Understanding How Zombies View Time?

Abel!

On 1/29/2016 at 2:18 AM, NaBrZHunter said:

That is an excellent observation. Yes. Zombies are revitalized by 115 due to it's highly electromagnetic properties. In addition, an EMP can interrupt signal, in this case being the MPD's signal to the zombies. Remember how in the Tranzit EE, zombies had to be killed under the pylon to collect that energy. 

Also note the similarity in response the mystery box has to the EMP. The EMP interrupts the signal from the MPD, locking the controller out of his Aethereal access to that area, ergo, he can no longer 'insert' weapons or objects into that time via the portal known as the mystery box due to that disconnect. Note that the box is still there, the same way the guns you have previously purchased are still there because they have already been completely manifested and are now physical and out of the reach of the controller. However, the guns remain guns and the box remains nothing but a box. 

Hope that made sense. Again, excellent observation. Very fundamental, but not one I have really thought of.

Which begs the question, why does the controller allow the players to wield such weaponry, including the wonder weapons, against their army? If the controller considers the characters a threat, why do they let them fight back? I take it as they enjoy torture, as no matter what you do, the zombies will always succeed in bringing us down. Thoughts?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Just now, Doppelgänger said:

Which begs the question, why does the controller allow the players to wield such weaponry, including the wonder weapons, against their army? If the controller considers the characters a threat, why do they let them fight back? I take it as they enjoy torture, as no matter what you do, the zombies will always succeed in bringing us down. Thoughts?

That is an EXCELLENT question. Brains to you for asking it. We've discussed the powers of the controller a lot, but it's easy to get lost in that side of the discussion.

It would seem, based on Samantha's various quotes, "don't kill them! It gives Teddy more power," and "stop tempting us to kill, Edward!"

Don't quote me on the first one. That isn't the exact wording, but it means the same thing. So in the end, the controller does want the defenders to die, but only after they have unwillingly or unwittingly given him/her more power by resisting.

Not much more has ever been said on the topic, but neither has it been contradicted. 

14 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

That is an EXCELLENT question. Brains to you for asking it. We've discussed the powers of the controller a lot, but it's easy to get lost in that side of the discussion.

It would seem, based on Samantha's various quotes, "don't kill them! It gives Teddy more power," and "stop tempting us to kill, Edward!"

Don't quote me on the first one. That isn't the exact wording, but it means the same thing. So in the end, the controller does want the defenders to die, but only after they have unwillingly or unwittingly given him/her more power by resisting.

Not much more has ever been said on the topic, but neither has it been contradicted. 

It is curious though. Samantha doesn't really seem all that worried about anything when she was in control, so it doesn't make sense why she helps the O4. Richtofen on the other hand had a goal in mind. So that does explain in a way why he helps the N4, but then why does he send the zombies after them? Could it be some other entity within the MPD?

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
On ‎29‎-‎1‎-‎2016 at 5:18 PM, NaBrZHunter said:

That is an excellent observation. Yes. Zombies are revitalized by 115 due to it's highly electromagnetic properties. In addition, an EMP can interrupt signal, in this case being the MPD's signal to the zombies. Remember how in the Tranzit EE, zombies had to be killed under the pylon to collect that energy. 

Also note the similarity in response the mystery box has to the EMP. The EMP interrupts the signal from the MPD, locking the controller out of his Aethereal access to that area, ergo, he can no longer 'insert' weapons or objects into that time via the portal known as the mystery box due to that disconnect. Note that the box is still there, the same way the guns you have previously purchased are still there because they have already been completely manifested and are now physical and out of the reach of the controller. However, the guns remain guns and the box remains nothing but a box. 

Hope that made sense. Again, excellent observation. Very fundamental, but not one I have really thought of.

A thing I have wondered about. Treyarch gave us the information (I believe somewhere in Black Ops) that Element 115 reanimates dead body cells. Like it makes them full operational again. Now there's a thing that makes zombies so special (or at least what I always thought). The entire body of any living human exists only to keep the brain alive. A heart pumps blood with oxygen and other stuff to you brain, and to other organs. All these other organs keep (direct or indirect) you brain alive, by for example destroying food and get useful stuff out of it(stomach). With zombies, it works different. Their brains is all they got. They don't need a stomach, a spleen or a heart. They survive nontheless. Their only weak spot is their brain (headshot). One good shot through their brain, and they're gone. Which made me wonder.

The stuff you've said before, about EMP grenades blocking the connection between the Dark Aether and the undead. The light coming out of their eyes, in connection with the Aether too. Zombies don't move when the connection is gone....so does 115 actually reanimate the dead cells? Isn't it not only the Aether, and the Aether only, that makes dead people undead, and in a way, living. 115 itself does not do anything. It is just the connection with the Aether.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, anonymous said:

A thing I have wondered about. Treyarch gave us the information (I believe somewhere in Black Ops) that Element 115 reanimates dead body cells. Like it makes them full operational again. Now there's a thing that makes zombies so special (or at least what I always thought). The entire body of any living human exists only to keep the brain alive. A heart pumps blood with oxygen and other stuff to you brain, and to other organs. All these other organs keep (direct or indirect) you brain alive, by for example destroying food and get useful stuff out of it(stomach). With zombies, it works different. Their brains is all they got. They don't need a stomach, a spleen or a heart. They survive nontheless. Their only weak spot is their brain (headshot). One good shot through their brain, and they're gone. Which made me wonder.

The stuff you've said before, about EMP grenades blocking the connection between the Dark Aether and the undead. The light coming out of their eyes, in connection with the Aether too. Zombies don't move when the connection is gone....so does 115 actually reanimate the dead cells? Isn't it not only the Aether, and the Aether only, that makes dead people undead, and in a way, living. 115 itself does not do anything. It is just the connection with the Aether.

Well, it isn't technically true that brains are all zombies have, as they are known to continue walking headless until they collapse from bloodloss. So the secret to their reanimation, I would think, is the 115-infused blood. Zombies' circulatory systems are jumpstarted via the brain by the 115's radioactivity, and then maintained as the 115-infused blood continues to pulse through the brain. 

Now, 115 *is* Aether, let's not forget that. "115 is the fabric..." (SoE Scraps)

What you're thinking of is the control nodes, if you will, devices and places like the MPD which have the ability to use the Aether as a conduit for communication. But that communication, like all other radio forms, can only be utilized if the frequencies that it uses are not blocked or receiving interference. 

An EMP, an Electromagnetic Pulse, basically creates an explosion of electromagnetic noise that blocks radio waves and fries circuitry. So as long as the pulse is active, the controller cannot communicate, as the frequencies are all blocked by radio noise, and the zombies lose their primary motivation to continue pursuing anything in particular. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Well, it isn't technically true that brains are all zombies have, as they are known to continue walking headless until they collapse from bloodloss. So the secret to their reanimation, I would think, is the 115-infused blood. Zombies' circulatory systems are jumpstarted via the brain by the 115's radioactivity, and then maintained as the 115-infused blood continues to pulse through the brain. 

Now, 115 *is* Aether, let's not forget that. "115 is the fabric..." (SoE Scraps)

What you're thinking of is the control nodes, if you will, devices and places like the MPD which have the ability to use the Aether as a conduit for communication. But that communication, like all other radio forms, can only be utilized if the frequencies that it uses are not blocked or receiving interference. 

An EMP, an Electromagnetic Pulse, basically creates an explosion of electromagnetic noise that blocks radio waves and fries circuitry. So as long as the pulse is active, the controller cannot communicate, as the frequencies are all blocked by radio noise, and the zombies lose their primary motivation to continue pursuing anything in particular. 

Because of everybody always talking about those "stinking maggot-rotten freakbags", I've always assumed that the flesh zombies exist of, is dead, except their brains. But the blood flowing out of the head once made a headshot, indeed proves me wrong: Zombie bodies and organs actually "live", or at least the heart.

You say 115 is Aether, which is something I have not heard someone saying that direct ever. Wasn't 115 such unstable element, that does not belong to our 3th dimension, that it always "tries" to flip back to its dimension of origins, the Aether. Like negative ions/electrons always try to flow over to a positive charged object/area. It may be because of that, that consuming or having 115 in your body connects your mind to the Aether. The Element forms a bridge

I admire your enthusiasm about this, how something as small as this can be so big. I agree with @anonymous on this. The element itself can only do so much, its radiation can be powerful [if big enough] but it's strength is still limited. Used properly it is capable of opening rips in the in space/time, whilst also being space/time but the Aether is something completely different.  I can't tell you how many there is, but there are different planes of Aether. Gersch entered the aether when he was tricked by his partner and shoved into the Cassimir vacuum. Powerless and trapped in - we will call it Plane 1 - the only way out was through the way he got, by recreating the incident with scraps. 115 is the key. But you know this.

4 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Now, 115 *is* Aether, let's not forget that. "115 is the fabric..."

Then there we have the Dark Aether... Although 115 is a big part to zombies, like you said they thrive off its radiation, it's the Dark aether that reanimates the dead cells. And I think there is a clear divide between 'aether' and the 'dark', because Richthofen & Samantha could never control the zombies, their power too is limited. I am thinking the Dark Aether has an intelligence of its own. Remember in Origins, where the Knight Templar were resurrected? It seems strategic & patient... 

What if the Dark Aether is Teddy?

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, anonymous said:

You say 115 is Aether, which is something I have not heard someone saying that direct ever. Wasn't 115 such unstable element, that does not belong to our 3th dimension, that it always "tries" to flip back to its dimension of origins, the Aether. Like negative ions/electrons always try to flow over to a positive charged object/area. It may be because of that, that consuming or having 115 in your body connects your mind to the Aether. The Element forms a bridge

This has been my understanding more or less. How that connection is established, exactly; upon what plane of existance we cannot be sure. Perhaps the most fundamental of planes. But yes, you might say that the body which contains concentrated 115 has uplink to the Aether. Recall that not only the zombies demonstrate this, but also the infected living, in whom is demonstrated the conflict between free will and the will of the controller, i.e., Richtofen screaming about "the voices," Maxis becoming obsessed with Samantha at Excavation Site 64, Samuel of Victis, Maxis' mental instability at Der Riese, and The Flesh. 

22 minutes ago, Abel! said:

I admire your enthusiasm about this, how something as small as this can be so big. I agree with @anonymous on this. The element itself can only do so much, its radiation can be powerful [if big enough] but it's strength is still limited. Used properly it is capable of opening rips in the in space/time, whilst also being space/time but the Aether is something completely different.  I can't tell you how many there is, but there are different planes of Aether. Gersch entered the aether when he was tricked by his partner and shoved into the Cassimir vacuum. Powerless and trapped in - we will call it Plane 1 - the only way out was through the way he got, by recreating the incident with scraps. 115 is the key. But you know this.

Then there we have the Dark Aether... Although 115 is a big part to zombies, like you said they thrive off its radiation, it's the Dark aether that reanimates the dead cells. And I think there is a clear divide between 'aether' and the 'dark', because Richthofen & Samantha could never control the zombies, their power too is limited. I am thinking the Dark Aether has an intelligence of its own. Remember in Origins, where the Knight Templar were resurrected? It seems strategic & patient... 

What if the Dark Aether is Teddy?

While you are right about the Dark Aether (115) being a part of the reanimation, I must refer back to our previous conversation in this thread in which I empirically demonstrated that the controllers (Richtofen, Samantha and Maxis) do have control over the zombies. Now, whether the controllers truly even control themselves is a whole other question. As stated in my response to @anonymous, living creatures maintain their free will, so although Richtofen and Samantha are driven insane, they still have free will, and through the technology of the MPD, have the power to control the minds of the hoards, and to communicate with the living who are highly contaminated. 

Also, again, see the SoE scrap that states clearly that 115 is the fabric of spacetime, AKA, Aether. So we aren't talking about different things. 

As far as the Knights Templar, however, remember, we're still dealing with Zombies. They hunt and kill people. So the fact that the Templars resurface and kill soldiers is truly no different than The Walking Dead or World War Z. However, at that point in time, as far as them being controlled, we don't necessarily know who is controlling them. Presumably, it isn't the Shadow Man. 

Sounds like you haven't read the Zombies Chronicles transcripts yet, @Abel!. I would recommend doing that, reading all the known ciphers and listening to the Moon and Black Ops 2 Victis Trilogy quotes to gain a full understanding of the powers of the occupant of the MPD.

Also, "Teddy" is confirmed to be Edward Richtofen. See Zombies Chronicles.

• Moderators

@Abel! I personally believe the Aetherial Multiverse Theory, look it up! It's about that the Dark Aether is actually a negative version of the Aether/Agartha. Why should I explain it if there is a whole theory devoted to it:

The plane you called Plane 1, where Gersch is trapped, is (I think) the Dark Aether, a demonic and horrible place in Samantha's control. Once the Casimir Mechanism is activated, he is transferred to the positive Aether, a.k.a Agartha.

The stuff you've said about the Templar Zombies is an interesting thought. Oh, and Teddy is Edward's nickname

2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

This has been my understanding more or less. How that connection is established, exactly; upon what plane of existance we cannot be sure. Perhaps the most fundamental of planes. But yes, you might say that the body which contains concentrated 115 has uplink to the Aether. Recall that not only the zombies demonstrate this, but also the infected living, in whom is demonstrated the conflict between free will and the will of the controller, i.e., Richtofen screaming about "the voices," Maxis becoming obsessed with Samantha at Excavation Site 64, Samuel of Victis, Maxis' mental instability at Der Riese, and The Flesh. 

While you are right about the Dark Aether (115) being a part of the reanimation, I must refer back to our previous conversation in this thread in which I empirically demonstrated that the controllers (Richtofen, Samantha and Maxis) do have control over the zombies. Now, whether the controllers truly even control themselves is a whole other question. As stated in my response to @anonymous, living creatures maintain their free will, so although Richtofen and Samantha are driven insane, they still have free will, and through the technology of the MPD, have the power to control the minds of the hoards, and to communicate with the living who are highly contaminated. 

Also, again, see the SoE scrap that states clearly that 115 is the fabric of spacetime, AKA, Aether. So we aren't talking about different things. 

As far as the Knights Templar, however, remember, we're still dealing with Zombies. They hunt and kill people. So the fact that the Templars resurface and kill soldiers is truly no different than The Walking Dead or World War Z. However, at that point in time, as far as them being controlled, we don't necessarily know who is controlling them. Presumably, it isn't the Shadow Man. 

Sounds like you haven't read the Zombies Chronicles transcripts yet, @Abel!. I would recommend doing that, reading all the known ciphers and listening to the Moon and Black Ops 2 Victis Trilogy quotes to gain a full understanding of the powers of the occupant of the MPD.

Also, "Teddy" is confirmed to be Edward Richtofen. See Zombies Chronicles.

I disagree with everything you've just said. But it's good we understand eachother at least! Teddy is not confirmed to be Edward Richthofen... Don't understand why Monty wouldn't just write "Eddy is a Liar". Look, I get you, at the time the play-on words felt good to latch onto and it played a big part in zombies. But the story has changed vastly since then.

Haven't you wondered why he says that? The password for the computers in Moon (Teddy-is-a-liar), the reason he gave for leaving the Illuminati (Teddy is a liar), a phrase he apparently concocted even before Monty stepped in when they teleported to Kino. After he touched the MPD. There is more to unfold here than Eddy being a liar. He was used to bring chaos onto the world, because the voices told him too. If the Dark Aether can make Maxis kill himself, it can most certainly have the same effect on Edward, and even make him say certain things. 'Teddy' is a dissimulation?

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Abel! said:

I disagree with everything you've just said. But it's good we understand eachother at least! Teddy is not confirmed to be Edward Richthofen... Don't understand why Monty wouldn't just write "Eddy is a Liar". Look, I get you, at the time the play-on words felt good to latch onto and it played a big part in zombies. But the story has changed vastly since then.

Haven't you wondered why he says that? The password for the computers in Moon (Teddy-is-a-liar), the reason he gave for leaving the Illuminati (Teddy is a liar), a phrase he apparently concocted even before Monty stepped in when they teleported to Kino. After he touched the MPD. There is more to unfold here than Eddy being a liar. He was used to bring chaos onto the world, because the voices told him too. If the Dark Aether can make Maxis kill himself, it can most have the same effect on Edward, and even make him say certain things. 'Teddy' is a dissimulation.

I am not making an outdated explanation. I am very current on developments in the Zombies storyline, and have extensive in-depth knowledge of the story across all publications and titles of the story to date. No need to imply that I am somehow fallen behind you.

And while the story has changed, it has not changed as drastically as you are implying. In fact, a vast quantity of previous information is even now being verified. I'd advise, as I have repeatedly, that you get up to speed on intel both classic and recent. 

In response:

Two confirmations have been made regarding that phrase, one of which specified that it's originated from Richtofen's orphaned childhood, where the other children mocked him for saying that his father was a famous scientist, chanting "Teddy is a liar!"

I actually haven't wondered, as he explains on Moon (which aligns perfectly with my previous example) that "it isn't true, and that's why no one would guess it!"

And the Dark Aether never made Maxis kill himself. Chronicles explains that his suicide was his plan to enter the computer systems at Griffin Station. That is free will. 

I'll have to conclude this discussion here, as I don't invest much time in discussing Zombies anymore, having moved on to real life. If you do want to continue discussing it, CODZ is always the best place, featuring most of the community's most authoritative members, so I suggest striking up a discussion with some of the highly active theorists. In the meantime, be sure to do some more research into the storyline. 

23 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

And while the story has changed, it has not changed as drastically as you are implying.

Dimension 63, the apothicons, the keepers, primis, everything in Black Ops 3...

Ah whatever mate I'm done with the idea. I admit defeat, and am not as knowledgeable of the story as you are, and I pale in comparison to you in terms of thinking, literacy and structure. I just hope you don't take any grudge on my comment I made of you earlier. "Lick me" This did not bode well for me later on, and even before that I wasn't being cooperative, so I apologize for being an arse. 

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Abel! said:

Dimension 63, the apothicons, the keepers, primis, everything in Black Ops 3...

Ah whatever mate I'm done with the idea. I admit defeat, and am not as knowledgeable of the story as you are, and I pale in comparison to you in terms of thinking, literacy and structure. I just hope you don't take any grudge on my comment I made of you earlier. "Lick me" This did not bode well for me later on, and even before that I wasn't being cooperative, so I apologize for being an arse. 

Agreed, those changes have been made (and also played a huge role in me backing out of involvement). 

No worries, man, really big of you to make peace. Makin me feel bad. :razz: If you're gonna carry on in study of the lore, I'm sure the day might come where I reemerge from the Aether and ask you for an update on how the story has developed and lean on you and the other dedicated CODZers to get me up to speed. It's all a matter of investment of time and study. So that said, my apologies for taking offense. You know...thinking back now, what's really awesome about you is the same thing I think I said in our first discussion-you think deep into the story. And you're on CODZ. :razz: The community needs more people like that. 

So we're all good. Take care of yourself and our peeps - teach folks what's it is to be a Zombies theorist. :glasses:

Pax tecum. 

Hunter

• Moderators

The thing I disliked about the BO3 story is that it has almost no connections with real life. Ragnarok and the Pohnpei temples are the only things I can think of.

The battle of Stalingrad never ended in another universe? Der Eisendrache had litterary NO connections with the real life Hohenwerfen Castle and its background. Giant robots? Dragons? A fictional city called "Morg City"? A fictional "Ancient Order of the Keepers (call them at least to a secret order that exists or is believed to exist in reality). Real existing conspiracy theories (moon landing, HAARP, Hollow Earth) are never mentioned. The Keepers and Apothicans are not connected with any myth (like the Vrill Ya or any religion). Even the Schwarze Sonne is not seen one time. Its a bit pity, yet I hope now Primis and Monty have closed off all the by Apothicans or 115 influenced universes, and only the universe of the House exists, OUR real universe, the next Treyarch game will be about real things again. I hope we locked ourselves off of all universes that include nonsense.

On 5/18/2017 at 2:55 PM, anonymous said:

The thing I disliked about the BO3 story is that it has almost no connections with real life. Ragnarok and the Pohnpei temples are the only things I can think of.

The battle of Stalingrad never ended in another universe? Der Eisendrache had litterary NO connections with the real life Hohenwerfen Castle and its background. Giant robots? Dragons? A fictional city called "Morg City"? A fictional "Ancient Order of the Keepers (call them at least to a secret order that exists or is believed to exist in reality). Real existing conspiracy theories (moon landing, HAARP, Hollow Earth) are never mentioned. The Keepers and Apothicans are not connected with any myth (like the Vrill Ya or any religion). Even the Schwarze Sonne is not seen one time. Its a bit pity, yet I hope now Primis and Monty have closed off all the by Apothicans or 115 influenced universes, and only the universe of the House exists, OUR real universe, the next Treyarch game will be about real things again. I hope we locked ourselves off of all universes that include nonsense.

I actually just commented on a post talking about this exact thing... Weird... Anyway, check out my recent comment on this post.

The theory somewhere in there.

Archived