Sword Counter Theory

Pasta

I was very interested in the sword counters this whole week but sadly I was not able to do it.  It is difficult.  I believe the best way to do it is a high round so that the zombies don't instantly die.  

In SOE we often use the sword for various steps in the easter egg in a way that doesn't kill but as to "give it away".  We give our swords to the keepers in a figurative way.  My thinking is that maybe when the counter hits zero we can infuse the sword somehow with the ww.  Just speculations.

What if we got to a high round, popped a killing time gumball, and go to ham on zombies?  Could we use the arch ovum circles to keep the swords going?  Will it count?  All these questions.  Great work on the other threads guys, lots of theories and ideas but I want to focus on something a little more concrete which is that sword counter.  Anybody want to make a killing time gumball lobby and use them all up for this? lol

Edited by Pasta
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True I suppose, but this would nullify the ability to obtain the Upgraded version in Solo. Which is highly unlikely of Treyarch.

Easter Eggs/Main Quests are one thing. After Origins I don't know why they would ever make another 4-Player Co-Op Quest, but the ability to upgrade a maps Wunder Weapon. I don't see them going that far.

Although I've seen crazier shit...

couldn't find the other topic discussing the counter...

how are you guys getting it to go down? i tried last night but it stayed at 10/10 when i killed a Margwa with it.

EDIT: can someone please explain the cocoon's that people talk about too. i haven't seen a pic or anything to support it.

Edited by mmm chocolate

Whenever you get a head hit on a zombie, the counter goes down.  But the lower the counter goes, the faster your sword depletes which the difficult part.  Lowest I've seen anybody get it down to is 3.  Also, zombies die too quick sometimes and it makes it difficult so my theory was what if we got to round 45 (or higher, until we know that the sword is no longer one hit) and popped a killing time gumball to freeze up a horde and try for it.

As for your cocoons, I haven't even seen these things so until I do, I'm going to leave that in my T-Virus pile of theories lol 

I just get right up in a Zombies face before I use then melee button, to the point I'm practically kissing the Bastard. Then it'll go down, 9/9, 8/8, etc.. etc..

As far as the Cocoons go, here is an image of them. Mind you these were force spawned into the game, by altering the Coding. Not from me someone else.

JFCopri_1.jpg.cd0557fa065effe297d6a4f9e5

2 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I just get right up in a Zombies face before I use then melee button, to the point I'm practically kissing the Bastard. Then it'll go down, 9/9, 8/8, etc.. etc..

As far as the Cocoons go, here is an image of them. Mind you these were force spawned into the game, by altering the Coding. Not from me someone else.

JFCopri_1.jpg.cd0557fa065effe297d6a4f9e5

thanks for the pic.

On cocoons:

If they exist, they have 5 locations in each district. Also, they generally appear under bridges. This pic is circulated the most, but it's one of the more easily seen ones. They are small and brownish, despite the larger image looking tan.

The ritual area pods (if they exist) are rather larger and look like miniature extinction hive-flowers. The lone master pod only has a location in Ruby Rabbit. It looks like an odd-shaped see-through sac that is large enough to hold the AS.

I'm not claiming their existence is real or not. It was 'confirmed' by code diving that the upgrade is in the game and the cocoons are part of it. But, it could be a troll's lie.

----------

On sword counter topic:

I don't condone cheating to high rounds, but to figure this out, one could do this locally:

360 version, not tested on xbone.

If both of your guns are empty, the sword won't go away (shield as well, i believe, if it's in hand). So you could keep the sword until the counter hits zero. This may also glitch the effect if it would put your sword away or something, but it may not.

360 and xbone, i believe: you can pap away your gun(s), then pull out sword (shield) for infinite sword.

This is just to get results. If it gets us somewhere, then we can hone the legitimate method, sans cheats.

---

I mention the shield as well, because maybe we can find a purpose for the upgraded version, if it lasts forever.

Just do a throwaway game to figure these out.

Edited by 83457
3 hours ago, 83457 said:

On cocoons:

If they exist, they have 5 locations in each district. Also, they generally appear under bridges. This pic is circulated the most, but it's one of the more easily seen ones. They are small and brownish, despite the larger image looking tan.

The ritual area pods (if they exist) are rather larger and look like miniature extinction hive-flowers. The lone master pod only has a location in Ruby Rabbit. It looks like an odd-shaped see-through sac that is large enough to hold the AS.

I'm not claiming their existence is real or not. It was 'confirmed' by code diving that the upgrade is in the game and the cocoons are part of it. But, it could be a troll's lie.

----------

On sword counter topic:

I don't condone cheating to high rounds, but to figure this out, one could do this locally:

360 version, not tested on xbone.

If both of your guns are empty, the sword won't go away (shield as well, i believe, if it's in hand). So you could keep the sword until the counter hits zero. This may also glitch the effect if it would put your sword away or something, but it may not.

360 and xbone, i believe: you can pap away your gun(s), then pull out sword (shield) for infinite sword.

This is just to get results. If it gets us somewhere, then we can hone the legitimate method, sans cheats.

---

I mention the shield as well, because maybe we can find a purpose for the upgraded version, if it lasts forever.

Just do a throwaway game to figure these out.

You know, I could actually do this since in play on local. I'm just not one for cheating and much rather prefer to play legitimately. Especially being that I don't even buy Quick Revive 9/10 and still manage to complete the Side Quest on Round 43. 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. I got the sword counter to zero. It's a matter of just holding the sword aimed at a specific level to keep getting headshots. It's still not easy, cost me 2 downs, and i did it in the mid thirties.

Later, i noticed all of the pods in the game glowed whitish. They looked like brains and pulsed slightly. If i opened any, even the new pod that grew looked like this.

Not sure what to do next.

---------------------

Other info: after getting the head counter, but before noticing the pods, i tried sword-stabbing the cthulu statue. I tried to pap the AS. No effect on either.

Other things that i did that may or may not matter: killed hordes at each altar with AS (and occasional sword, trip mine [D-O], blast furnace, and turned kills).

Edit: i also had widow's wine, so i kept letting groups hit me, then i would AS them and grab the spider drops and repeat./edit.

Knifed flyers with Widow's Wine.

Lead each group of keepers to each ritual site, did ritual. Keeper side note: the subway ones won't transmogrify if you bring them to a ritual, they also don't trigger any shadowman quotes. For example: any other killed keeper group makes SM say 'they will keep coming', or 'they are our true enemies' the first time that you kill a group.

Trip mines upgraded by Devil-O, i made sure to get kills at each Molly's Cream Cakes carts after, which had no visible effect nor audio cue still, but i like to try things several times due to inCODsistency.

I threw ww grenades at 2 of the 3 train symbols.

After pods changed, 2 gave man-o'-war, the others gave drops. Oddly there was no shield tanks given.

I had perkaholic, AS (LZ), RG pap, Dingo pap (bf, then turned, then bf), Trip mine D-O, regular shield, no Margwa mask, upgraded sword of course. No Arnie (mean old box).

I did eggs and rituals all willy-nilly, with no relation to what character i was, just whatever ritual was open.

Now what? What do i do with brain pods? Give them my AS? I've tried that with regular pods for no profit. I didn't want to give Fisty away in the 40 rounds...

Edited by 83457

No theater, 360. (I would need a pic of the 360 white one, and a regular 360 pod to compare).

I almost grabbed a pic, but my attachment allotment here is almost up, and a picture of a whitish pod wouldn't really help us. If my word isn't credible by now on this site, pics wouldn't be anymore believable. 

They definitely were golden/white, i even started another game after, just to compare what the pods normally look like.

Also, they pulsed slightly, most noticeable on the pods that were growing back, and the full grown ones.

The whitish was almost golden on the ribbing, but the main look was dull whitish, and gave the look of brains.

I assume it's the 'reward' for getting 10 headshots, but now what do I do?

Edit: i know another description may not help, but i want you to know that i checked this thoroughly. 

Example: looking at the lone pod on easy street (360), the reddish color of the top of the pod blends in with the brick wall behind it when viewed from 20 feet away in junction. When i tried this view with the white pods, the pod clearly stood out from the wall.

Of course, it may be a glitch. I plan to repeat it asap, but i wanted to bring it to the community asap also.

Edited by 83457
18 hours ago, Nieno69 said:

Did it count again after you get to 0?

I'm unsure of what you are asking. It stayed at zero until the sword timed out. I didn't think to look to see if it was at 10 again, when i used it again. Did one of those answer the question?

10 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457

When you got it to 0/0, were the 0 (Red). If so I've done this before myself, just never noticed the PODs. I'm not sure what you mean by white glow, I think in know what your saying.

I think the zeros were red, now that you mention it, but i can't swear by it. I'll look next time.

The ridges of the pods were whitish, instead of dark. The small ones looked like brains.

-----

Until this gets repeated, it's just noteworthy, but just like 'new visual effect?' thread, I'll figure it out eventually.

I've played quite a bit and this is the only time that i saw that effect, and the only time i hit 0/0 on the sword, so I'm assuming causation by correlation. But it may be the Altar kills, or maybe even stabbing flyers with widow's wine....shrug. I just figured i would get this out there for more eyes on it.

7 hours ago, 83457 said:

I'm unsure of what you are asking. It stayed at zero until the sword timed out. I didn't think to look to see if it was at 10 again, when i used it again. Did one of those answer the question?

I think the zeros were red, now that you mention it, but i can't swear by it. I'll look next time.

The ridges of the pods were whitish, instead of dark. The small ones looked like brains.

-----

Until this gets repeated, it's just noteworthy, but just like 'new visual effect?' thread, I'll figure it out eventually.

I've played quite a bit and this is the only time that i saw that effect, and the only time i hit 0/0 on the sword, so I'm assuming causation by correlation. But it may be the Altar kills, or maybe even stabbing flyers with widow's wine....shrug. I just figured i would get this out there for more eyes on it.

I agree, I just wish you could've gotten a picture. Even if you do like me and use your cellphone. You can get a pretty decent image from that.

15 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I agree, I just wish you could've gotten a picture. Even if you do like me and use your cellphone. You can get a pretty decent image from that.

Yeah. I should have and i knew it.

But it was the wee hours, my attachment quota is nearly full, and a pic of a white pod wouldn't do much really to help us, and I'd have to supply a regular pod pic (360) for comparison.

Despite the reasons not to take it, i should have anyway.

@83457

@Pasta

@mmm chocolate

@Nieno69

Ok so I can't be 100% positive on this, but an easy way to have more people attempting this and actually achieving the goal of getting the counter to 0/0. It appears during the "Totem" running phase of the Main Quest, if you use the "Keeper Sword" on the Shadow Man, it won't actually hurt him.

However, the counter on the Sword will go down & continue to go down until it finally reads 0/0, at which point you will automatically put the Sword away. So this very well may actually turn out to be something. Its been right in front of us this whole time, as well as using it on the Shadow Man doesn't seem to have an affect, yet the counter still goes down.

12 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457

@Pasta

@mmm chocolate

@Nieno69

Ok so I can't be 100% positive on this, but an easy way to have more people attempting this and actually achieving the goal of getting the counter to 0/0. It appears during the "Totem" running phase of the Main Quest, if you use the "Keeper Sword" on the Shadow Man, it won't actually hurt him.

However, the counter on the Sword will go down & continue to go down until it finally reads 0/0, at which point you will automatically put the Sword away. So this very well may actually turn out to be something. Its been right in front of us this whole time, as well as using it on the Shadow Man doesn't seem to have an affect, yet the counter still goes down.

I saw the Video on youtube too but don't think That's it at all.... it does not Show nothing after or "before"... futher on he Modded the game ...I think we saw the same vid...?

@Nieno69

Yea, we in fact did see the same video. I know the game was modded, but that shouldn't change wether or not the "Keeper Sword" kills the Shadow Man. 

I figured he noticed while using it, the Counter was going down, but the Shadow Man wasn't dieing. Therefore, he paused the game started recording and finshied the Counter until it hit 0/0, in which case immediately it's put away. 

Same thing that happened to me when I did it, & the same thing that happened to @83457 when he did it.

I got it to zero twice more in the game that i just played.

No white pods. Grr.

I tried to try everything else that i had done,  except the massive Widow's Wine spider feast. I'll try that next game. I even had Lor-Zarozzor again.

I found that doing my Fancy Grind camp spot, i could pull out the sword and headshot them easily without flanking attacks from zombies. For unknown reasons, the game downed me and i was stuck with the sword out, but it did no damage... 2 of 3 deaths were glitches... Sigh. But the first time that i did it, I got all 10 headshots easily.

I checked pap, all altars, looked for cocoons. Nothing that i noticed.

The counter must do something! As it looks, getting headshots seems bad: making the sword end early and giving me downs without even getting hit.

Maybe 10 at once isn't necessary, just get a few here and there until it gets to 30? 50? 115?

Please don't be Tranzit2...

4 minutes ago, 83457 said:

I got it to zero twice more in the game that i just played.

No white pods. Grr.

I tried to try everything else that i had done,  except the massive Widow's Wine spider feast. I'll try that next game. I even had Lor-Zarozzor again.

I found that doing my Fancy Grind camp spot, i could pull out the sword and headshot them easily without flanking attacks from zombies. For unknown reasons, the game downed me and i was stuck with the sword out, but it did no damage... 2 of 3 deaths were glitches... Sigh. But the first time that i did it, I got all 10 headshots easily.

I checked pap, all altars, looked for cocoons. Nothing that i noticed.

The counter must do something! As it looks, getting headshots seems bad: making the sword end early and giving me downs without even getting hit.

Maybe 10 at once isn't necessary, just get a few here and there until it gets to 30? 50? 115?

Please don't be Tranzit2...

Haha. Did you try using the Shadow Man. I don't think it's Tranzit 2.0

I've got an image I'm going to post in the T-Virus thread but it's a good one. I just don't know if it warrants a new Thread based on the information.