Is it Mr Rapt or Mr Rat?

Most of the time, people say it is Mr Rapt. But I always thought it was Mr Rat and their is that thing with the Ruby Rabbit sign where it says RAT. So which is it and are people just mishearing it?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 'p' is prevelant in 2 of the phonecalls. Rapt could be short for Rapture. I can't see that anyone named 'Rat' could be taken seriously as an employer. Haha. But the Ruby Rabbit sign is also a throw off.

Will we ever find out the correct name?

(I swear the audio in that video is ripped straight from my Phonecalls Video?)

3 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

I think the 'p' is prevelant in 2 of the phonecalls. Rapt could be short for Rapture. I can't see that anyone named 'Rat' could be taken seriously as an employer. Haha. But the Ruby Rabbit sign is also a throw off.

Will we ever find out the correct name?

(I swear the audio in that video is ripped straight from my Phonecalls Video?)

I am not sure that its a throw off or a red herring, it might just be they say Rat strangely. I haven't heard of the name Rapt before, sounds weird. I am gonna listen to the phone calls again and then I don't know.

Okay, I can hear where people get Rapt from but I can hear Rat a lot more than Rapt.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
2 hours ago, Schrödinger said:

Mr Rapt or Mr Rat...

Peter McKay or Peter McCain...

To be or not to be.

McCain. I don't like when people say its McKay because "it sounds like it" yet in the terminal it is McCain and I hear McCain in the radios.

26 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

McCain. I don't like when people say its McKay because "it sounds like it" yet in the terminal it is McCain and I hear McCain in the radios.

McCain is noted in the terminal, where ? I didn't know that.

Translations can be bad, but not when it's about names, right ? The only thing that may change is names pronunciation. In French, the "P" is clearly pronounced.

18 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

Richtofen or Richtofan...

Gersch or Gersh...

Der Riese or Der Reise...

"Find out in the next episode (argh, no you won't}"

Ludvig Maxis or Ludwig Maxis.

Is there a way to know the spelling of certain names due to games files ?

16 minutes ago, Schrödinger said:

Ludvig Maxis or Ludwig Maxis.

How could I forget Maxis!!!

All of the name spelling above is featured in this game, one way or another. There are contradictions from Pictures, images, textures, objects, Terminal Files, subtitles, etc.

Is there a way to know the spelling of certain names due to games files ?

No.

Just like the Kino intro cinematic (if you have subtitles on), Richtofen is spelt "Richtofan".

It is also spelt this way for some the Sound files ~ vox_plr_3_egg_port_richtofan_0

That quote refers to a player looking at his portrait in both Kino & Five. So both maps in a 'Shipped' version of the game are spelt that way.

Name spelling contradictions are all through this game. (It's better just to move on)

Yeah but even with spelling errors, their are obvious ones like Richtofen, Ludvig (AND IT IS LUDVIG, NOT LUDWIG), Der Riese, Gersch (Whenever that is misspelled I die a little inside, it says it on the device...) and then you have McCain.

I couldn't care less about any of that though, all of that isn't relevant storyline wise at the moment. All I care about is Rat or Rapt.