Very Basic Discussion "Pack a Punch"

How about this, my idle test subjects. The fact that our original Heroes from The Giant mention different places. Such as France; Origins and Peru; Shangri-La. I'd say these characters have officially confirmed the location of Shangri-La simply by mentioning Peru as it's the only possible map they could be referencing to. As for these multiverse PaP theories, they are kewl. A universe where the Apothicans created their rendition, a universe where the Keepers created their rendition, a universe where a blacksmith put it all together. What's next? Samantha explains that the box is in her room and it originated in the Home Department Store? It's cool to see different takes on the same concept, however, it just makes the story more bloated and possibly uninteresting for an outsider. This is my only concern. People on the outside will never fully understand.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

Good discussion here with some cool story links. 

The quote about the "Blacksmith from the Old West" making the "Modern Day" Pack-a-Punch should be definetly linked to the Blacksmiths shop in Buried. Interesting story link there. 

There is also quotes about the Gobble Gum machine being invented in America. With that, we can also assume that Dr Monty is also responsible for creating the Perk-a-Cola machines. as we see the perk bottles in his factory. 

As for the the origin of the Pack-a-Punch, let's look at the Origins Machine. I can't quote exactly, but there are multiple character quotes regarding its history. We have to power the 115 Generators to put the "Ancient Stones" back together. So it requires a lot of 115. 

I have been thinking that the Origins Pack-a-Punch Machine was created by "The Ancient Order of the Keepers".

And the Shadows of Evil Pack-a-Punch Machine was created by the "Apothicons"

The "Modern Day" Pack-a-Punch Machine was created by the "Blacksmith from the Old West"

Dang you got me thinking right now...... realizing the Multiverse...... we cant actually say "Who" Created the PaP, because each multiverse has a slightly different PaP machine and SOE has been the most unique of them....

The only constant is that it is fed into the machine,  Goes Somewhere, upgraded and then returned.  The PaP a punch in my opinion is a mini teleporter not an actual upgrading machine that does it internally.

Secondly..... Now this is TOTALLY random but work with me here...... If the PaP machine is indeed a mini teleporter to a "relm" that upgrades things...... could a character go their?  Hell WHY Cant anything be stuck into that machine like a Perk? 

For the hell of it you know when you use the Gobble Gum "on the house" it spawns a perk in front.... I wonder if I face the PaP portal in SOE  while popping the gum, would it manifest the perk bottle in the machine? (This is stupid as I know it wont work but was just making a point)

Why cant we use the PaP for other things?  Again in my mind.... its a mini teleporter? "Michael Faraday" .... his work.....

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DrVonstool said:

How about this, my idle test subjects. The fact that our original Heroes from The Giant mention different places. Such as France; Origins and Peru; Shangri-La. I'd say these characters have officially confirmed the location of Shangri-La simply by mentioning Peru as it's the only possible map they could be referencing to. As for these multiverse PaP theories, they are kewl. A universe where the Apothicans created their rendition, a universe where the Keepers created their rendition, a universe where a blacksmith put it all together. What's next? Samantha explains that the box is in her room and it originated in the Home Department Store? It's cool to see different takes on the same concept, however, it just makes the story more bloated and possibly uninteresting for an outsider. This is my only concern. People on the outside will never fully understand.

Just as a smal correction, he mentions Brazil, not Peru, and it's not related to Shangri-La.

On 12/23/2015 at 0:47 PM, Tac said:

he mentions Brazil, not Peru

Tomato, Potato! They're both in South America which was my point. Shangri-La is in Brazil! I only say that because in the radios for Shangri-La Brock and Gay Gary talk about Natives as if they are traveling through cities and towns to get to Shangri-La. Don't they also equate the zombies to natives? Probably not. Either way, I believes and always have believed that Shangri-La was in Brazil. I mean, what else is there? Buried is in Africa and every other map takes place in fuck-all. I love Shangri-La too, so it's position is doggy style in Brazil.

On 12/23/2015 at 10:01 AM, Exactice_808 said:

Dang you got me thinking right now...... realizing the Multiverse...... we cant actually say "Who" Created the PaP, because each multiverse has a slightly different PaP machine and SOE has been the most unique of them....

The only constant is that it is fed into the machine,  Goes Somewhere, upgraded and then returned.  The PaP a punch in my opinion is a mini teleporter not an actual upgrading machine that does it internally.

Secondly..... Now this is TOTALLY random but work with me here...... If the PaP machine is indeed a mini teleporter to a "relm" that upgrades things...... could a character go their?  Hell WHY Cant anything be stuck into that machine like a Perk? 

For the hell of it you know when you use the Gobble Gum "on the house" it spawns a perk in front.... I wonder if I face the PaP portal in SOE  while popping the gum, would it manifest the perk bottle in the machine? (This is stupid as I know it wont work but was just making a point)

Why cant we use the PaP for other things?  Again in my mind.... its a mini teleporter? "Michael Faraday" .... his work.....

BUMP?

• Administrators
On 12/30/2015 at 1:02 PM, DrVonstool said:

Tomato, Potato! They're both in South America which was my point. Shangri-La is in Brazil! I only say that because in the radios for Shangri-La Brock and Gay Gary talk about Natives as if they are traveling through cities and towns to get to Shangri-La. Don't they also equate the zombies to natives? Probably not. Either way, I believes and always have believed that Shangri-La was in Brazil. I mean, what else is there? Buried is in Africa and every other map takes place in fuck-all. I love Shangri-La too, so it's position is doggy style in Brazil.

I don't think Shangri-La is in Brazil, but actually in the Himalayas.  Do you know of any evidence to suggest it's in South America?

Well, no... I'm sorry that I have no hard evidence other than Dempsey mentioning Brazil. It just made me think of Shangri La because no other map could possibly be there. I used the process of elimination multiplied by jumping the gun in order to conclude that Shangri La equals Brazil. I think my whole response belongs in the T-Virus topic.

1 minute ago, DrVonstool said:

Well, no... I'm sorry that I have no hard evidence other than Dempsey mentioning Brazil. It just made me think of Shangri La because no other map could possibly be there. I used the process of elimination multiplied by jumping the gun in order to conclude that Shangri La equals Brazil. I think my whole response belongs in the T-Virus topic.

Yeah... Shangri La is definitely in the Himalayas, Nothing about it really says Brazil apart from having the sun there XD.

12 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

Do they really mention Himalayas that much? So much that I'm now a fool with my pants on the ground? If my pants reach the floor, then you must know not to come to my door! Soury.

The Shrink Ray's name are coordinates to the Himalayas :)

But that's not enough for me, Senpai! Coordinates from a modified wunderwaffe made to shrink my enemies and kick them? All of this just sounds like good ol fashioned grabbing for straws. Maybe, it's not ON Earth but IN Earth. I mean, technically Shangri La's map design tried to show you complex tunneling while retaining zombie-esque familiarities. Shangri La, the place, is well known for that conspiracy theory. Maybe it is beneath the Himalayas! Maybe Treyarch need to send me an invite to one of their Undead Dinners. Maybe I'm the reincarnation of a Fragtrap. Maybe Trayarch made me crazy. You'll never know.

23 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

But that's not enough for me, Senpai! Coordinates from a modified wunderwaffe made to shrink my enemies and kick them? All of this just sounds like good ol fashioned grabbing for straws. Maybe, it's not ON Earth but IN Earth. I mean, technically Shangri La's map design tried to show you complex tunneling while retaining zombie-esque familiarities. Shangri La, the place, is well known for that conspiracy theory. Maybe it is beneath the Himalayas! Maybe Treyarch need to send me an invite to one of their Undead Dinners. Maybe I'm the reincarnation of a Fragtrap. Maybe Trayarch made me crazy. You'll never know.

It's nowhere near a Wunderwaffe and it literally directs to the Himalayas, looks like the Himalayas and all in all saying its anywhere else is grasping at straws. You can literally see the sky, with the eclipse, which you would only see from on top of Earth. Its in the Himalayas, the fact you thought it was Brazil is a joke really considering it looks nothing like it.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Brock and Gary I believe quote that they are in the Himilaian mountains. THAT is solid reasoning to me. 

The closest they get is mentioning a mountain range, unfortunately:

Brock: The heat and humidity is just excruciating! According to the locals, the temple should be in this mountain range just up this river. Gary, do you hear that? A waterfall! We must be close, hand me the binoculars! There is a structure up ahead. If this is truly a gateway to Agartha, my work with finally be validated!

My point was the Hallow Earth theory. A whole world inside our own. Ever seen that one movie, Journey to the Center of the Earth, I think it was. I don't remember it vividly but the world that our adventurers encountered was not of their own. Besides, Treyarch Zombies is a self-aware concept. Meaning, before Origins and BO2, our featured protagonists were completely conscious of how ridiculous the situations were AND were aware of a player and possible controller. The main brainwave I'm developing is the fact that this self-consciousness and it's prevalence shows that throughout our story, our protagonists were at the very least aware of an overall conspiracy. For example, Treyarch plasters themselves all over the game. As if the conspiracy is them. Treyarch is the theoretical Samantha controlling our story and guiding us. How does this connect to Shangri La? Well, it doesn't. I kind of lost my train of thought as I swerved into the self-awareness within Shangri La's dialogue. Senpai, don't be mean to me because I'm ignorant.. Feel sympathy, for my ignorance may be bliss but it is a curse... I must place my hand upon your stone, Senpai...

Maybe we can use our scientific minds to determine, based on heat and humidity... A waterfall and a mountain range, as well as a river, we can try to discover Shangri La! There are so many Senpais showing up to this discussion... I become intimidated.

Why do you keep calling me "Senpai"? The Hollow Earth idea has nothing to really do with Shangri La. Yeah, Gary and Brock tried to get to Agartha but they never found it. Also Shangri La is literally meant to be located in the Himalayas.

• Administrators

@DrVonstool, I feel what you're trying to say, but it isn't correct unfortunately.  Shangri-La is certainly connected to the Hollow Earth, like you said, except that it's an entrance to it as opposed to actually being in it.  That's why it's believed to be in the Himalayan mountains and not inside the Earth.  Evidence of this comes from what I quoted above.  Brock says "if this truly is a gateway to Agartha," and Agartha is inside the Earth, so it seems as though he's saying Shangri-La is an entrance/gateway to this place, not actually there.

You're more educated than me. In the general lore of zombies. Plus, you're a Panzer Soldat and I'm a Gas Zombie. I stand no chance against your steel armor and angry face of judgement. I still love you, though. Because the survivors find you difficult and sometimes you bash them so hard you cause them to glitch through the map. As a Gas Zombie, I wasn't even in BO2. I made a small appearance in Die Rise but that wasn't even me. It was my Ninja Brother. I just want to understand without being misunderstood! I'm trying to add logic but nothing is happening in my brain. That's why I reviewed some old topics in Treyarch, Black Ops. I want to learn and be educated like you, Senpai. I wanna know all about Ascension because I never got to understand Ascension! I also wanna know why Shangri La is in the Himalayas. 

Oh! Senpai @Tac has given me closure! Yes... Yes... It all comes together now. It isn't the Hallow Earth theory it is the reason we have a Hallow Earth theory. Meaning, Shangri La isn't the theory it is the structure that sets up the theory. No? I understand it now. Agartha is the Shangri La I've been trying to get to. Actual Shangri La is the gateway to Agartha. Origins just became a Giant metaphor in my mind. I want to look deeper into a quim- I mean, this concept...

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think Dr Monty created not only the Gobblegum and Perks, but also PaP (ie, the old west blacksmith)?

I see Monty as some sort of business person who mines and collects 115 to sell products (perks + machines, gum, etc) to make gobs of money. And he/she harvests 115 across dimensions, and sells his/her products across dimensions too to anyone who will buy them.  Monty's need for 115 is one of the reason's it's scarce, and puts him in competition for it with Group 935 and others.

I made this paintjob with Monty's inventions on it, but I might have been overestimating Monty's skills... https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/41grmu/dr_monty_themed_paintjob_for_the_argus/

27 minutes ago, yourmapper said:

Do you think Dr Monty created not only the Gobblegum and Perks, but also PaP (ie, the old west blacksmith)?

I see Monty as some sort of business person who mines and collects 115 to sell products (perks + machines, gum, etc) to make gobs of money. And he/she harvests 115 across dimensions, and sells his/her products across dimensions too to anyone who will buy them.  Monty's need for 115 is one of the reason's it's scarce, and puts him in competition for it with Group 935 and others.

I made this paintjob with Monty's inventions on it, but I might have been overestimating Monty's skills... https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/41grmu/dr_monty_themed_paintjob_for_the_argus/

Monty is a male name. I do not think he made the Pack-a-Punch Machine because A.) Richtofen would say that he made the GobbleGum instead of acting surprised by it and not knowing where it came from B.) Dr. Monty being a blacksmith in the old west seems way to out of place. He had a factory to produce perks and GobbleGum. I definitely do not think he was that blacksmith, or that he sells his products and harvest 115 across dimensions. It is just that different versions of himself exist. He is also a part of group 935 I think, since his machines are in so many of their installations.

17 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I think Dr. Monty might be a bit like "willy wonka" where he doesn't ACTUALLY exist but his name sells products. 

Willy Wonka does exist, at least in the book he does... We also know Dr. Monty exists since he created the perks, owns the factory and has his signature on a blueprint.