Apothicon Servant & "Upgrade_Ready" Quotes *Update*

* Update *

I wanted to go ahead and update this Thread, in relation to actually being able to upgrade the "Apothicon Servant". I feel it's the most important.

Now in the past I've made mention of games I've played, where I would spend 100k or more on the Mystery Box, and not once would I ever receive the "Apothicon Servant". Well up until now, I never really knew why this would happen, & It's very possible that I still don't.

However, while playing earlier once I built the Apothicon Servant, immediately I bought the Vesper (don't think this matters) off the wall, ultimately replacing the "Apothicon Servant", therefore putting it back into the Mystery Box.

Now the reason I believe this may actually be of any importance at all whatsoever, pertains to an area in the Coding that states; 

take_sword power_on zmzod_idgun_quest remove_idgun_from_box second_idgun_time idgun_cocoon 

See when I did this, I hadn't yet received the "Upgrade_Ready" Quote. Before, I never paid attention to why this was happening, even now I didn't really pay attention. I just know that's the difference in this game. Normally when I'm playing, if I've already received the "Upgrade_Ready" Quote, I get it back out the Box, in no time at all. However, with this game it's a lot like those others, I've spent over 100k on the Mystery Box, not once have I seen it.

The part, remove_idgun_from_box wouldn't that mean, the "Apothicon Servant" actually has to be in the box in order for it to actually be removed. See everyone's been running around trying to upgrade this thing, while holding onto it, Hell even I'm guilty of doing so. 

I'm going to continue testing this, I'm not 100% positive on this being the case. But I can't see a reason for it being anything else, this would also indeed make it where we can actually "Fail", something in which I've been saying all along.

~ Ragdoll

____

* Original *

So basically this all began with a response I had to @83457, however the response was becoming rather lengthy. I decided to go-ahead & make a thread to clear any confusion, this seems to be causing.

Similar to that of the "Apothicon Sword" & "Reborn-Keeper Sword", the "Apothicon Servant", also talks to us in-game while using it. The difference here, is with the "Apothicon Servant".

____

Where, we are lead through a series of quotes, resulting in the possibility of actually being able to upgrade it (through a Cocoon). Whereas with the "Swords" we receive the "Player_Greeting" that gives us the name for each one, and that's as far as it goes.

When it comes down to the phrases from the Apothicon Servant, I've always been under the assumption the "Player_Greeting" you receive upon building and picking it up was in fact, "The-Name" followed by "Arbgwaoth". However as @83457 pointed out, this may not be the case. Either way it doesn't really matter, as it's not that important. 

____

Now we know we have a series of 3 quotes we'll receive from the "Apothicon Servant" leading to the possibility of being able to Upgrade it. Which are as follows;

• "Player_Greeting"
  • "Upgrade_Ready"
  • "Upgrade_Complete"

We also know there are 4 possible outcomes for a name including;

• "Kor-Maroth"
  • "Lor-Zarozzor"
  • "Mar-Astagua"
  • "Nar-Ullaqua"

It's not yet clear on the algorithm involved with determining what the outcome of the name is going to be. I used to believe I had the solution worked out, as many of you made me well aware, I definitely did not. It could be that it is in fact, completely Random!

____

Once the "Apothicon Servant"  has finally been built, as soon as you pick it up you will be given the "Player_Greeting" (easiest to hear if your Sound Settings are all at 0 with the exception of Voice being on 10 and Master Volume being on 10 as well).

The "Player_Greeting" consists of 1 of 4 unique quotes, that of which will be dependant upon the name you receive when picking up the Apothicon Servant (Again I don't think these are important, as its literally just the Weapon telling you its name).

____

After you've built the A.S. and been given the "Player_Greeting", the next trigger will come from firing, "Feeding" the Weapon while a Margwa is present and in the vicinity. It's not 100% of the time you need the Margwa to be in the Vicinity, sometimes the first time you shoot the Weapon you'll receive the "Upgrade_Ready" phrase. I can confirm using the Margwa during the Arch-Ovum phase will NOT trigger the Audio Cue, you are looking for. It has to be one that spawns in during a Regular/Elemental Round.

Now in my opinion this is the most important part to all of this. The "Upgrade_Ready" consists of 3 different phrases, presumably meaning 3 completely different ways of actually upgrading the Weapon. Not 1 of these particular Upgrade_Ready phrases are bound to a "Specific-Servant".

Here I have provided a link to each individual "Upgrade_Ready", high quality sound files.

• "Upgrade_Ready_0"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1pyp95MEXk2

• "Upgrade_Ready_1"

http://vocaroo.com/is1u6dMdWfeCO

• "Upgrade_Ready_2"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Uw2AmiIQAe

____

Now one can only presume, once we finally figure out how to actually acquire this "Cocoon" the final phase to Upgrading, will NOT be nearly as complex nor complicated. Once we've hung the "Cocoon" and received the Final "Upgrade_Completed" Quote, I would imagine were being told to use the Civil Protector, to retrieve it.

I have also provided a link for this one, as these are the only quotes I feel are important anymore. Everything else we've pretty much learnt already through gameplay, or there just the basic instructions in the Apothicon Language/Symbols. 

• "Upgrade_Completed"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1aE01w0yhg4

"TL;DR"

The only quotes that matter pertaining to the Apothicon Servant are the following;

• "Upgrade_Ready_0"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1pyp95MEXk2

• "Upgrade_Ready_1"

http://vocaroo.com/is1u6dMdWfeCO

• "Upgrade_Ready_2"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Uw2AmiIQAe

None of these 3 quotes are bound to any 1 of the 4 Servant Names. You can receive all 3 with all 4. There may actually be 3 completely different ways in obtaining the "Cocoon" necessary for Upgrading. Presumably dependant upon which Phrase you've been given, would determine the outcome of what must be done.

Finally one can only assume based on the Final quote the Civil Protector will be needed in obtaining the "Cocoon" after its been "Hung" and is ready to be "Retrieved".

• "Upgrade_Completed"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1aE01w0yhg4

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@83457Yea I'm not exactly sure what he's saying. To me it sounds like "A(r)kazor Gwanash". Which would imply something "Robot". However I could see us having to "Grapple" it in while in "Beast" Mode. I'm a little confused though, are you saying you think "Zornash" means "Grapple"; or where did grapple even come from.

For listening purposes, i suggest using your cell phone if you have that option.

They are configured for excellent voice clarity and reducing other noise.

Then, pay attention to one syllable at a time and write it down, then keep going and listen several times.

Then, if you are capable, compare them to known apothicon syllable symbols.

Lastly, don't force any words to match known words as that doesn't help. Carefully write only what you actually hear.

Good luck!

15 hours ago, 83457 said:

For listening purposes, i suggest using your cell phone if you have that option.

They are configured for excellent voice clarity and reducing other noise.

Then, pay attention to one syllable at a time and write it down, then keep going and listen several times.

Then, if you are capable, compare them to known apothicon syllable symbols.

Lastly, don't force any words to match known words as that doesn't help. Carefully write only what you actually hear.

Good luck!

I do in fact use my cellular device. It's an HTC, and It has this awesome speaker setup, as well as an 18mp camera. As this is the only means of internet I have at the current moment.

However, I will say I like to hook up my Bose, Acoustic Noise Cancelling Earphones. As they block out any & all noise around you. I wear them in the Spring & Summer doing my landscaping thing, I literally cannot hear the Ferris Zero-Turn while mowing, when I have them bad boys on. 

Nonetheless, that's some very wise advice, writing down each letter and/or syllable as I hear it. I definitely don't try to match them with anything we already know, just because of how diverse this "Made Up" language actually is. 

I would like to know, Treyarch, how long did you in fact work on this, "Made Up" Apothicon/Keeper language, you have presented us with.

Hey Ragdo,  Shoot I dont know how I missed this thread, Was bombing nightmare in the chat LOL sorry about that, should have hit the source....

Ragdo,  Need some clarification,

2 nights ago, playing a round with some randoms, had to use the bathroom around round 20.  jumped in the glitch (Canals) and did my business, had my headphones on to hear what was going in and during that time,  

Ready Upgrade 2: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Uw2AmiIQAe

Sound went off,   I was not near the screen so I do not know what was going on other than I heard the chanting. We were not actively trying to activate the WW.  Points of notes

1) We did NOT have the WW,  We were still missing the drop from the wasp/meatballs

2) I had already used my sword to jump on the box, so it was not a sword audio cue

3) I do not think we can hear other peoples sword cues right?  i.e, if someone uses their sword and random audio cues play we cant hear it right?

4) I heard only Ready Upgrade 2 audio cue, did not hear 0, or 1

5) All my games this is the First time I recall hearing it,  being conscious of it now, but again do not re call hearing at all.

Ok so my questions are

1) Do we have to go through the series of 0,1,2,3 to hear the audio cues

2) Have you replicated it consistently?

3) Have we figure out the meanings?

I know lots of unknowns but thought I would blurt it out while I remember it to come back on!

@Exactice_808

I'm not sure, I've seen in the past people have heard the "Audio Que" from another player, even the Sword. As to what goin were hearing, it's hard to say being you weren't there to actually see.

____

To answer you questions.

1) No. There are 3 different "Upgrade_Ready" Audio Ques. Each one containing a  different phrase. Each one triggered individually, seemingly by a different method. Only one will trigger per game.

____

2) So this one I've tested & tested & tested some more. What I've been able to replicate, because each individual Quote has an algorithm coded that makes it trigger. 

"Upgrade_Ready_0" This is the most Un-Common of the 3.

This one I haven't been able to replicate consistently, but the Times I've gotten it to trigger. Build the "Apothicon Servant" on a Parasite/Elemental Round, then activate a Ritual. Once the Ritual has been activated the quote should Trigger immediately. Not Sure the state the Sword needs to be in, I think fill the "Apothicon Egg" place it back in the Sword & leave it, or just pick up the "Apothicon Egg" and hold it.

"Upgrade_Ready_1"  This is by far the most Common of the 3.

This one almost every time I've been able to replicate. If you've opened the Sword Chamber, picked up the "Apothicon Egg" and placed it at all, normally this is the quote you will receive.

"Upgrade_Ready_2" This one is not as common as 1 but more common than 0.

Now the way I've gotten this quote to trigger is by not opening the Sword Chamber at all. Until after I've acquired the quote, then I'll open it and use the "Apothicon Servant" to fill the Egg.

_____

3) Yes & No.

We know what some of the names mean. However, we do not known what the entire phrase means. 

For example: 

Zoroth Orota: Transform ??

We know Zoroth = Transform but it's not yet clear what Orota is equivalent to.

Zornash Na'Orujja Zornash: ?? IDGUN ??

We don't know what Zornash means but we do know Na'Orujja is equivalent to IDGUN. It's been speculated Zornash means Altar, however we cannot be certain.

_____

Hope this helps & good luck with your search.