New DLC

JJMFP

Seeings how Xbox users and PC Gamers are about to get the DLC1 in a couple of weeks, when do you suppose we will get our first hint to the next DLC?  If my memory serves me well, this past year, we heard about the DLC quite early.  With four DLC's planned, I should be seeing DLC2 sometime in May.  Is there any gaming conventions coming up that Treyarch might be using to announce?  Any Ideas?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

That's exactly why we have you, " The Replacer".

:-) 

I cannot F*****G wait until March 3rd!

He could replace me at work next Thursday and I'll go to my cousins house and play it on Xbox With you, given you can find a way to use internet. :o)

• Like 1

Back to the OP.  It is not that I am impatient, but excited.  If they do it right, and I pray that they did, then what we will watch unfold during the course of the year should be nothing less than epic.  Der eisendrache gave me everything that I had hoped for and more.  Just hope this tweet doesn't hold a future unbecoming.

Edited by JJMFP
8 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Saddly I'm going to be out of town the first few days of release.... FUCK ME RIGHT? 

I'll likely go veiw this big "mind blowing" easter egg people are discussing and then just post my thought here. 

Your definitely going to need a "Replacer". 

@JJMFP

I have somewhere I go every time a DLC is released to d/l it. Usually runs at 100⬇ so it normally don't take very long.

• Tech Admin

In fairness, DLC drops are scheduled well in advance, the game is supported with DLC for 1 year, February being PS4 first DLC release (very late compared to previous years) - we now have 10 months til the end of the official 1 year support of updates and DLC. Realisticly DLC wise we are looking at August/September being the last month (6/7 months time) - so we can expect 4 DLCS in that period, which equates to 1 every 2 months.

So basing it on that, then we are looking at April for DLC 2, June for DLC 3 and August for DLC 4 - that being 1 month later for Xbox, not to silly to be thinking about it now, I expect an announcement in the middle of March to the end of March.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tattoo247 said:

I hope they do Japan first....I know they probably wont because Takeo has some serious back story now, so he'll probably be the finale.

It's ganna be hard seeing the summoning key get filled in those maps....

I get that vibe as well. 

Its either going to be Nikolai and THEN takeo, or both at the same time. 

I also like that when we killed tank we ALSO killed Groph (HOLY FUCK GROPH RETURNED? WTF WHY DID I SPOIL THIS FOR MYSELF). SO, I'm thinking that we'll likely kill another scientist in the fallowing two maps, then likely maxis and samantha at the end... 

Given the location, I'm putting money on Nikolai and Gersh going out together. 

An interesting aspect... Gersh became an important figure in the 1960s-ish era (Five phone). So, I'm wondering if this next map will be set sometime after WW2, to what I consider the golden age of zombies: Cold war era. And if so... What if the test subject has already been activated, and we have a rampaging Nikolai to look out for...

1 minute ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Dr. Monty's note?

Thats the blueprint from Monty what shows the KN-44 in the Summoning Key. He means the SoE note from Richtofen with the coordinates close to the Giant, Der Eisendrache, Nan Madol and Stalingrad.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Thats the blueprint from Monty what shows the KN-44 in the Summoning Key. He means the SoE note from Richtofen with the coordinates close to the Giant, Der Eisendrache, Nan Madol and Stalingrad.

That's what I was thinking. It's cool. Just wondering!

2 hours ago, Cap1945 said:

Well, what we wanted was a moon remake, so R.I.P. that, so do we get a Giant-style Shi No Numa remake? Or more of a feudal Japan map?  I say this because Blundell said that it was a "time traveling zombies odyssey".  Where're we goin' next?

Speak for your self. I and many others stated that a moon remake was NOT likely to begin with. Likewise, there is no plan for future remakes for BO3 as stated by lamnia (was it lamnia... I think it was lamnia...) in an interview long ago. 

I see us going to an island, and russian war-zone personally what with the locations. I'm totally on-board with the island idea, it's original AND it's the prime location to implement water physics. 

I really want water physics to be a thing in BO3. It just has so much potential with multiplayer getting water physics, zombies could fit it as well. Not to mention the destruction of the moon would play HAVOC on the tides. 

The warzone however, I'm not too keen on. We kinda been there done that with origins.... I'd like a better more entertaining location, like a desert or underwater base. 

Actually the number one place I'd like there to be a map would be an airship. Wouldn't make the most sense, but damn it'd be cool. 

@Stop Mocking Me0 posted I really want water physics to be a thing in BO3. It just has so much potential with multiplayer getting water physics, zombies could fit it as well. Not to mention the destruction of the moon would play HAVOC on the tides. 

This brings up a great idea.  Blowing up the moon in this timeline would subsequently affect any and all timelines after Der Eisendrache.  So, ideally, the next map will be a bit further in the future than Der Eisendrache and we will see rising tides bringing in waves (pun intended) of Zombies to deal with from conflicts at sea.  It would be a welcome change but would also require a new set of strategies to deal with unless they take the easy, much less appealing, way out and just use the tides to spawn the zombies and not actually give us the water mechanics you so desperately want to see.  I think it IS coming but how it plays will be something I am yet to be excited about.  Been running on land for so long, I am set in my ways.  Even in the Moon map, I would run the dome and jet over to stop the excavator from smashing it just so I would not have to deal with the bounce.

The gravity basement in Der Eisendrache is largely how I would expect water physics to work in the most part. 

You're slightly slowed, but zombies are majorly slowed, you have much more vertical movement, ect. 

The difference being there'd be no wall running, you could fixate yourself at fixed heights, and while zombies can reach you at any height, they can't maintain it, and are forced to make somewhat more of an arch then a trail after you. Also, unless you had a scuba suit, or some kind of air-breathing perk/gum oxygen would be an issue.  

With tides you also have the effects of current which would work largely like the bus, pushing you down a certain way. But only on the surface of water.