Widow's Wine and the red-spider drops

Dr.Z

Alright so I don't know if this has already been cleared up yet. I know for a fact that the red power ups that drop when you have Widow's Wine have an effect, have you all not noticed yet? When you grab one, the next zombie that smacks you gets frozen and then if you let the web consume him without touching him, the zombies head will pop off and you will see a tiny red explosion as it happens. Tested this multiple times since I've discovered it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Dr.Z said:

Ehh over time as the rounds go on I usually always seem to get the red drops. I haven't looked into why I get them, I just do as I kill the zombies. I've heard others talk about them it's no glitch, they definitely are real. 

Can you get a picture of it? I believe you but since I am going to suggest you ask on the reddit as well, they might ask for proof.

Absolutely. I'm an average zombie loving joe with a ps4 and an iPhone. I guess I could video it on my phone and maybe upload the clip on here somehow? I'm sure the game I played last night will suffice. I'm not good at operating theater. How do I fast forward to a moment I desire to look at? It takes so long to get there. I work at a bar and I have to close tonight, I may go into theater when I get off and search for it but it will be laate. Like..3 or 4 possibly.

20 minutes ago, Dr.Z said:

Absolutely. I'm an average zombie loving joe with a ps4 and an iPhone. I guess I could video it on my phone and maybe upload the clip on here somehow? I'm sure the game I played last night will suffice. I'm not good at operating theater. How do I fast forward to a moment I desire to look at? It takes so long to get there. I work at a bar and I have to close tonight, I may go into theater when I get off and search for it but it will be laate. Like..3 or 4 possibly.

I think you press the trigger and it zooms forwards.

I guess I mean is there a quicker way to progress through the theater of your game. It takes forever! Ha I'm on now and I'm about to try and view this shit. If I can video it on my phone can I put it on here somehow?

*** never mind I figured out how to use theater ha

Edited by Dr.Z

It says I can't submit the video. I can only upload 2.... That's all I can see on my phone. I have great video for this all and I will find a way to post it if y'all can help me! Quick question tho, why is theater so glitchy?? The pod in the video looks strange and the power ups lose their gleam, AND the fucking animation that the red drop gives is completely omitted from the video!!! However you can see the red drops

Theatre mode glitches out the colours when you skip forward or backwards. But if you use the fast forward button all colours will remain as they should. Though it takes ages to get to where you want to. 

I wonder if the purpose of the Red drops are like the red drops in BO2

I know for a fact when you pick up a drop and you let a zombie smack you their heads blow up. I have video for it, I'll have to download YouTube on here and get a better clip uploaded. Cause my phone ain't really getting the job done.

It appears to drop randomly throughout my gameplay. They disappear quicker than the blue spider drops as well! All I know is, buy widows wine and toy around with the zombies. Let them smack you some and as the rounds go on eventually you start slaying hoardes and they will pop up. I wish I could have better luck uploading things. Any suggestions? 

I said something about this a week or so ago. Not only do they turn red, but they cycle between 2 different images. Lips & something else. 

I've noticed the longer I survive and the more I collect the longer they seem to stay around. 

Glad you figured out why I keep seeing certain Zombies explode in a red mist. 

See & y'all thought I was tripping from the T-Virus....

Edited by Ragdo11706
1 minute ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457

I used to think so, being that in the Coding Widows Wine Grenades were referred to as, ww_Cocoons. However the "Spider Drops" are the Cocoons. 

So either there two totally different "Cocoons" or one in the same. I'm taking it there totally different, non related.

I doubt the spider drops are cocoons.

Cocoon images and locations have been manually spawned in at 15 specific locations (5 per district). Theoretically, a code diver had confirmed the existence of the AS upgrade and it involves these cocoons.

There are also giant pod locations at each ritual site (like small extinction hive-bulbs) (48? Total), and a master pod (large enough to fit the AS) in Ruby Rabbit.

The red spiders may be a step, but i (and others) sincerely doubt they would use a perk in the AS upgrade.

I'd rather use the unupgraded version than be stuck with that annoying perk. Ha.

@83457

Yea I know. The Spider Drops are the "Cocoons" as far as Widows Wine Grenades. Completely separate from the "Cocoons" we're looking for.

I've seen the Pods/Master Pod. I'm thinking that idea was scrapped. Maybe not, but I find it hard to believe there are still "Cocoons" left to be found & Pods/Master Pod. 

Hell they may have scraped all of it entirely. Although that would lead one to believe they would've also taken out the Upgrade-Ready Quotes.

TrollArchs finest hour, SoE....

JFCopri_1.jpg.0f6590b5700749b173b40a10ac

svMUma3.png.5ed308871a65a00ba99441e89e32

Seems large enough to me to house the A.S. Thus why I think the Pod/Master Pod idea was scraped. I believe that was how they originally wanted to go about the Upgrade. However they decided to go with "Cocoons" instead.

Edited by Ragdo11706

If the spider drops can be made red, it can't be down to how many zombies you have killed or rounds survived; there must be another trigger.

I only say this as Steve just did 215 rounds with this perk and killed in excess of 200,000 zombies.  Never saw a red drop anywhere.

Hi ive been wondering what the drops are as well. Ive only seen the blue ones. 

Im pretty sure theyre just to re-power your widows wine. Widows wine runs out sometimes as it will stop working temporarily if you take too many zombie hits. It seems to re-charge if you start a new round??(or just wait?) im not really sure.

As I posted in another thread, (thanks for posting an image of it!) I can confirm these red widow wine drops are REAL. I got them in the rift running high rounds down there. I think you literally get them by getting a shit load of "cocoon" kills. When I get to about round 32 I start to throw them at my train. Not only does it make the whole train freeze for easy kills it replenishes my widows grenades. I have now seen these red grenades twice. Once in a 4 player game after we completed the main Easter egg and also in a solo game. I promise these are real. Lighting glitch ? Maybe? But when my power ups lighting glitch happens it doesn't show any glow. This one has a distinct red glow

I've gotten them a few times myself. I had made mention of it a week or so ago. Ironically enough I was running in the Rift myself. I always tend to let the Zombies smack me then shoot the A.S. at them. At some point, I don't know what the trigger is, I've seen them.

Every time I get it, the next Zombie that smacks me, gets tangled in the web, followed by him/her exploding in a red mist. It actually looks almost as if it's fire consuming the Zombie. 

"Fire, Does anyone have any Fire, Fire usually kills things?!?!"

Since there is so little known about widow's wine I truly believe there are a few things we haven't fully discovered about it. I definitely think red drops are either a result from collecting so many blue drops or just getting widows wine kills.  Haven't messed with the red drops enough, but I shall.