The Official Der Eisendrache Feedback Thread

Tac

On 10.2.2016 at 0:06 AM, shirtlesservice said:

thundergun PaP'ed had 28 ammo. If you use the upgraded shots of the bow there are 37, and those shots don't generally kill a full 24 zombie train. I'd say that's fairly balanced

After playing again a few times i must repeat this words - the fire, void and Wolf bow are weapons which are balanced... the Electric bow is way Over-Powered... if you play with randoms one Player always Run for this bow and after that he camps - so this Player does nothing but get the most kills and Levels the fastest - if I play with randoms i dont give much about the Level and which bow they pick - but when there is a prestige 6 and he plays like he is a newbie....Dont know what to say

I dont like playing solo - but it was the only way to do the easter egg 

In this attempt i Played with the Electric bow and after the ee completed(about round 20) i just stand near the pyramid and without making one step -only to get the trops- I reached round 34 and 2600 kills... So is this a live saver or op? 

I know in the higher round it's not this strong but without making a step to a round over 30? I dont know....

On 11.2.2016 at 9:33 PM, MikeCirka said:

Found another strange bug. Put the shield together today and picked it up, but Instead of the usual shield icon on the HUD with the 3 rocket charges, there was no icon and a 2 offset to the left. When I tried to pull it out, I had an infinite supply of claymores instead of the shield, but when I placed them they just sat on the ground and didn't do anything...

I'll try to get video of that and the fire stone bug I posted about earlier. I guess just view the clips and then share to youtube from my PSN?

EDIT: I'm finding all of them, I guess... Just had a round where I couldn't switch to my bow after starting the wolf bow upgrade quest. Either that, or it's because of the Turned PaP type. Does it not let you switch weapons while you have turned zombies running around?

Did you play solo? A host migration  always fu**s the game out so it just impossible to play - dont know why they use host migration  if it does not work (same on soe you cannot wall run anymore after a host migration) on der eisendrache i always lose my bow and all points..the ragnarok does not work Anymore and if you change to the shield you get claymores... 

One time I had Trip mines- lost them but get one round unlimited grenades....this is a thing they should fix - better they just end the game instead let the game total glitched out...

Sorry for Bad english ;)

3 hours ago, Nieno69 said:

In this attempt i Played with the Electric bow and after the ee completed(about round 20) i just stand near the pyramid and without making one step -only to get the trops- I reached round 34 and 2600 kills... So is this a live saver or op? 

I know in the higher round it's not this strong but without making a step to a round over 30? I dont know....

Round 30 really isn't all that high on this map... you could do it in less than an hour almost every time. The electric bow becomes much less effective in like the later 30's-early 40's, then the map starts to get more difficult.

5 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

Round 30 really isn't all that high on this map... you could do it in less than an hour almost every time. The electric bow becomes much less effective in like the later 30's-early 40's, then the map starts to get more difficult.

I doesnt say its a high round...It is the Part without moving....

With the other bows you have to train - with the Electric you doesn't have to move till mid30

• Moderators
On ‎6‎-‎2‎-‎2016 at 2:16 AM, Rissole25 said:

No comic loading screen. This is probably my most disappointing thing. I was disappointed with Shadows and The Giant's loading screens but they were at least comic booky. Der Eisendrache just uses the maps menu icon. Disappointing and I hope this isn't a thing for the rest.

I liked the comics from bo1/2 also more then the loadingscreens these days. BTW, maybe 4 years too late, but awesome comicbook you made back then. I just saw your post about it.

@shirtlessservice You can camp way beyond round 40 with the storm bow. I'm not sure if the damage is infinite, but you can still camp with it well into the 80's, and whilst I haven't had a serious high round attempt myself yet, I would guess it will be a similar situation to the Apothicon Servant where you can camp the majority of higher rounds with Alchemical Antithesis and only bail out and train when you really have to.

As for feedback, really enjoying the map in terms of the layout, easter egg etc but I have to agree with @Nieno69, the storm bow is OP and means that if someone knows how to use it, nobody is going to move. We are back to Die Rise co-op strategy where one player uses the WW to cover all 4 players in a high spawn rate camping spot, and the other 3 players may as well head off out for the rest of the day. They won't be needed.

There are also the 2 recent issues added with the latest update. Zombies bugging out when waiting on the control panel for the ragnarok part at the rocket test site, and slow walking zombies for the whole game. Interacting with the pack-a-punch machine seems much more buggy than usual (getting the machine to take your weapon, and taking weapon back from machine). There is also a bug with death and taxes which makes your character get stuck in a running animation, meaning you cannot fire the death and taxes again until you cycle back through your weapons.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just finished the Easter Egg again with @InfestLithium and while everything seems to work SUPER smooth for the most part, I do have a few major beef:

1. Object density and barrier width:

The zombie objects themselves, as well as the barriers of static objects and the character being played feel very wide and, in the case of the zombies, a single one has far more pushing power than you as the player do. Narrow escapes feel like a thing of the past, as I repeatedly found myself pushed into a corner by the zombie object, and having no push-back like we did in Black Ops 1 and 2 (where enough wiggling back and forth might open a gap just in time), not only do all the zombies behind me whirlwind, but I literally have been forced to stand in the corner, just waiting to hear the sound of my shield breaking.

2. Route-prediction spawning.

Call of the Dead was exhausting due to respawn rates. Black Ops 3 is sadly so much worse. You can literally round a corner, look back, and an entire train will have despawned. I'm not even exaggerating. A particular area I'm thinking of is running through the waterfront area main gate on SoE, turning to look back in the junction, and the whole train will have disappeared as soon as I am out of sight.

Der Eisendrache is even worse. With all the narrow passageways, spawns half as close to the far end as the full length, nearly every time 2-3 zombies will already be at the end of the passage, waiting for me when I arrive. last night, I was to the point I could predict the time of their arrival, but due to the narrowness of the passage and the remnants of a train still following me, there was no way out using an MG, PAPed or otherwise. 
Not to mention that I was twice downed while standing in the middle of 3 charged Void Bow shots, meaning even a bow might not save me. Especially without Juggernog.

3. The unresponsive PAP.

The PAP took several tries before it would accept my weapon, and on several occasions, I was trapped there, having been forced to stop, stand still and press and hold x up to 4 times before the PAP would respond; not to mention running a train and trying to take the weapon back out before it disappears forever (also 2-3 attempts have been necessary, and I'm using a brand new Xbox Elite controller.) This is not the fault of the X button, as proved by the prompt response of literally EVERY other object I interacted with.

4. Please, hear me, our friends at Treyarch: please reduce the number of CotD-style berserker zombies. They have nearly, if not the same, running animation as the shreiker from Shang, which was a BOSS. Now an entire train can be made of them. A few can be a lot of fun and a great challenge, but a whole train (especially considering the respawn rate, above), becomes exhausting.

5. The Keeper infinite dog round needs a nerf. They spawn WAY too many of them WAY too fast. It is literally exhausting. By all means, infinite dogs, but the status quo is like a whole entire map of No Mans Land. 

6. Running with a splash damage weapon used to require a different strategy, namely, PHD or a wide training area. Back in the day, there were different playing styles - run and gun SMG/AR/Shotgun players, Splash Damage weapon users, snipers and LMG campers, however, things seem to be designed to force everyone to use a splash damage weapon. I, for one, do not like using splash damage weapons. I am an AR/SMG guy all the way, all the time. On DE, I feel forced to use a bow if I even hope to revive  a teammate or PAP a weapon.

Not to mention, I like the fact that original splash damage weapons were actually a threat to the player as well. It forced the player to use the weapon wisely or use a perk slot on PHD Flopper (RIP, we love you.) Now, the respawn rate, narrow passages and wide objects essentially force players to have at least 1 weapon capable of dealing splash...which, as aforementioned, cheesily enough, does not harm the player.

Just some thoughts. I LOVE a challenge, and don't like maps to be too easy; but neither do I like getting stuck on a whirlwinding zombie object with NO give, being virtually forced to use a wonder weapon, or losing my MG to the PAP because it didn't respond when I attempted to pick it up.

• Like 1
  • Administrators

After playing Der Eisendrache so much, I agree with Nabz.

Believe me - the map is beautifully designed and really gives that layout challenge where maps like Shangri-la and Verruckt really stood out in. At the same time, certain mechanics from the BO3 Zombies engine alone make the map near impossible to fully play out without having the same setup among all players - an upgraded elemental bow and an LMG.

The easter egg is fun minus the infinite dogs and poor "fail a step wait a round" pisshole. I'd like to see more challenge in terms of solving puzzles, not hitting random objects around the map with zero indication as to what you're even doing. Think Call of the Dead and Shangri-la standards.

• Like 1
  • Administrators
12 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

The easter egg is fun minus the infinite dogs and poor "fail a step wait a round" pisshole. I'd like to see more challenge in terms of solving puzzles, not hitting random objects around the map with zero indication as to what you're even doing. Think Call of the Dead and Shangri-la standards.

Truer words were never spoken. Call of the Dead, especially, may have been a rough gameplay map considering Berserkers and George, but that EE was downright legendary. Honestly, unless the MPD is involved, can we not do any more "charge this object by killing zombies" step again? Its original role in Moon was dark and morbid, yet quite ingenious at the time, but now it's beginning to feel like the Jack of all Trades of zombies. "Because charged by dead zombies."

Can we do more building stuff, punching buttons, pulling levers, linking items/repairing connections, all-player synchronized actions and timing/accuracy based steps? What about literally finding and gathering pieces of maps/blueprints?

You can spend three or four rounds at the rocket, fling back up to spawn with the jump pad and there are three zombies waiting for you next to the landing pad, effectively trapping you. 

When you're still in the air, you can already see those little thugs camping on the landing circle. 

I think they should spawn in after actually landing. 

I agree on the pack-a-punch, it takes me three minutes to hit X correctly....

What are beserker zombies? You just mean the faster ones? I kinda like to have a train of those. 

Easter Egg? Weird as usual. At least this one can be done solo. 

• Like 1
  • Administrators
On 5/8/2016 at 5:35 AM, Koslans said:

What are beserker zombies? You just mean the faster ones? I kinda like to have a train of those. 

Yeah, the ones who are so fast they are doubled over. They appeared in CotD when George does his rally rage. Like I said, a few can be fun, but a whole train of them is just exhausting. You can hardly outrun them.