Early Round Beast Mode Routes (Text Tutorial)

Greer

After playing a lot of solo, working out the best starting beast modes etc, I think I have it nailed to get easy PaP on round 3. Not for the fact I need it then, but so I can get to the swords done before the Servant is even available, so that those 2 tasks aren't getting in the way of each other. This is a guide highlighting my most commonly used beast mode routes, sorry I don't have any video, I would like to add them to make this guide clearer in the future 

Round 1

For the first ritual you'll want to start by opening Junction immediately and using the Stamin' Up Beast Mode spot. Usually I just don't turn Stamin' Up on, because it screws me up for the rest of this, but you can if you want. I begin by getting the pen, and then I grapple up to Nero's, get to the top of the stairs to open it up and jump over the wall and shoot the power. From here I jump down, melee the door to the power up, power Quick Revive and break the Summoning Key. If I have time, which I sometimes do, I run and open Stamin' Up

After doing your beast mode, you should be able to kill all the zombies and have enough to open 1 door. Open Canals up(1000). End the round. 

Round 2

At this point it would be wise to pick up a fumigator, although I'd recommend only opening one pod, which would hopefully drop an RK5 for the Margwa. It's still managable without it, but the RK5 makes it several times easier

You'll want to get as many points as you can here with the bloodhound, which can be frustrating because of its damage. Leave one and open the second door in Canals (1250). For this Beast Mode, I have 2 different routes you can take. One allows you to get the cop badge, rift door and the egg statue, with a risk of missing the Ruby Rabbit stairs, and the other avoids the egg statue and you have a much higher chance of getting the Ruby Rabbit open. I'd recommend the latter, since this is a guide on early PaP and not early swords, but I'll cover both. Let's start with the egg statue one

Both of these will start with the Beast Mode closest to the Junction. You will run up the left side of the Canals towards the Kuda and cut into the actual canal at the stairs here. You'll then break the Cop Badge box, Rift door, and power the bars in front of the Cop Badge. Then you'll go up the stairs at the Civil Protector and break the egg statue. From here you can jump up and power the Ruby Rabbit door, however it can be hard to hit. With some practice, you can nail it every time, but be prepared to miss the power switch

Onto the safer route. For this one, you will do all of the same route as you do until you power the Cop Badge area. Instead of running and breaking the egg statue open, you will grapple up, and run down through the Ruby Rabbit to open it. I find this much easier and I hardly ever fail it this way

After the ritual is done, you'll have a Margwa to deal with. He shouldn't be too hard to kill, even with a Bloodhound since it's round 2. If you must, buy an RK5 from Easy Street. Once the Margwa is down, kill the last zombie and start the next round

Round 3

Once you have again killed all but one zombie, you should have at least 2250 points. This is the minimum required to do the next ritual. You'll have a choice of where to go next, Footlight or Waterfront. I'd recommend Footlight as there is no Margwa on the 3rd ritual, and they are easier to deal with in Waterfront after the 4th ritual. I'll explain Footlight first since this is the way I prefer

You will want to first open both doors, and then use the Beast Mode spot beside the KN-44 chalk. When in Beast Mode, face the Burlesque and move right. Look up and grapple above the sign, turn on the power box, and grapple to the spot on your left. From here, work your way down the stairs and power the perk, stairs and then break the crate to drop the hairpiece. Try to drop directly down, as you can possibly break the egg statue if you have enough time, and even the Rift door if you are flawless. 

Perform the ritual next, and if you have enough points, you should be able to open all of Waterfront. This all depends on how well you can point whore on the previous rounds. If you do not have enough, simply kill the zombie and kill all but one again on round 4, maximising your points

For Waterfront I use the second Beast Mode spot, and I begin by facing back towards the Junction. You will want to look up on the building closest and grapple to the highest point. From here break the box to drop the championship belt, and then sprint jump off to clear the stairs, and run all the way down to the boxing gym. Open the door, and if you have enough time you can run back up to break the Rift door, but this is not a priority as you will have the Canal one open.

Collect the belt and perform the ritual. I find training the Margwa round the outside of the boxing gym building is a simple way to deal with it, so stick to that and there you have it, PaP on round 3.

I'm fully aware that this is not the most efficient way to open PaP early, however I find it to be the most reliable, and I don't have to do round 1 60 zombie glitches or whatever. I also appreciate that this guide is not thorough, and I intend to edit this guide and properly format it too for easier reading :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only suggestion I have, pertains to the Canal District. I've found I can open the entire District in one go, if I start at the Beast Fountain beside the Egg Statue. The key here, is to ADS at the power box inside the Ruby Rabbit, before you transform.

Once you have done this transform, (do NOT jump) zap the switch, immediately turn around and break open the Egg Statue. Now your going to want to turn 90° (facing the Civil Protector) jump over the railing turn around zap that box. 

Make your way through the Canals breaking open the Rift Portal & the Badge. Finally turn around look up grapple up to the top level Zap the power box for the perk, and finish it off by hauling ass towards the stairs.

I've got another method for the Waterfront where you can open that all in one go, except this requires you to take the Tram from the Canal District, which actually saves you points, as opposed to opening the gates in Junction. If your interested in can explain this further.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be trying that Canal one soon, I take it you're extremely close to the end as you open the last stairs?

I'd be interested to hear your Waterfront method, I have an idea what it would be, starting at the workbench one, opening the gym, running back to get the belt, rift door, and then perk?

34 minutes ago, ultimategamings said:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be trying that Canal one soon, I take it you're extremely close to the end as you open the last stairs?

I'd be interested to hear your Waterfront method, I have an idea what it would be, starting at the workbench one, opening the gym, running back to get the belt, rift door, and then perk?

Yea Canals are right tight. With a little practice, you'll have it down in no time.

So for the Waterfront District, your going to want to ride the Tram there to begin with. Now there are a couple ways you can go about doing this; 

• A) Dont worry about opening the "Rift" Doors. Since you'll already have the "Canal District" open.

• B) Spend a few extra points on the gate between the Championship Belt and Beast Fountain.

Now upon arrival at the Waterfront Districts Tram Station, head down the stairs and buy the gate on your left to access the "Fuse" & "Shield" part. This is where you will begin your journey in opening the Waterfront District in one "Beast" Transformation. At this point you should have already decided wether or not you were going to open the "Rift" now or later on.

Now once again you have a decision to make, before "Transforming". If you want to run the, 5and5 "Front of Waterfront" Strat, then once you transform don't worry about shocking the Stairs. 

______

So you'll begin at the Beast Fountain, located directly beside the Perk Machine. Immediately turn and Zap the Perk, (depending on your strat) next zap the Stairs or go straight towards the "Egg Statue". 

Once you've cleared that debris, run out the opening and turn 90° to your right and look slightly upwards. Grapple over to the "Belt" & knock it down. Now depending on the decision you made earlier, either drop straight down, and open the "Rift" door, and be prepared to "Haul Ass" to the Anvil.

If you decided to open the "Rift" later, once you knock the crate down containing the "Championship Belt", do a running jump over the fence and follow it up by high-tailing it all the way to the "Anvil". This essentially is how to open the "Waterfront District" in one "Beast" Transformation.

____

Good luck, once again a little practice, You'll have it down in no time. This one is relatively easy, as long as you decide beforehand the route your going to run. Unlike me where I always forget to buy the Gate, so when I open the "Rift" I have to use another one for the Anvil & part of the underground area.

Ah, I would have never thought of that route xD. I really need to get into the habit of calling it the Anvil, not the boxing gym xD. 

I don't know why, but I tend to never use the trams. Using them I may be able to get PaP open on round 2. I'll write up a refined guide once I have tried it out. After taking a break from SoE, I'm finding myself loving it, finding the best way to do solo runs mostly by myself

1 hour ago, ultimategamings said:

Ah, I would have never thought of that route xD. I really need to get into the habit of calling it the Anvil, not the boxing gym xD. 

I don't know why, but I tend to never use the trams. Using them I may be able to get PaP open on round 2. I'll write up a refined guide once I have tried it out. After taking a break from SoE, I'm finding myself loving it, finding the best way to do solo runs mostly by myself

Yea to me Shadows seems more of a Solo map, although I've never played it with anyone else (lol) Co-Op could be fun with the right Group. 

Using the Tram on the early rounds ony benefits you, by saving points. Outside of that and gathering the 3 Symbols for the Sword Chamber, I rarely ever use it, actually I NEVER use it.

The Anvil, Boxing Gym. Boxing Gym, the Anvil. It's all the same.

Being solo, and often zombie cloning, i do things weird.

One view of Waterfront: good for bk and ritual. From Tram, open the Fuse area steps. Hit the beast fountain behind The Anvil, get the Anvil door, run up the skinny side, past the workbench area, grapple right to Belt-Box ledge, turn around and grapple to walkway by perk. Hit the cthulu box, perk, and steps. Only missing the Rift beast Door. You may not always make it.

----------------------

Clone solo strategy from start, 3 Beast: 

Start, grab fumigator, wait until shadowman leaves, open $500 Door, grenade Chang's for $500 back, gather zombies at Quick Revive, fix window ($40), take $100 from QR machine.

Activate Easy Street Beast, zap the 6, zap QR, mash Beast Door, mash Summoning Key box, activate Crane, activate Stamin-Up. First beast done.

Gather the 12 by Stamin-Up, take $100 from SU machine. Activate Beast there. Carefully zap all zombies, open Nero's. Second beast done. (Did you know that you can grapple up to Nero's, then run on the edge of the building, rather than go through Nero's)?

Stab 2 zombies, so that you now have $1000 (Chang's 500+qr100+su100+w40+z130+z130).

(I go for Bowie Knife, so) Open Waterfront, gather most zombies by the Beast Fountain there. Activate Beast, zap the crowd as they run down Waterfront. *Then, head to where the Championship Belt drops (still as beast).

Jump the lowest part of the rail by the Lone Pod between the 2 $1250 Doors, run up to next door, jump the rail, run to The Anvil, break open the Beast Door.

Then, carefully stab the 40-50 round 1 zombies and go buy the $1250 Door (by Lone Pod) and the Bowie Knife.

----or----

*Instead, after zapping the WF zombies, run over by the Civil Protector switch, grapple up to Championship Belt box, knock it down, carefully jump over the $1250 Doors area and run down to the Anvil. Either way works.

This is how i start most games.

@83457

If during your first "Beast" you started at Stamin-Up, you could get everything done in 1 "Beast". Be sure there's a 2x in the Power-Up room. 

For the 2nd "Beast" activate at Q.R. run to "Canals" jump on the right banister about halfway down, jump across. From here use the Grapple, zap.the Perk & open the Stairs. 

Then do the damn thing in Waterfront.

17 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457

If during your first "Beast" you started at Stamin-Up, you could get everything done in 1 "Beast". Be sure there's a 2x in the Power-Up room. 

For the 2nd "Beast" activate at Q.R. run to "Canals" jump on the right banister about halfway down, jump across. From here use the Grapple, zap.the Perk & open the Stairs. 

Can't do that canal jump on 360 sadly.

17 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457

Can't do that canal jump on 360 sadly.