Found a lot of new easter egg elements! Must read for EE hunters!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OwN_Avenged said:

The webs were ALWAYS very possibly nothing. And they all tried telling you that.
You should seriously stop saying that things are "definitely" or "100%" when you don't actually know for sure, because when it turns out to be false, you can sometimes look like an ass, or even an idiot.

& you know what happens when you Ass-u-me things...

8 hours ago, OwN_Avenged said:

The webs were ALWAYS very possibly nothing. And they all tried telling you that.
You should seriously stop saying that things are "definitely" or "100%" when you don't actually know for sure, because when it turns out to be false, you can sometimes look like an ass, or even an idiot.

And there's nothing wrong with trying to figure out what someone has already tried. I made a mistake and already called myself an idiot for what I miscalculated. lol The funny thing is how you're flaming me about what I've already covered in my previous comment. Now, you're just looking like an ass xD. People are pretty funny.

1 hour ago, UnleashThePwniez said:

And there's nothing wrong with trying to figure out what someone has already tried. I made a mistake and already called myself an idiot for what I miscalculated. lol The funny thing is how you're flaming me about what I've already covered in my previous comment. Now, you're just looking like an ass xD. People are pretty funny.

Don't stress it man. They are just pointing out the obvious is all but they don't mean any disrespect. So many before you have said "guaranteed!" or "100%" and then it ends up being nothing. When I used to find what I thought were possible EE's on BO1/BO2 maps I got just as excited as you did. It's only natural but if you post it then you need to take it on the chin if you are wrong because the internet is not known for it's sympathy.

@UnleashThePwniez I noticed the one in Nero's Landing a while back in theatre mode (regular theatre, no highlighted objects) and tried interacting with it in game. You can see the spiders web in game, it is just in a very dark area and hard to see. I tried throwing widows wine grenades at it, and tried to lure parasites into it with WW grenades, but you cannot kill them in the web as it is off map. When you say the objects 'move', what is the animation and where have you seen it? When I was looking at the webs, I did not notice any movement/animation in game. 

Edit: Just had another look, there is actually an animation to them in game, they move as if being blown back and forth by a gentle wind. 

Edited by DaveLo07
9 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

& you know what happens when you Ass-u-me things...

You just love that phrase, don't you? I've noticed you using it quite a bit lately. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm just confused as to why it has gained so much popularity all over the internet, not just here, recently.

Edited by M16 EPIC
  • Administrators
13 hours ago, UnleashThePwniez said:

So I have a problem... I'm an idiot and didn't check if the webs moved or not... They sure as hell move, so there's no way to tell if it's an easter egg piece or just a moving texture... This is something I almost always check first but I didn't this time... Sorry for the hype guys. The webs are very possibly nothing.. lol

No worries. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. 

I know things started off rough, but hope to see you around the threads! Happy hunting!

Let's tone it down, guys. He started off overconfident, but did admit he was mistaken. Let's put this in the past and show good ol' CoDZ hospitality  

@M16 EPIC has it become common these days? Maybe it was revived in a TV show or something, 'cause that's an old one. My dad said it a lot when I was young. 

15 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

No worries. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. 

I know things started off rough, but hope to see you around the threads! Happy hunting!

Let's tone it down, guys. He started off overconfident, but did admit he was mistaken. Let's put this in the past and show good ol' CoDZ hospitality  

@M16 EPIC has it become common these days? Maybe it was revived in a TV show or something, 'cause that's an old one. My dad said it a lot when I was young. 

Appreciate the respectful reply! :) I'll do my best to not guarantee anything before I crack it.

There's a few things I'm going to look into before I post anything about em, but if anyone has any spare time, check out the light fixture and black box that I've mentioned before. It's in the footlight district to the left of the statue inside the zombie spawn room. The black box is right next to the light fixture to the right on the ceiling. Also, the pillar behind the devil donut cart that reads "OPEN LATE" has some type of interactable element. I have no idea what the trigger is, but it definitely has a trigger of some type.

@DaveLo07 Yeah, unfortunately the webs sway back and forth.. Most likely just an animated texture :/ You never know though!

1 hour ago, DeathBringerZen said:

Don't stress it man. They are just pointing out the obvious is all but they don't mean any disrespect. So many before you have said "guaranteed!" or "100%" and then it ends up being nothing. When I used to find what I thought were possible EE's on BO1/BO2 maps I got just as excited as you did. It's only natural but if you post it then you need to take it on the chin if you are wrong because the internet is not known for it's sympathy.

Yeah I gotcha. I already beat myself up for it, and that's all that matters. Live and learn. It was definitely a big let down when I saw the spider webs moving :/ Seemed like a pretty feasible easter egg.

I'll keep you guys updated!

In all honesty, I think you are jumping the gun on this. Or, at least, how you went about doing this. I understand that it is very cool to discover an EE, but its best to just follow it and keep hunting before posting something.

For instance, GlitchingQueen, when she discovered the Dancing Arnies, posted the final product of the mini EE rather than say "I FOUND SOMETHING OMG LOOK LOOK LOOK!" This was very smart because we saw the final product of her work and received immediate proof of it.

Again, when PtG found the gold spork, they posted proof first, though they did tease, then explained how to get it. 

Its just a lot more believeable. I commend you for coming this far to find an EE, but you've got to be smoother on your publicity. 

At Unleash...

Ragdoll and I have both had a few "omg, this is it!" posts on here as well that didn't pan out.

You're not alone in that aspect. You learn to do more testing first, then post.

I do appreciate that you are looking, that you can roll with the punches, and i love your exuberance.

Welcome to the Virus Club (a.k.a. CODZ), and happy gaming!

4 hours ago, 83457 said:

At Unleash...

Ragdoll and I have both had a few "omg, this is it!" posts on here as well that didn't pan out.

You're not alone in that aspect. You learn to do more testing first, then post.

I do appreciate that you are looking, that you can roll with the punches, and i love your exuberance.

Welcome to the Virus Club (a.k.a. CODZ), and happy gaming!

Thanks man! I'm enjoying my time here so far :) It's nice to discuss zombies on a much larger scale than just among friends.

40 minutes ago, Rissole25 said:

When you say black box, is it an actual object with textures and stuff? Or is it a black box/cube with no textures? I know in Call of the Dead there was a black box far out in the sea when you no clipped. I'm not sure what it's purpose was but there might be one in every map.

It is a black box with no texures, just like the black box under the spawn for the teleport animation. You go inside a rectangle black box while you're teleporting, but why is there a somewhat small black box that you can see right through a window? I just don't get it. It's frustrating not knowing what it's used for lol. It's not like it's super hidden or even in the back of the room.. It's attached to the ceiling in the middle. I don't know man.

48 minutes ago, The Meh said:

So... one thing I'd like to say RIGHT NOW about this...

You're lying. That's how I know you're lying.

Anyone who's actually found something tells people how they did it so the community as a whole can figure out how it's done. One does not keep it to themselves. It's not only foolish, but it also makes people question your credibility, which... I'll be DAMNED if someone actually decides to be a non-credible source for jokes. (Like JIMBOTHY for example. BUT WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HIM?)

If you're telling the truth and are of the utmost sincerity, then I apologize for this. But you really must fix how you break EE-esque news to the community if this is the case.

The reason I'm not saying anything about it is because if I publicly release it, it will eventually get patched, but if you guys think it's worth it, I might. I mean I don't think anyone has been able to completely glitch under the map in Theater mode since the update, or even ever without modding. Give me thoughts on this. Also, spider webs would seem to possibly have a relation to widow's wine, and Treyarch has already stated that they made Shadows of Evil's easter eggs very hard, and apparently 1 merely impossible one.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Well, personally, I would find it to be a bit more preferable that something is said about it. I mean, if any consolation, honesty does count for something.
(At least, to me it does.)

Read the whole thread. We already took care of it. Heck, read my first comment. I even used the word 'honest'. 

3 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Well, personally, I would find it to be a bit more preferable that something is said about it. I mean, if any consolation, honesty does count for something.
(At least, to me it does.)

We'll see if any others on here are interested in the glitch and I'll go from there. 

On another note, why is no one talking about this... It's been on my mind for about a week now (ever since I saw it). This is obviously a step to a crazy easter egg since it even turns your "curse" icon purple. Someone please shed some light on this subject. I'll link the 2 videos below. Purple PaP.

He gets it on round 7 like what..? What has been done here..

Think about it.. Your beast mode is most likely going to have a new element or change completely. Which quite possibly means that is the first step for upgrading the WW. Since this "purple pack" has never been discussed among the masses, everyone is missing it and trying to activate a trigger via apothicon voice cues (which is probably a later step), since you can obviously get it to turn purple by round 7.

EDIT: This might deserve it's own thread if we can find a bit more information on it.

Edited by UnleashThePwniez

Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/3v9hi1/soe_ww_upgrade_guide_fake_or_not_xpost_from/, but he's saying that you must get the WW first. This is obviously not true. This was posted a few weeks before there was any type of video evidence of this. There are 2 completely different videos by different people with the purple pack a punch, and you can tell it's the same color. He obviously activated the purple pack a punch on round 6, and going into round 7 it was officially activated. There must be a step he did on the bug round for this to happen. Maybe he just left a bug flying around while he did the steps, or maybe the bug round is part of a step while in the PaP room. I don't know.

52 minutes ago, mmm chocolate said:

so far, I think its a troll. wouldn't be hard to add a purple transparent filter over parts of that game footage.

I am in a game right now with Meat Wagon at round 7 as well, and nothing happens when I shoot the Pack a Punch

please post his tutorial if possible. thanks.

What makes me think it's not a troll the most is that "filter" or whatever would be a very well done edit job noticing that it's going from blue to purple in a very high quality animation, not red to purple. The blue curse icon never changes the way it does in the video.

EDIT: Notice that the worm's flames even change to purple.

Edited by UnleashThePwniez

so in the first video posted, its just a quick flash of a purple PaP, over and over. no explanation, nothing.

in the second video, (I assume its from the guy with the tutorial?) he's at round 7, and the PaP turns to purple at the start of round 8. not possible if his tutorial says 'have the ww'. also there's a shadow man quote that plays and its from the beginning of the game. none of this seems fishy to you?

in the thread linked, only two people say they can get quotes to happen, and it seems like its random as to when they happen.

i still say bullshit.

3 hours ago, mmm chocolate said:

so in the first video posted, its just a quick flash of a purple PaP, over and over. no explanation, nothing.

in the second video, (I assume its from the guy with the tutorial?) he's at round 7, and the PaP turns to purple at the start of round 8. not possible if his tutorial says 'have the ww'. also there's a shadow man quote that plays and its from the beginning of the game. none of this seems fishy to you?

in the thread linked, only two people say they can get quotes to happen, and it seems like its random as to when they happen.

i still say bullshit.

That first video was debunked by TheRealDF, I'm not exactly sure how.

The original video, "D_str_y th_ St_t__s"  was the one "An Employee Leaked" supposedly, if you notice he's holding the Second Version of the IDGUN.

As for the second, it seems kind of odd, he only made the one Video, & I even checked on Twitter. I would probably have to go with "Fake". However, with him making no big deal about it, almost makes it seem "Real". As he doesn't seem to be a very big Zombies player in general. 

_________

@M16 EPIC

Haha, I'm a little older and it's something that I was told as a child quite often, anytime I would assume something. Because at the end of the day, almost always when you do assume something, you end up making an ass out of u and me. 

I had no idea, a bunch of people were using it as of late, pretty funny though as it's something I heard over 20 years ago.

@UnleashThePwniez

Can you link me the videos, where it explains what to do.

I've made a Thread on the "Purple Gateworms", it has to do with you placing them originally, the flames surrounding them are "Purple". Once you activate the PaP, the "Energy Transfer" is what makes it (The PaP) appear Blue.

Afterwards, the flames appear to be a "Mixture" of Blue & Red, something wasn't done correctly...

Obviously something  must be done in order for the "Purple Energy" to be "Transferred" as well, as that is the color of the "Apothicons" (based off Maggie teleporting)

The most logical explanation, I can think of pertains to the "Cursed" Symbol itself. It starts out "Blue" if we use them all, it appears "Red". Maybe this is where we mess up. 

Then there's the possibility, that you have to do a specific Ritual each round, one per Round. Then on Round 5/6 depending on when you did the first, activate the PaP Ritual. I've done this before and the "Parasites" will actually kill the "Keepers", and immediately following, the Round is ended.

I definitely think there is something more to this, what that may be I don't exactly know. The "Noire Mode" filter may even be needed.

The subject deserves its own thread, however, because you've never encountered this yourself maybe you should make a post in the T-Virus Thread, as that is basically ideas thrown around, that probably lead to nothing, but could be something.

zBubbles is his UN. Here's the link...http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/shadows-of-evil-upgrading-the-wonder-weapon-guide.1414493/

Here's one of his comments a little later after he posted the guide...

/Update
I managed to get another quote last night when messing around with the WW. I was running a train in the PaP room when a Margwa spawned, I shot it's first head and then I had to run away. As I made my way back to the PaP Machine I shot one of the WW bullets right at the pack a punch and it started to suck in all of the zombies that I had left. Surprisingly the Margwa stuck right beside the PaP and wouldn't move and would only attack me if I got to close. I also got the Teddy Bear Laugh. Not sure if this is a step but it could lead to something.