Noire Easter Egg

Pasta

So as we all know that by crouching underneath a certain photo at the waterfront whilst looking at it and hold square/x, the entire game turns black and white.  Now, my question is, does this last forever?  I've done it and it lasts the whole game while I've heard that some peoples have come back to color after a few rounds.  Is this another easter egg we have to solve?  

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the question.

So many leads, but nothing is getting anywhere.

Explore and let us know if you find anything.

If you go through the tram door of Waterfront, right above you is a black and white sign that says CJ's printing, which is the only b+w sign that I've seen. I've wanted to look at that in noire mode, but haven't had any luck activating the noire mode. 

There's definitely more to this though. There is a "Starting Point" and an "Ending Point" found within the coding. The most noticeable thing I've seen in "Noire" would have to be that, in the beginning the "Beast" can see in color. However after some time, rounds, transformations, unforseen circumstance. Even the "Beast" becomes"Colorblind".

1 minute ago, Ragdo11706 said:

There's definitely more to this though. There is a "Starting Point" and an "Ending Point" found within the coding. The most noticeable thing I've seen in "Noire" would have to be that, in the beginning the "Beast" can see in color. However after some time, rounds, transformations, unforseen circumstance. Even the "Beast" becomes"Colorblind".

Apothicon Servant shots, In Plain Sight and Parasite or Meatball rounds cause colour.

1 hour ago, 83457 said:

That's the question.

So many leads, but nothing is getting anywhere.

Explore and let us know if you find anything.

If you go through the tram door of Waterfront, right above you is a black and white sign that says CJ's printing, which is the only b+w sign that I've seen. I've wanted to look at that in noire mode, but haven't had any luck activating the noire mode. 

"CJs Printing" Black & White photo. Canal & Junction the Black & White textures I found that look like Gateworms. The only place these Symbols are found, except for the last one in the Waterfront District. Which also happens to be the same district in which then photo originated from.

OMG, the T-Virus is real....

Grasping at many, many straws there. GG

We should get some Vault Hunters to raid the code to see if there is a string about the noir mode. Maybe they haven't noticed this in the code yet. Once they do notice it, there may be more parts to it and if not than don't worry have a glass of reality and cure yourself of the infection.

26 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

We should get some Vault Hunters to raid the code to see if there is a string about the noir mode. Maybe they haven't noticed this in the code yet. Once they do notice it, there may be more parts to it and if not than don't worry have a glass of reality and cure yourself of the infection.

There is no cure once contracted.

18 hours ago, Pasta said:

So as we all know that by crouching underneath a certain photo at the waterfront whilst looking at it and hold square/x, the entire game turns black and white.  Now, my question is, does this last forever?  I've done it and it lasts the whole game while I've heard that some peoples have come back to color after a few rounds.  Is this another easter egg we have to solve?  

The noir filter lasts the entire game and never goes away until you die on solo or bleed out on co-op. There is instances where you return to colour briefly like when it is a parasite round but the filter will return once the parasite round is over.

The coding points towards a way of ending the filter so you either need to find/do something while in the noir mode or there is a way to deactivate it similarly to how you activate it in the first place. I have scoured the map while in the noir mode but found nothing so far unfortunately.

T-Virus warning

What if we complete the easter egg in Noire mode?  Before any possible steps, even if we have to push the rituals a few rounds up, we get the Noire mode and do everything.  The rituals, sword step, and then the rest of the easter egg.

I would be interested in doing this 4 player if interested, just incase NOTHING can be completed. I've only completed the 4 player egg once, and it was in Noire mode, however I started it on the 3rd or 4th ritual. It was pretty cool to see the cut scene in black / white for the 1st time, but I didn't notice anything different.

I have done it solo though activating noire before doing anything though, if that's what you mean. Again, I didn't notice anything different.

When I first seen this, I figured we could activate the filter, complete everything & upon completion the "World" would reset itself. Meaning we would gain color back, and be able to go through everything again. Only the Rounds would stay the same.

This would obviously lead to some changes, while progression was being made for the second play through.

Were definitely missing something here. What that is, or even what it'll lead to, I have no clue. May not be anything at all.

On 360, it turns b+w for a second, then everything is just greyed, like it's extra foggy.

It's clearly working, because regular color returns for 2 second at the start of meatball rounds, then goes away.

I think that this was active both times that i got that weird effect on the Devil-O upgrade. Perhaps therein lies a connection: either with the Devil-O, or the Trip Mine, or the box itself, since the effect is a clone or altered version of the box light.