T-Virus Thread

Did you turn the voice volume down? (It's required that i ask. Ha).

I'm getting some real bizarre effects since these last patches. 360.

Several times when opening the Anvil from the Jade Trading beast pedestal, i reappear up in the air. I've died it from it once (death barrier?), one time i couldn't move for several seconds. The Margwas are now way off synchronization, and the sword rarely works on them at all anymore. And i swear that the shield breaks real easy now. A giant invisible block was added in the middle of one of the paths in the Subway which stops you in your tracks. I now stick to the wall in footlight as i back into it (corner between beast pedestal and trap). And the margwas teleport very badly: like appearing, then teleporting 1 foot again, appearing in wrong spots. They randomly slam the ground when nowhere near a player. More...

---------------

As for t-virus thoughts: i notice that i get AS player greets now, which used to only happen rarely (like twice in 3 months). I think that the reborn sword must be complete for me to get the quote. Maybe I can sword-headshot 10 zombies after the quote for ?

• Like 1

The Scarab beetle which represents the red Apothicon Servant portal power up in DOA2, is also a statue in the multiplayer map Breach. I have some better close ups of the hieroglyphics ( a few look like hieroglyphics, but there were many symbols I couldn't find) so if anyone can help to translate them, I would be interested in finding out what they say, if anything.

• Like 1

tHe mIssiNg ciTy ..... H I N T

Cant believe i just noticed this... Footlight marquee next to The Wool Club,

i had long known of some others (blinking letters in signs), Ruby rAbbiT (rat), but this actually SAYS hint, and look at the corresponding poster for " The Missing City " ... shadow sillouette city wrapped in shadow tentacles... so what we sposed to do? noire?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Jami San said:

tHe mIssiNg ciTy ..... H I N T

Cant believe i just noticed this... Footlight marquee next to The Wool Club,

i had long known of some others (blinking letters in signs), Ruby rAbbiT (rat), but this actually SAYS hint, and look at the corresponding poster for " The Missing City " ... shadow sillouette city wrapped in shadow tentacles... so what we sposed to do? noire?

Yeah, cool hint.

1. I figure that it refers to Morg city, being 'shifted slightly, wrenched from it's proper location'.

2. Downtown is shown on at least one in-game map. It's blocked off at Footlight by a fallen marquis.

Fallen light post in canal, by devil o cart. Fallen light post in waterfront by Jade trading. Fallen marquis in Footlight...

--------------

While playing yesterday, when i went downed in canal by RR workbench, i headed into the water to get to the rift. While in the water, i was clearly emitting red light that was reflecting in the water.

Is that an effect of the red spider drops, or just some random glitch? Any takers on 'visual oddity #471'?

I've thought for a while now, based on the amount of time/objectives completed, the more you would eventually unlock.

For instance, when I first started playing SoE, I had that crazy screen vibration effect once, out of all he times I played. Another one would be the light flare on the Devil-0-Doughnut Carts, saw it once or twice, & never again.

So I'm not sure wwhat exactly it all means, but if now people 're experiencing the Shadow Man no longer saying what the Ritual areas are, this could very well be a possibility.                                                                                   

On 2/27/2016 at 7:14 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

I've thought for a while now, based on the amount of time/objectives completed, the more you would eventually unlock.

For instance, when I first started playing SoE, I had that crazy screen vibration effect once, out of all he times I played. Another one would be the light flare on the Devil-0-Doughnut Carts, saw it once or twice, & never again.

So I'm not sure wwhat exactly it all means, but if now people 're experiencing the Shadow Man no longer saying what the Ritual areas are, this could very well be a possibility.                                                                                   

I get the screen effect once in a while. I've completely avoided it by staying in the pap area while the shadowman shakes the screen. If i jump or teleport as it ends, it doesn't end.

I get the trip mine upgrade effects every game. You just have to move away and watch to see it. Either carts.

I have not gotten the 'no ritual quotes' glitch.

• Moderators

I played this map split screen with some friends and something strange happened.

I was doing the ritual at the docks (it was the 3th or 2th ritual), together with someone else, the two others were outside.

The one with which I did the ritual was down, and I was running trains to get away of the keepers.

Suddenly, a symbol came on my screen, for a very short time (0,5-1 second).

It was the symbol with the 3 arrows aiming right.

Did this happened to someone else once?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

I played this map split screen with some friends and something strange happened.

I was doing the ritual at the docks (it was the 3th or 2th ritual), together with someone else, the two others were outside.

The one with which I did the ritual was down, and I was running trains to get away of the keepers.

Suddenly, a symbol came on my screen, for a very short time (0,5-1 second).

It was the symbol with the 3 arrows aiming right.

Did this happened to someone else once?

Nope that's weird.

We really need to figure out what those symbols mean, until then we're not going to know exactly what it is were supposed to be doing.

45 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Yeah its weird. Im gonna try it an other day (since I dont have bo3) with some friends. If it happens again, I make a video or picture of it

Good deal.

I got to thinking about it though, after I replied. What if while the Ritual is activated we have to sacrifice ourselves in Co-Op or Self on Solo. 

This would definitely make the Civil Protector, make a lot more sense, especially his ability to revive you.

_________

Also are we 100% positive the way to Upgrade the Civil Protector is actually completing the Main Quest. I just find it odd you can only do that on 4 player Co-Op.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, 83457 said:

Maybe call him in at each location, like the achievement?

And finish off the SM?

Just guessing...

Possibly yea. Should you call him in all 4 Districts first though. It's just weird because I know I've seen people complete the Main Quest but the Civil Protector in that game wasn't "Gold/Upgraded".

Seriously, seems like something that would happen once you've completed the "Apothicon Servant" Quest & used him to retrieve the "Cocoon".

_________

In regards to the Civil Protectors Call-Box. Does it currently read;

Hold (X) to Summon Civil Protector...

or

Hold (X) to Call Civil Protector...

While standing in front of it?!?!

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Good deal.

I got to thinking about it though, after I replied. What if while the Ritual is activated we have to sacrifice ourselves in Co-Op or Self on Solo. 

This would definitely make the Civil Protector, make a lot more sense, especially his ability to revive you.

_________

Also are we 100% positive the way to Upgrade the Civil Protector is actually completing the Main Quest. I just find it odd you can only do that on 4 player Co-Op.

Yeah - but the ritual Ends when you go down (with quick revive)- I must confess that I dont walked into the ritual room with the Civil Protector but if you even use the gg in plain sight the ritual Ends

Ragdoll, 360 currently says 'summon'. I checked after the last time that you posted, but forgot to post it. 

I'm pretty sure that i went down during a solo ritual and it ended, unlike mp games. I had to restart it. It may have changed in the past months though... Or i may be misremembering as it's been a while.

Edited by 83457
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, 83457 said:

Ragdoll, 360 currently says 'summon'. I checked after the last time that you posted, but forgot to post it. 

I'm pretty sure that i went down during a solo ritual and it ended, unlike mp games. I had to restart it. It may have changed in the past months though... Or i may be misremembering as it's been a while.

Yea that's what it says on the Original Build of the game.

Yea, I'm aware the Rituals end if you go down on Solo, but what if you "Summon" the Civil Protector, wait for him to enter the Ritual Room, activate it, then sacrifice yourself.

Would this still end it, or would it continue as if there's more than one player. Makes sense kind of, the reason we have this "Robot" that can revive us on Solo.

I don't have the answer to that.

That's one ish with the t-virus thoughts as well as checking to see if bad stuff has been fixed: sometimes you don't want to get that far just to die in an experiment.

Example: Did one of the last two patches for 360 address the death barrier glitches in Footlight? I'd love to check it out, but if the death is waiting for me, then it's game over. Wasted time.

That stuff is basically what i did for 3 months, trying to find the arbgwaoth. Now I'm just playing for fun, but of course the game keeps handing me myriad auditory and visual glitches that make me go, "oh what's that mean?". 

It means cod is always a glitch fest. ;)

@83457

_________

Yea, it's pretty damn Shitty honestly. Spend 3 Months, day in & day out, searching for something they F****d up. Only to finally have it "Fixed" therefore making all the stupid shit we did, become irrelevant. Better off to have been pissing in the wind.

Nonetheless, I really feel like it starts with the "Noire Mode" Filter, as that is the only Side Quest/Easter Egg we know how to begin. Yet we've somehow never been able to find how to trigger the "End".

• Like 1

A little off topic, In Canals if you go up past the Lady's Secrets where the Perk machine is and open the gate that leads to the tram, directly in front of the opened gate on the bridge bottom left there is now a "brown paper bag" very noticeable if almost "illuminated" just sitting there. Im certain it wasn't there before but it's the fact that it stands out very much so. If anyone takes a look at it I'm rather certain you'll see it and think the same thing, that this bag might be interact-able. I messed with it but nothing. Sound off and let me know your take.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/45cs0x/anybody_noticed_anything_new_in_shadows_of_evil/

Edited by Drewxke

Why would they add paper bags and scatter them? Is this what was missing or "fixed" to complete the EE? Was there anything else "NEW" in the map since the update?

Maybe we can consume or zap the bags once transformed into the beast. I was thinking it was probably similiar to Der Eis. where you fill up those urns. 

Edited by Drewxke

I can't fathom most of Trollarch's 'reasoning', as i can't derp that low.

However, the bag under footlight's tram steps is way old news. If they added some, i don't know what to say.

Maybe 'feed [this servant] zornarkoth' means 'feed [this] mickey dees'. :)

• Like 1
  • Moderators
45 minutes ago, Drewxke said:

Why would they add paper bags and scatter them? Is this what was missing or "fixed" to complete the EE? Was there anything else "NEW" in the map since the update?

Maybe we can consume or zap the bags once transformed into the beast. I was thinking it was probably similiar to Der Eis. where you fill up those urns. 

Just like in Kino.

There were also paper bags there which (probably) didnt do anything.

Maybe Treyarch saw us trying to do anything with those things to find an EE, and learned from it: "If they did it then, then will do it now too, with a result this time."

If your talking about the Brown Paper Bag, on the Bridge in Canal leading towards the Tram & Dead Reporter.

If it's the same one, bottom left, 3 Railings down, sitting on the ground directly in front of that 3rd Railing. This has always been there.

Sorry to be the bearer of Bad News, but I just now checked, as I currently play on the Original build the game was shipped with.

_________

On another note I had a thought, and completely F*****g forgot. When I remember I'll be back!

Ragdo,

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciate your feedback for sure. If it was always there they must of changed the contrast on the bag or changed something on it because it was never as noticeable as it is now. Ive ran that map countless times as well and only after the current update was it blatantly noticeable. It just pops out and others from Reddit agree as some players over there also believed it was just added. I will try to take a snapshot of it tonight and maybe you can compare it with the bag on the original build.  

Tanks!

1 hour ago, Drewxke said:

Ragdo,

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciate your feedback for sure. If it was always there they must of changed the contrast on the bag or changed something on it because it was never as noticeable as it is now. Ive ran that map countless times as well and only after the current update was it blatantly noticeable. It just pops out and others from Reddit agree as some players over there also believed it was just added. I will try to take a snapshot of it tonight and maybe you can compare it with the bag on the original build.  

Tanks!

I've got that with the knocked over lamp post, canals, behind the devil-o cart, out of map. I swear that lamp post just appeared in early February on 360. Ether it's always been there and I'm mad (quite believable), or it is part of the Arbgwaoth quest.