Why can't all ps4 accounts access the dlc gobblegum?

This really frustrates me! My brother downloaded the season pass and awakening DLC, and he got the new gobblegums, but I didn't. As far as I'm aware, how it works is that whoever downloads the dlc gets the four new gobblegum, but other accounts don't. They still get the maps.

I just cannot understand why they would make it like this. Why the hell should they only be available to the owner of the dlc? Nobody seems to care about this anymore, but I know I'm not the only one thinking it. Treyarch/activision have responded to some people discussing it weeks ago, but they simply said "some parts of the dlc will only be available to the account that owns the DLC/season pass". I think they owe us an explanation as to why they did this. Even if they don't change it, it's better than them staying silent about it. 

There has got to be others who feel the same way. Sorry for the long rant but it really bothers me, probably more than it should.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want them, you could purchase them on your account. If your brother bought a sandwich, would you get a free sandwich? No. You could have the plastic wrap if you wanted it, but you couldn't eat the sandwich. He bought the maps for the game, so now you can play on them. The maps are part of the game itself. Your account is packaged in it. Your account doesn't have the rights to use the GGs because you didn't buy the DLC. You have the plastic wrap left over from your brother's sandwich, but you still haven't bought a sandwich.

Have you tried making your PS4 your Primary Console? 

I found this after a few minutes perusing the Internet: "On the console, go to Settings > PSN > Activate as your Primary PS4. At the Sony Website you can sign in and hit the Activate a Device button."

I don't have a PS4 so I don't know much about the system, but give it a try and if it doesn't work, try contacting Sony support.

I tried activating my account as the primary one and deactivated his but he's the one with ps plus so all it does is stop me from being able to go online because the account with plus is now a secondary one. When plus expires I'll try to renew it on my account and then make mine the primary. When dlc 2 comes out I'll then be the one to download it, and see if I get the new gobblegum. When we bought the season pass we split it 50 50 so the fairest way (if possible) would be if I got 8, and he got the other 8. 

Just seems weird that they would give all accounts the maps but not the gobblegum.

• Tech Admin
21 hours ago, M16 EPIC said:

If you want them, you could purchase them on your account. If your brother bought a sandwich, would you get a free sandwich? No. You could have the plastic wrap if you wanted it, but you couldn't eat the sandwich. He bought the maps for the game, so now you can play on them. The maps are part of the game itself. Your account is packaged in it. Your account doesn't have the rights to use the GGs because you didn't buy the DLC. You have the plastic wrap left over from your brother's sandwich, but you still haven't bought a sandwich.

Although I understand your point, it's not exactly helpful.

The fact remains that the PS4 and Xbox are sold as all you need is one PSN or Live account and all other accounts get access to the online service etc.That means DLC from games and games themselves, this is something programmed in by Treyarch/Activision and it makes no sense to supply the maps to non PSN users but not supply DLC gobblegum.

Why would someone buy a map that they have access to, just for gobblegum DLC - that's like putting a new perk in the game but not being able to use as you have not bought the map that you are playing.

It's a nonsensical piece of programming restrictions.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe these ones are not THAT good, but future dlc will probably have them and they could be good, but we won't be able to use them. I was hoping the gobblegum update would change this but no. Who's to say they won't do this with other zombie stuff too? Potentially remastered maps, weapon dlc, they could do the same thing and then be completely silent about it hoping that no one will notice.

• 3 months later...
On Sunday, March 06, 2016 at 4:21 PM, M16 EPIC said:

But a secondary account on ps4 cannot buy dlc nor is it allowed to other major console features. Because It is tied to a single Playstation plus account to actually play online.so if my brother bought a sandwich he couldn't digest it?

I have the same issue, since like a week after a major update, i've lost all my dlc gobblegums. And come on treyarch! Seriously i'm a fan for years now... why would you take away what i've already had in my possesion? Not cool...do i have to buy everything again? to get acces to gobblegums i already owned a lot of just because i use gameshare and 50/50 all my games on XboxOne. If thats the case i will file a negative comment against treyarch and they lose therselfes due to commerce and monneymaking.

2 minutes ago, WEvolve said:

I have the same issue, since like a week after a major update, i've lost all my dlc gobblegums. And come on treyarch! Seriously i'm a fan for years now... why would you take away what i've already had in my possesion? Not cool...do i have to buy everything again? to get acces to gobblegums i already owned a lot of just because i use gameshare and 50/50 all my games on XboxOne. If thats the case i will file a negative comment against treyarch and they lose therselfes due to commerce and monneymaking.

" i'm a huge fan of the zombies series, and if i have to buy the game again or the entire mappacks seasonpass i will. Even if i do gameshare and split the costs on games with my best friend. Believe me i will but for F*ck sakes treyarch let me know...and don't let me waste a lot of time to figure out why i got F*cked

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah like they don't make enough money already, they have to sit down and think of any other possible way to be greedy assholes, well hope it was worth it guys, because you won't be seeing one more cent of my money on principle alone, hope all the greed was worth it, and to think, I almost spent money simply because I thought it was so cool you could do the whole sharing thing, and I wanted to support the developers, I'm sure glad I didn't now that they've shown their true colors. Boy they probably fit right in with Xbox and their whole non sharing they originally wanted to do, this kind of shit is why the world is so fucked up...STOP BEING GREEDY YOU FRACKING A-HOLES!!!!!

1 hour ago, FUCKTREYARCH said:

Yeah like they don't make enough money already, they have to sit down and think of any other possible way to be greedy assholes, well hope it was worth it guys, because you won't be seeing one more cent of my money on principle alone, hope all the greed was worth it, and to think, I almost spent money simply because I thought it was so cool you could do the whole sharing thing, and I wanted to support the developers, I'm sure glad I didn't now that they've shown their true colors. Boy they probably fit right in with Xbox and their whole non sharing they originally wanted to do, this kind of shit is why the world is so fucked up...STOP BEING GREEDY YOU FRACKING A-HOLES!!!!!

I admit, it is frustrating, but this seems a tad excessive. And to be fair, this was a decision of Activision and Sony, not Treyarch. The announcement came from Sony/Playstation. I don't think there is anyone saying that Activision isn't money hungry, and they want as much money that they can squeeze out of Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer Games. If you were going to start boycotting, I would have thought it would be because of the COD points (Liquid Divinium and Cryptokeys).

Archived