Apothicon Servant Quest, in relation to the Placement of, "Gateworms"! *Updated*

@Conzul

_______

Thank you for the response, what do you think/know the 4 "Symbols on the Sword Altar mean?!?!

________

Another thing I have recently noticed, pertaining to the Ritual Altars. 

The Waterfront, Junction, & PaP all have the "Corrupted" Skull on the left side of the Altar, each containing a "Dagger" and each having a "Liquid" substance in it.

The Footlight District has the "Corrupted" Skull in the center of the Altar. There is also a set of Handcuffs present & no liquid.

The Final one is in the Canal District, which is the only one that contains 2 of the "Corrupted" Skulls. One on either side of the Altar, the Left & Right. There's also a "Dagger" present however, this one is stabbing through something into the Altar.

_________

In the Coding the Widows Wine "Grenades" are referred to as "Cocoons". Is there any specific reason why this is the case.

Would we use these to "Feed" the "Gateworms". Or possibly even "Feed" the "Apothicon Servant" in order to feed the "Gateworms".

Another thing I've yet to understand, when you initially place the "Gateworms" in the PaP, they are surrounded by "Purple" Fire. However, once you've opened PaP, they change to a Mixture of Blue & Red. 

The thing is, on Last Gen the Fire stays "Purple". 

______

The "Parasites" name makes sense because the Host they use is either a "Margwa" or "Golden Pod".

Why is it they "Dive-Bomb" once killed.

http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/08/wasps-force-zombie-spiders-weave-cocoon-webs

_________

It almost seeems as if we're actually going through the stages of Meta-Morphism or possibly even Meiosis.

________

"Norie Mode" could play a key role, as we know how to "Start" this specific Easter Egg/Side Quest. Yet no-one has ever found the way to actually "End" this. Even though it's clear in the "Coding there is a "Start" & "End".

For some reason we become "Color-Blind" however, the "Beast" remains unaffected and can still see in "Color" for some reason.

What's up with the lightbulb in the Footlight Districts "Rift Portal" area that turns itself on.

This is the "Creature" inside the "Apothicon Egg". Looks a lot like an infant version of the "Apothicon Servant".

Screenshot_2015-12-27-04-27-22_1.jpg.232

_________

There's a place in the Waterfront District, directly above the "Civil Protector" Box, while standing near the "Rift Portal". 

I'll try to screen shot it really fast.

"What the hell is that glowing."

IMAG1733.thumb.jpg.ce450ac89d4745004a2b6

It's to the Right of the Crosshair.

IMAG1733_1.thumb.jpg.239c8c1a096bb4b9484

_________

I'm sure there are things in forgot to ask about.

Edited by Ragdo11706
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Ragdo11706

On the Sword Altar, are the symbols for: Arburgneth zornash zoroth Arbnamat

Arburgneth = Feed(100%)

Zornash = Altar(99%)

Zoroth = Transform(100%)

Arbnamat = Egg(50%) / Ovum(25%) / Sword(25%)

(% means certainty)

_________

Yes, that is interesting......

_________

No, I believe that it's hugely unlikely that a perk is part of any weapon upgrade process, whether in shadows or future DLC. Widow's Wine is a perk. I think the fact that they call it a cocoon in the code is just a bad duplicate, like how they call the bugs both wasps and parasites.

_________

Um....okay.

_________

Um.......

_________

Yes, I think Noire mode has some significance and perhaps it's own EE. But I doubt it has anything to do with the Servant. (disclaimer: that's just a feeling)

Also I'm unfamiliar with the lightbulb you mention here. There are lots of flickering lighbulbs in Shadows of Evil.

_________

Nice screenshot! Where's that from?

_________

Lastly, I don't see anything glowing above the Civil Protector.....maybe a video would have shown it better because for the life of me I can't see what you're talking about :(

I'll be back on tomorrow eve. Got too many chores to do atm

@Conzul

I agree about the Widows Wine Grenades, same as with the "Elementals" being referred to as "Meatballs".

You should definitely have a look at the article I posted about "Wasps & Zombie Spiders".

We know "Arbgwaoth" means "PowerUp" & not "Upgraded" as one would think.

_______

Ok, the lightbulb, in Footlight District.

Next time you play, once you've opened the Doors to access the "Rift Portal" when you go up to it and...Hold (X) to activate.

Just stand right there for a few seconds & the Lightbulb on the Table will turn on & get really bright. If I'm not mistaking, I believe another "Corrupted" Skull is on the Table as well.

It's the inside of the "Apothicon Egg", this is why I mentioned Meta-Morphism. We have an Embryo, a Larvae, an Ovum, & an Immature Adult.

We Upgrade it, so it becomes a "Mature Adult" and the main priority becomes..."Reproduction".

Originally the image belonged to Glitching Queen, but she has given me permission to use content of hers here.

The "Glowing Object", is located in the Waterfront District. 

If you look back at he second image, where you see the Window Boards on the wall. Directly beneath those, you can see a rectangular box that's black.

In between these you can see something "Glowing". It's best to just check it out for yourself in your game.

Standing at rhe "Rift Portal" in the Waterfront District, face the Mystery Box location. As you begin to move towards the Box, you'll see this object begin to "Glow". Once you get too close it goes away.

Have you ever noticed once you've completed filling the "Apothicon Egg", once you've placed it back in the Altar, as long as you don't take the Sword the Altar, "Smokes".

What is the point in making it do that, what purpose does it serve.

The missing X will happen every single game. It will be the last ritual that you do. After that, each worm that you pick up will cause that ritual's item to flash. This will keep happening, including placing the gateworms. When you place that ritual's gateworm, the ritual item will flash in place, rather than get a red x. Once you finish the pap ritual, the x will appear.

Example: do canal last, don't pick up other worms. Place the canal worm at pap, the badge icon will flash and go away instead of giving a red x. Each worm that you pick up will show the badge (upper left) flashing, as well as the worm that you picked up. Each worm that you set down will flash the badge in inventory. There will be no red x until the actual altar part of the ritual is completed.

It's just glitched, as far as can be discerned.

Sword altar smoke is a visual clue to check the statue again (to get the sword). That's normal, in my opinion, to draw attention that there is more there than just putting the egg back.

The egg grows to the little guy in the sword. The little guy becomes a head of a keeper in the reborn sword.

I don't have that black box in waterfront, nor does that area glow.

360 gateworm fire is fire colored (yellowish) until pap ritual is complete, then they are all purple.

Thermal: Shadowman also didn't show up in thermal at any of his spawns (i didn't try flag step, but i doubt that matters).

Edited by 83457

@83457

______

I still think once you place the "Apothicon Egg" back in the statue, it smokes for a reason. An indicator not to pick up the "Apothicon Sword" just yet.

That Little Guy growing inside the "Apothicon Egg" is definitely the "Apothicon Servant". 

________

When you were in Waterfront, did you make sure to stay back near the Doors for the "Rift Portal".

I still think it's very odd on Last Gen once the PaP Ritual is completed the Fire is "Purple". 

On Current Gen once you've placed the "Gateworms" the Fire is "Purple" then it changes. Seems to me like something was done incorrectly.

________ 

I toyed around with the "Thermal Scope" for a while, May have to try it out again.

@83457

lol, why would you assume that's a glitch? If anything, your description of events makes me think it even more significant.

Since, every worm you pickup after the first worm will flash the ritual item of the first worm, it is like the game yelling at you that you have not finished business with the first worm. Like, there's something that needs to be done after placing the first worm but before picking up the second. Probably locational gymnastics.

I agree though that the smoke (I haven't noticed it, will check later) is probably a hint to come back and get your sword.

Now that I think about it, it is a little weird that replacing the charged egg and getting the sword aren't done in the same action. From a game design perspective, that might mean that there's something we could/should do in-between. Remember, I proved in my study that (in solo play, anyway) each character is bound to a certain sword. Floyd will always pick up sword #1, no matter what. I don't know right now what the writing on sword #1 says, though. I'd have to check.

On another topic, can anyone recommend a good windows program for slowing down audio? I've obtained an .mp3 of the voice cue that plays sometimes if you die while holding a Servant, but I can't make it out very clearly.

Edited by Conzul

@Conzul

______

When we initially pick up the "Apothicon Egg" it appears Brown with Webs/Cracks covering the outer layer.

While filing it with "Souls" it begins to turn clear with a Blue Hue, similar to the same Blue that protrudes from the "Gateworms". Until finally the outer shell is gone completely and you see the "Larvae" on the inside.

Upon placing that into the Sword Altar, you can see it enter the "Sword", Appearing no larger than a golf ball. This results in our inventory being replaced once again by the Original "Apothicon Egg", Brown covered in Webs/Cracks.

Now the Original "Apothicon Egg" is a lot bigger than the Blue one used for the "Apothicon Sword". Why is this, what purpose do all these different "Eggs" serve. 

"It's all about the Transferal of Energy"

I think that's a "junk" image. A prototype for the PaP wall. I think they were going to use it but instead went for the one with the "Apothicon" symbol. They just left this in the game files because lazy/sloppy.

Since this image is exactly what the PaP image means, but with clearer imagery. However, this image does not convey which worms go into which altar, so it was scrapped/unused.

Edit: I may be side-tracked for a few days since I'm trying to get the DE Easter Egg done with a friend who hasn't done it, but once I have I'll be right back here.

Edited by Conzul

The aa upgrades are lovely.  They actually didn't botch it. I am surprised. 

----------

Here's an odd change; when i put the egg back in the sword holder, it doesn't actually go back now. It stays missing when you take the sword, so both the sword and egg are not there anymore.  I assume this changed in the February update,  but why? 

4 hours ago, 83457 said:

The aa upgrades are lovely.  They actually didn't botch it. I am surprised. 

----------

Here's an odd change; when i put the egg back in the sword holder, it doesn't actually go back now. It stays missing when you take the sword, so both the sword and egg are not there anymore.  I assume this changed in the February update,  but why? 

On Current Gen it has been like this since the beginning. I'm updating the game now to get the DLC, but on build 8.0.0.0 this is how it's always been.

42 minutes ago, Conzul said:

aa upgrade? What's that?

The egg stays in your inventory after getting the sword. You basically get the uncharged version of it back. It stays there till you get an Arch-Ovum.

Alternate Ammo Types.

______

Yes, this is a better way to word it. Seems like there's a reasoning behind it though. 

________

I'm almost certain that the "Apothicon Servant Upgrade Quest" has been fixed and can now be obtained (hell it may have been available all along). 

That image I thought was a "Bump" Image. Either way, it makes sense to me how you explained it. Is it likely that the "Key" to "Apothicon" is the "Gateworms".

8 hours ago, Conzul said:

aa upgrade? What's that?

The egg stays in your inventory after getting the sword. You basically get the uncharged version of it back. It stays there till you get an Arch-Ovum.

On 360, you would put the egg back.  It would be in my inventory still, but it would physically be set back in the sword holder before I took the sword. So the sword would be gone from the holder, but the egg would be back in the holder.

This just changed to match next gen, it seems, as I no longer replace the egg in the holder first.

32 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

That's what makes it seem like there's some other use for it, so long as we don't "Accept the Arch-Ovum".

Why would we be accepting something that literally overrides something else. Why not just "Take" or "Grab".

There is something else going on here.

If you look at the script dump, there is mention of "EGG_LEVEL".

I think that they aren't separate items, but more like levels of the same item. Level 1 Egg grants you Apothicon Sword, Level 2 Egg grants you Keeper Sword, Level 3 Egg grants (cocoon?), etc.

I tried quite a few options while holding the egg, as well as putting it back (when that was possible) and not taking the sword. No luck, but i won't rule it out, since I've been a proponent of that theory.

It hasn't panned out so far, but maybe something has changed. 

2 minutes ago, Conzul said:

I have a Shadows game underway now, and for the life of me I can't replicate the missing red-x. I followed your instructions, too.

Can you link me to your original find?

I'm on 360, it happens every game.  Maybe it's fixed on nextgen? Note that Ragdoll plays nextgen, but on the original build, without updates.

For me, it is always the last ritual completed. Including yesterday's game.

During worm placement, with inventory open (back button 360, left of guide button), you should see the last ritual item flash and go away as you set the worm down, instead of getting a red x. It will stay missing until the altar part of the pap ritual is completed. 

If you don't see it, it must be patched now on nextgen.

I get this no matter the order i do them in. No matter what order i set them down in. 

We've discussed this numerous times, i have no idea where the original would be or i'd point you at it. 

Nope not on Current Gen. I have the new update (Bye Bye Arbgwaoth) :-( 

I will check and see if this still happens. Currently playing Shadows (imagine that haha) on Round 26 and cannot seem to get XenoMatter.

_________

I have noticed quite a few changes I find rather interesting.

The Shadow Man no longer speaks to you once you enter a Ritual Area, I also noticed once you begin the Ritual you no longer hear the, "Here we go!" Only the *Ding. 

However, once I did the Footlight District I'm pretty sure I heard "Here we go!" (2nd Ritual). Once I did the Canal Districts I'm pretty sure I heard "Your sacrifice has been chosen!" (4th Ritual).

I've also noticed the Parasites seem to act really strange when you Activate the Tram during a Parasite/Elemental/Margwa Round. They tend to Hover over specific locations, as well as stay close to the track itself. I also noticed once the Tram has stopped if I step off, they all tend to crowd inside the Tram.

You will not hear the Shadowman speak upon entering a ritual room UNLESS you have deliberately killed the two Keepers that spawn with that ritual's item. Despawning them doesn't count :P

Though, that may only apply to the first ritual item you obtain, I'm not sure.

Xenomatter is hard to come by. I usually get f*cked on it into the late-20 rounds.

30 minutes ago, Conzul said:

Inventory has to be open while placing the worm?

Not necessarily at all, but that way you can see as it happens.

Otherwise, the x will still not be there when i do look (360).

On 360, the last ritual part will also flash upper left as each worm is picked up. Example:

I do Canal (badge) last. 4 rituals complete, worms on altars, pap ritual not started.

As i pick up each worm, the thingy appears upper left which shows the worm getting picked up. The badge spot will flash with each pickup (unless maybe the canal worm is still on you?).

So,  if i grab worms one at a time, the badge slot, in inventory, and the temporary 'upper left thingy' will flash as i pick them up (the upper left display thingy won't appear as they are set down).

It will do that same flash when you set the canal worm in the pap room, and each worm placed before/after it.

Then, after flashing, it goes away each time, always leaving no X.

I guess we can write that off of the t-virus list if you can't get it. 

Thanks for the effort.

Edited by 83457