Something Interesting I found Earlier.

Ragdo11706

So earlier today I was yet again searching on how to Upgrade this damn Apothicon Servant. At the time in the game I was Jackie "Fn" Vincent and I had the Kor-Maroth.

Also I had gotten my *Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding* during my 4 Rituals. Eventually getting back to the point where the Gun is taken out of the box.

So I had a crawler and walked the entire map, "Slowly" observing everything. When I got to the Canal District something began to catch my Eye. Something I hadn't seen anyone until now mention before.

IMAG1592_1.thumb.jpg.4588ad2bb695b6f7251

IMAG1577_1.thumb.jpg.f9f5f649f7f05adcde7

So I saw a bunch of these "Puddles" on the Ground in the Canal District. One of them caught my eye near the Arch-Ovum Circle. I immediately started looking for more.

The first image is directly underneath of the RubyRabbit sign. Coincidentally everyone of these "Symbols"/"Puddles" I found were in the same exact spot as a Cocoon location.

What do you guys think?!?!

IMAG1573_1.jpg

IMAG1603_1.jpg

Edited by Ragdo11706
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Completechaos27 said:

I only see these in canal distract, near most of the cocoon locations. However none of these puddles are near any of the cocoon locations in waterfront or footlight.

Yea I know. There is one or two in the Waterfront District. Way down on the Docks, on the Left side near the wide path.

there are also 3 in Junction. In between Chang's Laundromat, At the front of Waterfront, Beside Footlight Entrance. The textures seem really glitchy in this spot.

As far as the *Ding is concerned. If you listen to the "Shadow Man" once you begin a Ritual. He will say something along the lines of "Here We Go!" *Ding.

Well you can have this occur on all 4 Rituals. If you complete them in this order, Canals, Footlight, Junction/Rift, Waterfront. Thus giving you the *Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*.

That order is the order the ritual parts appear in inventory.

Just to be clear, the ding that you mention isn't the one that always plays when you set down the summoning key? Like a metal on metal noise.

You're saying it's an actual 'golden helmet' ding and it only occurs in that specific order? Like a counter service bell that you hit to get waited on.

The 'dings' occur for me on every ritual regardless of character, order of rituals, progress of swords/ww. They are during the shadow man qoutes and as far as I can tell, just signify the start of a ritual. There may be more qoutes but these are the only 2 that I have heard

Here we go 'ding' the ritual has begun

Your sacrifice 'ding' has been chosen 

7 hours ago, Dr.Z said:

I have heard "here we go" only one time out of all the rituals I've done and it was round 1 with Nero at the ritual in his room.

I've gotten the, "Here We go" quote on all 4 Rituals before. This only occurred once. I can't remember the exact order but I want to say,

• Footlight
  • Junction/Rift
  • Canals
  • Waterfront

However I've done them in this order 100x but only once did I receive that specific quote on all 4. I doubt there's any significance, just thought it was odd.

I will say, I do find it weird once you've completed Neros Ritual, the candles on each corner of his altar extinguish. Where as none of the other characters seem to have this affect. Another thing is the right side of his Altar (closest to the microphone stand). The textures seem very "Glitchy".

Come one guys, I hear all of the ritual starting quotes, they are literally random. No special method, its random to keep it fresh each time you do one of the four rituals. That ding happens to say the ritual is initiated. It doesn't happen straight away because its a different sound file to the quote so it can't always be timed exactly right in every game.

4 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Come one guys, I hear all of the ritual starting quotes, they are literally random. No special method, its random to keep it fresh each time you do one of the four rituals. That ding happens to say the ritual is initiated. It doesn't happen straight away because its a different sound file to the quote so it can't always be timed exactly right in every game.

I have had games where once I did do the Rituals, I wouldn't receive the *Ding. This is why I made such a big deal about it not long ago. Because for a long time I only heard it very seldomly. All of a sudden, in the past two weeks or so, after switching up the order of the Rituals I started hearing it every time. 

This still don't explain the candles at Neros Altar. Why does he have 4, 1 at the foot of each corner that also "Extinguish" once the Ritual is completed. Where as none of the other characters does this.

IMAG1502.thumb.jpg.00bdab089a74dfd8b510e

I'm pretty sure that's probably correct. The coding just has an "fx_exploder" linked to a fire ritual, or ritual in general for the candles in Neros Landing.

I guess it's something similar to the "fx_exploder" that's linked to the doors the "Beast" breaks open. As well as the PaP stone.

16 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I'm pretty sure that's probably correct. The coding just has an "fx_exploder" linked to a fire ritual, or ritual in general for the candles in Neros Landing.

I guess it's something similar to the "fx_exploder" that's linked to the doors the "Beast" breaks open. As well as the PaP stone.

What if it was planned to be four elemental rituals as opposed to Gateworm ones? You've got Nero's: Fire, and then the rest can be linked from there I guess?

1 hour ago, steviewonder87 said:

Those puddles look to me to be just random decals/models that they have spammed around the map for detail. I can ask the guy who mapped the Waterfront district if you like and he can clarify what exactly they are, but I'm 99% sure they are nothing.

That would be cool, the only reason I mentioned it, was the fact there only located in the Canal District. With the exception of 3 in Junction and 1 at Waterfront. Ironically enough there all located near a "Cocoon" location. 

What really got me was there are 2 of them directly underneath the Ruby Rabbit sign. Which is a known locationf or the Margwa Heart & a "Cocoon" location. I'm sure it probably is nothing, just something rather interesting is all.

Would you mind explaining to me, "The guy who mapped the Waterfront District." Like you know the actual architect who skinned it or is he another custom mapper like yourself?!?! I'm lost...

18 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

That would be cool, the only reason I mentioned it, was the fact there only located in the Canal District. With the exception of 3 in Junction and 1 at Waterfront. Ironically enough there all located near a "Cocoon" location. 

What really got me was there are 2 of them directly underneath the Ruby Rabbit sign. Which is a known locationf or the Margwa Heart & a "Cocoon" location. I'm sure it probably is nothing, just something rather interesting is all.

Would you mind explaining to me, "The guy who mapped the Waterfront District." Like you know the actual architect who skinned it or is he another custom mapper like yourself?!?! I'm lost...

He is a freelance mapper who currently maps for Treyarch, He mapped the Citadel Tunnels and some other areas in MOTD for BO2 (can be seen here if you are interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3zY_tO0gFE) as well as some other MP/SP stuff, and they rehired him for BO3. He used to be a custom mapper for COD4 and WAW though (he actually mapped the spawn area in my map Oil Rig.) I spoke to him the other day and he told me he mapped the Waterfront district in Shadows of Evil, and there were 4 level designers (mappers) in total, and 22 members in the entire team who worked on the map overall.

On ritual dings: maybe they were added and not there at first.

We 360 users had a whole lot of voice and sounds added in one of the patches.

The new voice quotes really threw me off, before i realized that a bunch of static quotes were added.

The Margwa now has asthma. Jessica would say 'why are you making so much noise...?' But he only stomped around. Now he has asthma as well, but none of his sounds seem to be '... Is it because I'm shooting you?'.

Stamin-up still has no jingle.

1 hour ago, steviewonder87 said:

He is a freelance mapper who currently maps for Treyarch, He mapped the Citadel Tunnels and some other areas in MOTD for BO2 (can be seen here if you are interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3zY_tO0gFE) as well as some other MP/SP stuff, and they rehired him for BO3. He used to be a custom mapper for COD4 and WAW though (he actually mapped the spawn area in my map Oil Rig.) I spoke to him the other day and he told me he mapped the Waterfront district in Shadows of Evil, and there were 4 level designers (mappers) in total, and 22 members in the entire team who worked on the map overall.

That's F*****g awesome. I wish I had a PC to play Custom Zombies, Oil Rig looks badass. I honestly cannot wait to see what you guys come up with, when the Mod tools come out for BO III. I'm definitely going to be getting a PC then.

Maybe you can subtly ask him if the A.S. can be upgraded (hell maybe you already know). Bc I'm not buying this, TreyArch disabled the step to obtain the "Cocoon" B.S.

22 minutes ago, 83457 said:

On ritual dings: maybe they were added and not there at first.

We 360 users had a whole lot of voice and sounds added in one of the patches.

The new voice quotes really threw me off, before i realized that a bunch of static quotes were added.

The Margwa now has asthma. Jessica would say 'why are you making so much noise...?' But he only stomped around. Now he has asthma as well, but none of his sounds seem to be '... Is it because I'm shooting you?'.

Stamin-up still has no jingle.

That's a possibility. Haha about the Margwa. That's why when you shoot his big ass with the Apothicon Servant. Once he's missing a head, he drops down and does the "Tebow". 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Conzul said:

@Ragdo11706

A bit, they look like them.

I noticed though that under almost all of the cocoon locations there's either a man-hole or a rotting cardboard box.

These are located only in the Canal District, each subsequently at one of the Locations a "Cocoon" can be hung.

All with the exception of 3. There is one directly in front of "Easy Street" in the Junction. Another one is located at the entrance to Waterfront, and the final one can be found in the Junction as well, at the Entrance to the "Footlight District".