New World at War Easter Egg Found (Character Bios)

• Administrators

Hey guys, Tac here with a quick thread about a cool find today.  @MrDalekJD recently made a video about how he and @MrRoflWaffles were talking with Jason Blundell and he said that there was a secret message inside the World at War character bios that to his knowledge, no one had found yet.  So Dalek made a vidoe asking the community to figure it out and surprisingly, many people had the same ideas.  My first inclination was to invert the image colors, which didn't show much of anything, so I decided to take the first letter from each sentence and see if it spelled anything.  I'll preface this by saying I'm not trying to take credit for the finding, seeing as the method I used was something that many many people simultaneously tried.  But alas, using the method described above, one finds that it spells "THE DR WANTS THE ULTIMATE POWER BASTARD."  The section of the sentence that says "THE DR WANTS THE ULTIMATE POWER" can be found in Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo's bios (in that order) while the "BASTARD" segment is only on Richtofen's bio.  Rather interesting stuff if you ask me, as they were foreshadowing Richtofen's intentions it seems.  Hope you enjoyed the thread and I'll leave the character bios (as seen in the video) below for those who wish to try it out themselves!

VkBUjHo.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this alluded to the Black Ops arc the whole time. But the question is... is this really the hidden message Jason Blundell said was in the character bios or is there something more?

• Administrators

Some people say that the blood splatter on each image could make a symbol or something relevant, citing Dempsey's and Nikolai's as appearing continuous.  Not sold that it leads to something, but who knows!

4 minutes ago, Tac said:

Some people say that the blood splatter on each image could make a symbol or something relevant, citing Dempsey's and Nikolai's as appearing continuous.  Not sold that it leads to something, but who knows!

How would it be possible to overlay the blood splatters without the pictures getting in the way?

2 minutes ago, Tac said:

It wouldn't be overlaying them, but connecting them I believe.

Oh. Do you know anyone who could try putting them together like a jigsaw?

52 minutes ago, Tac said:

Photoshopped as best as I can. Doesnt look like anything:

efldL3i.png

Left some smaller splatters away, which are blended with background, but those are main ones. I also overlayed that with original images and it hides some of their names. Dempsey = psey or mpsey. Richtofen = Rich. Nikolai = olai or kolai and Takeo = keo or akeo. Anagrams?

Bastards!! There was a blog on the old World at War Headquarters Webpage that had the Character Bio's on it. And guess what, the majority of these key words are different. I had copied the webpage word for word & put them in my Zombies Library folder. (I thought the ingame Bios had been removed, but you can only see them if you go into a online game.)

Here is the wayback machine link to the old WaW HQ Webpage ~ http://web.archive.org/web/20150507052203/https://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/world_at_war/blog/2011/10/17/shi-no-numa-character-bios

Or here (need to scroll down) http://web.archive.org/web/20111112235329/http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/worldatwar?view=blog#/?page=5

And this is the text copied from it ~ You won't get that hidden message if you use this text.

Tank Dempsey (USA)
Tank Dempsey: American hero. Give him a loaded weapon, a good woman, and something to shoot at and he’s happy. Cross him and he’ll rip your guts out and use them as a bandolier. Dempsey was selected for this mission after he showed his true grit at the battle for Peleliu. His unit was captured during the early raids before the main invasion, and he spent 2 weeks in a rat infested bamboo cage submerged in malarial water. Eventually, he gnawed his way through the cage, and then gnawed his way through his captors armed only with a Bobby pin and his Medal of Honor which he keeps secreted in various body cavities. There is no before the war for Dempsey, there is no after. There is only the legend of Tank Dempsey, and how he won the war for the rest of us.

Leaving behind a wake of destruction and meat sacks wherever he goes, Dempsey is the man to have on your side when faced with an undead apocalypse.

Nikolai Belinski (RUS)
Stalin himself cannot stare Nikolai in the eye, no one can. For in his eyes you see the soul of a man burning with a hatred of all things living. His closet is full of skeletons, many of them with the flesh still attached. Before the war, Nikolai quickly made his way up through the party ranks by killing the next man in line, and by marrying politically. His aspirations all came crashing down after his fifth wife mysteriously died while cleaning Nikolai’s axe with her neck. Little did he know that she had been sleeping with a high ranking party official on the side. After her tragic demise, Nikolai’s reputation spread quickly through the party, and it wasn’t long before Stalin himself had heard about the psychopathic politician who killed anything that came within 5 feet of him. As soon as the war started, Nikolai was dropped at the front line and forgotten about, where he wallowed in self pity and Vodka for several years.

With many weapons in his arsenal, not least of which is his breath, Nikolai Belinski can look death in the eye and say “I know you”.

Takeo Masaki (JPN)
Tattooed on the inside of Takeo’s eyelids is the Japanese proverb “Life is light when compared to honor”. For Takeo, life has no meaning if not to perfect one’s discipline and to reveal a warrior’s true character and honor. He ponders this and other philosophical questions as his Katana slices through the flesh and sinew of his enemy.

Takeo was born into wealth. His family dynasty dates back several centuries, and throughout that time they have been highly decorated Samurai and Bushi. Takeo is no exception to this celebrated bloodline. When the family first saw the young, life-filled 5 year old Takeo playing in the street with his Katana and slicing the tails off terrified kittens, they knew he was destined to bring honor to the Masaki name.

The war was a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his bloodlust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself. If you fall victim to his swift action and might, know that you have helped a man better than you reach enlightenment.

Doctor Richtofen (GER)
Beware The Doc. This message was scrawled across walls of every town under Axis control. Starvation may cripple you, dysentery may wreck you, and gunfire may rip the flesh from your bones, but Beware The Doc.

Meet Dr. Richtofen, known affectionately as The Butcher to his victims as they scream in agony moments before he snuffs out their light. Throughout his career, Richtofen has always been at the forefront of torture and information extraction research. Before the war he was a back alley plastic surgeon, who created an army of monstrous affluent Weimar socialites that would follow him around and laugh at every joke the genius doctor made. This all fell apart when the republic fell and the Nazi party took control. To Richtofen, their values were too moral, too liberal for his liking. He joined the army so he could satisfy his need to watch people die, slowly.

An incurable sociopath, he sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder. The victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.

He has a collection of stuffed animals, most of them posed in positions of terror at the instant of their death.

One thing I did realise is that the ingame Bio's don't mention alot of information that is shown on the webpage -

• Nikolai doesn't mention anything about him being a politician
  • Ingame Bio doesn't say anything about Takeo having “Life is light when compared to honor” Tattooed on the inside of his eyelids?
  • Richtofen is not described as being a "back alley plastic surgeon" & almost a whole paragraph is missing.

Using the webpage Bio's, these are the Capital letters for the start of each sentence. (It almost looks like the MotD cipher! I'm not saying it is though)

TGCDHETTL
SFHBHLAAW
TFHTHTWTI
BTSMTBTTHATH

I would love to find a screenshot from the ingame Bios from back in the day to see if this has been changed at all??? @Tac

EDIT ~ I found what looked to be old screenshots of the ingame Bio's & they look to be the same as they are now, so it seems that the WaW HQ Blog is a little different to what they actually say ingame.

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2016 at 0:03 AM, Nightmare Voyager said:

Oh. Do you know anyone who could try putting them together like a jigsaw?

hello, browsing the forum late at night... i can help, tried it a few times, I think I haven't seen all the possible connections but here you go for tonight, tomorrow if I see something else i might edit this post.

as said, dempsey and nikolai are obvious, not the other two.

gn.

11 hours ago, jopopo said:

hello, browsing the forum late at night... i can help, tried it a few times, I think I haven't seen all the possible connections but here you go for tonight, tomorrow if I see something else i might edit this post.

gn.

The blood splatters actually look like they make something. Weird.

14 hours ago, jopopo said:

gn.

Yeah, that way it definitely looks like something. Blood on one image didnt show anything (as seen on my post), so this could be the thing

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I thought the same, can someone post the pictures+text of the characters bios? I know the text from only Nikolai which someone posted. Also, mrRoffleWaffles made videos about them, so I can get the text from youtube, but that doesnt include the whole thing with picture. I dont have twitter, on which CoD posted them, so I cant see them there.

• Administrators
On 4/16/2016 at 4:24 AM, Nightmare Voyager said:

I have been looking around and does anyone actually have separate images of the bios, without a watermark or something? I can't find them anywhere.

This link (under the Character profiles tab) is them without the Dalek watermark, but does have the important letters marked. It's the best I could find that was still of high quality.

On 4/16/2016 at 4:34 AM, anonymous said:

I thought the same, can someone post the pictures+text of the characters bios? I know the text from only Nikolai which someone posted. Also, mrRoffleWaffles made videos about them, so I can get the text from youtube, but that doesnt include the whole thing with picture. I dont have twitter, on which CoD posted them, so I cant see them there.

Here you go: 

14 minutes ago, Tac said:

This link (under the Character profiles tab) is them without the Dalek watermark, but does have the important letters marked. It's the best I could find that was still of high quality.

Here you go: 

Thanks but I already had seen them. I just wanted the plain versions which I can't find anywhere. Not sure why MrDalekJD watermarked them, it is not like it is his images it was Treyarch's.