T-Virus Thread

22 hours ago, 83457 said:

Do they give more than one upgrade cue per game?

To my lack-of-knowledge, there is only one of each quote played. I got the calm and gentle quote upon grabbing the Servant and then the thing started yelling "Zarnash!" at me. To be Frank Reynolds, though, I couldn't quite hear the second quote clearly. A lot of shit was happening on-screen, so my eyes were more focused than my ears.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DrVonstool said:

To my lack-of-knowledge, there is only one of each quote played. I got the calm and gentle quote upon grabbing the Servant and then the thing started yelling "Zarnash!" at me. To be Frank Reynolds, though, I couldn't quite hear the second quote clearly. A lot of shit was happening on-screen, so my eyes were more focused than my ears.

I am considering the possibility, if upgrading exists currently, that the gun only says the very next clue that you need.

If there is truth to this, we would need to get the gun after we've done whatever triggers (most of) the cues, then we should get the last cue or the 'upgrade complete' cue. Then it would be done, or be able to be PaP'd.

Upgrade complete may not change the gun, it may change the PaP to accept it.

Shrug. There must be a way, or they're fixing it to return when able. It can't be unupgradeable, i hate Trollarch too much to hate them more, it's a psychological impossibility.

---

Treyarch, please don't shit the bed once again. You've been in the business too long to act this novice, and yet, here you are. Aren't you guys tired of the shame? Think of your families; do you really want them to have to wear bags on their heads in public?

Sigh. Happy gaming?

• Like 1

Of course, happy gaming! The game is splendid to say the least and is a great start to a possibly enlightening season! Just because one weapon is non-upgradable doesn't mean the whole map is fucked. Look at Die Rise, the one buildable was unable to be upgraded. Stupid. But the weapon was reasonably strong and given the right user could extend various amounts of rounds. Same for the Servant. Run Shadows of Evil with the Reborn Sword, Civil Protector, Servant, and Quick Revive and you will never die. I made it to 41 the other day just by running aimlessly and activating the Civil Protector and by legitimately using and enjoying the Reborn Sword. Honestly, this map is the most OP map considering the tools they give you to survive are completely on your side 100% of the time. Except the Reborn Sword in online play when you run through a portal. That's when you're fucked. Anyways, it's all going to be okay, Mr. Numbers! We will have our cake and eat it too. We will also have our weapon and use it too. Maybe during an eclipse, Treyarch will add in a patch that gives everyone upgraded handjobs- I mean, the servant. They will give everyone the upgraded servant.

• Like 1

Hj? Maybe, considering that we are already fisting a squid. Shadows of Bestiality. 

---

Anyway, here is an odd little t-virus inducing thing:

Yesterday, playing as Jessica, i noticed this weird purple J with a mirror-image J next to it, on the Black Lace Altar. It was there for most of the game, through different steps, but i didn't see when it occurred. It was only her Altar, no other.

So today, I played as Nero and there was no JJ thing on his Altar, but when i put the Hairpiece on Jessica's Altar, it appeared.

Her symbol has a name: Envy. Nobody else's does yet. A clue? If so, then why did it appear only once the Altar contracted Hairpiece? 

Does it go away after the lil Arnie upgrade? That seems odd that the hairpiece would be needed first as i don't think that you have to do the rituals first for the Arnie upgrade.

Is 'J-reverse J' seen anywhere else?

It's purple and vaguely points towards the window at the rear of the stage. Guess I'm gonna suck some zombies into there, en masse. Maybe get everything purple-graded and kill in and around Altar and/or window.

It's official, Mr. Numbers! According to some PC Super Nurds, the way the code is designed for the Upgrading of the weapon makes it impossible! At least we can stop trying officially now. I heard people stopping just because they hadn't found anything but now we've found something that legitimately says, "Fuck you, you can't continue." As for the J, you just need to remember that the creators of this game look up to me and my Newspaper stand. Seen that news stand outside the Burlesque? That's MY news stand and they made it clear that I own that stand. I don't know, I've never seen any letters in the Ritual sites. If there were symbols found than maybe that would make sense but a "J" with a mirrored "J"? What a queer occurrence.

• Like 1

One thing I've never been able to put my fist in, I mean wrap my finger around. There's this very weird thing, that occurs in the Footlight District. Once you've opened the Rift Door, when you go to activate it (on the Xbone & I assume PS4 & PC as well). 

There's this Magical F*****G lightbulb, that upon activating the Rift, decides to have a mind of its own & just cut on, & get bright as shyt. It's also connected to a board that has these 3 metal rods connected to it.

____

Another thing I don't get, is the Trashcans which there seem to be an abundance of. The lids not being able to make up their mind wether or not they want to be on or off. I remember quite clearly in the reveal trailer when they showed "The Beast", the trashcan lid disappears. Why is that, what must we go dumpster diving to find, I really don't mind. A Dead Margwa Heart perhaps.

____

Why is it when I throw a Widows Wine Grenade at an Elemental, it decides to fly 100ft in the air, allowing me to go Skeet shooting.

Why do they also, randomly decide to attack the "Keepers" and kill them.

Speaking of which, how come from time to time. A random ass Parasite decides to shoot it's load of "Glowing Green Goo" and kill my last F*****G Zombitch. I won't done with her yet.

____

@DrVonstool I'm going to need to see a link to these "Super Nurds". That is all.......for now!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, 83457 said:

On Footlight bulb: interesting. As the other Rifts, and each workbench, have an oil lamp.

On 360, there is no oil lamp, nor light of any kind, in Footlight Rift.

Mess with the oil lamps after you open that rift...

I'll definitely check here in a few to make sure they exist on Currentv Gen platforms. 

____

I'm curious about these "Purple J" I've heard you mention.

52 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I'm curious about these "Purple J" I've heard you mention.

It's no small visual glitch, it's deliberate. Why her Altar, and why did it trigger when the ritual piece was placed? What character you are doesn't matter.

It may relate to something known, but i didn't see any similar markings yet.

19 hours ago, 83457 said:

It's no small visual glitch, it's deliberate. Why her Altar, and why did it trigger when the ritual piece was placed? What character you are doesn't matter.

It may relate to something known, but i didn't see any similar markings yet.

Ok, so what exactly am I looking for, "Purple Js". Where exactly am I looking for them at, On the sides of the Altar, beside the Altar, to the left or right. Where exactly did you see them at?!?!

5 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Ok, so what exactly am I looking for, "Purple Js". Where exactly am I looking for them at, On the sides of the Altar, beside the Altar, to the left or right. Where exactly did you see them at?!?!

On top of Altar, the JJ symbol is offset toward the window side. It is centered from stage left and right. It's about the relative width of the summoning cube. Dark purple, but clearly visible.

Stand on the window side of the altar, and place the Hairpiece down, then you will immediately see it appear.

It stays through rituals, swords, flag step iirc, i haven't looked beyond that.

---

Also, i just posted a game with no Swords, PaP, or Subway, but the traps began making their sounds.

Edited by 83457
Sounds

@83457 Alright, going to go check that out here shortly. I did see the oil lamp in the Canal District. 

Awesome, had you used any or all of the Traps beforehand?!?! Also I need you to confirm, since I know you play on last gen. Supposedly there's a grate under the bridge in the Canal District, however we have no use for it yet. 

This is extremely important since on Current Gen, I could see them adding a layer of destroyable bricks to cover it. With last gen, that's not going to happen. Where exactly is this grate at and which side facing which direction.

4 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457 Alright, going to go check that out here shortly. I did see the oil lamp in the Canal District. 

Awesome, had you used any or all of the Traps beforehand?!?!

Where exactly is this grate at and which side facing which direction.

Traps? Maybe. I really can't confirm nor deny, but i think that the answer is no. First time that i saw it was a long game and i probably used traps. Then i played a 'survival map' where i only played Junction and the district with Juggernog (Footlight in that game). In that game, i checked it out very early so it is unlikely that i had activated traps for any reason.

---

Virus grate: Ruby Rabbit side of canal. Directly under the footbridge (from 'Peep Show' by CP switch, to the Workbench). Centered, same basic look, size, and distance off of the ground as the Badge grate. It appears empty with detritus.

@83457

That's interesting I normally don't ever hear the "Chains" rattling until after I've opened PaP & eventually used one. Maybe we're not supposed to use them until a certainp point.

Haha, what exactly did you mean by Virus Grate. Forgive me, I've got a few dead brain cells & can often be rather slow at times.

On a side note, I did check out your "Purple J" or what I'm picturing in my mind two Ls making an almost square shape. I did not see this once I placed the Toupee. This is the difference between current & last gen, y'all (no offense at all) just can't handle the coding that goes into current gen. So nothing un-important is implemented into the maps. Seems to me, it's a nod toward the upgraded Lil' Arnies.

On JJ: But if it's Arnie related, why would it appear with the Hairpiece? I don't get the connection. I would think that it would always be there, if it was for Arnie.

Virus grate: i was confused, i thought that you asked where that useless grate was, like it couldn't be seen in next gen. Oops.

Hey team, a poster here named Anubidayz messaged me this little find:

After the egg chamber was open, he looked at it in Beast mode (presumably a different round), and the symbols were in front of the eggs.

He suggested that it may just be a visual glitch, but it wouldn't hurt to look into it. He says that he could zap them to make them go away (presumably like when you get them wrong, or right).

Questions for us: Are they the same symbols as before the chamber is open? If no, then it is definitely something. If yes, most likely it just glitched, but we should check it out.

If they are the same exact symbols in the same order, what happens if we zap them again? Or finish egg, put in chamber, zap before taking sword? And other variables...

Do the Tram symbols change after the egg chamber is open, or after the Reborn sword? As far as I've seen, they do not change, but i can't say that I've looked at them too often after the egg step since the Tram is rather extraneous due to the rifts to subway acting as shortcuts.

Anyway, it was an interesting find, even if just a glitch.

---

Follow up: i haven't got this to happen yet. May be an xbone glitch?

Still trying.

Edited by 83457

@83457 You can't see that grate on Current gen, it's covered by a brick wall. That's why I asked you about it. 

The symbols the O.P. was talking about, that you reposted, I saw about a week ago or so. I've got one more theory, I'm working on that is a little bit out there. At this point I feel as if anything is possible. 

I will say this, I played quite a bit today, and in the game I just finished when I entered the Canal District, after doing Various other things. I kept hearing this odd "Humming" noise. It was peaceful, almost calming. Very weird, I had never heard it before today. Mind you I'm forever messing with the sound settings, I still to this day cannot figure out why the hell, when a Parasites shooting it's load at me I hear, "Coins Rattling".

15 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457 You can't see that grate on Current gen, it's covered by a brick wall. That's why I asked you about it. 

The symbols the O.P. was talking about, that you reposted, I saw about a week ago or so. I've got one more theory, I'm working on that is a little bit out there. At this point I feel as if anything is possible. 

I will say this, I played quite a bit today, and in the game I just finished when I entered the Canal District, after doing Various other things. I kept hearing this odd "Humming" noise. It was peaceful, almost calming. Very weird, I had never heard it before today. Mind you I'm forever messing with the sound settings, I still to this day cannot figure out why the hell, when a Parasites shooting it's load at me I hear, "Coins Rattling".

Yes, the coin rattling. Very strange.

If you hear that humming, check for Cocoons. Since it was in canal, i would check the ritual area for the large flower pods.

--

On JJ Purps and the Black Lace Altar Band: I did Jessica's ritual last, and the purple JJ was already there, before i set the Hairpiece down. My working theory for now is that it appears after the second ritual piece is set down.

Stretching the grey matter, maybe "Ritual, Fisty, Ritual" means do 2 rituals, something with Fisty, then the other 2 rituals.

Here's a delusional thought:

Tram is needed for the Easter egg, as is known.

What if it must be at 3 of the Ritual locations during the ritual? 

Or during the ovum step, or even flag step?

To unlock either the PaP upgrade, or the 4th station. Maybe the Tram must allways face the correct way (like Bootlegger side out, away from the station).

I said that it was delusional...

-----

But, to take the delusional thought a step further. What is the Tram for? The 4 player easter egg and...? Edit: and the Tram symbols sword step. (Sword/Tram symbols: What if the number value, as compared to Cuneiform, tells you the rounds at which you must do something in that district?).

Nobody rides the Tram.

The Subway Rifts make it useless. Even without subway, it is usually safer to run across districts, rather than risk going to the Tram, then running those tight reverses to stay alive at the station while you wait for it, then jump on, get to the correct end, and spend $500. If a player goes down, Subway and/or Beast to the rescue, the Tram wouldn't even be considered. So there may have been other uses for it incorporated into the game.

It's fun in my survival map builds, if i force it, but how many folk play like that?

(See 'Moar zombie maps inside' post on this SoE forum, if you do like to play like that. It's been updated, just not bumped).

Edited by 83457

Alright. One of the Super Nurds have relayed information regarding the upgrade cues we receive for the Servant. He stated that the cue known as "Upgrade_ready_0" has never been heard and if it has, it was by mistake. I'm here to say that, after reviewing what the quote is and what it sounds like, I have heard it in a legitimate playthrough. However, I heard it while wielding a sword. Now, I haven't been involved, recently, in discovering new cues and such as I have a life that needs to be lived. Yet, I still have a strong interest in this world of imagination so I'm sticking by until my mind cannot last in this biome.

So, this audio cue is related to the servant but only occurs with a sword. It's as if, in order to upgrade the servant, we need to have completed most of everything else. At least when considering the swords in their normal state. The process to upgrade the swords is another quest all their own. The one thing that puts it all together is the audio cues we receive. The question that remains is: "Do we need to reach a point in our journey before attempting an upgrade?" I ask this because if according to Super Nurd, Downtown Fuck, we need these cues to progress than this means we need certain quests to be completed prior to engaging a further quest. Well'p I'm going to head back to hentai and thinking about 'Making a Murderer'. Good luck with this stuff.

• Like 1

Here's where the T-Virus really shines inside of me. Remember how the Mega Gumball Randomizer works? You somehow put it on a plate THROUGH a window. With this simple information we can conclude that maybe, possibly, there are other windows that are not static. In the sense that we can interact with the windows granted that we have something that fits the piece. I question this because, deep down in my soul, I always felt suspicion regarding the Coffee Shop 'room', if I can even call it a room. More like a table and a wall. Even still, there are plenty of places where you would think you could interact through the windows. Consider it while investigating and activating certain cues, such as the boat bells, the white gumball itself could be taken somewhere else. Or there is something more that we can do to the ilk of the mystery gumball.

The map just feels too empty to look so full... There must be more involving the "side lines" as I'll call it. The areas of the map that aren't the vocal point of the area or aren't exactly apart of where you usually would search. For example, "Detour 2 Diner" could be a reference to Tranzit's infamous detour from Diner to Town but there could also be more to the Diner in Footlight than we anticipate. The design of the diner is small and petite, yet there are plates set, a refrigerator open and contained inside the refrigerator are some bottles of unfamiliarity. The poster of our Gumball machine is found along with flashing lights and a cooking area in the back that beckons to be investigated. Keep in mind, our previous games and what might be referenced could also be pointed at Exo-Zombies. A lot of us don't like Sledgies take on Zombies but I love Bruce Campbell. Although the diner might not show anything related to any other universe besides the Treyarch universe, it's still something I'm personally curious about.

Edited by DrVonstool

DrV, on side line stuff.

I believe that there is a piano that can be made to make noise, in a window to the left of Stamin-Up. Xbone only.

On 360, we don't interact with the gum through a window. Instead, outside, in front of the window, we get a small metal stamped ashtray for our gumball.

• Like 1

My T-Virus levels are too high, I can't stop.  Waterfront is driving me crazy.  Okay check this out:  You're at the entrance to the boxing gym, looking straight at the altar.  Walk right in and immediately walk right and you'll see one of those punching balls suspended in the air, a chain binds it from both the floor and the ceiling.  It moves when you shoot it/knife it.  I want to do many things to do this ball.  Play as the boxer, throw both regular arnies and upgraded arnies, shoot ww bullets at it.  Madness.

I'll post an image later tonight, busy all day.

Edited by Pasta
  • Like 1