T-Virus Thread

Not really sure where I should post this, but I didn't think it was worth starting a thread for. Spoke to Activision support tonight about a couple of issues with the game and decided to ask a couple of questions about the Apothicon Servant upgrade. The support agent gave slightly conflicting information, but thought I would link the conversation anyway for anyone still looking for the upgrade as I think this response is leaning towards there not being a way to upgrade at all, or the weapon not being able to be upgraded at this point in time:

@DaveLo07 To be honest mate, I think you were asking the wrong person. The support people know very little when it comes to this kind of stuff and his answers seemed very on the spot. I think Jason's answer of "It's NOT upgradable... in Shadows of Evil!" means we will most likely have to complete all the EE's on all main maps to charge the Summoning Key, and upon completion of charging the key we will be able to unlock a new feature on all the main maps. It makes sense that we could use it to get the upgraded Apothicon in my opinion and why it was in the files in the first place.

• Like 2

Ah Ok, I assume that quote is from the live stream earlier? I wasn't actually aware it was commented on, but that makes sense. Thanks for the heads up. And yeah, you really have to take most of what support say with a pinch of salt, their knowledge seems pretty limited. At least we know it is not worth searching for it at the present time. It may be linked to the easter eggs and summoning key, but I think it is also pretty evident we are going to be getting a lot more of this Apothicon language at some point, so wonder if that will link with finding it, being able to understand what the wonder weapon quotes are saying.

There's so much written yet non understandable language in SoE that I find it hard to understand why they didn't incorporate the languages dictionary so we know what were looking at. I believe it's essential for the players to engage more in the game if they knew what they were looking at, IDK call me cray cray

I still like SoE and can probably have more fun with it knowing that there's no upgrade (nothing to look for) just go kick some zombie ass with your fist shoved up some creatures butt, a pap'd weapon and some donut trip mines! 

• Like 1

Once we understand the "Apothicon/Keeper" Language Treyarch created based solely around the "Apothicon Servant", then we will be able to Upgrade it. 

We are being given specific commands, and directions we must follow. However, not knowing or understanding the language properly, we cannot do this.

Why do you think Jason Blundell was wearing that specific shirt he wore yesterday. Not to laugh in our face, but to show us, this is the answer to what your looking for.

• Like 1

@Ragdo11706 That's kind of the direction I think it is going in. Just skimmed through the interview with Jason Blundell and MrRoflwaffles, and couldn't find the quote directly about the wonder weapon. However, there is a part where Jason is asked about easter eggs that connect between maps, and his response is that there will be strings of connection rather than pushing a button in one map to trigger something in another.

27 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

@Ragdo11706 That's kind of the direction I think it is going in. Just skimmed through the interview with Jason Blundell and MrRoflwaffles, and couldn't find the quote directly about the wonder weapon. However, there is a part where Jason is asked about easter eggs that connect between maps, and his response is that there will be strings of connection rather than pushing a button in one map to trigger something in another.

Check the stream he did yesterday with NoahJ456, that's the one your looking for (I believe).

Yeah, I agree. Something is going to tie all of this together. I wouldn't be surprised, when Richtofen enters Shadows through the Rift to steal the "Summoning Key", if that's when the Cocoon is dropped.

16 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Check the stream he did yesterday with NoahJ456, that's the one your looking for (I believe).

Yeah, I agree. Something is going to tie all of this together. I wouldn't be surprised, when Richtofen enters Shadows through the Rift to steal the "Summoning Key", if that's when the Cocoon is dropped.

Didn't he say that you cannot upgrade the WW in SoE? Meaning it will be in another map?

He did also state that people think once the main EE is over thats all there is, when apparently there's more to do after the cutscenes so he's teasin us with that as well.   

Edited by Drewxke

@Ragdo11706 Wow, I'm so far off the pace with this, watched the wrong video! I hate waiting for these streams to start and to get past all the multiplayer info, so deciding against watching yesterday. I will have to try and find it. I just hope for your sake it is not related to all the easter eggs (being offline and Shadows being 4 player) as you've invested a lot of time into the search for the upgrade. And I have mixed feelings if we are going to be able to access it at a later date. It might add some replayabillity in a sense if there are puzzles that need to be solved in order to access it, but I find it strange that so much importance is surrounding one weapon on one map, when we can already upgrade the weapons in Der Eisendrache. I also feel like the names of the 4 different incarnations of the apothicon servant may be as important as the upgrade quotes when we find out what they mean. Still can't see anything that distinguishes one from another at this point in time.

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Once we understand the "Apothicon/Keeper" Language Treyarch created based solely around the "Apothicon Servant", then we will be able to Upgrade it. 

We are being given specific commands, and directions we must follow. However, not knowing or understanding the language properly, we cannot do this.

Why do you think Jason Blundell was wearing that specific shirt he wore yesterday. Not to laugh in our face, but to show us, this is the answer to what your looking for.

NoahJ did say he wanted to take pictures of his shirt. I hope he got the opportunity to do that!

• Like 1

Yea I agree, that would be pretty shitty. Hopefully this is not the case, if it is I'd be pretty bummed out, but life goes on.

He also could have meant, something else I've said. In the fact that we may actually end up seeing the "Ancients Apothicon Servant" whereas that'll be the one Richtofen and crew can Upgrade.

Only time will tell, but in the end I'm almost certain well be seeing the upgraded form one way or the other.

11 minutes ago, Drewxke said:

Didnt he say that you cannot upgrade the WW in SoE? Meaning it will be in another map

He said, "The Apothicon Servant can't be upgraded... in Shadows of Evil"

This could very well mean we will actually be seeing the "Ancients Apothicon Servant" or someway in another map well be able to unlock the Cocoon in Shadows of Evil.

• Like 1

I think we just have to wait - pretty sure soe is just introducing the Summoning Key .... and it will all end with  a map which is connected to soe...and we will destroy the key and save....ohm..no... free a more evil and powerful force.. .

That's the end of bo3 zombies and we will have to wait again....

So after a lot of thought, I believe I've come up with a pretty damn good theory.

________

So in Der Eisendrache we have the achievement, "My Brothers Keeper". Where we actually defeat one of the "Corrupted Keepers" in order to obtain the soul of "Tank" 1.0.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, "In DLC 2 on the Island, we will indeed defeat/kill another "Corrupted Keeper".

_______

If this ends up being the case, in DLC 3 & 4 were going to be defeating/ Killing 2 more "Corrupted Keepers".

Which I believe will actually turn out to be, the way the NO4 were seeing themselves in this different "Dimension". (Possibly, if they are in fact the Ancients)

_______

In Shadows of Evil we "Summoned 4 Keepers", to help defeat the Apothicons. Now with the NO4, were going back and defeating/killing these same 4 "Keepers".

_______

In my opinion, the Summoning Key will act in a similar fashion to the "Nav Card Tables". Once the DLC season is finished, we will take the now "Fully Charged Summoning Key" back to Shadows.

This time however, theres going to be a different Quest. The Quest in which we realize we've been the "Apothicons Servants" this entire time. This is when we will be able to do the "Upgrade Quest". 

The ending will obviously lead into Black Ops IV.

One other thing I want to add, since I feel this is the most relevant thread for it. Ive just completed D.E. Main Quest, so of course I was fascinated when it first happened.

I began looking at the Moon for the most part & I couldn't help but notice, is it just me or does there seem to be an "Apothicon Symbol" in the dead center formed from the debris?!?!

IMAG1846_1.thumb.jpg.a7b63b9aada49107201

IMAG1846_1-1.thumb.jpg.4a7e1fb85c71ca3a4

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 11:52 AM, Drewxke said:

He did also state that people think once the main EE is over thats all there is, when apparently there's more to do after the cutscenes so he's teasin us with that as well.   

Most lobbies, one cannot get past round 15. Forget doing EEs unless you have a crew. 

The EE is the only thing in SoE that i need to finish. I assume that will never happen. 

I'm torn, on one end, i do like SoE. But,  to be honest,  treyarch really sucked the life out of the entire community with all of this ass-backwardsness. They really need to get their shit together. They are so unprofessional for a company making AAA titles.

On 1-4-2016 at 6:06 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

"The Apothicon Servant can't be upgraded... in Shadows of Evil". 

On 3-4-2016 at 6:00 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

In my opinion, the Summoning Key will act in a similar fashion to the "Nav Card Tables". Once the DLC season is finished, we will take the now "Fully Charged Summoning Key" back to Shadows.

What did the Navcards eventually do? 

Also, screw Keeper and Apothicion language. If I wanted to play Dungeons and Dragons or learn Klingon, I would. 
I'm fine with shooting zombies, filling chests and using a new weapon in a super obvious place. 

On 4/19/2016 at 4:04 AM, Koslans said:

What did the Navcards eventually do? 

Also, screw Keeper and Apothicion language. If I wanted to play Dungeons and Dragons or learn Klingon, I would. 
I'm fine with shooting zombies, filling chests and using a new weapon in a super obvious place. 

During Black Ops II starting with Trans(h)it, you had to choose who you were going to obey, Richtofen (Blue) or Maxxis (Red).

_____

In each of the 3 Main Maps you had to find a NavCard, build a NavCard table, & complete the Main Quest. 

Once Buried was completed people noticed this "Mysterious Box" that had a big ass Button in the Center. There were 4 Rows of 3 Lights.

If you and your 3 Teammates had all 12 Lights the same Color, you could press the Button and you would receive an End-Game of sorts.

_________

Richtofens' Reward was all the perks, including Mule Kick 2.0 which allowed yout to ccarry 4 Weapons. He also granted you a permanent Fire Sale. 

Thats all he wanted was to have these pawns he could play with forever. He also possesses Samuel so he can have fun killing the Zombies himself. (I believe most of this is correct).

Now onto Maxxis' (the real sinister Mother-F****r).

Maxxis wanted control of the Aether. Once you press that button for his side, you immediately know you F****d up. The screen turns an almost Blood red color amd shakes violently. Even his voice changes.

He also condems Richtofen to Buried along with Misty, Marlton, Russman, Stulinger. Every now and then you would see  a Blue Eye Zombie in the mix of Yellow Eyes. You can even hear Richtofen talking. 

_________

I'm not sure alot of people explored much of the map while it was in this state, but it definitely seemed like a good place for more.

The reason the map was called "Buried", it didn't matter whos' side you chose the Tranzit crew was not leaving that map. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Interesting stuff.

I have 2 small things to say: 

1. From the character quotes in DE and Giant, i get the feeling that the o4 are heading to a fight with the Apothicons, where we will see the Arbgwaoth. "(Fore)Shadow(ing)s of Evil (to come)" is what the name SoE may really mean. 

2. The Icarus only flies over the map once a player enters Junction. I swear that i hear voices from it if i run up the Canal steps as it passes over. Maybe it is meant to be triggered by someone entering Junction and someone else (or a few people) has (have) to be in the right place(s). Grapple up by SU, grapple plane...i doubt that, but I'm feeling feverish. 

For now i'm sure the grapple at su and the grapple at the trainstation is for avoiding the margwas in the endgame - if you are in junction you can jump down under the worm and just chill till you need to get a white orb - same at the other places where you can hide - e.g. the places of the items 

So you can wait till everybody is ready 

Never heard these voices but will see if i play soe again

• Like 1

Both times that i heard something,  i ran up the VMP steps in Canal and could see Icarus (that's the MOTD plane, to those not aware). It seemed that the sound came from there (I have 28.5 days of bo3 playtime in, so this was new to me as far as i could tell).

Icarus flies over part of Footlight (i think?), Junction, and the first half of Canal. It heads where the tram line leaves the map from the Canal Station. Maybe listen at different points?

-----

(Canal is a Station, a waypoint along the line, though we can't ride it out of the map. Footlight and Waterfront are Terminals, at a terminus of the line. Just some Train nomenclature).