Der Eisendrache - Main Easter Egg

Just now, urbanrooster said:

his timeline theory makes perfect sense. they came to stop richtofen from finishing his plan in this universe so why not tp to the point where he starts it and stop him? And all they needed to do was attach the head of the robot to the body. not like it requires a ton of skill considering the guy that made the robot and facility is there with them. and dude they just shot down a rocket in space and destroyed the moon all on their own, while being attacked by a plethora of enemies. what makes you think they couldn't hot-wire a robot and track down the same test subject they would have had to track down 4 other times??

Because Richtofen didn't make the Der Reise facility, They themselves didn't triangulate coordinates and do a ton of calculations to get the rockets to fire at the moon. No they only overloaded a computer that was fired rockets which were already probably aimed at the moon as that seems like it was set up that way. There is also nothing proving Richtofen made the robots. If he made them then why the heck was there a chance of them killing him. Just because something is made by group 935 don't contribute it to Richtofen. There were other divisions within the group including Maxises own division. I also am saying this because this is the first time they have tracked down this test subject because in at least 1 timeline they didn't.

3 minutes ago, ZombieOfTheDead said:

@Zelkova How on earth is that silly? It makes perfect sense, and actually gets rid of a lot of unnecessary convolusion which is so prevalent in the storyline as is.

I would agree with your statement if it was ANYTHING other than the fact this is a cutscene. The fact this is a cutscene though and how the situation within the cutscene plays out with them acting as if the other Richtofen that didn't die had been with them before and the fact that they were stopping another is what makes me sketchy on that idea. I understand the desire to simplify the storyline but please its not possible to do that honestly.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zelkova True, but richtofen isn't an idiot either. He should know how to work technology that exists within 935, especially since maxis and richtofen are the people at the reigns of the group.

and what does it being a cutscene have to do with it not being legit? what are you even trying to say? the group's plainly disgruntled that richtofen had just interfered with them trying to set things right, and same within the map itself so your point is invalid. of course the whole origins crew were trying to stop old richtofen, they are trying to set things right and keep him from gaining power over the zombies....

3 minutes ago, urbanrooster said:

@Zelkova True, but richtofen isn't an idiot either. He should know how to work technology that exists within 935, especially since maxis and richtofen are the people at the reigns of the group.

and what does it being a cutscene have to do with it not being legit? what are you even trying to say? the group's plainly disgruntled that richtofen had just interfered with them trying to set things right, and same within the map itself so your point is invalid. of course the whole origins crew were trying to stop old richtofen, they are trying to set things right and keep him from gaining power over the zombies....

My point is not invalid. The problem with stating that a timeline can be interrupted in the middle of a cutscene that shows anything beyond is insane and not only that but did you not realize that when Treyarch redid this map they didn't name it Der Reise like the original. They stated this was a reimagined Der Reise and named it The Giant. ALSO Richtofen and Maxis are not the reigns of group 935. They are not the leaders. If they were then who were these so called Leaders of 935 that Richtofen was going to report Maxis to???

1 minute ago, Zelkova said:

My point is not invalid. The problem with stating that a timeline can be interrupted in the middle of a cutscene that shows anything beyond is insane and not only that but did you not realize that when Treyarch redid this map they didn't name it Der Reise like the original. They stated this was a reimagine Der Reise and named it The Giant. ALSO Richtofen and Maxis are not the reigns of group 935. They are not the leaders. If they were then who were these so called Leaders of 935 that Richtofen was going to report Maxis to???

still have no idea what you consider is insane about wanting to stop richtofen's master plan. 
treyarc said it was re-imagined because in game mechanics it was. the group had revisited it but it's still canonically the same as old der-riese.

and I did forget about the whole "reporting maxis" bit so you got me there, but regardless richtofen held a major foothold in the organization, especially considering how in origins he and maxis were the only leader types present at the time of the outbreak. leading me to believe they were the leads of that specific project involving the robots, same with der-riese as stated in radios, notes, and ciphers

Just now, urbanrooster said:

still have no idea what you consider is insane about wanting to stop richtofen's master plan. 
treyarc said it was re-imagined because in game mechanics it was. the group had revisited it but it's still canonically the same as old der-riese.

and I did forget about the whole "reporting maxis" bit so you got me there, but regardless richtofen held a major foothold in the organization, especially considering how in origins he and maxis were the only leader types present at the time of the outbreak. leading me to believe they were the leads of that specific project involving the robots, same with der-riese as stated in radios, notes, and ciphers

But according to radios also from other maps Richtofen was ACTUALLY under Maxis in term of leader aspects. What occured was Richtofen doing a bunch of things behind Maxis's back was all. Also we don't know if there were any other leaders present at the time of the outbreak. It was never stated that there wasn't. They could have fallen also to the zombies. Just because the robots were present doesn't mean they were part of Maxis and Richtofen. I will certainly say those robots would definitely messup a excavation site though.

Also I'm not calling wanting to stop richtofens master plan insane. What I'm calling insane is the fact he is stated that half of a cutscene is applying to multiple timelines while the other half of that cutscene doesn't. If that cutscene was actually CUT in half and given to us as two seperate cutscenes sure I'd accept that but no it doesn't make sense in the way he is saying it.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, urbanrooster said:

Even back in the day when Maxis was the highest known executive in 935 and the commanding officer at Der Riese reporting to the Riechstag High Command, Richtofen was not known to be an officer, and was simply assigned to oversee the experiments on the test subjects at the Siberia Base, attempting to find the 'trust barrier' inhibiting Maxis' attempts at successful mind control of living and dead subjects. He was also responsible, for a short time, for the designing of the WWDG-2 prototype. Other than that, his only authority came with his self-imposed leadership of the clandestine Griffin Station Group. 

25 minutes ago, Zelkova said:

Saw what you said in the other. While its possible in solo thats got to be like crazy considering the recharge time of the spikes is just ridiculous.

Ohh yea, definitely not going to be an easy feat. If like me you completed Origins on Solo you got a sense of satisfaction. This one is going to definitely take the cake, In regards to the satisfaction felt from.completing this Main Quest.

The only difference I can see is the scaling difficulty dependant upon the amount of players. If it's the same for Solo as it is 4 player, I don't know how many people will ever actually beat the "Keeper".