Maybe we have been looking at WW upgrade all wrong. MUST READ

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the egg is filled up, you put it in the sword chamber. Notice the sword has a gap. Once built, the gap is filled with the little guy. Once it is Reborn, it is a Keeper head in the sword (i think).

So you rebirth a keeper in the sword upgrade. Hence 'Reborn'.

I won't say it isn't connected to the WW, as i feel there is a sword connection, given the sword names come close to matching parts of the 4 WW names, but that whole egg-to adult thing is clearly the sword making/upgrading itself. Can't say with confidence that it carries over to the AS, which is it's own creature already.

Shrug.

As for gateworms, I have studied the placement of them, and it is 100% not specific. All my testing has been done on solo, and will happen any game you focus on.

If all 4 gateworms are collected and ready to be placed in PaP, you will

A) Set down the worm corresponding with your characters ritual FIRST.

B) Then set down the worms in order from left to right as seen on your hud.

Example:

If your Jackie Vincent, you will place all the worms in the order of your hud. Left to right.

However if your Floyd, you will place the far right worm first, and then place them left to right.

If your Jessica, you will place the 2nd worm from the left first, then Jack V, then Neros, and finally Floyds.

edit: Thank you Ragdo11706 for the correction.

After reviewing several games from theater, as well as watching my hud during live gameplay, the information suggested above is incorrect.

It appears now, regardless of where you place the worms, and who your playing. The worms are placed

Floyd's, Jackie's, Jessica's, then Nero's.

That is if you've picked them all up, and are playing solo.

If you pick them up and place them individually, you can still choose where you'd want to place.

However I don't believe this matters regardless.

Edited by Completechaos27

Thanks C7.

Edit: maybe that's the order we should do rituals.

---

I was just playing and got my first audio cue besides the occasional one while building it.

I did not touch the summoning key nor ritual parts until the AS was built. Nar-Ullaqua built in waterfront, i was Floyd, waterfront egg statue done last, sword taken. Trip Mine upgraded first, D-O version. Shield made, in canal. Round 16-17ish.

I took the key, the badge, and went to canal red circle. I fired the AS into the center of the circle, getting the badge keepers, some zombies, and some flyer(s?) In the mix. When it finished, i got the "zornash, (AS), zornash" voice.

Died before trying much. Thought I'd share. Maybe you need to suck up 3 types?

Edit: if zornash, (AS), zornash means altar, AS, altar, then maybe it's just repeating the first word to say keep doing it.

Like i fired the AS in the circle, then it says 'ritual, fire AS, ritual'... Et cetera, until the rituals are done. 

---

Also, in the general forum, there is talk of the sword having a counter that goes down with headshots...

What? Off to check.

Edited by 83457
Made you look.

That's not true about the placement of the Worms. I always do Waterfront last and that's always the first one I put down. This I can definitely 100% confirm.

Mind you this is after getting the *Ding on all 4 Rituals. So that may have something to do with it. I honestly believe there is a reason why sometimes you can get the *Ding and sometimes you don't.

Edited by Ragdo11706

Even if their is some easter egg to do with the gateworms placement, I do not think it is the WW upgrade. Has anyone actually tried matching up the sentence the names make up into actions or not?

For what it's worth here you go. 

IMAG1614_1.thumb.jpg.321b30bbc502ce67fe6

@Nightmare Voyager I don't really know. But if you take a look at the thread I made the other day. "Something interesting I found".

Those textures sure do look a lot like the Gateworms. Funny thing is, there only located in the Canal District. Except for 3 in Junction & 1 in Waterfront at the Docks. Except there all located at Cocoon Locations.

I also think the gateworms relate to them simply because, they light up 4 Symbols that revolves directly around the word Apothicon. If you think about it the Shadow Man and whomever else he's involved with are the Apothicons. 

Then you have the Keepers. When we receive the Reborn Sword I think that also has to do with the Apothicon Servant being "Reborn". Which ironically enough, just so happens to be us. 

We are the Servants to the Apothicons until we become Reborn.

The gun is the servant, we are pawns. Theirs a difference. Also I think you've got it a bit twisted, of course the Shadowman, Margwa and whatever else are Apothicon. But technically so are the Keepers. I think they are both from the same species and the Keepers are a strain who evolved differently and didn't want part in universal destruction so thats where the conflict comes from. Still, I don't see how this relates to the Apothicon Servant, you can't just say the Gateworms relate because they are Apothicon because by that logic anything can.

Also I still do not understand why nobody is using that language and what the names translate to as steps to upgrade it. That should be the most obvious and prevelent way to do it, not placing Gateworms in the correct order which honestly does sound far-fetched in the case of upgrading the servant.

R@NightmareVoyager I agree that the language is the most likely way to upgrade the WW but we only have a limited amount of words. Also, the reborn swords seem to be in the keeper language which we do not know. Also, we only have parts of the sword and wonder weapon names. When you are dealing with a different language, you cannot fill in the gaps, you will just be making it up. None of the translations I have seen so far make any sense at all. And the quotes for the wonder weapon are spoken, so again words are down to interpretation of pronunciation.

The only glimmer of hope I can see is that the symbols for the apothicon language appear to be physical representations of the meaning. For example, points looks like a hand containing 3 coins so maybe we are not supposed to translate but create a symbol using the language which will be some physical representation of the step, or a symbol that we have to find and interact with in order to start the upgrade.

Edited by DaveLo07

@DaveLo07

Not only are we dealing with a different language. We're dealing with a completely made up language, by a game developer. 

I agree as well. The problem is we've only got a few of the words that are important to go off of. With that being said I don't see any logical way we could actually determine what the other symbols actually translate to. Even if we were to figure out what the "Apothicon" pronunciation is. That still doesn't give us the English definition.  

HO9S0qR.png

@yourmapper actually posted this on the Reddit, not sure why not here. This literally is him figuring out how the language works. Literally understand how letters and words are formed. It cannot be as hard as people are making it out to be.

All WW names span from a mix of these words. The language can be figured out if people actually put their minds to it. I have already figured out that Kor can be used in words that start with "On" but can also be used in Elemental for some reason. Their is a way to figure it out with just the information we have. I am going to keep looking at it because I am sure the answers are here if its translated right.

I have seen the language and symbol charts, as far as I am aware any words being discovered are because of the way the symbol looks. If you look at parasite, elemental etc they are physical representations of what they mean. If this is the same for words like kor-maroth or lor-zarazzor then we might be onto something, but there is no way to directly translate a language from scratch whether it is real or fictional IMO. If hello is salut in French, it doesn't mean that hell is salu. It is not a cipher. I would say the symbols created by the WW names/quotes are the key.

Edited by DaveLo07
42 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

HO9S0qR.png

@yourmapper actually posted this on the Reddit, not sure why not here. This literally is him figuring out how the language works. Literally understand how letters and words are formed. It cannot be as hard as people are making it out to be.

All WW names span from a mix of these words. The language can be figured out if people actually put their minds to it. I have already figured out that Kor can be used in words that start with "On" but can also be used in Elemental for some reason. Their is a way to figure it out with just the information we have. I am going to keep looking at it because I am sure the answers are here if its translated right.

@yourmapper actually posted a more up to date version of this forum.

Apothicon.jpg.562721a40efd091bae16c9dd9b

Notice how now "Envy" is with the Dancer.

I think they all have different sins to go with them. If hers is Envy and we figure out why, we could figure out the others sins and then be able to decipher those symbols. Theirs a trick to it I am sure of it.

What if we got the name of each Apothicon Servant and built the symbols together. Then we see how that looks and where we can go from there?

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
5 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Even if their is some easter egg to do with the gateworms placement, I do not think it is the WW upgrade. Has anyone actually tried matching up the sentence the names make up into actions or not?

Yes, but nobody is sure on the translations. Some think there are 4 AS with 4 upgrades, which each states.

Some feel that there is one AS, and the 4 names are possibly the upgrade steps.

In my theory, Kor means 1, because of it's use in other words. I guessed Mar might mean 3 (Mar gwa= 3 eyes?). Oth is often involved in creature names, so i got Kor-Maroth translated as (1-3 beings). Or first, combine 3 creature parts: margwa heart, pod-Margwa tentacle, flyer/meatball xenomatter.

If I'm correct with this guesswork/translation, then Mar-Astagua would be step 3: 3-cursed?

If Mar is 3 and...

Astagua appears in the phrase 'only ? Astagua survive' (or similar, not looking at it right now), making me think 'cursed', which would be Beast, or possibly just the player characters.

Lor and Nar would theoretically be 2 and 4 but in what order?

So, they are vague at best.

I still can't get dings on rituals, i don't know if I'm doing it wrong, or if the dings don't exist on 360.

---

On worm placement: i guess it would be impossible to place the worms for the solo players that start with a character whose worm starts near pap, unless we can place worms as beast, because the run-wall wouldn't be up until you placed an altar-side worm.

Why does everyone keep calling them eyes? Eyes do not have teeth, they are mouths. Also if you look at the translations, its not exactly that. Kor can be both on (not one, on) or some part of elemental. Mar has not been found yet, although its symbol is a cross thing and three dots so that three thing is still likely.

45 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Why does everyone keep calling them eyes? Eyes do not have teeth, they are mouths. Also if you look at the translations, its not exactly that. Kor can be both on (not one, on) or some part of elemental. Mar has not been found yet, although its symbol is a cross thing and three dots so that three thing is still likely.

Yes, mouths with bugs in them. So how do we translate GWA? Mouths? Robot is GWAnash... 

Kor isn't set in stone. It was just the best that i could come up with.

Kor is in Ones, Only, At the Same Time (at one time?) in the time category, which i based my KOR = 1 hypothesis off of. But it is also in Elemental, and Come.

I do not see it used as ON, where did you see that?

9 minutes ago, 83457 said:

Yes, mouths with bugs in them. So how do we translate GWA? Mouths? Robot is GWAnash... 

Kor isn't set in stone. It was just the best that i could come up with.

Kor is in Ones, Only, At the Same Time (at one time?) in the time category, which i based my KOR = 1 hypothesis off of. But it is also in Elemental, and Come.

I do not see it used as ON, where did you see that?

Well Ones and Only have On in them and Kor so it was the obvious assumption.

33 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Well Ones and Only have On in them and Kor so it was the obvious assumption.

Ah, gotcha. I feel that them meaning one makes more sense, but i can't swear by what I've got either. It's just the most sense that I've made of it yet.

Alternately, if i am Kor-rect, Kor-Moroth could mean 1-3(creature/thing) as first, suck up 3 different creatures at once. Which is what i did when i got the audio cue: keeper, reg z, parasite.

Again, I'm not saying this is correct, just one of my best working hypotheses.

55 minutes ago, 83457 said:

Kor-rect

Amazing. You might be right about Kor, it might be one but if its in only then maybe it means just singular? I don't really know, but the numbers thing has to mean something you are right.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Amazing. You might be right about Kor, it might be one but if its in only then maybe it means just singular? I don't really know, but the numbers thing has to mean something you are right.

Working with that, i got Kor=1 and a possible Mar= 3 (which is, admittedly a bigger leap of faith), but if there is truth to this then.

Kor, lor, mar, nar (the 4 AS prefixes) alphabetically, looks like 1,2,3,4. (Lor and Nar could be reversed, or this whole idea could be shit).

I propose that that is the number order of the steps. While some feel this is the 4 possible AS varieties.

Can anyone actually get me the audio of what the disembodied voice says when audio triggers on the Servant? People have kind of said what it is but I really want to be able to listen to it myself.