For the life of me I'm having trouble with the second step at the launch pad. As soon as the doors open after a test launch I'm jetting out to shoot the glowing rock. It just isn't activating. I even have enough time to shoot three times almost and still nothing. I must be shooting in the wrong spot or something. When the rock isn't glowing anymore I have noticed a decent size hole/indention on the rock facing the direction you can see. Is that the spot I have to shoot? Just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Last bow I have to obtain as well. This step shouldn't be this hard. I have been doing easter eggs since World At War, this is the first time I haven't been able to complete a step. Go figure.

Edited by esmittystud101
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep look at the glow, and just nudge upward a little and you'll hit it.

Not confirmed, but it seems if you miss the first try and hit the wrong spot it doesn't work until the next test launch.

Another thing, if you want to make the electric bow first, it makes steps 2 and 3 of the fire bow a lot easier, for me at least.

I think I know what I was doing wrong. When I was exiting the doors after launch, I was trying to shoot it from a side angle in a way.  I think if I move over more, my back facing the rocket, I will get a straight shot on the glowing spot. In all the videos I watched some did from the side (pretty close to the doors) but most are facing it with back to rocket. They also said don't hold your bow back when exiting doors. To just run up and shoot quick, some didn't even need to pull the bow back all the way either. 

I'll update when I actually try. Hopefully soon. 

Thanks for the tips by the way Tatoo247 and Tender_Nuggett99

Well now that you're all helped and have it down good, I'll build off my advice for using the storm bow.

For one is has good trajectory, and you can see the shots easier. This makes catching those circle plates on fire way easier, and the splash damage from the electric bow will still trigger the circles even if you miss a little bit. Other things I've found to make this step easier:

Throw down your trip mines in the circle to mark it, makes it a little easier to see, or if you have the DG4 then that's going to be much better.

If you are in a 2-4 player match, have a player(s) stand in the circle to make it easier to see.

DO NOT use the wolf bow for this step as the arrow has a short range, it will blow up sometimes before even hitting the ground. Also, the wolf bow has 0 trajectory, it flies perfectly straight so wherever you're aiming is where it will land. This messes with me hard as I've always had to plan for my mark to be a little off, with the wolf bow it's just too perfect, and having the short fuse is annoying when you're trying to light the circle next to the death ray.

I've never tried doing the fire bow steps with the purple bow but it would seem to be either harder, or just the same as non upgraded bow.

Wolf bow being my favorite weapon...I'll still say upgrade it third or last if you're going for the trophy to build all bows in one game, it will save you a lot of frustration.

EDIT: The wolf bow only shoots straight on it's charge shot, it does bend some when you tap the trigger button, but even still, it's hard to hit those fire rings with a tap of the trigger.

Edited by Tattoo247
On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Tattoo247 said:

Well now that you're all helped and have it down good, I'll build off my advice for using the storm bow.

For one is has good trajectory, and you can see the shots easier. This makes catching those circle plates on fire way easier, and the splash damage from the electric bow will still trigger the circles even if you miss a little bit. Other things I've found to make this step easier:

Throw down your trip mines in the circle to mark it, makes it a little easier to see, or if you have the DG4 then that's going to be much better.

If you are in a 2-4 player match, have a player(s) stand in the circle to make it easier to see.

DO NOT use the wolf bow for this step as the arrow has a short range, it will blow up sometimes before even hitting the ground. Also, the wolf bow has 0 trajectory, it flies perfectly straight so wherever you're aiming is where it will land. This messes with me hard as I've always had to plan for my mark to be a little off, with the wolf bow it's just too perfect, and having the short fuse is annoying when you're trying to light the circle next to the death ray.

I've never tried doing the fire bow steps with the purple bow but it would seem to be either harder, or just the same as non upgraded bow.

Wolf bow being my favorite weapon...I'll still say upgrade it third or last if you're going for the trophy to build all bows in one game, it will save you a lot of frustration.

That sounds like a good strategy to me.

I'm really having trouble hitting the target near Double Tap you hit by springing from the rocket launch. The target near the roof PAP target you hit springing from the courtyard is tough too, but I've managed to hit that once. I've been able to upgrade the other 3 bows besides fire. Any advice?

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 5:43 PM, redbluesky said:

I'm really having trouble hitting the target near Double Tap you hit by springing from the rocket launch. The target near the roof PAP target you hit springing from the courtyard is tough too, but I've managed to hit that once. I've been able to upgrade the other 3 bows besides fire. Any advice?

The best thing I have tried is having a team mate stand on the ring and just aim straight for them. Every jump I usually get it on first try. Jump from rocket launch pad to spawn room of course.