For the time being, their may be no Apothicon Servant upgrade

The Keeper symbols are clear in the red circle embers. I don't think 360 users get that effect from the keeper fireball spawn points, but maybe i forgot or failed to notice (doubtful).

Keeper language: Beast Doors, Red Circles, Sword Niche wall, and the Sword/Egg symbols seen from the train (and PaP run wall embers, which is the only Keeper hint in PaP, iirc).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, 83457 said:

The Keeper symbols are clear in the red circle embers. I don't think 360 users get that effect from the keeper fireball spawn points, but maybe i forgot or failed to notice (doubtful).

Keeper language: Beast Doors, Red Circles, Sword Niche wall, and the Sword/Egg symbols seen from the train (and PaP run wall embers, which is the only Keeper hint in PaP, iirc).

Yes I believe so. They are also the only "Creature/Entity" we interact with in the map. Quite a few times actually. When you receive the "Reborn" Sword and you get the greeting quote does this voice sound the same as all the rest. 

Another thing to note. Originally the Apothicon Servant fires a "Purple" Orb. Pretty much the same identical color that surrounds Shadow Man. However once upgraded it fires a "Red" Orb. Ironically enough the same color that emits from the "Keepers". 

Hmmm....makes me Wonder.

49 minutes ago, 83457 said:

See my 'upgrade colors' post...

Not that that does mean anything. 

I had not noticed this before. Will definitely check this out.

I was just talking with @Nightmare Voyager about how I thought there may be a possibility during the "Totem" phase, upon spawning in the Keepers. Where we could possibly obtain the "Cocoon" from one of the Keepers we summoned. Similar to that of which we acquire the Arch-Ovum from the Keepers Spirit.

*Damn I said Keeper a lot. 

Brainstorming should be in the other thread(s), i post in the t-virus note until i get something tangible... But i digress.

Yes, the keepers. As i said yesterday, after patch on xbone, they don't transmogrify. Maybe they are needed for something.

-----

Since parasite/wasp are in the same code as each other, indicating 2 seperate things, and we haven't seen them;

I propose that parasite could be the Wasp while still in the Margwa head. That would fit the term parasite.

Yesterday, I'm fairly certain that my AS shot did actually kill a head of the Margwa caught in the purple ball. Maybe we need to perfect that and see if the sucked out Wasps act different.

6 minutes ago, 83457 said:

Brainstorming should be in the other thread(s), i post in the t-virus note until i get something tangible... But i digress.

Yes, the keepers. As i said yesterday, after patch on xbone, they don't transmogrify. Maybe they are needed for something.

-----

Since parasite/wasp are in the same code as each other, indicating 2 seperate things, and we haven't seen them;

I propose that parasite could be the Wasp while still in the Margwa head. That would fit the term parasite.

Yesterday, I'm fairly certain that my AS shot did actually kill a head of the Margwa caught in the purple ball. Maybe we need to perfect that and see if the sucked out Wasps act different.

Parasites are called Parasistes in the Achievement. Wasps is more of an internal name for them, like Meatballs is for Insanity Elementals. Also you are fine to discuss stuff here, it seems a bit spread out over a lot of posts lately so I am hoping at some point it will all be put into one thread.

Possibly. I'm really starting to think there's something we must achieve in the "Noire Mode". The coding specifically states "Noire_ee_start" "Noire_ee_end". However we have yet to figure that out. 

I believe this would be a good place to start. Simply because we know it exists. We've started it, now we just need to finish it. It's odd when you first start as the "Beast" can see color. However after an unknown amount of time, transformations, rounds the "Beast" becomes Colorblind. 

Could it be possible that we can go in this mode complete the Easter Egg, and the "World" resets itself. Back to normal having to do everything all over again. 

Also what's the purpose of Sals Laundry Receipt as well as, the Crocuta and shooting down Mark Maestas photo.

Crocuta is a reference to his gamertag on everything- Mecha Hyena. He also probably inspired the character of Harvey Yena.  Sal's Laundry Receipt is just free points. It is one of those small easter eggs that does not need to be an overarching one, like the free Mega GobbleGum or what Noire Mode was thought to be. Remember, to activate Noire Mode you do not need the Crocuta so they have no link either. A lot more references can be found in PaP names that lead to small easter eggs in reference to developers, we have just yet to discover them. Noire Mode also lets you see in colour for a short moment when walking through a Servants shot and when a "special" round begins.

Where are people getting the name "Noire" anyways? I am pretty sure its Noir.

I'm not positive but I believe the Coding has it as "Noire_ee_start". But it very well could be Noir. Yeah to start this no photographs need to be shot down. All that's required is you kneel, aim, and press the action button, which itself is odd. 

I can see the Laundry Ticket being just for the 500pts back from opening the "Easy Street" gate. However when it comes to Mecha Hyenas phtograph being shot off the wall, there's a rather distinct thud/pop noise it makes.

Just seems there's more to this than just shooting down the picture. Like what point does it really actually serve. Also why getting grenade kills at the Docks can you hear the boats bells.

Could it be something to do with a Grenade upgrade? We had a lot of upgrades, it could be a very small one. It sounds a lot like it. You get bowling pins for using the shield, these unique sounds usually indicate that. I think that you have to get all PaPed guns related to the developer to shoot them down. There has to be references to all of them in the PaP names, e.g. someone who likes Final Fantasy you have to shoot his picture with the Cumulus Struggle (Reference to Cloud Strife from FF). I am really starting to think these are actual easter eggs, not WW ones but just other ones. I need to go find the developers pictures and link them to stuff.

On parasite + wasp, i thought that Ragdo was saying that they appeared together in the code (see that post of code above), which would imply they are two different things.

Ragdo?

----

On Noire mode. It may mean nothing, but just above that area (Fuse area, near Tram $1250 Door) is 'CJ's printing' in black and white. It is the only black and white sign on the 360 version that I've seen. Maybe there is a connection? I've had no luck with the Noire mode, i keep not doing it right, so i couldn't investigate.

I'm not really sure, to be honest. I kind of have to agree with @Nightmare Voyager on tthis one. "Wasp" may just be Treyarchs inside terminology for "Parasite". Similar to how they refer to the "Elementals" as R.A.P.S. or Meatballs.

Then again you could be right in the fact that the Parasite is what spawns out of the Margwas head, and the Wasps are what spawns during the Round. I have noticed while playing as the"Beast", some of these "Parasites" you just cannot grapple them for some reason. However, when an Elemental spawns you can almost always grapple these.

Where exactly are you talking about CJs Printing. Which district are you referring to.

Just now, Ragdo11706 said:

I'm not really sure, to be honest. I kind of have to agree with @Nightmare Voyager on tthis one. "Wasp" may just be Treyarchs inside terminology for "Parasite". Similar to how they refer to the "Elementals" as R.A.P.S. or Meatballs.

Then again you could be right in the fact that the Parasite is what spawns out of the Margwas head, and the Wasps are what spawns during the Round. I have noticed while playing as the"Beast", some of these "Parasites" you just cannot grapple them for some reason. However, when an Elemental spawns you can almost always grapple these.

Where exactly are you talking about CJs Printing. Which district are you referring to.

He cannot be right about that. The Achievement disproves it. You can't always grapple a Parasite (because that is what they are, Wasps is the internal name. They are Parasites. There are even official descriptions that call them that and if anyone says otherwise I am literally not going to acknowledge anything said after that because if we are hung up on simple facts like that, then we are doomed) Anyways, you can't always grapple them because they are flying around and its glitchy. You can only grapple them while they are still, if they move you cannot. Trying to grapple it as it is about to move is the same thing.

30 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I agree, Para-Site seeing. Maybe we should try killing 5 in each District as opposed to just killing 5 all together. Even better try killing at least 5 multiple times. A few achievements coincide with different E.E. 

That is true, since it was the Rocket Shield hint. It could make sense really, either grapple them or suck them into the Servant blast.

40 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

That is true, since it was the Rocket Shield hint. It could make sense really, either grapple them or suck them into the Servant blast.

That's a pretty good idea. You know what else I've been thinking here recently. What if when it comes to shooting the 6 Margwa Hearts, what if we're actually supposed to use the Apothicon Servant. I mean it's tough as it is, but not nearly as hard as it is when trying to do it with the A.S. 

3 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

That's a pretty good idea. You know what else I've been thinking here recently. What if when it comes to shooting the 6 Margwa Hearts, what if we're actually supposed to use the Apothicon Servant. I mean it's tough as it is, but not nearly as hard as it is when trying to do it with the A.S. 

It would suck them up into whatever dimension the AS leads to so I would have to agree with doing that.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

It would suck them up into whatever dimension the AS leads to so I would have to agree with doing that.

Could also explain why, when shooting them with a normal weapon/Ray Gun, once you acquire the Mask intractables freeze. Such as the Laundry Ticket, the components for the hidden song. 

I'm definitely going to be trying this tonight.

I would hope the upgraded WW is more then just "Gone" forever. Sure there's going to be the CUSTOM MAP VERSION coming in March, but I'd still REALLY like to upgrade this thing for real in game. I missed the brief period when it was possible, and I really want to see this weapon upgraded in action. 

My personal theory right now is that we're missing something required to do what's being asked of us. Perhaps it's an elemental upgrade to be added in later on, or a gobble gum or something. I guess it really ISN'T needed, but it SHOULD be obtainable by SOME means, even if it's just the temporary upgrade Gobble-gum.

On parasites:

Just to be clear, they are parasites as far as i know.

Ragdoll wrote out what looked like he was transcribing some of the code.

He wrote both 'wasp' and 'parasite' in some of those lines, which is what i was asking about. That is all.

It seems this was just his writing and they are still only called parasites.

Sorry that i was confused by that and sowed further confusion, this was not my goal.

:)

---

Yes, para-site seeing. Train kills. Use the 3 districts to face the train the right way, kill parasites, and head to 4th district past canal on the 'track' there.

---

How to upgrade AS: known methods:

1. Kidnap Trollarch heads, torture them with comfy chairs and soft cushions until they divulge the solution! (I'm joking, please don't call the NSA).

2. Delete updates, if the game doesn't freeze (which was it's wont), then play it and PaP the AS!

Edited by 83457
Errors