Is Maxis in the MPD and Samantha in the cave?

Firstly I wan't to talk about who is the controller of the timeline in the Giant, I am going to relate back to a lot of things in the old story too so bare with me.

In the WaW-BO-BO2 timeline, when Richtofen traps Samantha and Maxis in the teleport with Fluffy, expecting them to be ripped to pieces, they are teleported to different locations. This is because a function of the teleporter, when used for time travel at least, is that it can teleport someone to one of two locations. The first being the Moon, where Richtofen ended up when using the teleporter for the first time. Then, for unknown reasons, he ended up being teleported again- without the use of the teleporter- to Shangri La. This leads me to the conclusion that when Samantha and Maxis teleported and went to different locations, they went to both of these separately. Samantha goes to the Moon and sub sequentially runs to the MPD, while Maxis is teleported to a cave. That cave being in Shangri La (Not Buried). This is when he built the 31-79 jgb215, Richtofen quotes saying "I knew Maxis was working on such a device, but I had no idea he was successful.", he says this because he never was successful when he was in Der Riese. It was only when he got to Shangri La could he create the weapon, albeit in a makeshift way, but he did it. He even named it after the location he was in. I know the box pulls weapons from time, but some weapons are bonded to a location which is clearly evident from the Winters Howl, Zap Guns, Paralyzer, Blundergat etc. Eventually he is teleported out of the caves and to the Moon where he dies and his soul seems to take over the computers or whatever, I never really understood why he was in the computer.

But now we get to the Giant. Yes it is a different timeline, with similarities though. A lot of things hint to something strange about the event I had just described. I believe that it happened differently. Instead of Maxis going to Shangri La, he went to the Moon and is in the MPD. Samantha is lost in Shangri La. My first inkling to this idea was the lack of Samantha in the Flytrap Easter Egg. Why would she not be narrating it? Just to get this out the way as well, the Maxis who does narrate it is from the "House" timeline and not the one of this timeline, he has no part in these events. Then Richtofen, who I might add is very much all knowing and knows essentially everything about what is happening, what has happened, what will happen and what could happen. He says two important quotes: "?. She... or someone else?" "I wonder... is this need for payment something for Maxis' subconscious... or mine?" Richtofen knows Samantha is not in control and more importantly that Maxis is. He literally references Maxis paying them for killing zombies, like all characters do about all controllers. This last piece of evidence is irrefutable to this idea that Maxis is in the MPD and Samantha is in the MPD. (Also this loading screen has to mean a Moon remake in the future, no reason otherwise to make it and anyone who says otherwise can eat my socks).

maxresdefault.jpg

Samantha is not on the Moon. Her shadow does not loom over the Biodome. Only fragments of Griffin Station remain. She is Shangri La. Thanks to @Tac for this next part, it really seals the deal for this whole theory for me and proves further the WaW timeline part with Maxis and this part. Where she is standing, literally matches up with the old Shangri La loading screen. Next to the eclipse, the last bubble:

maxresdefault.jpg

She would literally be standing where the leaves and steps are. She is now in Shangri La, not the MPD.

I think this has to be correct. With each of these remakes, we are not only being given a new extension to the story but getting resolutions to the old one. Notice the Giant answered the question of when that radio was set and gave us a timeframe. Now we can definitely say where Maxis went. Its pretty awesome how they are telling two stories but technically only solving one. I hope people find other connections and can solve the old part of the story too. Also if anyone can disprove any of this, I will be the one to eat my socks. Lucky I got some for Christmas.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

Yeah, sounds logical.

You could be right.

Does this mean there could be a future Shangri La map?

I wouldn't bet on it. The lack of the focusing stone and Vril Device in the adverts page on the Moon loading screen makes it seem like their isn't. But I don't know. I think if anything the pyramid from Shangri La will be on the Moon and replace it.

• Administrators

This sounds very plausible @Nightmare Voyager, awesome work.  However, I do wonder if Maxis actually went to the MPD considering we don't see one in the edited loading screen.  That's what makes me skeptical.  Also, I think at the end of the thread, you should add something in there about why this matters, or why this is important.  Like, it's cool that they switched Maxis and Samantha's role, but what's the relevance?  It would only matter that Maxis is in the MPD and Sam is in the caves if we continued in the Giant timeline, but it seems we may not be.  Additionally, I'm a bit confused as to how this is a resolution to the old story like you mentioned.  Is there any way you could delve into that a bit more? :)

For anyone who cares, here's the image of Samantha that I photoshopped into the loading screen:

XTg0IeD.png

Well before, we did not know what cave Maxis went to. Now we have that question possible answered. We also got something small answered, which was the teleporter that Richtofen used to send Maxis and Sam away. Its like they are pressing forward and just giving us nice resolutions to stuff we wouldn't really know about otherwise. I also didn't think I needed to point out the importance. Samantha isn't in control anymore, so that changes things a lot and people can really derive what that means for themselves, since I don't even really know what it means for the further story. I don't remember seeing the MPD in the loading screen (the original one) only the Shangri La pyramid floating in space and landing on the Moon, which is still there. I also think the iron crosses and fallen Giants hint heavily that we are in the same timeline. It makes sense really, no point in changing time there if it never comes up again.