What happens when we die.....?

Smok3y

Hello codz!

I tend to lurk more than anything on these boards while reading some of your phenomenal stories & dissections of lore & wanted to ask a question that may have no concrete answer ( the story of our lives!)

What happens when our protagonists die in soe? specifically where do our enemies focus there attention?

During the map we are met with an onslaught of zombies, margwas, meatballs, apothicans, those flying things... but what happens when we are not there for their attention, would they fight each other in our absence, would they join hands and sing kum ba yah around a smoldering, is there some unknown that can potentially control both?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The creatures we fight in Shadows of Evil are put there for a very specific goal in mind. To punish them for their misdeeds and to complete a task. As we see in the opening cutscene, our characters have killed. Because of this, the Shadow Man sends them to a twisted version of Morg City filled with the undead and the apothicon creatures. It's like the Mob of the Dead curse if you will. Four characters are sent to a twisted version of their own world to be punished. This time around however, The Shadow Man has sent us there to both be tortured and to complete his plan destroy the dimension our characters are stuck in.

• Administrators

I'm not sure it's quite the same as MotD in that rergard. 

Hello, @Smok3y! Good to see you hangin around. As you probably guessed, I couldn't keep up with that 'waking at 5' plan. lol! Did you ever get a team to finish Origins with? If not, it's still on my list as well....so maybe someday! C'est la vie.

But I'm under the impression that one of three things actually happens:

A. The characters are eventually overrun

B. The characters survive, and though it isn't shown (because it is a game) the enemies are defeated after 'Apocalypse Averted." What they do afterwards is unknown. 

C. Apocalypse Averted, though it does not show in game, reverts the world to normal and places them back in the real world. 

1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

The creatures we fight in Shadows of Evil are put there for a very specific goal in mind. To punish them for their misdeeds and to complete a task. As we see in the opening cutscene, our characters have killed. Because of this, the Shadow Man sends them to a twisted version of Morg City filled with the undead and the apothicon creatures. It's like the Mob of the Dead curse if you will. Four characters are sent to a twisted version of their own world to be punished. This time around however, The Shadow Man has sent us there to both be tortured and to complete his plan destroy the dimension our characters are stuck in.

thx for the reply & I did presume this to be one pathway, effectively when we all die their reality dies with them & not a continuous world.

1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Hello, @Smok3y! Good to see you hangin around. As you probably guessed, I couldn't keep up with that 'waking at 5' plan. lol! Did you ever get a team to finish Origins with? If not, it's still on my list as well....so maybe someday! C'est la vie.

B. The characters survive, and though it isn't shown (because it is a game) the enemies are defeated after 'Apocalypse Averted." What they do afterwards is unknown. 

C. Apocalypse Averted, though it does not show in game, reverts the world to normal and places them back in the real world. 

Haha one day we will get origins done! 

The reason I ask is because in BO1 - 2 we can assume that once we die the zombies simply turn their attention elswhere on the search for more humans.

In bo3 with our new entities it is giving quite the headspin. However now i think about it, even though i dont have the map, there are keepers in Der Eisendrache & this would be a continuous world unlike our SOE crew.

Ill tell you where im coming from, after begrudgingly watching heroes reborn it only clicked weeks after as they had a similar emphasis on 'save the children'. Im now wondering if the children that need to be saved are sam and eddie on the basis that as far as i know they are the only 2 humans so far to have been inside the MPD and as a result may have some additional powers that even they are yet to discover.

They have potentially been sent back in time as children, so that they, the last hope against the destruction of the universes can be hidden from those wanting the ultimate apocalypse. At least until the right time reveals itself. for the children to save the world.

1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:

After the Easter Egg we trap the Shadow Man inside of the Summoning Key and Richtofen appears and steals it. I'm fairly sure that it's safe to assume that the characters are now trapped there until they die.