Awakening Official Trailer and Der Eisendrache Breakdown

Thank you NV, excellent work as always! 

Anyone else surprised at the sheer size of this map? 

It looks like we have the castle courtyard, and underground labs to explore, which I expected, but unless that gondola is part of the opening cutscene, it looks like we'll be able to explore that EXTENSIVE village too. Considering that it's been confirmed that this DLC will NOT be on last gen, and won't be held to certain size constraints like shadows of evil. It's ENTIRELY possible that the village is fully explorable. This is the FIRST map to be completely unrestricted by last gen, so, while I make no promises and even I doubt that the whole village will be explored, holy crap this map is BIG. We're going to NEED wonderfizz on this map so it doesn't end up like tranzit. 

Moving on, this may just be me, but that one room with all the computer terminals that looks like it came strait from luigi's mansion: 

1-Shadow picture on the monitor in the front.  

2-That large green sphere on the left there LOOKS like a rick-and-morty style portal, which would be useful on such a potentially big map. 

Lastly, I would LOVE there to be a tank-trap. Like, activate the trap and the main cannon just goes WILD firing massive boulder sized blasts at zombies. That would be a trap I'd actually USE. 

Also: Good sign: No boss zombies yet.  Don't get me wrong I like boss zombies, but after shadows of evil, I think we could use a bit of a break. I mean, between the margwas, the meat raps, the parasites, and the keepers? Zombies are barely even the issue anymore (until they trap you in a corner). 

If there is a boss zombie, I'd like it to be more like the Panzer: Annoying, but not EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME. Once every 8 rounds? GREAT. Once every two rounds and EVERY step in upgrading anything? WTF?!?

And actually my IDEAL boss would be a massive robotic dragon flying arround the map for us to use those big guns (see  Dieselpunk Diode pic) but I doubt we'll see that considering so much of the map is outside and we've seen no dragons yet. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Thank you NV, excellent work as always! 

Anyone else surprised at the sheer size of this map? 

It looks like we have the castle courtyard, and underground labs to explore, which I expected, but unless that gondola is part of the opening cutscene, it looks like we'll be able to explore that EXTENSIVE village too. Considering that it's been confirmed that this DLC will NOT be on last gen, and won't be held to certain size constraints like shadows of evil. It's ENTIRELY possible that the village is fully explorable. This is the FIRST map to be completely unrestricted by last gen, so, while I make no promises and even I doubt that the whole village will be explored, holy crap this map is BIG. We're going to NEED wonderfizz on this map so it doesn't end up like tranzit. 

Moving on, this may just be me, but that one room with all the computer terminals that looks like it came strait from luigi's mansion: 

1-Shadow picture on the monitor in the front.  

2-That large green sphere on the left there LOOKS like a rick-and-morty style portal, which would be useful on such a potentially big map. 

Lastly, I would LOVE there to be a tank-trap. Like, activate the trap and the main cannon just goes WILD firing massive boulder sized blasts at zombies. That would be a trap I'd actually USE. 

Also: Good sign: No boss zombies yet.  Don't get me wrong I like boss zombies, but after shadows of evil, I think we could use a bit of a break. I mean, between the margwas, the meat raps, the parasites, and the keepers? Zombies are barely even the issue anymore (until they trap you in a corner). 

If there is a boss zombie, I'd like it to be more like the Panzer: Annoying, but not EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME. Once every 8 rounds? GREAT. Once every two rounds and EVERY step in upgrading anything? WTF?!?

And actually my IDEAL boss would be a massive robotic dragon flying arround the map for us to use those big guns (see  Dieselpunk Diode pic) but I doubt we'll see that considering so much of the map is outside and we've seen no dragons yet. 

I agree with absolutely everything you said, but I think the map being outside so much means a robotic dragon is in order. They have to keep some surprises. They have hidden bosses before. Thats wishful thinking though.

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Well they do like to flaunt their bosses in their trailers. Particularly big ones. 

Not in all of them. Never showed the astronaut, Telecrawlers or Meatballs so who knows?

I may be in the minority here, but I for one DO believe there is a dragon...If youre not already ware, there are some that suggest you can see a dragon in the Der Eisendrache picture, after some inspection, I see what looks like an Iron Dragon laying down behind the wall its eye(eye hole) is clearly visible and the spiky protrusions the snake along the whole way are enough to put me over the top. Check it out if you get a chance

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Cunambula said:

I may be in the minority here, but I for one DO believe there is a dragon...If youre not already ware, there are some that suggest you can see a dragon in the Der Eisendrache picture, after some inspection, I see what looks like an Iron Dragon laying down behind the wall its eye(eye hole) is clearly visible and the spiky protrusions the snake along the whole way are enough to put me over the top. Check it out if you get a chance

Would you be able to show me where it is?  

11 hours ago, Tac said:

Would you be able to show me where it is?  

Its on the left side between the bell tower and main castle. Honestly I think it is just a fallen part of a building and the eye people are seeing is a door since its rectangular.

1 hour ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

This map just looks so good. I'm going to assume there is no dragon as to not get my hype up for this map even more and be disappointed if there isn't one. If there is a dragon however, that would be epic and hopefully makes for a decent boss that isn't as annoying as the Margwas.

When I read the Die Rise achievements, the one about facing the dragon, I always though their would be a dragon boss that would fly past the spawn room near the start of the game and be a hint at the boss. Weirdly I got what the spawn room looked like perfectly in my head so yeah.

6 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Also did anyone else laugh hysterically when blundell said: 

"We'll be wrapping up a lot of questions from the past". 

As if.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. 

To be honest I don't have that many more questions really. Just really odd ones. I think it is going to tie up loose ends in a lot of ways if I think what is going to happen is going to happen.

Two Richtofens? Way more than that, I can count like 10. What do you mean Moon is missing? I even think we are getting it remade for the last map pack with Samantha not in the MPD. They mattered to that part of the story, but they just ended up causing more chaos than the O4 did because they were pawns. Also that last question... Well their is that thing that looks like a head. But remember their was that thing about the Frozen One too. I think thats something that will have to be answered in map.

4 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Well we're MISSING the entire griffen station from the new moon loading screen, and the 6 red lights on the moon in the giant.

As much as I'd love to see moon revisited, I don't think we are. 

Yet their are still parts of it in the loading screen. Their is no reason to show that loading screen, other than their being a remake. That, on top of all the quotes and references in the Giant. Its happening whether people think it is or not, like if it does not I am gonna eat my socks and burn Treyarch to the ground.

40 minutes ago, Cunambula said:

BO2 multiplayer map EE (just a poster) It was a poster for movies, the fourth (or fifth?) one was "return to the Moon"  or something very similar....I was convinced we were going back in BO2 , but alas it never happened...but perhaps it was foreshadowing even farther into the future?

Yes it was on Studio along with the orignal poster that alluded to Moon, one linked to Karate and one linked to a monster under the sea. Firing Range was always rife with hints to zombies and so is Studio. One part of Studio was a damaged city (Die Rise), a western bar with mines (Buried), dinosaur enclosure, some alien stuff and... A CASTLE.

On 12/23/2015 at 0:32 AM, Nightmare Voyager said:

You don't gain anything though. Prestiging just resets weapon kits and GobbleGums, which I have no problem with. Like in normal MP.

you're not gaining anything for prestiging though, i dont get how it is fun for people to lose their gear and have to play really hard to get it all back - i sure as hell never do it in MP

57 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

you're not gaining anything for prestiging though, i dont get how it is fun for people to lose their gear and have to play really hard to get it all back - i sure as hell never do it in MP

You gain a calling card and the level. In classic games you leveled up just for the sake of lelling up, its how games work. It doesn't even matter what you get, just having the prestige is nice like completing an achievement or something. Quit complaining about it if you don't do it and let people enjoy it if they do. The point of video games is to have fun and kill time.