Griffin Castle?

PINNAZ

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe along with castle being DLC 1, Griffin Castle was also in the files. Although we know that is not what it is called, unless its a code name. Does this mean it was something to do with Richtofen?

That's very interesting, perhaps it's a place Richtofen learned of from the "other Richtofens" or the original one specifically? Or it's this dimension's version of Griffin Station, since they built Griffin Station on the moon for it's large 115 deposits (mainly MPD but the 115 was probably a factor) and Blundell stated in the trailer this new map has a large amount of 115 and other zombie stuff that could possibly include another MPD?

I theorized this. But considering the name at the time was "Der Eisendrache" it wasn't worth mentioning. 

THIS must be where griffen station was moved after the time-shift, as we've seen the former base's loading screen and how it's missing. 

It would also explain the rockets. 

HOWEVER I don't think structurally that this map will be anything like Moon. There won't be a biodome, teleporter to no-mans-land, or astronaut boss based on what we've seen. 

That being said, another question arises.... Could the Mpd be here? 

• Administrators

When it gives us that small clip of the inside of the castle (let's call it the laboratory), that definitely appears to be an elaborate work station. Everything is slowly connecting together in a more uniform manner...

AMaLuRQHubIqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCgallery_298_17_1836.gif

Even if we are to assume that this is another Richtofen outpost, it doesn't exactly knock out the idea that Griffin Station still exists on the Moon. In fact, it could even mean this universe's Richtofen and his 935 lackeys were successful in making several outposts. Which begs the question: what else did they advance on?

3 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

This sucks, i was hoping for a moon re-make, i want biodome survival lol. I'm not sure i like the idea of it now being a medieval castle, it better be good.

Even if Moon was to be remade, the Biodome would not be there because it is not in the remade loading screen.

• Administrators

On the topic of the alternate Moon loading screen: are we certain that it was a remade version, or just an original concept screen? Because lots of information on the left panel was removed compared to the loading screen Moon currently has. Because there is such a difference between concept, remade, and revisited.

Either way, I would totes go for anything related to Moon (as it's my favorite Zombies map of All Time).  :tongue:

@Nightmare Voyager @TimelordAlex @InfestLithium

I would say it is an Alternate Dimension version like The Giant is to Der Riese. They showed an alternate Der Riese loading screen in the DICE conference & what do you know? We got The Giant

The Moon in The Giant doesn't show the 5 Orange lights (Griffin Station) which are on every map that has the Moon (excluding Nacht) meaning that Richtofen had not yet built Griffin Station. 

This is also illustrated on the Moon Loading screen from the Zombies History video showing no Griffin Station. 

But that does not mean that the MPD is not on the Moon. It could still be there. 

Or there is some type of Device similar to the MPD in Griffin Castle which houses "The Frozen One" (Amelia?) just like Samantha being frozen in the MPD. 

( @TimelordAlex I'm hoping there's a No Mans Land style Spawn area in the town where you start & have to catch the Cable Car to the Castle)

• Administrators
On January 9, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I theorized this. But considering the name at the time was "Der Eisendrache" it wasn't worth mentioning. 

THIS must be where griffen station was moved after the time-shift, as we've seen the former base's loading screen and how it's missing. 

HOWEVER I don't think structurally that this map will be anything like Moon. There won't be a biodome, teleporter to no-mans-land, or astronaut boss based on what we've seen. 

There isn't actually any evidence of 115 on the Moon, if I am not mistaken, aside from the zombies reanimating. The reason Griffin Station was built was to study the MPD. 

• Administrators
On January 9, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Moved? After the time shift? What time shift?

And the rockets at Der Eisendrache are V2 rockets, barely capable of leaving our atmosphere; the Griffin Station rockets are much larger and capable of moon to earth transit. 

There is a pyramid here, however. 

9 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

( @TimelordAlex I'm hoping there's a No Mans Land style Spawn area in the town where you start & have to catch the Cable Car to the Castle)

I dont mind this idea, providing not all players are required to be on the cable car, that was the main flaw on moon, you needed everyone on the teleporter to leave, and that meant getting jugg/speed, paping a pain, plus at the start there would be one guy who would try to train, go down, that then secures everyone else a down too. But if you only had to pay 200 points or something and the gondola moved regardless of whos on it that would be a good idea, and if you missed it, it'd be down to you, you'd have to call it back down and go back up. I wouldnt mind having pap down there, as thats better than SoE method, but no perks, they should be elsewhere.

6 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Moved? After the time shift? What time shift?

And the rockets at Der Eisendrache are V2 rockets, barely capable of leaving our atmosphere; the Griffin Station rockets are much larger and capable of moon to earth transit. 

There is a pyramid here, however. 

The moon is confirmed to have 115 on it, via the terminal in BO1: Confirmed 115 deposits lists the moon as one of them.

The time shift is what richtofen does when he shoots himself in the head. Temporal distortion achieved. 

Yes, the rockets from moon to earth are bigger, but even those shouldn't be big enough to cause earth-shattering damage. I don't think size maters to them at all, in fact, these rockets are likely fueled with the same destructive properties, but don't need to be equipped with moon-to-earth capabilities considering their main purpose, if it's the same as moon's rocket's purpose. 

16 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

On the topic of the alternate Moon loading screen: are we certain that it was a remade version, or just an original concept screen? Because lots of information on the left panel was removed compared to the loading screen Moon currently has. Because there is such a difference between concept, remade, and revisited.

Either way, I would totes go for anything related to Moon (as it's my favorite Zombies map of All Time).  :tongue:

Samantha is now in Shangri La instead of Maxis. It is definitely important to the story. It shows Maxis and Sam got teleported to the opposite locations than they did in Moon and that the Biodome is no longer there and that a bunch of adverts are gone as they are not relevant to this portion of the story, like the Focusing Stone and Vril Device. It is definitely not the older version of it, as Pinnaz points out (FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS IT!). If anything, it won't be a remake. Or at least, the Biodome and a bunch of other buildings seem to be gone so I don't know. For all we know, the new Moon loading screen was intended for Der Eisendrache's loading screen.

I also remember a drawing in the DICE Summit book of both the old Shangri La loading screen and a new one. It wasn't the full thing but like a sketch, so that could show they also have that planned in some way at least.

Also there is no such thing as a timeshift. The universe we are in now is separate from any other we have been too but takes aspects of both the Origins world and the old portion of the story. The temporal disruption is because he shot himself, but in the main timeline Richtofen was meant to follow his Grand Scheme mission or whatever. No such thing as a timeshift, you need to look at the story with a different view because it is not the same universe as WaW to BO2.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

The moon is confirmed to have 115 on it, via the terminal in BO1: Confirmed 115 deposits lists the moon as one of them.

The time shift is what richtofen does when he shoots himself in the head. Temporal distortion achieved. 

Yes, the rockets from moon to earth are bigger, but even those shouldn't be big enough to cause earth-shattering damage. I don't think size maters to them at all, in fact, these rockets are likely fueled with the same destructive properties, but don't need to be equipped with moon-to-earth capabilities considering their main purpose, if it's the same as moon's rocket's purpose. 

I stand corrected. However, as I said, the MPD was the motive for the establishment of Griffin Stat, not 115. 

He actually says 'temporal DISRUPTION achieved,' simply indicating that a progression in a sequence has been impeded reoriented. It would not affect the construction or location of Griffin Stat itself. Only the sequence that followed, 'I cannot do everything for you, Dr. Groph," the grand scheme and so on. 

The V2 was incapable of crossing the Atlantic Ocean, much less cause a significant amount of damage to the earth. They were used on the UK during the war. Size does matter. 

@Nightmare Voyager why the Biodome is not there in that picture is up in the air, but it actually did exist before Samantha arrived on the moon. Only the launchpad a were missing. 

So we have two changes in the time stream then: 

1- Richtofen DOESN'T secretly build griffen station. 

2- Richtofen kills himself. 

Furthermore, I think it's totally possible to fire this rocket anywhere on earth. V2 rockets may just be the base design. The rocket it's self have their own capabilities, especially if there's 115 involved. 

13 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I stand corrected. However, as I said, the MPD was the motive for the establishment of Griffin Stat, not 115. 

He actually says 'temporal DISRUPTION achieved,' simply indicating that a progression in a sequence has been impeded reoriented. It would not affect the construction or location of Griffin Stat itself. Only the sequence that followed, 'I cannot do everything for you, Dr. Groph," the grand scheme and so on. 

The V2 was incapable of crossing the Atlantic Ocean, much less cause a significant amount of damage to the earth. They were used on the UK during the war. Size does matter. 

@Nightmare Voyager why the Biodome is not there in that picture is up in the air, but it actually did exist before Samantha arrived on the moon. Only the launchpad a were missing. 

I never said it didn't exist. It doesn't exist in this dimension though, hence it not being there. A concept I think is very easy to understand yet people are treating it as if its the theory or relativity or something.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I never said it didn't exist. It doesn't exist in this dimension though, hence it not being there. A concept I think is very easy to understand yet people are treating it as if its the theory or relativity or something.

Ahaha! Right? Okay, I gotcha. Yep, that's the best guess, and I don't think we have enough info to speculate as of yet if there's a bigger explanation anyway. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

So we have two changes in the time stream then: 

1- Richtofen DOESN'T secretly build griffen station. 

2- Richtofen kills himself. 

Furthermore, I think it's totally possible to fire this rocket anywhere on earth. V2 rockets may just be the base design. The rocket it's self have their own capabilities, especially if there's 115 involved. 

1. There is no evidence that there is nothing built on the moon. Sure, that might be the case, but it's not a fact. 

It's T' actually not totally possible. 115 doesn't make anything possible. Could they be supercharged rockets of some kind? Sure. But they're still minimally sized. 

There are not two changes oh my god Mocking I will scream. It is an alternate timeline with A LOT of differences. There is no definite split that we have confirmation on as this whole universe is different, we can;t just say the timeline changes because Richtofen kills himself because it was very much different before that. If I have to explain this one more time to someone I am literally giving up on the story.

1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

There are not two changes oh my god Mocking I will scream. It is an alternate timeline with A LOT of differences. There is no definite split that we have confirmation on as this whole universe is different, we can;t just say the timeline changes because Richtofen kills himself because it was very much different before that. If I have to explain this one more time to someone I am literally giving up on the story.

In my mind there are at least 2 key differences to the original universe in this universe. One of which is naturally occurring: Griffin station is no longer there. The second is caused by richtofen's cross dimensional medaling: Richtofen is dead. 

The universe would naturally evolve to a different outcome, yes, that's not actually a "Change" as it's always happened that way. But it's a change from the ORIGINAL storyline where griffen station was built on the moon. The second occurrence is in every way a change, as the results stem from richtofen's actions. 

Now.... Nabs.... As of right now... I think it's safe to assume there's nothing of significance on the moon... SAVE MAYBE the MPD.... 

As for the rockets; Fine they're V2 rockets that function just like real life V2 rockets. I don't very much see their point then unless the new plan is to only blow up parts of Europe. This is a Nazi Research station, those rockets do more than regular rockets. 

• Administrators

@Stop Mocking Me0 HAHAHAHA! your ignorance, disrespect, and refusal to support your statements never ceases to amaze, my friiiiieeeend. 

Go ahead and research the V2 rocket. You will find it was engineered by perhaps the greatest Nazi rocket scientist to serve the "Führer," who also went on to be one of the greatest rocket scientists in history following Operation Paperclip, one Wernher von Braun, who was stationed at one of the most top secret Nazi military research facilities in Europe. The rockets were never capable of crossing the Atlantic.