What kind of perk do you think we'll see?

So guys, just curious what kind of perk your expecting to be in DE? We've had Widow's Wine, so what name or effect or primary colour do you think the new perk will be?

I reckon they'll do something with Rum in the name. The colour will be a dark brownish colour (similar to Mule Kick) and the perk will affect ammo.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Personally I'd be fine if there was NO new perk and they just brought back some fan favorites like the wonder fizz, electric Cherry and PHD flopper. 

Der Wunderfizz Machine is confirmed to return as it is clearly in the trailer. PHD Flopper seems redundant now. I would not mind its return, but with Danger Closest people say it won't come back. I believe there is a strong chance PHD Flopper II will be introduced, or at least PHD Slider. Since Double Tap was replaced and doesn't really appear anymore, I do not think that is too unlikely. I also really want Electric Cherry back. That has to be one of my favourite perks of all time, up there with Stamin-Up and Tombstone Soda. I think this is the first map where I do not want Stamin-Up actually, depending on its size. I personally do want new perks, in fact I want two to be introduced like in Ascension. Ascension was planned to actually introduced PHD Flopper as three perks, Tufbrew (No explosive damage), PTH Boom (The explosive flopping) and Pronaide (going to prone faster), so that could be implemented into the idea of bringing back PHD Flopper. I really have a thing for all the perks that they cut from the maps and want them in new maps.

13 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I'm curious with the "Return" of Der Wunderfizz (I'm sure I butchered that name), will we see a "PhD Slider", or if they'll just remove the "PhD" all together.

I posted this 5 hours ago. For some reason it never posted.

Usually Wunderfizz means more perks, although I actually want to see the Electric Cherry Perk Machine again to hear its song. I still don't understand what was with the machines in Mob of the Dead...

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Usually Wunderfizz means more perks, although I actually want to see the Electric Cherry Perk Machine again to hear its song. I still don't understand what was with the machines in Mob of the Dead...

Haha, I was about to be like, wait what was "Electic Cherries" Jingle. I saw something about this on that one channel we like, that no one else does. The Mob Perk Machines.

5 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Haha, I was about to be like, wait what was "Electic Cherries" Jingle. I saw something about this on that one channel we like, that no one else does. The Mob Perk Machines.

Yeah but in all fairness I only like one guy from their channel, they have started becoming what other Zombie YouTubers did in the off season, looking down their noses a bit again and can't even keep up with the story in spite of that one guy who they must be ignoring story wise...

8 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

My going theory right now is that it will never have a jingle because it's a perk built in what amounts to hell, AKA Mob of the Dead. What we are certain of is that EC is the ONLY perk in MOTD that doesn't shift in and out of reality. I think those perks are forced into the map by something and that electric cherry is from MOTD. In origins it was pulled from hell or MOTD by the wonderfizz, and I think that's the ONLY way we'll ever see the actual perk  again: Through the wonder fizz, or if the perk's in a realm it does not belong to. 

I'd actually PREFER it never get a jingle. Makes it more mysterious. 

10 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

My going theory right now is that it will never have a jingle because it's a perk built in what amounts to hell, AKA Mob of the Dead. What we are certain of is that EC is the ONLY perk in MOTD that doesn't shift in and out of reality. I think those perks are forced into the map by something and that electric cherry is from MOTD. In origins it was pulled from hell or MOTD by the wonderfizz, and I think that's the ONLY way we'll ever see the actual perk  again: Through the wonder fizz, or if the perk's in a realm it does not belong to. 

I'd actually PREFER it never get a jingle. Makes it more mysterious. 

It does shift in and out of reality, which is why it doesn't have a jingle. The only perks that don't shift are PHD Flopper and Mule Kick when they are off map because they are not being provided power and thus not affecting the world they are in.

As a reader and a first time poster, I have finally found a thread that was worthy enough to dive into.  Personally, I agree with Nightmare, it does seem unlikely to hold on to the oldie but goodie PHD Flopper.  We do not flop anymore, but introducing something that attaches it to or current slide could be a possible direction due to the fact that it is one of the most major changes to the franchise to date.  I actually miss being able to flop around the map and create havoc.  It had its tactical advantages to it and I am sad to see it go.  What do you think about a perk that boosts your slide, much the same way that the new shield plows through enemies.  Or a nod to the "Electric Slide" :o)

Electric Slide.jpg

On 1/22/2016 at 6:56 AM, Nightmare Voyager said:

It does shift in and out of reality, which is why it doesn't have a jingle. The only perks that don't shift are PHD Flopper and Mule Kick when they are off map because they are not being provided power and thus not affecting the world they are in.

When it's given power, it doesn't change to a monochrome version of it's self for brief periods. It's not shifting as EVERY other perk, and the PAP, does that on the map when given power. The electric cherry perk is from MOTD and does not have a jingle. Maybe it doesn't have one because it was created during prohibition and thus perks would be illegal? 

Edit: also in MOTD greif, both PHD and Mule kick have the same phasing effect as the regular perks. 

7 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

When it's given power, it doesn't change to a monochrome version of it's self for brief periods. It's not shifting as EVERY other perk, and the PAP, does that on the map when given power. The electric cherry perk is from MOTD and does not have a jingle. Maybe it doesn't have one because it was created during prohibition and thus perks would be illegal? 

Edit: also in MOTD greif, both PHD and Mule kick have the same phasing effect as the regular perks. 

So why doesn't it have a jingle if it isn't phasing? Me and my friend were both sure and we can't find a trace of it phasing now. Also what I was saying was PHD and Mule Kick do not phase because they are off and not even in the map, thus do not effect it. I wouldn't call Mob of the Dead hell either, more like purgatory... Anyways I seriously thought if phased and that is gonna bug me now. Dr. Monty makes all the perks too, so like it would have a jingle. That means that perk machine was meant to be there, Dr. Monty commissioned it to be there and that in that universe, 935 existed at that time. Sorry for going off topic, but this is kinda interesting.

6 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Unless the same evil being that controls the box on MOTD also made Electric Cherry and pulled Dr.Monty's perks from their original universe? 

I am guessing whatever being is in control of MotD (probably something like Satan, but I am not going to say it is exactly him because we don't who where they are going on that front) took the template of it being a game made by the ancient evil (unless they are the same thing, I wouldn't know) and used it on Mob of the Dead, but at that time, in that universe, only Electric Cherry was created (so it could technically be the first ever perk to be made, but that's only in this timeline) so the others had to be dragged into that dimension. I am not particularly sure anybody controls the box, like it existed in Origins because it was designed by the Ancients (so hoping we get a Primis map where they explain all that stuff) and since the old blacksmith in the west made Pack-a-Punch, anyone could have created the mystery box before it was seized by 935.

I'm going to apologize in advance for this because I've been binge watching house of cards. 

Mr. Voyager I am fully capable of sitting here and arguing a finer point, but this is rather ridiculous, the facts of the maters show that the perk machine wasn't accidentally left un-fabricated and every other perk machine, was. Now we can argue all day that the perk machine is or isn't fluctuating because it doesn't have a jingle, or you can accept the fact that electric cherry has yet to appear but two times, once in a perk machine where it held undoubtedly strange circumstances apart from the other machines and the other time it was in the wonderfizz which pulls perks from across time. Now I don't know who or what controls all the crazy shit in Mob of the Dead and I don't think I ever will. What I can tell you is that the box changes depending on the strongest force in the area. Thats why fire sales exist, thats why the origins box is different from the box from nact, or shadows of evil, or mob of the dead. Every time the zombies change masters, the box changes too. The box in MOTD is different to the point it's the only map in history to not have a teddy bear within it. These details arn't left for show Voyager, they're there to show meaning and progression, whatever is calling the shots in MOTD it's got incredible power and could easily create it's own perks. 

You want me to think that electric cherry has it's own song, bring me proof. Not evidence. Evidence goes in the "I will use this evidence when MORE evidence arrives" pile. 

What are you talking about? Half of that didn't make sense, I was agreeing with you and expanding off of your ideas as well but giving more insight and you just retaliated to it in a seriously snobbish and rude way. I am not even gonna respond to it, literally at my wits end with everyone randomly treating me like this lately.

On 22/1/2016 at 5:13 AM, Lenne said:

I would love a perk that has an impact on Gobblegums. 

Just because I love them so much. haha

Yessss. A perk that lets you hold 2 GobbleGums. I would seriously buy that.

Regarding the EC jingle, I think that will be it's default sound, even if it appeared in a different map.

Well if the map is divided by a gandala like MOTD, tombstone might be worth seeing again. It wasn't a favorite of mine, but I get weary about maps that are split up like this one appears to be, even though it's supposed to be a little bigger than Giant, it doesn't mean they wont cut it in half and put you too far to revive if a buddy goes down. Of course there are gobble gums to help with this now, so I don't really know haha.

As far as a new one, it might be cool to see some sort of wall run perk, I was happy not to see it in the giant, but as much as I am in love with campaign, I've gotten really good at wall running while shooting.

1 hour ago, Tattoo247 said:

Well if the map is divided by a gandala like MOTD, tombstone might be worth seeing again. It wasn't a favorite of mine, but I get weary about maps that are split up like this one appears to be, even though it's supposed to be a little bigger than Giant, it doesn't mean they wont cut it in half and put you too far to revive if a buddy goes down. Of course there are gobble gums to help with this now, so I don't really know haha.

As far as a new one, it might be cool to see some sort of wall run perk, I was happy not to see it in the giant, but as much as I am in love with campaign, I've gotten really good at wall running while shooting.

I'm not convinced the map will be divided, after all it's meant to be just ever so larger then the giant, and we've yet to see any footage of the village other then that first initial gondola ride. And considering SOE had wall-running surfaces, I'd like to think that's what allows us to wall run. 

Just now, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I'm not convinced the map will be divided, after all it's meant to be just ever so larger then the giant, and we've yet to see any footage of the village other then that first initial gondola ride. And considering SOE had wall-running surfaces, I'd like to think that's what allows us to wall run. 

Yea the SoE was more of a tease though, I think it was smart to put it in one spot in the map to test the waters. I personally LOVED that room, except when they jump into me while I'm running and I fall to my death.

Now that I think of it, wall running might be better for Gobble gum, have it last 20 mins or so and that's it.

As far as the map dividing, I'm not sold on it either, but it's either going to be a MoTD feature, or it's going to be an Ascension-esque intro to the map, where we ride it to the top but don't reall interact with it past that(I personally never used landers in ascension unless we were doing the EE, with the occasional ride to flopper to revive someone.)

Or we could just wall run on the cables carrying the gondala ;)