• Moderators

YOU MUST ASCEND FROM DARKNESS, probably the most famous wall writing from whole CoDZ.

Together with SALVATION LAYS ABOVE are it the wall writings from Nacht der Untoten.

But what exacly does it mean?

Both are written at a stair, so they could mean very literal: go up the stairs and you may live longer.

This makes sence, because there are several weapons for sale upstairs, and by buying the obstacles, you can walk around and make trains, so yeah, you could live longer.

The second thing it could mean is that there is something hidden above you, a possible EE, or something else.

Down is nothing put darkness, but when you ascend, when you go up, you will find salvation and survive.

And now we come to the third thing it could mean and what I think it is and why I wrote this post.

What if this is written from a zombies mind?

In the song "the One" from the Shi No Numa easter egg, we learn that zombies really feel sad but that they must kill humans, like a addiction.

They wait for the one who kills them and will give them peace.

What if the zombies want to be dead and ascend from darkness to go up to heaven and find salvation and peace?

Makes sense, doesn't it?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
On ‎19‎-‎2‎-‎2016 at 6:22 PM, NaBrZHunter said:

@anonymous Song tie-ins! I like it! The One is one of my favorite Sherwood/Siegman lyrics...one of the first things in Zombies to really get me thinking.

Thanks!

I waited a while for responding because I wanted to enjoy the moment I had 115 posts.

Not anymore, now I got 116, but anyway, I agree "the One" is great.

Not that I like those hardrock-like music, but the lyrics.....damn, I almost feel guilty for killing zombies because of that

• Administrators
7 hours ago, anonymous said:

Thanks!

I waited a while for responding because I wanted to enjoy the moment I had 115 posts.

Not anymore, now I got 116, but anyway, I agree "the One" is great.

Not that I like those hardrock-like music, but the lyrics.....damn, I almost feel guilty for killing zombies because of that

Haha! I've been there! You take a screenshot? 

My recent 115 moment was the day I won UOTM in October, I think. Lenne gave me my 115th rep point and I reached Hellhound zombification rank. It was a good day. :D

Hey, me neither. I was never a death metal fan (still ain't) so it was very strange how quickly I fell in love with every single zombies song. They're just so so epic. The lyrics are so deep. And of course, I love Elena's voice. 

But The One! So weird that you say so! I feel ya totally! It brought the game to a whole 'nother level of empathy.