theorys ee etc move around from place to place like people

I have some theorys on decryption but i thought i put it out there and see if anyone wants to start again or maybe convince me that its not worth it we dont need it and things are fine as they are

Please dont pollute this thread with negative vibes think of double rainbows unicorns and all that shiz biz

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Shootinfish

These are confirmed to be a "Hill Cipher". @MrRoflWaffles decoded this in a Skype chat just before Der Eisendrache was released but didn't have enough time to make a video on it. 

The video from PTG and their deciphered message is correct. The comment from @DrazHD has all 4 deciphered messages. (On my phone so can't copy his text)

Confirmed Hill Cipher. 

Perhaps yourself, @certainpersonio or @Nieno69 could decide it here in this thread. 

@PINNAZ That's cool I haven't said the plaintext isn't real I just saying I need to solve it and eliminate any clues associated with that cipher its also a new cipher for me to learn and its been interesting learning about matrixs.

To me there are some cryptic unexplained things in motd that may help in finding the alphabet in the adfgx cipher which I want to work on but I cant until I get this cipher out the way I was just looking for help as finding the alphabet key is not easy being it has 41 uniques

If the mods want to lock this that's fine a haven't got a problem with it  

51 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

@Shootinfish

These are confirmed to be a "Hill Cipher". @MrRoflWaffles decoded this in a Skype chat just before Der Eisendrache was released but didn't have enough time to make a video on it. 

The video from PTG and their deciphered message is correct. The comment from @DrazHD has all 4 deciphered messages. (On my phone so can't copy his text)

Confirmed Hill Cipher. 

Perhaps yourself, @certainpersonio or @Nieno69 could decide it here in this thread. 

I find it kinda... "ironic"... that they were right this time around.

Proof's in the pudding.

Confirmation that the MOTD Cell Ciphers are encrypted with a mod41 Hill Cipher using the "MOBOFTHEDEADABCD" 4x4 matrix located on the loading screen. To decrypt you need to use an inverse mod41 matrix, which can be generated here. See attached spreadsheet for cipher text as well as decryption. 

This was a team effort by @Shootinfish, @vigiliisgaming, and myself. Plus a big thank you @PINNAZ for confirming it was with the "MOBOFTHEDEADABCD" matrix. Definitely prevented us from running down to many rabbit holes when it didn't work immediately.

Mob of the Dead Cell Cipher Solution.xlsx

This is cool i hope with have this run with the other ciphers.I think an important lesson can be learned here and its like pinnaz says and its only full marks when you show how you done it.This not only validates the information but gives others the chance to learn.

I dont agree what PTG did with it and hope they dont think that it was a smart move for the community as a whole to release data without validiating it and im not talking about theories, thats for the user to decide if they want to believe or not im talking about game content

Im not aggravating old wounds im just getting things straightened out

Contrary to popular opinon game content is for everyone who is interested and it isnt goldrush landrights massacare that it has become where you get a first and suddenly you own the rights to anything to do with it.

Im not saying i dont agree with youtube and social media making content out of games i just dont like the unhealthy element that plagues it and sometimes swamps the community 

Basicly bad content offenders need to wise up and people who watch it need to stop eating crappy sandwiches and think about what they are watching

I also like to say that a lot of people are interested in the ciphers but only a small part of the community are having fun cracking them which is a shame.I would like to do more to make the ciphers accessable to everyone who has a keen interest in learning and hopefully expand the cracking community i hope others feel this way too..

I only picked up on the ciphers a couple of months ago and now I'm understanding a lot more including maths I thought I would never learn and i come from a poorly educated background so if I can help so can others, its something to think about anyway..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived