All Ciphers

Tac

Okay, so I ran a frequency analysis on the typewriter note and it's a match for english, meaning it's a transposition cipher. I don't know if that was already narrowed down or not. I don't think it's VIC, since there's no 0 in the key. Also, @Nieno69 mentioned something strange about the bottom row, and I think it's the missing 5th character in the bottom row's first block, which would means a disrupted transposition, I guess? Still trying to narrow it down further... Maybe disrupted columnar, or even disrupted double columnar? God, I picked the wrong cipher to start my cryptography career on... e_e

UPDATE: I've tried pretty much everything I can think of... Here are the results in case I'm missing something, but it doesn't look like there's much there... Amsco looked promising with a few words cropping up, but mostly still looks like gibberish:

Decrypted with a basic columnar transposition-

Spoiler

I   PHTFHMETTOERWRE.EOTADATIHNWIEHG
LVIGHEARIA NIS     T   IIUNCGHTANOC
ESOAETKBTEIORISWR,RTCRTTHBTBA RE.  
S  RN VHUAINAG,EBDCNIPLDRAWANEOELAT
ANSBI TNVD HL  E   H  WT YI,GTGIALE
IW.EGLYARMITCANECLEIINADEOWHN HO  R
N A STANAIYCARAESNTTEIGTOETDAITTHM
.IWFEMOBCWE A L     N I TEMMATLHEHS
ITNOCATAGRIHVETDDIETUANRHHIDES T E 
E   NADCHAT,FTCTIMVM.OTATNORE-WAEES
CAFDHDANTK BNI     D   SCMHEEISAEFI
ESLETENEOTTB EGRIDHAC RHSEERE  W. 

Same decryption with key as column order instead of labels -

Spoiler

I .  FT HMEHTPWETRE.EROANOTIHADTGGW
LVIEHIIIHA NARE  S T    NT CGHIUIEE
ASOAOCNEITIORBTKRTSTCRR,WBETA RBTH 
. RN S I,VNAGUAHNDEIPLDCBNLREOEWAA
STABI ANTHENL  D V    WT H TLYGIA,G
IEAEGLYW.ICCRANEITMNOLADEIIEHRWO  N
H N STA ANASARAEYCIIENGTOTETT.TTHM
AIDMWIOBCFEWL E   A   M TEM INETAHS
ILHTTINAGRCAODTHDIEETVHEUHIDNRAE S 
E T  C, HATADNI.FMVMCTTN-OOREATTSDW
CAFEEATNHK BAND  I D    HS EEICMSET
ASLEFIETEETB EONHRGAC IDRRWHE  EES 

Double Columnar Transposition -

Spoiler

IC,TAGCII  FBTTATS SC,SONN  HDHBEEC
RHETBITCH  EIA ALO PIM TEIT FSVRNDT
ATHAMEDTEG MF..NTNR EMO VHAI TEATHM
DHITET L.EE EST  IOAITLN  FWVNOEORE
INDCWTRN WIDGREE  MHIHEE-V OHET.IWU
BOTAENES C UOOTTH W NUATAIWERTNRBS
NTA AET CA E HSAEAGY  HOTGF,,LNIAII
DEH  DEHOHDI SETNRAAT TSBWHEBG ATCE
ADNI NRKDCTIA A EI KPL YEIGR LENA O
LHBDW IERVENRGTA IIDIWIER SGS CEMA 
RHRNAGMEATAE NLAS WH  EYLNNRE  OAIT
CTIWDERTCHCA. LIETAR   A.HITTNE AMS

Again with key as column order -

Spoiler

IHSCIGNWA  ARLTIBE.STATOD,   ANTT.E
RFEBEHTFT  EIIITMASTI MNEV   CANA.M
RTHSTTGTCB MEHORTTH EMNLCHN  HTEAOM
TTNPANDDA-  WSLEADO.TTL ITMO  EE EH
IRRCTFDHDWENGREVIIIA HET REOT I.I W
EBSIIEE OVCTSEOE  HFD,UAT  TWWVERBW
NELCNAN THUEAASOE  H FGOTN  IEEUAIH
TND AHOHOH N TNNARLSA EAETGYTEANDCG
AGAR HEIDCI   KITG ANS  PIWI,A MBLO
LRIAE ADRVRES TDBBIDGATE NKEWAR MNC
RIHEAC  LTIEGE NIRTH LY,E ESI YI ID
OTHEWIHT ECASICAA WR  CETH ARNE.NAS

Amsco -

IMTHE T.HNI EIRTE ERTOW ERSPO DLIVW HRHAE TOTEA CTE.T SAARD IFWSG OHENT IOHEI AITOI NGSTB RUNGI ACRHI T.RBC KWNNI AAREV EUT,H EEEPO RITRD WTHBR BLIRN EANAS AABIG WIG,D YD,CT VNGAL LELER WANIN SANDT TELII HIMHO STAYL WANG. ETERA TEACN YTTHN CGTHE AOTIA IAINH OBEER NEFAC TDATH SOMSA NLEIW ITAGI CE.HC EENTM DHIMI WUSNI HOLEH EARMT FTAAV ATMOV EDIOW CTRND HCRAT TEHAE DTTEK EDME, IAATT ACISE LF.-E CFEDS NTABB IDGHE NMEST ECHEN S

And finally Ubchi - 

Spoiler

I N,HRRU EEAHVCA ETG-TV ROPOCA  DIC
EMGI L  SEREGDTC BETIGRFN WSEI  OWA
C, KFANMS SHETGOEHVNHF HATTS SAILIO
TAT ABEETAHDN.D VIDAEP R ENTIETWRIA
AA EETRODNR TIT T RTMIEN RLWTNEIWWO
ILTFI MH TRESAN NBHIESEY NWATA E AW
UH ARNTA IWSHRTBW,IAC EZCUMETE HDTN
SEHLVCACETOBRDYNH HRLNIN   EE.CAE.E
ILAATLC  HIAIAA.DTIAAT ANGEH,  CEAT
ANH HBRBNITEW  ETOSLH B DHSO .ANREA
 NGRNMMIHEEDEMYS D  DMEOTCGT HITTI
GOS  TOII ILKIT .ETCGE  IFOADNEIETT

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

It actually was AMSCO, here's the final result:

I MEET THE REPORTER WHO WAS TO DELIVER THE ARTIFACT. HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO BRING IT ON HIS TRUCK IN A CRATE. BUT WHEN I ARRIVED, THE REPORTER WAS BABBLING, AND ACTING WILDLY, WAVING A LETTER IN HIS HAND TELLING ME TO STAY AWAY. THE CRATE CONTAINING THE ARTIFACT HAD BEEN SEALED WITH SOME ANCIENT MAGIC. WHEN I TOLD HIM I MUST HAVE THE ARTIFACT AND MOVED TOWARD THE CRATE, HE ATTACKED ME. I ACTED IN SELF-DEFENSE STABBING HIM IN THE CHEST.

29 minutes ago, Tac said:

I MEET THE REPORTER WHO WAS TO DELIVER THE ARTIFACT. HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO BRING IT ON HIS TRUCK IN A CRATE. BUT WHEN I ARRIVED, THE REPORTER WAS BABBLING, AND ACTING WILDLY, WAVING A LETTER IN HIS HAND TELLING ME TO STAY AWAY. THE CRATE CONTAINING THE ARTIFACT HAD BEEN SEALED WITH SOME ANCIENT MAGIC. WHEN I TOLD HIM I MUST HAVE THE ARTIFACT AND MOVED TOWARD THE CRATE, HE ATTACKED ME. I ACTED IN SELF-DEFENSE STABBING HIM IN THE CHEST.

I guess my decryption was faulty? That's what I get for using using an online decryption instead of just doing it manually.

EDIT: NO! It was just that stupid blank space that I NOTICED!!! I was so close... I spent all day trying to crack that and I was SO CLOSE!

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Tac said:

Is this truck with crate the truck in SoE where the Summoring Key is in?

Because in the der Eisendrache intro, you see a german truck with a package in a box driving.

Could the Summoring Key be inside this package, and the truck being teleported to Morg City for some reason.

I always wondered why such a important object just lays in the back of a truck.

8 hours ago, Kalinine said:

These two :

CrFcUvN.png

MJ8mw8j.jpg

Until we find new ciphers haha!

Well, I did frequency analysis on "The Castle" and it doesn't look like English, but the odd placement of letters and that period near the end makes me think that a transposition cipher was used. So maybe it's encoded with two different ciphers. A transposition and a replacement or Caesar or something? If "The Castle" isn't the key, it's at least a hint to it.

The other one is obviously a replacement, but without a key it'll take time to crack. No telling if the spacing can even be trusted...

16 hours ago, MikeCirka said:

Well, I did frequency analysis on "The Castle" and it doesn't look like English, but the odd placement of letters and that period near the end makes me think that a transposition cipher was used. So maybe it's encoded with two different ciphers. A transposition and a replacement or Caesar or something? If "The Castle" isn't the key, it's at least a hint to it.

The other one is obviously a replacement, but without a key it'll take time to crack. No telling if the spacing can even be trusted...

The castle - I think it's one sentence "... ( change "." And "," ) that means 3 nouns? Or 2 nouns and the first letter of the sentence is a upper letter...

2 capital "Z" (or whatever Z stands for ) one with "M"...Further there are missing letters so u maybe w=vv and i=L...q=o?

The missing b is strange...

Tried a Lot of things...

So I finally made an account for the forum! Another new cipher just popped up. I still can't believe there are more to be found. The guy on reddit who found it (Trix_Prodigy) said it was "on the ground mixed in with other papers just after you go through Samantha's and Richtofen's room just before the wolf bow picture and steps."

Cipher Text:

AGVHV YNLOA OLFOO IJCW, MBZUP RNOEW SSSZO MVYFZ QHWUZ JECBD QQGOO GGSBT HVMMW QNBHU USEFO DBQHC LPHWX LVZJC QMEOH JYWXS ZYLSK DTGH. XMKFI AOETR TXHJL ;MBZU XPDTI GOEXZ _CQBS ZZFCU VISVN PNBBV OSNGW FTKAC BLZTS GEFEL BVQKR DDPWU HWKHU B.

*I want to also point out that the fourth grouping in the first row might also be: IJCW;     In the picture is kind of a smudge above the comma that might make it a semi-colon (";")

I've done the basic stat's on it, and here's what I've got:

Number of characters: 197

Index of Coincidence: 0.99 (strongly suggests polyalphabetic cipher)

Letter Frequency: O-13, B-12, S-11, Z-11, H-11, W-9, V-9, U-8, E-8, Q-8, L-8, G-8, T-7, M-7, C-7, F-7, X-6, D-6, N-6, J-5, K-5, P-5, Y-4, A-4, I-4, R-3, .-2, _-1,  ;-1,  ,-1   *every letter gets used and there are 4 additional characters (  .  _  ;  ,  ) assuming the comma isn't a semi-colon.

xEaHdHa.jpg

10 minutes ago, certainpersonio said:

So I finally made an account for the forum! Another new cipher just popped up. I still can't believe there are more to be found. The guy on reddit who found it (Trix_Prodigy) said it was "on the ground mixed in with other papers just after you go through Samantha's and Richtofen's room just before the wolf bow picture and steps."

Cipher Text:

AGVHV YNLOA OLFOO IJCW, MBZUP RNOEW SSSZO MVYFZ QHWUZ JECBD QQGOO GGSBT HVMMW QNBHU USEFO DBQHC LPHWX LVZJC QMEOH JYWXS ZYLSK DTGH. XMKFI AOETR TXHJL ;MBZU XPDTI GOEXZ _CQBS ZZFCU VISVN PNBBV OSNGW FTKAC BLZTS GEFEL BVQKR DDPWU HWKHU B.

*I want to also point out that the fourth grouping in the first row might also be: IJCW;     In the picture is kind of a smudge above the comma that might make it a semi-colon (";")

I've done the basic stat's on it, and here's what I've got:

Number of characters: 197

Index of Coincidence: 0.99 (strongly suggests polyalphabetic cipher)

Letter Frequency: O-13, B-12, S-11, Z-11, H-11, W-9, V-9, U-8, E-8, Q-8, L-8, G-8, T-7, M-7, C-7, F-7, X-6, D-6, N-6, J-5, K-5, P-5, Y-4, A-4, I-4, R-3, .-2, _-1,  ;-1,  ,-1   *every letter gets used and there are 4 additional characters (  .  _  ;  ,  ) assuming the comma isn't a semi-colon.

xEaHdHa.jpg

Mixed with other papers... So on the other papers must be some code a row of numbers or another hint to the code?

I will See if I will find something tonight Ingame... 

AGVHV YNLOA OLFOO IJCW, MBZUP RNOEW SSSZO MVYFZ QHWUZ JECBD QQGOO GGSBT HVMMW QNBHU USEFO DBQHC LPHWX LVZJC QMEOH JYWXS ZYLSK DTGH. XMKFI AOETR TXHJL ;MBZU XPDTI GOEXZ ...CQBS ZZFCU VISVN PNBBV OSNGW FTKAC BLZTS GEFEL BVQKR DDPWU HWKHU B.

The fourth grouping is IJCW, and that's not an underscore but an ellipsis in ...CQBS

CbEc0udVIAA_T9f.jpg:orig

Edit: it's trithemius

AGVHV YNLOA OLFOO IJCW, MBZUP RNOEW SSSZO MVYFZ QHWUZ JECBD QQGOO GGSBT HVMMW QNBHU USEFO DBQHC LPHWX LVZJC QMEOH JYWXS ZYLSK DTGH. XMKFI AOETR TXHJL ;MBZU XPDTI GOEXZ ...CQBS ZZFCU VISVN PNBBV OSNGW FTKAC BLZTS GEFEL BVQKR DDPWU HWKHU B.

Solved

AFTER THE GREAT BATTLE THEY STOOD UP ON THE MOUND THEIR LIGHT SHONE DOWN AND CLEANSED ALL THE SICKNESS FOR AS FAR AS THE EYE COULD SEE THEY ARE THE FIRST THEY ARE THE LAST VISIONS OF FRACTURED WORLDS AND STRANGE ROOMS HAUNTED OUR DREAMS

lUIlU4l.gif

Edit: Thank you Sir. Quick resolve, haha :D

Edit2: I guess the punctuations are there for the plain text.

After the great battle they stood up on the mound their light shone down and cleansed all the sickness for as far as the eye could see. They are the first; they are the last... Visions of fractured worlds and strange rooms haunted our dreams.

21 minutes ago, Kalinine said:

lUIlU4l.gif

Sure First i thought it's vigenere and the code is some where on the other papers

But if there is no code then there is trithemus and u use the "code" "abcde....xyz" 

You can too use this to encode it in vigenere if u put in the code a-z

Hope i was the first:)

There are two unsolved ciphers on DE currently. The one up in the clock tower on a desk and then "The Castle" cipher which is under the desk across from quick revive.

The Castle: http://imgur.com/MJ8mw8j

(The Castle) o yo l rrgnrdcyhea thsyar a p w sryy c auM ag ,naaca ldwylnmrphoto... llulf yoirntin teop noekuaoku Zyiooy.ee ulZ

The Castle cipher I have done less work on it because it has initially stumped me. Index of coincidence suggests its polyalphabetic and the presence of capital and lowercase letters seems to confirm that for me. At the very least it's not just a standard 26 letter alphabet. I also doubt the reliability of the spacing and punctuation for two reasons. For spacing, the most troubling part for me is the "a p w" section. I can't think of a realistic sentence that has 3 single letter words in it. I see three options. They're someone's initials; they're actually numbers (ex: 935); or the spacing is actually wrong. The punctuation is troubling because of the ",naaca" and "Zyiooy.ee". If the text was substituted around the punctuation, it would come at the end of the words, not at the beginning or in the middle. This leads me to suspect either that 1) the cipher text includes both capital letters, commas, and periods in it, or that 2) there has been a transposition. 

The clocktower cipher: http://imgur.com/vtQBAGC

EFZIL COVNITF KUN ER GYYWKJOLC FEEKUBY XTRXAANW PA VUVYSOV QY DEY FO AZ IT IUIB SYNWM DOQ MIMR JOAB EQ

The Index of coincidence for this one also suggest polyalphabetic. The only missing letter is H. I also am feeling that we can trust the spacing on this one. I personally don't see any odd patterns in word length. Honestly my gut tells me that this is something in the Vigenere family of ciphers. I think the best way to attack this guy is with probable words in the 2 and 3 letter words of the cipher. Specifically the best place to do this would be in the "QY DEY FO AZ IT" section of the cipher. This is because there are only so many probable 3 and 2 letter words and this is a long string of them. Using this we could either solve a periodic Vigenere cipher or a Vigenere auto-key cipher; we just have to look for the keyword/message. I have already made a probable word list for Vigenere decryption of the text, and once I finish it for a few other variations I'll post it on here so I can get help combing through all of the possibilities. 

Also this thread has the decryptions for all of the ciphers (I think) but doesn't have all of the methods that were used. I have been keeping track on a reddit post https://redd.it/44gzsn for those who are interested. I contains links to explanations.

As for TG, there are still the three unsolved ciphers. The only one I have any strong opinions on is TheGiant cipher. I'll keep it brief bc we're on the DE cipher thread, but basically I'm convinced it's in base64 alphabet. Clearly if you put it into a base64 decoder you get gibberish, but my thoughts are 2 fold. 1) they made a classical cipher using the base64 alphabet 2) they took the message, converted to base64, and then did a 3rd step using the "TheGiant" key. 

@MrRoflWaffles Well, there is an example of the key and cipher both being on the map but being separated. The cipher that Tac solved and that is going around as the Peter Cipher, is generally tagged as this: http://imgur.com/iiFjnvi This is incorrect though. The Fireplace Cipher is actually the key for a homophonic cipher that is found in the Rocket Pad area: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/182001-all-ciphers/#comment-1747986 It is the cipher in the rocket pad area that actually describes Peter. My explanation of this: https://redd.it/44uz03    As another example I would site your own decryption of the Origins ciphers. As I understand it (which I wasn't really involved with the community back then), the key wasn't given with those but was actually manually found by piecing parts of it together. I'm proposing doing a similar thing with the clock tower cipher. I do definitely understand your point, and I do think that it's probably the norm to give the key when a key is needed. 

About "the castle" ....after the wolf bow cipher i think it's the "," and "." And "..." are on the right spot in the cipher...(hope u understand what I mean)

The spaces are not...

So I have Looked for the last textpart: EEULZ - so a Word with double letter at the beginnIng - so the only Word you get in english is "eerie" But u not change the e....So what about do it in reverse?...

ZLUEE.YOOIYZVKOAUKEONPOETNITNRIOYFLULL...OTOHPRMNLYWDIACAAN,GAMUACYYRSWPARAYSHTAEHYCDNGRRLOY

Archived