Solo Tips

Hells Warrrior

• Tech Admin

So if you are playing a solo game, you are looking to get setup early. One of the best ways to get points is to use the the tram switch on round 1 before killing any zombies.

If you are lucky, you'll spawn a double points drop, this helps with opening the doors and keeping as many zombies alive as possible.

Uf anyone has any other tips, please share.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to buy the KRM shotgun off the wall. Early rounds one shot kill and cheap at 750 points. Also, I prefer to head out of the spawn room though the right side door (the door which leads outside to the bridge with the anti gravity canisters). I find that way easier IMO and there's plenty of room to train.

1 hour ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Why buy the shotgun straight out the bat? Why not retain points and maximise the legs shot points? (8 hits to the leg and one knife)? You can knife til round 3 or 4 if you run out of ammo, less points with one hit kills.

I see this advise a lot but what I personally do is ensure all shots hit at lease two zombies, if not more. I nearly always use all my bullets from the pistol so I aim to maximize the value of each bullet.

• Administrators

If you need a weapon at the start, consider using the Shieva. Granted, it sucks. But it forces you to do headshots (which will maximize your points excluding melee kills).

Try taking the left side from spawn to get the map going instead of the right. The left has more rook in the upper courtyard to hold down while racking up points, easier access to an even better camping spot (top staircase of lab room), and generally better weapons available along the way. It prevents random spawns for the most part, as the areas will have more baricades that are easy to recognize.

• Tech Admin
9 hours ago, nayrcraig said:

I see this advise a lot but what I personally do is ensure all shots hit at lease two zombies, if not more. I nearly always use all my bullets from the pistol so I aim to maximize the value of each bullet.

I've tried both, 4 to 6 hits each zombie, from the initial first round spawn. You'll always end up with more points with 8 hits to the legs and then knife (between 1700 and 1800 roughly) - if you get a double points from the gondola, jamming.

I opened a thread like 2 Weeks ago... 

The Starting of the game should be call in the gondola and let all zombies join the map (dont kill them inside the Windows because they could drop a Power-up in the first round) 

Dont get the shotgun if you want a fast gameplay (get the pistol or the other starting room wallgun or the l-car) so you can shot and melee kill till you get the bow

If you play solo do all the "starting" upgrade steps where you dont need to kill any zombies - so you later dont waste time try to melee kill Zombies for the void bow in higher rounds..

You can do the first two step of the storm bow without teleport to thr rocket pad area.... (Tried myself before but dont hit the right spot...but after I seen it in a live stream it totally works - so you Safe at least 1000 points...)

To get crawlers for the void bow dont try to get it with grenades... do an uncharged bow Hit with the wolf or fire bow - they only lose their legs about round 13-15 (works every time at my gameplay)

to get the trophy meisterbogenschütze you can do the easter egg with 4 Players - but if you have to play with randoms who dont know the steps do it on solo

I upgrade them in this line:

Storm -wolf -fire /void -void/fire

Storm and Wolf are the easiest...fire can be expensive and void time consuming

You can all do about round 20 (include the ee)

Dont get alchemical anthithesis to the Boss battle - you dont get points so the gg dont work (learned it the hard way and Run out of ammo)

I suggest: Cache back or head drama.... you only need the storm bow to do it on solo - the other weapon could be the Starting pistol 

If you take the left route and make your way trough the game.... you need 750-1000-1250-1500

It is the same amount of points you need to get the Power on - but you need more kills to Fill the dragons because you get the first dragon after 3000 points - the right Route you get the dragon at 1750 points... So if you want a litte "challange" go the left Route....

If you want to rank up your weapons fast Camp with the storm bow - after the shot switch to the other weapon and kill the Zombies which are mid air - the kill count towards your weapon (use Camping spots like quick revive room or between the two gondolas...)

for a solo tip don't try to rush things. just take it slow for the starting rounds, i usually go down early for tryna get things done too quickly or not concentrating because wanna just upgrade the bows quickly. do the electric bow first it makes it way easier to upgrade the other bows.

the electric bows splash damage will help when doing the fire bow when shooting the 3 circles in mid-air. if camping alchemical antithesis is always useful as it is pretty much 2 free max ammo with a minute of unlimited shots.

build the shield asap to help with feeding the dragons as it covers your back well, especially when doing the shots for the electric bow.

hope this helps

i'm definitely gonna try camping between the two gondolas, never tried that but quick revive is a very good spot to camp, also in the church on the stairway is another great spot

Try to have an electric bow before the second panzer round, and then train in the underground area. I got to round 40 easily and only died because I got cocky on an instakill. Could have gone for longer.

There are also some excellent camping spots, including the quick revive room (providing you don't open the door to the left), spawn, the prison cell next to jug. Training is better IMO because camping will drain your ammo much quicker.

My approach on a solo game is this (NOTE - Editing this as my strategy is now a bit different, got to 101 playing it like this):

Get Perkaholic ASAP - got all the perks, no need to splash out for more in the coming rounds and the Widow's Wine knife kills quick, so a pistol/knife combo will remain effective for several rounds to come and make you a load of points. Everyone should have at least one Perkaholic in their arsenal, what with the ability to save it by closing the game if you die and all ;) If not possible, get Jugg, QR, DT and a park of your choice.

Get the shield ASAP - good for covering your back if a sneaky zombie creeps up on you while you're busy doing a bow upgrade step.

Get both the storm bow ASAP - you may also choose to get the wolf bow available for high round running, I personally didn't bother.

Get the KRM and the HVK off the walls - the KRM is mainly for the Panzer and the HVK for early round camping, insta-kills and for later round training. Upgrade both ASAP and get Dead Wire on both (more on this later).

Get the Ragnarok ASAP. You can use the gravity spikes effect to get out of trouble.

Camp with the storm bow in the room before the power room where the Gobblegum machine is - there are two gates, the one closest to the church/computer room should be closed, and I keep my back to the gate with all the zombies coming from the front. Very fast camping strategy and you'll fly through the rounds. Hit the GG machine at the end of each round where needed to ensure you have two alchemicals ready to use!

On Panzer rounds, you're very close to the Death Ray. If the Panzer is potentially coming next round, then at the end of the current round go up the stairs through the power room and wait near the doorway, staying inside. If he does spawn he'll always drop down just outside, so he's right there before the zombies spawn all over you. Run straight to the Death Ray as he's landing abd turn it on. Get a clear shot of his core with the KRM. Even into the 100s you can still take him down before the trap stops if you get close, though obviously for this to apply you'll need double tap and it helps if you have upgrades on your KRM. If you don't manage to kill him (you really should, but if not), hot-foot it through the power room and loop the map while the 60 second recharge time for the Death Ray passes, then hit it for a second time to finish off the Panzer. Alternatively, if he doesn't die on the first trap usage and you have Monkeys, you can throw a monkey to distract the zombies, plant the Ragnarok in front of him to trap him and finish him off.

If he doesn't come, whip out the Ragnarok and use the slam effect (right trigger on your controller) to clear the path as you go back down the stairs to your camping spot.

Some people say camping isn't ammo efficient but you'd have to be extremely unlucky to not make it to 50 without any ammo issues, if you have either an Alchemical or even a Max Ammo Gobblegum then they'll top you up in a time of need and you now have the option to hit the gum machine multiple times if you're in a pinch. The rounds go so much faster camping with the electric bow and in general it's actually safer too.

If I run out of ammo on the storm bow and I haven't coaxed an ammo gumball out of the machine then I use the Ragnarok to clear a path to the Death Ray to run trains, optionally replacing the storm bow with the wolf bow first and then using the wolf bow to clear a path if it gets blocked, and using Dead Wire to kill the groups. Dead Wire used to suck but an update has seen it upgraded to kill up to 9 or 10 zombies per shot, AND it recharges in around 5 seconds! So I bang off a shot every 5 seconds from either the HVK or the KRM to activate Dead Wire, taking out several zombies every 5 seconds, forcing respawners rather than waiting for full groups and overall making for a much faster strategy than using Blast Furnace on full groups. If I manage to get an ammo gumball or I reach a dog round then I get back to the camping spot - get the storm bow back if you traded it out!

That's pretty much it I think!

Free Max ammos - Most players going for a solo high round upgrade the storm bow and the wolf bow. If you fully upgrade the storm bow, and complete the upgrade quest for the wolf bow without placing the arrow to collect souls (wolf bow upgrade can be completed with the upgraded storm bow, no need to switch back to wrath of the ancients) you can wait until ammo is low later in game and then place the arrow for a max ammo. Charged shots with the storm bow will still easily fill the souls to upgrade the second bow at this point anyway. Potentially could be done with all bows to give 3 free max ammos when needed.

Another good tip for alchemical antithesis is to make sure you refill all the bows you have built in the game each time you use it, if necessary. It's easier to do this mid round. When you need to activate alchemical antithesis for storm bow ammo, bail out of your camp spot and head to the anti gravity room. I like to refill storm first, the spawn rate is fast down here so I would imagine 60 seconds would be enough time to refill all the bows if needed.

I also like to keep the panzer claws for later rounds. I tend to run 4 perks and don't use double tap, so it is harder to take out the panzers with my secondary weapon in later rounds. As long as you have the storm bow and monkeys, the panzer claws can be an easy way to take out the stronger panzers quickly in later rounds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not moving the box means no firesales, which leaves 1 less drop in the cycle, increasing the chance of max ammos.  If you also play in an area where there are 3 or less windows active, you won't get carpenters either.

The rocket site teleporter area and inside the power room are examples of this.

Ahhh thanks I derped out on that one. Never knew about the three window thing, although training in the power room may prove to be... difficult.

Also, back in Call of the Dead there was a rumor that electrified zombies had an increased chance of getting a max ammo as well, does this mean you get more with the lightning bow than with other bows? 

3 minutes ago, Koslans said:

Ahhh thanks I derped out on that one. Never knew about the three window thing, although training in the power room may prove to be... difficult.

Also, back in Call of the Dead there was a rumor that electrified zombies had an increased chance of getting a max ammo as well, does this mean you get more with the lightning bow than with other bows? 

To answer your question, no. The electrified zombies IIRC are just more annoying. And you dont train in the power room, I think Chopper was referring to the camping strategies normally employed.

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Not moving the box means no firesales, which leaves 1 less drop in the cycle, increasing the chance of max ammos.  If you also play in an area where there are 3 or less windows active, you won't get carpenters either.

I get Carpenters in the clocktower - there are 3 Windows active but more spawn points for zombies....They spawn from the window directly in the tower itself and the two Windows at the stair...  but sure more spawn points for zombies  -pretty sure the window near the gg machine is not active and only one or two of the windows can get a Barrier  ... is there Proof about that?

but nice hint with the firesale...never noticed this

@Nieno69 find roxwrong on twitch and see his 211 game. Not sure exact round but thats pretty close. From what Steve and Scottie were saying you can go all the way to the death ray without activating windows. You go down the stairs at all or out the other door and they are active again.

Wooooohhh nature boy!

Finally I have made D.E. my B***H.

This was a perfect game from the start. I got monkeys on the first Box hit. I received Widows Wine on the 2nd use of Der Wunderfizz, therefore I didn't run Q.R. & was able to run Double Tap, Stamin-Up, & Jugg.

And all I can say, is thank GOD for the "Flaming Turd Smasher" ;-D Why I never took 5mins out of my life before to get this thing, I will never know. 

I used Danger Closest, the Bahamut, & the Storm Bow (Obviously). I also remembered to actually throw my damn Monkeys this time.

I will say, this is by far the hardest Side Quest of the series. All though if I had internet, I highly doubt it would've taken me this long.

IMAG1840.thumb.jpg.7d9a0b3216c8fd38b8a80

On Friday, April 01, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Chopper said:

I've had carpenters in the power room mate, am I doing something wrong?

On 1/04/2016 at 2:35 AM, Chopper said:

you won't get carpenters either.

The carpenter thing, maybe there is a use for this bubble gum after all... lol

We trialed this strategy but from what i have witnessed the spawns are too slow at the rocket with a team so we ended up wasting too much ammo compared to other strats, maybe solo works better idk.

the power room strat..., which door do you keep shut to avoid carpenter?

Archived