I miss simplicity.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I wanted to buy CotD this eve, but you made me doubt again. Whats the reason why you like Ascension more and what does it have what other maps dont have? Or perhaps I just have to buy them both... And that story about Takeo and the monkey ?

Haha! Ascension has some of the most legendary roundup areas of any map released to date, an awesome cool EE, more traps than Carter's got little pills, an awesome atmosphere, a legendary getaway option and an overall great map layout. And it may have space monkeys, but when you figger out how to manage them, they are defeatable. Claymores, spread fire weapons and smart use of the traps. 

Besides, CotD has George. No one in their right mind has forgiven Treyarch for him. lol

CotD is reminiscent of Verruckt in terms of training routes and circular map layout. 

What you really need is Rezurrection if you don't have it already. But in the end...you need all BO1. Best. Maps. 

Dempsey also jokes about Richtofen doing some... erm... unsanitary things with the Monkey Bomb as well. Mainly why I miss the old crew. So full of crass and jokes about each other. 

As for Call of the Dead, I love the map. It's large, there a great training spots, and the Easter Egg was awesome My only real gripe with the map is when George Romaro shouts, which slows you down and speeds the zombies up.

If you're looking  someone to play with, I'd love to (of course only have only if you have an Xbox 360).

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Damn doubts, I dont know what to choose anymore. Right now I really want to play Ascension but yesterday it was Call of the Dead. I think I'll wait some time and think about it for some time. @Doppelgänger I got a Xbox 360, and I would love to play with you. We could play together with @XPG Richthofen and @Dopey Legend, since I know their GT and played with them too. I'll sent you my GT and perhaps we could play some Shi No Numa tonight (or an other map if you want).

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Dempsey also jokes about Richtofen doing some... erm... unsanitary things with the Monkey Bomb as well. Mainly why I miss the old crew. So full of crass and jokes about each other. 

As  Call of  Dead, I love the map. It's large, there a great training spots. And the Easter Egg was awesome My only real gripe with the map is when George Romaro shouts, which slows you down and speeds the zombies up.

If you're looking  someone to play with, I'd love to (of course only have only if you have an Xbox 360).

Yep. If it weren't for George. I like it now because I learned it after a week gritting my teeth and trying to do the solo EE, but if I may give one piece of advice, @anonymous - never trust the box in CotD. Use wall weapons. MP-40 and AK74-u. Once you're all comf and settled in, then go for the box if you feel adventurous. But it can't be trusted any further than you can throw it. (Not you as in the controller of the MPD, but you as in...you...anyhoo...nerd jokes.)

Same, as DG said. I'm always happy to help with BO1 maps on 360. HMU if you need a #4, I'm NaBrZHunter everywhere. Heh Heh. Didn't have to fight for that name. I'm even the first result on Google, I think. lol! Anyhoo...

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Yep. If it weren't for George. I like it now because I learned it after a week gritting my teeth and trying to do the solo EE, but if I may give one piece of advice, @anonymous - never trust the box in CotD. Use wall weapons. MP-40 and AK74-u. Once you're all comf and settled in, then go for the box if you feel adventurous. But it can't be trusted any further than you can throw it. (Not you as in the controller of the MPD, but you as in...you...anyhoo...nerd jokes.)

Same, as DG said. I'm always happy to help with BO1 maps on 360. HMU if you need a #4, I'm NaBrZHunter everywhere. Heh Heh. Didn't have to fight for that name. I'm even the first result on Google, I think. lol! Anyhoo...

Didnt knew you have a 360 too, mate. BTW I already bought Rezurrection.

1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I agree, mp40 and ak74u all the way, unless you're careful and can get to the sickle early on (like round 4 or 5) which is entirely possible

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shirtlesservice said:

I agree, mp40 and ak74u all the way, unless you're careful and can get to the sickle early on (like round 4 or 5) which is entirely possible

That sickle, thats some kind of bowie knife, right? Till what round is it 1 punch 1 kill?

On 3/7/2016 at 11:08 AM, Doppelgänger said:

It all depends on your preferences and what kind of maps you like. Have you done some research on them? Both of them are really good maps. Both setting and gameplay-wise as well as their size. There are a number of really good spots to train zombies if you're going for high rounds and the Wonder Weapons on both maps are really cool. Both have very intricate Easter Eggs (however Call of the Dead's EE can be done on solo). If you're asking for my opinion, I honestly couldn't decide out of the two of them to be completely honest.

They both can be done Solo.  I have been to the end with no problems by round 20.

12 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

You can't do Ascension's Easter Egg on solo. It's only possible with a mod on PC. 

Yeah, your right.  For some reason I was thinking Der Eisendrache.  My apologies, and I thoroughly read this entire thread.  

In my opinion, I love COTD for the easter egg and difficulty.  If you want simple and fun, I got to ascension.  That is my high round favorite.  Try to Pack before round eight was a fun challenge on solo.  Both maps are classics and rival any map to date.  I seriously hope they drop a DLC for PS4 that gives us all the maps.   

I think it's silly that Zombies has become such a huge part of Treyarch CoD games, yet we still only get ONE zombie map per DLC and we get several multiplayer maps. Why can the zombies team not spend the large portion of their time on a new, huge map, jam-packed with features, and separate a little time to make a re-hash of a multiplayer map, zombify it with the basics like perk machines, PaP, box, boss rounds and a wonderweapon and/or traps, like they did with the classic maps, even if it had no link to the story and is purely just for the gameplay. Maybe even chip off a bit of time spent on the various multiplayer maps and use that time to make these back-to-basics survival maps - what with them being pretty basic and basically half-built already, it's not going to take them months on end at this point. After all, Zombies mode is a huge selling point of their games and if they did this then they might draw back some of the veteran players who gave up on the game mode because they preferred the simplicity and survival element.

I too am a fan of the simplicity btw. I hated Black Ops 2. I got into zombies playing Black Ops 1 and I fell in love with it and also played W@W a lot. I consider Moon to be the holy grail of striking a balance between simplicity and having several features to keep things interesting. Hell, some of the guys here like Superhands back in those days even found ways to take features that were supposed to be a pain in the backside and use them to their advantage; you can't do that so much these days. I HATED SoE but I'm enjoying Eisendrache tbh, takes a while to get set up if you wanna go for the high rounds but then that's what I've come to expect these days, it's not hard to get set up, just takes time and the result is well worth it. Like the feel of the map overall. I'll always have a place in my heart for Black Ops though, such good memories of fun times with my boys playing all those maps and all the feels when I reached certain rounds for the first time in solo play.

Edited by ZombiesAteMyPizza!
45 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Somehow, the like button is gone for me (strange glitch), but I fully agree with you. Was der Riese based on a multiplayer map too?

Yeah, Der Reise was based on the multiplayer map Nightfire (on W@W obviously). The W@W maps seemed to be heavily based on multiplayer maps and then come Black Ops DLCs the maps were becoming more and more original, with the later maps like COTD, Shangri La and Moon only containing small elements of multiplayer and campaign maps. Ascension was based on the multiplayer map Launch but the last map that was really heavily based on a level from campaign or multiplayer was FIVE, which of course was based on the Pentagon from the Campaign.

The guys that make Zombies are so experienced now that it wouldn't take them long at all to take a multiplayer, campaign or Nightmares map and do a standard zombifying job. Hell, if they made a map out of Nightmares a lot of the spawn point work has already been done.

Think I've just had an idea for a fun thread XD

17 minutes ago, ZombieSlayer1997 said:

Yeah, it's silly only getting one map per pack. I would change it to 3mp maps, one new zombies map, one remade zombies map. Wish we could persuade Treyarch to do this but to quote dempsey

Not a chance in hell you maggot addicts (or something like that)

Considering as well that Rezurrection was (or might still be, I haven't checked) the highest selling DLC in CoD history, it's weird to think that Treyarch didn't take that as a hint that they'd sell more DLCs if more zombie maps were included, particularly if they catered to both generations/types of player by making one elaborate map and one simple one.

On 3/13/2016 at 9:02 AM, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Considering as well that Rezurrection was (or might still be, I haven't checked) the highest selling DLC in CoD history, it's weird to think that Treyarch didn't take that as a hint that they'd sell more DLCs if more zombie maps were included, particularly if they catered to both generations/types of player by making one elaborate map and one simple one.

Myself and 'm sure hudreds of others in the zombies community would love to see a Rezurrection-like map pack. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that we will see another all-zombies DLC. If they did something like it, obviously the maps and DLC from Black Ops 1 would be the maps that would return (Kino Der Toten, Five, Ascension, Call of the Dead, Shangri-La and Moon) as Black Ops 2 was the most recent installment. However it wold likely be a long process to redesign the maps to match the current aesthetic they have in Black Ops 3's zombies mode.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Myself and 'm sure hudreds of others in the zombies community would love to see a Rezurrection-like map pack. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that we will see another all-zombies DLC. If they did something like it, obviously the maps and DLC from Black Ops 1 would be the maps that would return (Kino Der Toten, Five, Ascension, Call of the Dead, Shangri-La and Moon) as Black Ops 2 was the most recent installment. However it wold likely be a long process to redesign the maps to match the current aesthetic they have in Black Ops 3's zombies mode.

Kino and Five could be possible, but I think the other maps are too large to recreate. I really hope there will be a Rezurrection 2.0 for BO3

Finally got around to playing a few games on Der Eisendrache with a friend and must say I'm very pleased with how they give you the option to keep it simple. Easy steps to set up PaP and just a switch to power everything up. And its really nice to have a bunch of EEs, and even more nice that they are completely optional to enjoying the map. No multi step processes or changing forms needed just to get set up. Maps like SOE and almost all BO2 maps made all my casual gamer friends lose interest in zombies. The long steps and EE stuff felt like a chore for them. I can see a few of them giving Der Eisendrache another shot. You can play the game just like the old ones if you want. Fight your way to the switch, build up your points and arsenal by just killing zombies, and try to survive. The wall weapons and perks alone are more than enough to hit round 30. 

Hope this trend continues with each DLC. The option to just play old school style zombies if you want, and a lot of features that let you explore and go deeper if you choose. The new things like Buildables, bows, and gobblegum are all really nice additions when they're not forced down you throat every game, like BO2 and SOE had a habit of doing. 

4 hours ago, Cheesegrater28 said:

Finally got around to playing a few games on Der Eisendrache with a friend and must say I'm very pleased with how they give you the option to keep it simple. Easy steps to set up PaP and just a switch to power everything up. And its really nice to have a bunch of EEs, and even more nice that they are completely optional to enjoying the map. No multi step processes or changing forms needed just to get set up. Maps like SOE and almost all BO2 maps made all my casual gamer friends lose interest in zombies. The long steps and EE stuff felt like a chore for them. I can see a few of them giving Der Eisendrache another shot. You can play the game just like the old ones if you want. Fight your way to the switch, build up your points and arsenal by just killing zombies, and try to survive. The wall weapons and perks alone are more than enough to hit round 30. 

Hope this trend continues with each DLC. The option to just play old school style zombies if you want, and a lot of features that let you explore and go deeper if you choose. The new things like Buildables, bows, and gobblegum are all really nice additions when they're not forced down you throat every game, like BO2 and SOE had a habit of doing. 

Spot on mate. What with the alternate ammo types as well, you basically have a wonder weapon accessible (either Blast Furnace or Dead Wire since the update) to kill hoards with right up to and beyond the 50s. You could potentially go to round 100+ in very decent time without building a single thing or doing any type of egg or quest, or without even using the box if you chose not to.

• 1 month later...

I also miss the simplicity cause... back in BO1 we could just pick up a map and just play. Now when we start the game on BO3 it feels like there's so much you have to do before you can get to just playing trough the rounds. It's kinda cool to have these features, but it gets really tedious if you fail just when you get everything set up and you're ready to go for the high rounds... At least we have The Giant in BO3 which is nice and simple and who knows maybe we get extra survival zombie maps in some of the DLC, but idk. In BO2 already things started to go towards buildables and such, but it never felt like you'd had to do that stuff. The biggest thing I miss is how awesome the Random box once was... Now it literally doesn't have any meaning in the maps :/

Is it wrong that I prefer maps like Der Eisendrache? 

Back in the BO1 days, the maps I played the most frequently were Moon, Shangri-la, and COTD. (didn't own Ascension) Loved em because I went in with the goal of doing the easter egg, or killing george. 

That's part of the reason I want another boss like George back that takes several rounds to kill. 

I dislike tediousness, but I feel DE is well balanced, and no one's really screaming in your ear to do something. Well there's groph, but he's not really there to beg you to do the easter egg. 

Honestly BO3 has been a VERY solid game so far and I really can't say that any of the maps are not in my top 10. (Well save ZNS, but I haven't really gotten a chance to play it yet so I reserve judgement) 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Is it wrong that I prefer maps like Der Eisendrache? 

Back in the BO1 days, the maps I played the most frequently were Moon, Shangri-la, and COTD. (didn't own Ascension) Loved em because I went in with the goal of doing the easter egg, or killing george. 

That's part of the reason I want another boss like George back that takes several rounds to kill. 

I dislike tediousness, but I feel DE is well balanced, and no one's really screaming in your ear to do something. Well there's groph, but he's not really there to beg you to do the easter egg. 

Honestly BO3 has been a VERY solid game so far and I really can't say that any of the maps are not in my top 10. (Well save ZNS, but I haven't really gotten a chance to play it yet so I reserve judgement) 

It's not wrong to like these more complicated maps over the simple ones we had in the old games. After all it's just everyones own personal preference and opinion which they like more :)

I actually played Der Eisendrache today and I was going to upgrade the bow, but the wolf glitched out so I couldn't finish it :P so i just decided to go for upgraded HVK and ICR and see how it goes and I got to round 29 with my brother but then I kinda lost the mood and we just quit the game. But the point here is that you don't actually need the bow to get to higher rounds on DE although the bows make it a lot easier. 

I must agree with you that BO3 so far has been much better and solid than BO1 or BO2 was... ZNS is the only one I dislike cause I'm getting a GC_Spawn_Error around round 25 so it kinda ruins it for me... And Der Eisendrache is actually maybe turning into my favorite map of all time :D