T-Virus Thread

Haha, The Virus is Really, Really, Real people!

Seriously though, I'm convinced that door at the far end of the Canal District, directly across from "Rubys Rabbit" can somehow be destroyed, opened. The Harsha Hotel or some shit like that. 

I know that Coffee Shop you speak of @DrVonstool the one located on the side path of Canal District. Looks to obvious. I'm also convinced that the "Debris" in the "Ladys Secret Room" with the Lions & there open Mouths. Can be destroyed/opened to access that fucking door across the Bridge that just seems way to obvious.

Furthermore if you look at the Tram Map, this very location is represented by a Black Dot, a fucking Black Dot. Why please do tell me. Is this the area we need to use the "Goddard Apparatus" on, I'm still convinced there's more to that P.o.S. than going through the trouble of "Bowling a Perfect Game" only to have to do it all over once the shield is broken.

Why do I keep getting these canisters all the damn time, even if I've never boosted with the shield, not once the entire game. Yet I'm still receiving these Nitrous Tanks, like I'm stuck in a Fast & Furious Movie.

You want some Mind-Fuckery because I'm about to give you a full dose of it. Here in the last day or two, opening "Purple Pods" empty, poof "Magic Book" purple glitter glow everywhere. What the fuck kind of sick shit is this Treyarch. Ohh yea, I almost forgot the most important thing. The Beast symbol for "Smashing" shit, on PODs now. Yup I said it, why do I see these symbols on the fucking PODs now?!?!?

• Like 1

Worm placement theory order, tested on 360.

Okay, we discussed worm placement and there was some disagreement.

Well, I've been watching and i have this sussed out on 360:

Whatever character i play solo, if I grab all of the worms at once and place them, my current character's worm will always be placed at the first pedestal on the right, regardless of which order that i set then down.

If I'm Jackie Vincent, the worms match the order of characters in inventory like this: (skip to*).

[Inventory: hit back (<) button, view inventory, Jackie's piece will be first, Floyd's will be last.]

In PaP area: standing at the Trap, the first 2 pedestals will be described as 'altar left' and 'altar right'. The farther 2 will be called 'pap left' and 'pap right'.

*So, playing Jackie, his worm placement, seen from Trap, in order is: altar right, pap right, pap left, altar left. So that the Badge is set first, the Belt is set last.

If you have a different character, theirs will start altar right as well, but the order will be skewed.

I will figure the correct order out for the others. I think that it just swaps your character's and Jackie's worm, but i want to test that more.

I don't know if this matters, but there is a set order that you can put them down.

Edit: if it doesn't matter, then why would 1 of the first 2 worms switch position, depending on solo character so that you could always put your character's worm down first?

4 player: If it does matter, then each character should grab their own worm and place it at the corresponding pedestal.

-----------

Somebody here posted that it is always your character's worm, then the worms drop in order, based on inventory order, no matter what pedestal you go to.

This is definitely not correct, at least on 360, but I'm fairly certain others here disagreed, and presumably most are on xbone.

------

So, keep this in your fevered mind. Happy hunting.

Edited by 83457
  • Like 1

Well, this is the direct problem to having a different company make the port for old gen. Everything is different and completely fucked. Leaving me to believe that both consoles have things to keep them separate. I believe this because of the lack of campaign, increase in achievements, and a large change in how things look. To me, the differences in the consoles will rely heavily on the design of the map and possibly the amount of eggs that could be stuffed in. So, considering that and the idea that this map must make an appearance on both generations leaves me to conclude that the only reason there is no more left or not enough in SoE is because of the limitations of previous consoles. Meaning they couldn't fit the Servant upgrade or much of anything else so that both consoles would feel equal in what the game gave to the audience as well as making the player feel as if there aren't any sides being taken. Obviously, they chose to side with next gen but don't tell old gen that...

In short, the Servant upgrade might be hotfixed by the end of the season for Next Gen only OR it will be hotfixed across the board OR we can be patient and wait for the next DLC which is exclusive to next gen, right? I hope because I didn't play the entirety of Exo-Zombies waiting for maps to concede quality for old gen performance. This is either the virus talking or the hope that slowly dies inside of my soul.

13 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

Well, this is the direct problem to having a different company make the port for old gen. Everything is different and completely fucked. Leaving me to believe that both consoles have things to keep them separate. I believe this because of the lack of campaign, increase in achievements, and a large change in how things look. To me, the differences in the consoles will rely heavily on the design of the map and possibly the amount of eggs that could be stuffed in. So, considering that and the idea that this map must make an appearance on both generations leaves me to conclude that the only reason there is no more left or not enough in SoE is because of the limitations of previous consoles. Meaning they couldn't fit the Servant upgrade or much of anything else so that both consoles would feel equal in what the game gave to the audience as well as making the player feel as if there aren't any sides being taken. Obviously, they chose to side with next gen but don't tell old gen that...

In short, the Servant upgrade might be hotfixed by the end of the season for Next Gen only OR it will be hotfixed across the board OR we can be patient and wait for the next DLC which is exclusive to next gen, right? I hope because I didn't play the entirety of Exo-Zombies waiting for maps to concede quality for old gen performance. This is either the virus talking or the hope that slowly dies inside of my soul.

That is definitely not true. Last gen was created AFTER the game was finally done. They did not make it to adhere to last gen in the slightest and in fact made it ignoring last gen existed. Everything else you said though was right. The reasoning to the servant upgrade won't be that. I cannot ever imagine it being too strenuous on consoles.

Agreed: We (360) had the AS Arbgwaoth and it worked fine. I can't see the steps to get it overwhelming the game. Shrug.

------------------------

Next viral topic: Keepers as a resource, rehashed.

This actually touches on what the Doc said, because, of all of the things to fix in this game, they fixed (on xbone only, so far) transmogrifying the keepers unless they are transmogrified by the Ritual.

Why in the world would that be important? There were/are certainly more (seemingly) important issues than whether or not getting too far away would transmogrify them. That seems so trivial as to not even be worth fixing... Yet they did, so why?

----------

So, each Ritual piece generates 2 keepers. You can run them to a Ritual and transmogrify them.

Then, Subway gives you 4 more Keepers. Well, maybe we need to avoid opening Subway until the PaP area can be opened, after the first 4 Rituals. Then drag the 4 Keepers in to be transmogrified, or at least so they are there during the final Ritual.

After we put the worms in the right order of course.

(Lays down in fevered sweat, barfs).

Well regardless of any limitations or not, I can 100% confirm everything that @83457 just stated. I play on Xbone btw. For some reason the game is coded in a specific manner for the fucking"Gateworms". 

You always place the Belt down First, followed by your current characters then the other 2. That's when your carrying all 4 at once. However you can in fact do all 4 Rituals without ever picking up a single "Gateworm". I've also stated in the past if they were nothing, why give them a fucking "Heartbeat", seriously why?!?!

Here's actual proof that you do in fact place down the "Belt" first, while holding all 4 of them. The second worm you place is always your corresponding characters. The final thing I'm going to speak of concerning the Gateworms is as follows, simply because I've already driven myself crazy over them one time before....

"A place for EVERYTHING & EVERYTHING in its place, EVEN WORMS!

IMAG1614_1.thumb.jpg.e78809e502f3d83e285

With all that being said, I am curious. Have anyone of you ever noticed the little "Cricket Chirp" noise you always tend to get in the exact same locations every time. I mean the exact same locations every time you hear it. There are different areas within each District of the map, but there always the same. It almost sounds like you've stepped on something, or were supposed to be looking at something. It's very weird indeed.

Finally there is this thing, which is also connected to some other thing, that apparently we haven't figured out yet.

894c9299267381b093a173548a98bbec-5.thumb

• Like 1
On 1/12/2016 at 2:35 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

Well regardless of any limitations or not, I can 100% confirm everything that @83457 just stated. I play on Xbone btw. For some reason the game is coded in a specific manner for the fucking"Gateworms". 

You always place the Belt down First, followed by your current characters then the other 2. That's when your carrying all 4 at once. However you can in fact do all 4 Rituals without ever picking up a single "Gateworm". I've also stated in the past if they were nothing, why give them a fucking "Heartbeat", seriously why?!?!

Here's actual proof that you do in fact place down the "Belt" first, while holding all 4 of them. The second worm you place is always your corresponding characters. The final thing I'm going to speak of concerning the Gateworms is as follows, simply because I've already driven myself crazy over them one time before....

"A place for EVERYTHING & EVERYTHING in its place, EVEN WORMS!

IMAG1614_1.thumb.jpg.e78809e502f3d83e285

With all that being said, I am curious. Have anyone of you ever noticed the little "Cricket Chirp" noise you always tend to get in the exact same locations every time. I mean the exact same locations every time you hear it. There are different areas within each District of the map, but there always the same. It almost sounds like you've stepped on something, or were supposed to be looking at something. It's very weird indeed.

Finally there is this thing, which is also connected to some other thing, that apparently we haven't figured out yet.

894c9299267381b093a173548a98bbec-5.thumb

Edit: Parts in [+] brackets are not correct. Something changes the order of worm placement. Not sure what yet.

>>>[Yes, if you start at "altar left" it will be the belt. Characters appear to say different stuff if you start with your character and put them in the "correct" order, starting at "altar right".

-----

On picture: notice the key points to the worm that would be "altar right" or your current solo character's worm (bottom right worm).]<<<

------

Cricket sound? Maybe it's the parasite, not to be confused with the wasps. (Runs away, hides).

------

(Builds mashed potato mound, buries face in mound, extracts face) "this means something". -dated satire reference.

Edited by 83457
Worm, not key.
3 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457 One thing that I can say for 100% certainty, if I grab the Badge from the Canal District, go straight into the Rift for the first time, gather all 6 Keepers, every time I do this, I always get a Power-Up Drop. 

The thing is why, I don't ever remember any other time where the Keepers would leave me a Drop.

I keep getting several drops (power ups) at each red circle when i first use AS at them. I've gotten max ammo at all 4 by going from one to the next.

I can't nail anything down as the exact trigger/timing, but keep your eyes on those circles, there is something else there.

---------

Weird forum glitch: I looked at the message that said you responded, i hit it to take me here. It failed, so i backed out of the message area, and it now says that i have -1 messages.

That's nonpossible!

28 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Where is the location of that bumpmap thing? Does it actually exist in map? Even so, I think its just to show the Gateworms are the key to unlocking PaP.

Shhhhh! Let us rejoice in our T-Virus lead thoughts.

@83457

It does almost sound like a "Parasite" or it's a noise closely resembling that of which the Parasites make. However when I have this occur, normally it's very early in-game. I can also assure you there are 0 "Parasites", "Wasps", "Elementals", or even the "Long-Winded" goofball, present anywhere at all on the map.

As I'll be running around, at the end of a round. Doing random shit with one runner left. I almost always hear it upon entering the City section to the Footlight District, when I'm going under the bridge and about to make contact with the pavement. I also hear it underneath the Tram Station in Footlight. 

Keep your Eyes & Ears open, mess with your volume settings. Turn up the Sfx & Voice while leaving the Music & Cinematics off.

• Like 1

One question you must ask yourself when considering a T-Virus thought is to confirm whether or not what you are thinking about matters. Does it really matter where or which worm goes in what holding area? Does it really matter if the Servant can be upgraded? Does it really matter if what I say is true or false? The T-Virus doesn't think so. The T-Virus believes you are all correct. There's more in every map prior to SoE. Including the WaW maps. Trust me, go on Nacht WaW edition and go outside the map in order to discover a wall-buy for the trench gun... You might be surprised when you find nothing but just wait for that hotfix... It's coming.

Yeah. I hope the real DF digs after any major update.

But the fact that part of the supposed cocoon step was removed could just mean that they shortcutted to a different idea. Maybe upgrading the pap instead, and so took out the cocoon/pod/master pod idea as it was too much busywork for all players, just for one to have the upgraded gun.

And of course i realize the search may be fruitless. 

--------

You can mount the zombie verrückt fountain in the courtyard, like it is a mounted gun, and fire it. If you can get out there.

I can't believe that the capitol letters easter egg was just found in the waw bios. I noticed that immediately back in the day. Little did i know that it was still a secret to most. Ha.

19 hours ago, 83457 said:

I can't believe that the capitol letters easter egg was just found in the waw bios. I noticed that immediately back in the day. Little did i know that it was still a secret to most. Ha.

People keep saying that XD, it shows how quick we are to dismiss stuff in the community.

1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

People keep saying that XD, it shows how quick we are to dismiss stuff in the community.

Yeah. By the time i became a forum dweller, i never thought to mention it. The internet always seems to be one step ahead, so i figured that if i knew it, it was common knowledge. :)

----------------

More on Devil-O mystery lights:

I couldn't see from Waterfront red circle after the upgrade, and at Footlight i barely got out of that corner alive, heading back to junction was my only avenue of escape.

However, both Junction and Canal Devil-O carts gave me the blue box light with distorted lightning when i did the upgrade and then went to near the red circle.

It's possible that the red circle isn't necessary, that it is just a delayed effect that coincidentally happens as i get a little farther away, but it seems linked to being near the red circle.

More testing needed, but i clearly got it at 2 locations right after each other.

Both done before round 6.

Again the ?box lightning was stunted up close. From across the map, the lightning reached the sky like normal until you got near the ?box.

New sound: using the AS, doing the Footlight hairpiece ritual, i was trying to suck up as many as i could by the Altar and i got a loud sound, similar to the Devil-O Trip Mine upgrade, but a little different.

I was trying to get each ritual piece's keepers into each ritual and the pap keepers in the pap ritual and kill them en masse.

Sadly, i forgot to open the Black Lace and lost a couple keepers as i beasted it open, after already grabbing the hairpiece.

---

Remember, the Footlight altar has the purple J-like symbols on it in 360 land.

There was no reason for this odd noise that i could see, but it was loud, obvious and sounded like a 'completion' sound. I only used the AS during the ritual.

I looked around, but did not see any changes, but this seems important.

-----------

Also, on Worm Theory: i was Jackie V again, i did the rituals in the inventory order (canal, footlight, Nero's, waterfront) again, but this time, the worms were pulled from inventory in a completely different manner as i set then in 'the sacred place'.

As usual, i started with altar-right front worm, but it took Floyd's worm, instead of Jackie's worm.

So my character was the same, the order of rituals was the same, but the worms were taken from inventory in a different order.

I have an idea...

Edited by 83457
Worm
On 1/2/2016 at 0:06 PM, mmm chocolate said:

ok thanks, I haven't read much about them yet, does anyone know when they appear in the game first? 

2nd question: do you guys just start a game and do everything possible, and then look for EE steps or cocoons, etc?...i always exhaust every thing else before looking, usually around round 25. that way, if there is a step that needs to be done first, it will most likely be done at that point., everything but killing the shadow man (solo), still haven't done that every game. do you guys kill him each time before looking more?

Q1: The cocoon step is the step that is either locked out of the game, or unresolved in how to spawn it. Images of it have been force-spawned through memory editing only (modding).

Q2: Personally, i attack it scientifically. I set my mind beforehand to certain tasks or theories, then try to devote my energy to looking into every possible aspect of that theory. Often to the detriment of long games.

Theoretically, the code shows that the AS upgrade process, like the other upgrades, exists independently from the Main Quest. Therefore, i do not kill the shadowman usually while searching. But, that will also be attacked using the scientific method eventually.

-----

Example: last night was a "keeper" theme; i tried feeding keepers to the AS at the Altars, and the Subway keepers to the pap Altar. So, no subway/swords until the AS was built.

I was also keeping in mind the purple JU symbol on the Black Lace altar (and received a new 'completion' sound that i have never heard): trying something different in each game by that Altar.

One game soon, I'll glitch for the eternal sword, just to see what the head counter does if it hits zero.

So, I'll have one or more ideas that i can work on during any given game. I then play several games for all possible variables, then move on to another idea, or set of ideas that i can combine in one game.

@83457@mmm chocolate

Yea I kind of do the same thing, basically. I like to either complete all 4 Rituals, while not opening the Sword Chamber at all. As well as I like to get the "Apothicon Egg" fill it completely, put it back in the Altar, but not touch the Sword. This is all while not completing a single Ritual. I also like to run games where I don't touch either one until once the "Apothicon Servant" has been built. Of coarse all the games I mentioned, I like to have said objective completed, before building the "Apothicon Servant" to begin with.

____

So you want to hear something else "Weird". Remember how I mentioned, I have no longer been seeing the Devil-O lights. Well yesterday (technically the day before) I had to uninstall the game from my HD and reinstall it. This resulted in me going from build version 33.0.0.0 back to build version 8.0.0.0

Well I began playing once again on the "Original" version The game shipped with. I can no longer play The Giant until once I do an update, to load the game into the memory (which sucks). So wouldn't you know, as soon as I buy Trip-Mines the first game and begin upgrading them.

Starting out in the Junction, I turn around and look up, and there it is. The big stream of "Yellow" light, just like the Mystery Box, and inside of it is 3 bolts of "Lightning". I shit you not.

Furthermore, I'm not aware how it is on the most recent patch, but I know on Version 33.0.0.0 the rain had disappeared from my screen. I could no longer see it, but I could still hear "Thunder" as well as see "Lightning" in a distance. Now all of a sudden the damn rain is back, which I cannot stand by the way.

Lastly, I'm going to update my post & tag you there, as I feel were the only 2 still actively searching, or possibly even cares anymore at this point. I will say I still firmly believe, it's in he game not going to be added, as I've gotten the quote that was supposedly added just recently, a handful of times now. 

• Like 1

Yeah, i feel there is something yet to be found. We still have the head counter.

How can nobody get the head counter to zero? I either forget by the time i get the reborn sword, or i die before it gets made.

I think that's today's goal. If i have time, I'll glitch that stupid sword if i have to. 

1 hour ago, 83457 said:

That grapple spot, and the one above the workbench in Footlight, are enigmas. No known purpose for either.

The only purpose i know is If u Fall down as beast in the canal u can go up again... 

Edit: but why should treyarch do such a thing? U need to do something down there and must go up after... in beast mode

Edited by Nieno69