FINALLY! Confirmed game glitch cause samantha laugh

After days and days of resilient searching, I have finally (from what I believe) found the first step to turning the PaP purple. It's what we've all had in the back of our heads this whole time.. You must sacrifice yourself. I got Samantha's laugh when I did this, but I think the game glitched and didn't realize I had quick revive (or some stupid shit happened..). My attempt to replicate this step is currently in progress. I'll keep you sexy beasts updated with some tasty news :)

Also, I have video proof of this if anyone is feeling skeptical, but I won't upload it until later. If anyone has XB1 version, feel free to get my Gamertag and come help me figure this son of a ***** out.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying that you have turned the pack a punch purple, or you believe hearing Samantha's laugh after you go down is significant in the process? Samantha's laugh is normally heard after you throw equipment out of bounds, or when the game thinks you are cheating/trying to abuse the mechanics (I think most of these issues were patched). If you are hearing Samantha's laugh and nothing else, chances are it is not easter egg related at all.

10 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

Are you saying that you have turned the pack a punch purple, or you believe hearing Samantha's laugh after you go down is significant in the process? Samantha's laugh is normally heard after you throw equipment out of bounds, or when the game thinks you are cheating/trying to abuse the mechanics (I think most of these issues were patched). If you are hearing Samantha's laugh and nothing else, chances are it is not easter egg related at all.

That's why I said "what I believe". That would be really shitty if that's why I heard Samantha's laugh, because I did die while having quick revive.. I mean you do hear Samantha's laugh while doing the Holly's Cream Cakes easter egg, so it seemed legit. I'll post the clip of what exactly happened. I'm beginning to think you're probably right on why I heard Sam's laugh though. I had no idea that laugh occurred while a glitch happened. :/

Here's the short clip of what happened: 

Please drop any of these ideas into the T-Virus thread, that's why it's there.

If anything there turns into something, then we can post it as a real thread stating what's found, once folk have digested and sussed out what's what.

It is odd that QR didn't work. But, glitches are the norm in zombies. :)

Happy gaming!

3 hours ago, mmm chocolate said:

Yo! Stop making threads with misleading titles. You obviously didnt find fuck all. 

Stop looking for attention and come back when you have real info, with pics and video. 

First off, I heard Samantha's laugh. I was not aware that happened during glitches. Stop acting like I just made this video for attention when really that's all your reply is about. I even posted a video, so don't click on my threads if you're just going to come here to be hostile.

Besides all of that shenanigans, I literally just picked up the sprayer instead of the fumigator. I even took a video of it on my phone while paused, but has anyone else encountered this? I was thinking that maybe 1 random sprayer spawns on the map, and it could be in any of the other fumigator locations? Reason being is because I found the "sprayer" at spawn where I usually pick up my fumigator in solo. Any thoughts?

I don't think anybody has reported spawning in the sprayer, but it was rumoured to be in the code. What did you do differently to make it spawn, I assume you already built the WW or got the part from the pods before the sprayer spawned in? Maybe the sprayer was the issue that they fixed, I can't believe no one would have found it by now, I've spent 50 rounds before opening purple pods to see if I could upgrade/change it, but never really thought about the possibility of another spawning in. If you have a pic, I would be interested in seeing it.

43 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

I don't think anybody has reported spawning in the sprayer, but it was rumoured to be in the code. What did you do differently to make it spawn, I assume you already built the WW or got the part from the pods before the sprayer spawned in? Maybe the sprayer was the issue that they fixed, I can't believe no one would have found it by now, I've spent 50 rounds before opening purple pods to see if I could upgrade/change it, but never really thought about the possibility of another spawning in. If you have a pic, I would be interested in seeing it.

The funny thing is that I picked up "the sprayer" before I did anything else. Hell, I picked it up before killing a zombie lol. That's what makes me think it's a random spawn in any of the original fumigator locations. I'll be roaming the whole map looking for "the sprayer" instead of the fumigator in a few minutes.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I'm just tying up dead ends.. I have confirmed that the Fumigator IS the Sprayer.. Once you pick up the Fumigator and have the icon of it on the left of your screen, pause the game and it will eventually say "Picked up the sprayer!" right above the icon. At least we know now.

Edited by UnleashThePwniez
2 hours ago, UnleashThePwniez said:

EDIT: Unfortunately, I'm just tying up dead ends.. I have confirmed that the Fumigator IS the Sprayer.. Once you pick up the Fumigator and have the icon of it on the left of your screen, pause the game and it will eventually say "Picked up the sprayer!" right above the icon. At least we know now.

Probably changed the name for cosmetic reasons, and just missed some of the instances as they were cleaning up the wording.

Trip Mines may be similar; on the ground, they are Trip Mines until you upgrade them (either upgrade), then they are called Bouncing Betties.

It hasn't changed in 3 months, so i guess upgraded TM's should be officially called BBs.

If you look in the code: wasp and parasite are literally written side by side again and again. Are they 2 seperate things? (The community has generally accepted that they are one and the same thing).

Edit: no monkey on 360.

Edited by 83457

What is your GT? ill try your name here i guess, hope it works.

T-Virus is where we should keep this all together,

and be very careful about using words like definite, confirmed, they are being used when it is not actually true. Nothing has been confirmed...yet.

Im searching today (Sun.) so maybe we can hook up.

p.s. I feel lost regarding the "sprayer" , Can anyone fill me in? where did we even get introduced to the term/word "sprayer"?

9 minutes ago, Jami San said:

p.s. I feel lost regarding the "sprayer" , Can anyone fill me in? where did we even get introduced to the term/word "sprayer"?

In the code, i believe it is called sprayer originally, iirc.

If you pause the game after picking up the Fumigator, it may say 'picked up sprayer'. Not sure if it's on all versions.

3 hours ago, 83457 said:

In the code, i believe it is called sprayer originally, iirc.

If you pause the game after picking up the Fumigator, it may say 'picked up sprayer'. Not sure if it's on all versions.

Yea this happens, as soon as you pick up the fumigator, immediately pause the game, wait about a second then unpause, look towards the left side of the screen above the player image, it should say, "Picked up Sprayer". 

I've noticed while using the "Fumigator" it flashes blue in the same postion on screen where the wording is. Yet we never are able to upgrade it, similar to the Shovel in Origins, even though this kind of suggests it.

8 hours ago, 83457 said:

I checked last night: picked up fumigator appears up top, then i pause and unpause and it says picked up sprayer in the middle left (360).

The summoning key also flashes blue when you pick it up.

Watch and see (the next time your in a game), when hitting a "Pod" see if the "Fumigator" flashes on screen, (middle left area on screen).

I've also found it odd that lightbulb in the Footlight District "Rift Portal", don't exist on last gen. Literally, when the portal is activated for the first time, this damn lightbulb cuts on automatically, and gets bright as shit.

14 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Watch and see (the next time your in a game), when hitting a "Pod" see if the "Fumigator" flashes on screen, (middle left area on screen).

I've also found it odd that lightbulb in the Footlight District "Rift Portal", don't exist on last gen. Literally, when the portal is activated for the first time, this damn lightbulb cuts on automatically, and gets bright as shit.

I've seen the fumigator flash bit before. √

On 360, that Rift alcove is super dark always.

i just wanna say how funny i find all of this. after the last (2) threads you made about confirmed real easter eggs (where you got rightfully put in your place), you pretend like it was just your mistake and you understand why people got upset; then you make another confirmed easter egg thread... and of course it isn't... followed by more random thoughts. i don't think you get what "confirmed" means in reference to easter eggs. it means "hey i have visual in-game confirmation that i performed an action \ triggered an event and was able to reproduce it, and here is said proof of egg-istence".

Edited by yoyobobguy2

On sprayer: just about anything else you pick up (example: fuse) will flash middle left on the screen if paused.

It seems as if the 'pause screen Fumigator image' is missing, and a placeholder is there which says 'picked up sprayer' instead of simply flashing the Fumigator icon middle left as it would with any other item.

One more solved glitch.