Zombie's map concept COMPETITION!

VOTE HERE!  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ROLL UP ROLL UP! And PREPARE your EYEHOLES for the most spectacular event held on CODZ TODAY! 

Myself, @Stop Mocking Me0 one Mr. @Black Hand Smith, and one Mr.  @Nightmare Voyager 

ARE GOING HEAD TO HEAD IN A BATTLE OF CREATIVITY, WITS, AND CARPAL TUNNEL!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The name of the game is MAP CONCEPTS! To which the three contenders present their latest and completely original concepts 

TO YOU! 

Be sure to vote here for who you think is the winner of each category!

------------------------------------------------------

Rules: 

-Players are allowed to Showcase ONE zombies map, any maps attached to it (ie: Grief maps, Turned maps, Survival maps) are not to be JUDGED but can be submitted, only the main map is to be judged. 

-Likewise, the inclusion of the rest of the DLC (Multiplayer maps, new weapons, extra zombies maps that aren't related to the main one) CAN be included but must not be taken into the judges' decision making process. 

The map MUST be original, and can not be linked to any other previously published map by the same or any other author. However, concepts (jump-pads, denizens, wonder weapons,ect.) can be re-used from previous maps as long as they're implemented in an original way. 

All hail Hypno-Toad. 

And above all, the number one rule: Don't try to cheat the system, we know who's voting for who. Not that any of the contenders would cheat... 

The Categories are: 

"Design" 

-Overall, just what map is the MOST epic in terms of eye-catching fantasticality. Something you'll aspire to note every tiny little detail and bit of easter egg in their writing. Be sure to look deep for tiny easter eggs with keen eyes for details. The SUBTLEST things could make all the difference in your choices. -

"Logic" 

-Looking great isn't everything: Weigh in your mind every possibility for each of these maps logically. How hard will it be to revive players? How hard will certain steps be? Will anything begin to get repetitive too soon? If there's a boss, or event, how will that actually effect gameplay in the first game and the fiftieth. -

"Casual Play"

-It may look super impressive with an easter egg and story, but what about players who just want to come in and have some fun? Do you want to play this map just for fun to get to high rounds? -

(Note: Due to the Polls on Codz only allowing for two possible polls to be taken, the "Casual Play" poll will need to be taken here: 

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll562943x5bBa4C07-24

Below are the links to all 3 concepts, take your time before you vote to ensure you know which one of us deserves the title of BEST MAPPER ON CODZ. 

@Black Hand Smith

"Curse of the Lycan"

87a3ead0900cae2fc41e6bd53cc36649.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Nightmare Voyager

"Forge"

6kfa7pjx_NT5ebNwTnDPd8zc4DtKujr_Ju1K6Dju

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Stop Mocking Me0

"WITHIN"

hollowearth.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMEMBER:

Voting ends at 11:59 PM EST next Friday, February 5th 2016!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

NMV can post his map whenever he wants. Me and BHS put ours out early. He has til the end of today (11:59 PM) to post his. In the meantime feel free to browse BHS's map and my map, 

I will try to find time to read all 3, probably not tonight though :smile:

41 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Literally not tonight, NV isn't coming out tonight -_-"

Yeah it is? I told you it will be out within the timeframe you said.

2 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

That posted back when you said midnight on Sunday. 

Ah, on here it only just appeared for me as being posted. An hour or something will be when its posted.

• Moderators

In my opinion, Curse of the Lycan earns Casual playing, because the other maps I think are too complicated for normal zombie players. I also think it has a great atmosfear, looking to the graveyard and the creepy dark city.

Forge earns Design, it is very well designed, with worlds built on other worlds and that whole backstory.....wow.

But for me, a zombie storyline fan, the best map is Within, and earns Logic.

The story continues and the O4 and a long expected place return: Agartha, the hollow earth.

However, I think this map would be too large.

When someone's down at the other side of the map, you could be too late to revive him (tombstone soda?).

But for all the world designers: Great work!

Edited by anonymous

That's why the sacred stones are in place. You can easily access the other side of the map in just a handful of seconds obviously there's still issues with this, just like there is in SOE, but I think for the most part it's not as bad as tranzit.

Likewise, each area is designed for group travel, offering plenty of places close enough to each other for any camping or training needs. 

Thank you for your feedback! 

Well done, all of you. These clearly took a ton of work, and I hope they get the attention and response that the amount of work merits.

Seriously impressed by how thought through and thorough all of the different features were in each map, and they each have their own pros and cons.

I found it interesting how some of the different features were very similar to each other (killing zombies to activate perk machines, for example) maybe we'll see stuff like that in future DLC :D one can only hope

2 hours ago, The Meh said:

Y'know, you should post this where it belongs (Zombie Labs), but otherwise, GG.

(I'd have finished, too, but I had too much to do on it for it to actually get finished... xP)

The posts are in zombie labs, but considering the "general zombie's" section is more popular and this IS general zombies discussion. Just saying. 

9 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Well, looks like I've won 2 out of 3 of the sections.... 

Not that it really matters much, only one guy voted in one section. I swear, it wasn't me. And in the other two only 3 people voted. 
Good job NMV and BHS, now that the competition is over, I'm going to fully review your 2 maps. 

I voted on both, choosing you and Smith in that order