Der Eisendrache all high round strategies! Updated 3/15/16

shirtlesservice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boysta just posted this -

It's basically all the current camping spots in one video, with a text guide to his opinion on them.  Like all Boysta's videos it made me laugh with the randomness of the stuff he puts in there.  It might fit with your strategies mate, I'll let you decide :)

The Death Machine has definitely been patched.  However, it's pretty much un-useable in high rounds.

The lag this thing causes in the Rocket Area gets down to around 5-10 FPS.  It caused me a down on 75, Boysta a down on 78 and Steve and Scottie many problems over this weekend.

The Rocket site is by far the best place to stay on this map.  It takes some getting used to, and some ammo management but I've now managed to get to 75 without needing to get ammo from anywhere.  That still leaves a gobblegum (cache or/and anti), plus unupgraded arrows from the other bows.  I love this map.

56 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

@Chopper I noticed that in boystas latest video, he was using the rocket teleporter strat... What makes it better than the other ones? Is it just the fastest, or is having that easy escape the most important thing?

The easy escape option whilst cool shouldn't be relied on as at some point the rocket is going to go off.

What makes this spot so good is the rocket going off and no carpenters.  When those doors close, you have 3 spawn points about as close as you can get them - I'm talking 100 kills with the death machine or insta kill just whilst those doors are shut.  That's insane.  Having less than 4 windows in the area, it means no carpenters drop.  If you haven't moved the box, you are left with; *2, Fuse, Ammo, Insta, Nuke, Death Machine, 6 out of 8.  4 drops a round, almost guarantees an ammo, death machine and insta kill at least every other round.  Those 3 just massively help with ammo management.

So, my very high level strategy is -

Get monkeys and haymaker without moving the box.  Online with immolation this is very easy, and offline by my reckoning it's gonna be less than a couple of hours each time.  Not good, but the only people doing that are going for WR's, and 2 hours is nothing.

Build shield.

Build Electric bow.

Build Ragnarok.

Complete wolf bow but do NOT place arrow in the holder.

Keep messing with gobblegums until ideally I'm holding ammo cache, and anti hasn't come in this cycle.  Absolutely ideal is picking up ammo the 4th drop in a cycle, and not having got anti in the cycle yet.

This map is much more fun with perkaholic, and as I'm playing for my enjoyment I actually don't now mind dashboarding to keep it.

So I play with Perkaholic, Wallpower, Ammo Cache, Antichemical and Immolation.

My best games start with Perkaholic round 1, Wallpower round 2 and then Immolation round 3.

I buy RK5 from spawn, then use Wallpower to PAP VMP, then immolation for monkeys and haymaker.  When that happens,  I don't even have to go near the gobblegum machine again until I really need ammo, as I'm guaranteed one from it.

This setup leaves a free ammo from the wolf bow, which is very cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I reached 52 in a little under two hours. The room where the urn is for the shadow bow, I left the door between that and the upper courtyard closed. I camped by the door, and alternated between shooting the storm bow and using the ragnarok. ~Round 40 I had to start running trains in that room around the storm bow tornados as I was starting to get hit. Sadly at 52 the storm bow stopped being useful :(

I'd upload a video except I don't know how to take the video, I created my account to post this on here as I didn't see it as one of the strategies in the OP. 

Overall the strategy felt extremely similar to camping by the semtex on origins. I've only played solo or with my roommate and haven't really watched any videos/strats, so I was unaware that the wolf bow was any good (I have only used storm and shadow).

Archived