Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop Mocking Me0

what's the first thing you will do...

Donor

When the new mod tools drop for BO3?

I'm actually going to spend a few hours trying to understand how everything works. I'll get it eventually. I'm probably going to design a box map like this: 

On one side of the room there is jug, a gumball machine, the box, and a 10000 point buy for the Gravity Spikes. On the other side, there's the wonderfizz, speed cola, and double tap. In the middle is a big pit that you have to wall run to the other side to which all the zombies pop out of, but there are electric traps on either side.  The characters will likely be the Giant crew. In the wonderfizz would be deadshot, widdows wine, and vulture's aid if I can get it. 

It's small, simple, and feasible to me. What about you guys? 

Please don't do that thing everyone does on Reddit and put half the title so we will click on the post, its just misleading and irritating XD.

Anyways I am going to really try to learn the tools. I hope they aren't too complex, it would be nice for them to make it so you can create a map (at least a simple one like the Giant) very easily, like kind of like an easy to use interface that lets you drag and drop stuff. I am not sure what my first map will be, but it won't be any ideas I have ever had because there is no point wasting ideas.

Donor

Like the UGX mods? Yeah, there likely WILL be something like that, but not at first. Those things take time to make. But who knows? Maybe the old one will be compatible or something and we'll see it soon after the tools are released? 

Also, sorry for clickbaiting. Didn't mean to. I figured considering the section it'd be obvious. 

7 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Like the UGX mods? Yeah, there likely WILL be something like that, but not at first. Those things take time to make. But who knows? Maybe the old one will be compatible or something and we'll see it soon after the tools are released? 

Also, sorry for clickbaiting. Didn't mean to. I figured considering the section it'd be obvious. 

Its okay dude XD, I hop it's a little easier than the UGX mods. Like you can easily choose between putting weapons and huds and so on in without it being all complicated. Basically I want them to make it so that they could release the tools and you wouldn't feel out of your depth with it and could at the least make a simple map.

Donor

Snowmap definitely with assets from campaigns mission Demon Within

9 minutes ago, HitmanVere said:

Snowmap definitely with assets from campaigns mission Demon Within

Snow maps? Please say that is a joke? After the four snow maps we have had, barely anyone wants one again.

Donor
11 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Snow maps? Please say that is a joke? After the four snow maps we have had, barely anyone wants one again.

I love snowmaps, lol. Dont care, if there is million of them, I still like them :tounge_wink:

18 minutes ago, HitmanVere said:

I love snowmaps, lol. Dont care, if there is million of them, I still like them :tounge_wink:

As long as there's no ice, & I keep repeating how C'C'C'old it is, I'm down.

Donor
1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

As long as there's no ice, & I keep repeating how C'C'C'old it is, I'm down.

I disagree! With the new water physics, they could have a whole underwater section! 

We don't know if ZOMBIES can attack or even swim in water yet... But I remain hopeful. Besides, they'd have to give the SOE and Giant characters swimming dialogue for something!

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I disagree! With the new water physics, they could have a whole underwater section! 

We don't know if ZOMBIES can attack or even swim in water yet... But I remain hopeful. Besides, they'd have to give the SOE and Giant characters swimming dialogue for something!

I was referring to CotD and being frozen in the water. I think the ability to actually swim in a map would be dope a.f.

I'm just going to wait and let the big boys play with it first. I'm almost certain that Treyarch's tools will be more complicated than lets say, mario maker, so I'm gonna hope that some of the bigger names in custom zombies (I'm looking at you UGX crew) can help us little guys out.

Hell, my laptop can't even really run the game correctly right now, so I'll probably have to wait to really dive into the custom map experience. Hopefully by that time big map creators have made some pretty spectacular stuff, like they managed to do with WaW.

8 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

I'm just going to wait and let the big boys play with it first. I'm almost certain that Treyarch's tools will be more complicated than lets say, mario maker, so I'm gonna hope that some of the bigger names in custom zombies (I'm looking at you UGX crew) can help us little guys out.

Hell, my laptop can't even really run the game correctly right now, so I'll probably have to wait to really dive into the custom map experience. Hopefully by that time big map creators have made some pretty spectacular stuff, like they managed to do with WaW.

With some of the maps I've seen that were even remotely possible with [email protected] I definitely expect to see a few maps, give Treyarch a run for their $$$. 

Just now, Ragdo11706 said:

With some of the maps I've seen that were even remotely possible with [email protected] I definitely expect to see a few maps, give Treyarch a run for their $$$. 

Just looking back at Yoteslaya's channel, and looking at some of the things that NGT and Relaxing play on, makes me forget that [email protected] is a game that came out 8 years ago. If the mod tools have the same effect on this game, with the improved graphics and (mot likely) capabilities of the engine that BO3 runs on, the longevity of this game, especially in the zombies community, is indeterminable.

23 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

Just looking back at Yoteslaya's channel, and looking at some of the things that NGT and Relaxing play on, makes me forget that [email protected] is a game that came out 8 years ago. If the mod tools have the same effect on this game, with the improved graphics and (mot likely) capabilities of the engine that BO3 runs on, the longevity of this game, especially in the zombies community, is indeterminable.

Haha, Yote (R.I.P.) "What's up ladies & genitals". One of my favorite YouTubers, he was funny a.f.

Yea I couldn't agree more, I guess that's Treyarchs (or should I say Activisions) ploy behind only releasing one map per DLC. Although, I'm hopeful the final DLC will be a lot like ReZurrection.

1 minute ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Haha, Yote (R.I.P.) "What's up ladies & genitals". One of my favorite YouTubers, he was funny a.f.

Yea I couldn't agree more, I guess that's Treyarchs (or should I say Activisions) ploy behind only releasing one map per DLC. Although, I'm hopeful the final DLC will be a lot like ReZurrection.

Kind of off topic, but how cool would it be if they had a send off with a few of the maps remastered, with a promise to remaster the rest over the next year while they developed the next game?

What a pipe dream. It would be pretty sweet though

4 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

Kind of off topic, but how cool would it be if they had a send off with a few of the maps remastered, with a promise to remaster the rest over the next year while they developed the next game?

What a pipe dream. It would be pretty sweet though

Can you say "Nerdgasm"! That would be Epic. I really couldn't think of a better way to end the season. Given the 3 year cycle, if the mod tools only come out for PC, that's pretty shitty for all the console players who paid all that $$, for what 6 maps.

1 minute ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Can you say "Nerdgasm"! That would be Epic. I really couldn't think of a better way to end the season. Given the 3 year cycle, if the mod tools only come out for PC, that's pretty shitty for all the console players who paid all that $$, for what 6 maps.

I think its gonna be a "just PC" type of thing, which I can live with, I just prefer to be able to play the game with a controller, which shouldn't be a problem.

But yeah, this game cost me 110 total, because of the season pass for the PS4. It's odd to think of that as saving $10 i would have spent on the map packs otherwise

24 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

I think its gonna be a "just PC" type of thing, which I can live with, I just prefer to be able to play the game with a controller, which shouldn't be a problem.

But yeah, this game cost me 110 total, because of the season pass for the PS4. It's odd to think of that as saving $10 i would have spent on the map packs otherwise

Yea, I think so as well. I just think if all console players get are 6 maps, not including DOA II. Is pretty shitty in my book. Come to think of it, 5 if you didn't get one of the Collectors editions.

The mod tools arent going to be a simple "Drag & Drop". It will basically be as complicated as the WaW tools. 

Pretty sure it is still developed in Radiant & not much will change from the way WaW custom maps are made. You ain't going to learn this "in a few hours". 

Otherwise Treyarch could pump out maps or even have 1 map that isn't full of glitches

17 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

The mod tools arent going to be a simple "Drag & Drop". It will basically be as complicated as the WaW tools. 

Pretty sure it is still developed in Radiant & not much will change from the way WaW custom maps are made. You ain't going to learn this "in a few hours". 

Otherwise Treyarch could pump out maps or even have 1 map that isn't full of glitches

No I realize that. I'm speaking in regards to Black Ops III as a whole, Shadows on disc, 4 DLC maps, & 1 collectors edition map. That's only 6 maps, which is why I was saying I think in DLC 4, will be an all Zombie DLC, or they may bring in remastered maps during the "Off Season".

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Yea, I think so as well. I just think if all console players get are 6 maps, not including DOA II. Is pretty shitty in my book. Come to think of it, 5 if you didn't get one of the Collectors editions.

They'll see the giant later just like they did with nuketown before, that will fix itself

8 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

No I realize that. I'm speaking in regards to Black Ops III as a whole, Shadows on disc, 4 DLC maps, & 1 collectors edition map. That's only 6 maps, which is why I was saying I think in DLC 4, will be an all Zombie DLC, or they may bring in remastered maps during the "Off Season".

Exactly, if they can't offer mod tools then an awesome way to make up for it would be to remaster other maps, with maybe a few new things hidden, so the consoles don't lose out so hard

Donor
1 hour ago, shirtlesservice said:

Should have waited two weeks for the black friday sale. Digital deluxe edition: 90$. 

23 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Should have waited two weeks for the black friday sale. Digital deluxe edition: 90$. 

I went in on the deal @way2g00d pointed out, got the whole game for like $15 or something close to it. I think I got the better end of the deal, because I could just buy the map packs for 60, and still have it be under that $90 mark :D

Donor
26 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

I went in on the deal @way2g00d pointed out, got the whole game for like $15 or something close to it. I think I got the better end of the deal, because I could just buy the map packs for 60, and still have it be under that $90 mark :D

It's 50 for the season's pass.